Thread: First Impressions (two-shot AaMayL)

Default First Impressions (two-shot AaMayL)

Here it is, another lame AaMayL fic from me. This was requested by a fellow user, but don't expect me to live up to your expectation; I'm not exactly good at fullfilling requests. Do not enjoy, thank you.
    Disclaimer:
    I don't own Pokemon.
    Rating: PG, but the worst here is a non-casualty accident.

About two years before his Pokemon journey, Ash Ketchum wasn't exactly aiming to be a Pokemon Master, yet. In fact, he already had a title as a Master; the "troublemaking Master".

Together with then best-friend Gary Oak, the two would cause so many headaches to the residents of Pallet Town. Strangely enough, their respective guardians(Delia Ketchum and Professor Samuel Oak) never once attempt to reprimand the two.

Playing pranks is what these two mainly engage in, but they never do deliberately hurt someone. Until now, that is...

Ash jumped halfway down the stairs when he heard the doorbell ring. "I'll be going, Mom!" he called out to his mother, while grabbing his "gear" off a shoe closet. The gear consists of: a green baseball cap with a blue lining, a red bandana, and what many not-so-affectionately call "bag of tricks".

The eight-year-old opened the door to reveal his friend Gary. "Come on, Ash, I've got something neat to show you."

As Ash closed the front door behind him, he followed Gary out of their front yard. "Hey, Gary, I thought you'd have your hands full since you grandpa would be having guests."

"Hah!" was the retort. "Entertaining guests would be too boring for me. I'd rather show you that 'thing' I promised."

The other boy grinned broadly. Whatever Gary wanted to show his best friend, Ash was eagerly waiting for to see. He tucked his red bandana out of his right pocket, where it always was in his clothes, and followed Gary down the road.

The two boys ran the short distance between their houses. At the corral of his grandfather's laboratory, Gary was extra careful as not to alert anyone inside the house of their presence. He and Ash snuck into the corral, where many of the inhabitant Pokemon are still sleeping due to the time of day.

But that was not before Ash spotted someone walking out the back door of the Oak Labs to the corral. Gary pulled Ash towards a rock as they hid from the newcomer. "Oh, man, it's the little girl with the people Gramps met with earlier! I don't want her to see us!"

The two boys evaded the girl, and onto the deeper section of the corral. However, try as they might, they're no Solid Snake, as the little girl spotted them just as they ducked behind the trees. The section in question was a special field where three very rare Pokemon species make their home.

Before they can get a closer look, however, a small voice from behind them made the two boys literally jump. "Hi. What are you doing?"

Ash and Gary turned around to see that the girl from earlier has followed them there. The latter of the two boys was quite annoyed by her sudden appearance, but Ash wasn't quite mutual. "Hi. My friend here is about to show me some rare species of Pokemon. Want to come along?" he added, much to Gary's annoyance.

"Su- sure," the girl said nervously.

There both Ash and the girl were astonished as to what they saw there.

The three species in question nest their respective families in three corners of the field, making a sort of imaginary triangle. The south corner houses two dark-green four-legged dinosaurs with what is like a large palm tree on each of their backs. The northeast corner belongs to turtle-like Pokemon with two white cannon-like devices protruding from their large shells. The last corner, the northwest, is home to a couple of orange dragon-like Pokemon with large wings and a flame on the tip of each tail. All three pairs of Pokemon, and their respective pre-evolution families, are asleep.

"Gramps told me that they are some of the most powerful species of Pokemon," Gary told Ash. "Luck would have it that their pre-evolutions are those selected by the League as the Pokemon trainers can start out with. And that one," he added, pointing to the larger of the two, the male, dragon, "is the very Pokemon Gramps started out with when he was still a trainer. He also told me that one is the most difficult to raise of all of them."

"Huh, that's surely not the Pokemon I want when I start my Pokemon journey," Ash thought out loud. "What about you, Gary? What Pokemon do you want to use out of all three of them?"

"Easy. I'll be picking the most powerful, which is that one, of course," Gary said, pointing to the large turtle. Then, a grin appearing in his face, he added, "What do you say to a dare, Ash? Are you brave enough to close in on that dragon they call, Charizard?"

"Hu- huh, what?" Ash stuttered. "You want me to-"

Gary slapped his friend in the back. "Hey, don't worry. Charizard are only threatened by enemies they think are worthy enough to fight. Gramps' Charizard wouldn't hurt you even if you come close! I just want to see if you're even brave enough to take that risk!"

"I don't know, it might be dangerous," the girl voiced her notion.

"Hey, you're just here to watch, okay? So not another word," Gary said.

Ash swallowed hard, as Gary pushed him out of their hiding place. He slowly and silently approached the northwest corner of the area, where Professor Oak's Charizard rests. The three Pokemon are, fortunately for Ash, sound asleep. But still, the boy feels uneasy about the dare Gary set on him. As Ash closed in, the lone offspring of the Charizard woke up, and it immediately caught Ash's attention.

For a few seconds, the two could only stare each other in the eyes, blinking alternatively. Gary slapped his forehead. 'What is he doing, just standing there? If he doesn't hurry, Gramps' Charizard might wake up as well!'

Sure enough, the Charmander waking up has alerted the presence of an intruder to its parents. 'Oh, no, that could be trouble,' Gary thought, fearful of what might happen next.

"Please, I hope nothing bad happens," the girl whispered, her fists clenched in nervousness.

With only parental instincts going through their heads, the Charizard advanced slowly on Ash, thinking the latter would take away their offspring. Ash chose to run back to his hiding spot. Along the way, a small set of smoke bombs from his bag of tricks were accidentally dropped from his poket. The black pellets exploded upon hitting the ground, covering the whole area in smoke.

Thanks to that distraction, Ash was able to get to safety. But things turn from bad to worse. Alarmed by the presence of such "attack", both Charizard were enraged. Flamethrowers ensue, and soon the forested area is now in flames.

---

Luckily, the commotion was heard from the lab, and several people rushed to the scene before the fire could spread further. Heading this operation is none other than Professor Oak himself.

"Blastoise, quick, use Hydro Pump on the fire!" Oak commanded his turtle Pokemon. The Pokemon stood up, and aimed its water cannons at the burning trees. A powerful spray of water hosed down the fire, killing it immediately. The corral was saved.

But the professor easily saw his other Pokemon, the Charizard, is still in a rage. He pulled out a Pokeball from his belt, and called from it a yellow-brown Pokemon. "Raichu, use Thunder Wave to subdue Charizard."

Raichu emitted electric sparks from its body, and released them onto the two Charizard. The latter Pokemon were paralysed by the attack, and Oak was able to approach them safely. "What happened, old friend? What made you attack for no reason?"

As if to answer his question, two shapes emerged from the blackened trees. They are Gary and Ash, and the latter is carrying the little girl on his back. All three are blackened by the fire, coughing and wheezing, but otherwise fine. The girl has Ash's lucky bandana wrapped around her forehead as a torniquet. The professor, his guests and lab assistants flanking him, quickly ran over to them. "Gary! Ash! What are you two doing here?"

"Sorry, Gramps, but I swear," Gary said roughly between coughs, managed to say, "we didn't do anything, I promise!"

Grandfather and -son stared each other in the eyes without blinking, and the former thought then that the latter was telling the truth. A hand on both boys' shoulders, he turned to his assistants. "Someone please call Mrs. Ketchum and tell her to come here, her son might be hurt."

One of his assistants ran back to the lab to do the errand. One of Professor Oak's guests, a man in his mid-20s, approached Ash, or more likely, the girl riding his back. The man lifted the girl off Ash, and turned to him. "What did you do to her? Is she-"

"Now, Norman, don't worry," Oak consoled his friend. "Ash must have saved her from the fire. Instead of being angry, you should be thanking him."

"You're right," the man known as Norman said. Turning back to Ash, he said, "I'm sorry, and thank you, for saving my daughter." The older man relieved Ash of the girl, gently carrying her in his arms.

"Wait, Dad," the girl whispered. She took the red bandana off her head, and started to hand it back to Ash, but he declined.

Ash grinned broadly, and, in Gary's opinion, stupidly. "Keep it. It's my good luck charm, and I think you could use it."

The girl clutched the bandana in her hands, and softly whispered, "Thank you."

---IN PRESENT TIME---

"Heh, the next day I wanted to see that peculiar Charmander again, but Professor Oak told me that he was already given away to a trainer. I was quite disappointed at that." Ash's thoughts trailed off for a moment only to find out that his listeners are getting impatient.

"And so, what about the girl?" Dawn asked.

"And so, what about her?" Ash asked, knowing that Dawn doesn't know he's finished. "I don't know what happened to her after that. Her family left without a word the next day."

"Somehow, I don't believe you, Ash. I think that you have already met the girl again!" Dawn crossed her arms, and raised an eyebrow.

Ash put up his hands in defense. But he chose not to answer Dawn's question. "Okay, Gary and I never spoke to each other again since that incident. We also stopped being headaches to the town. We still felt guilty that we were the ones responsible for the fire, and that's when we became rivals for the first time. That's all, I promise!"

Dawn still doesn't believe her friend. Luckily for Ash Brock was there to break up the conversation short. "Come on, you two, it's getting late. We'd better get to sleep if we ever want to reach Veilstone City in the morning."

While Dawn walked to her orange tent, annoyed, Ash stole a slight glance at his oldest friend. "Thanks," he whispered to Brock.

"Don't mention it. Besides, I think I already know which girl you're talking about, Ash." Raising an eyebrow plus a smirk, he added, "Red bandana, huh?"

Ash scratched his head and grinned sheepishly. "Yeah. Was it that obvious?"

Brock's smirk went even wider. "Man, Ash, all I can say is, I wish I was luckier in that department than you are." Leaning closer, he asked, "How come you didn't tell her when you had the chance?"

Ash's expression turned from bad to worse. "You don't know how much I regret that now."

Brock placed a sympathetic arm around his friend. "You'll get another chance. You're bound to see her when our journey here in Sinnoh is over, right?"

"Yeah, you're right, Brock." Stifling a yawn, he said to everyone, "Let's all hit the hay, everyone!" This was followed by a groan from every single Pokemon that was crowded around Ash, all except for Turtwig, who was already half-asleep by then. Like Dawn they want to hear the rest of the story. "Oh, come on, you guys, we have to be fresh if we are ever to reach Veilstone, right?"

Disappointed, the Pokemon trudged to the large blanket where they would be sleeping. Ash followed them, whilst carrying a sleeping Turtwig, to make sure that the Pokemon indeed went to sleep. He then lay his own sleeping bag right next to the Pokemon, close to a sleeping Chimchar and Pikachu.

"By the way, Ash," Brock added, crawling into his own sleeping bag, "the Charmander you were talking about, you don't think it's-"

"Huh?"

---Meanwhile---

In a mountainous portion of Johto, a mountain that bears the silhouette of a very familiar Pokemon, stood still. It was just early morning in that region, so the whole area was quiet. That silence, however, was broken by a very, VERY loud sneeze.

Not only did all residents of the mountain wake up, but the sneeze was followed by a powerful Flamethrower shot straight upwards. In the distance, the flame was like a volcano's eruption.

---

"Nah, it can't be, Brock. Good night."

"Good night, Ash." Brock turned in his sleep, and soon snores could be heard from his sleeping bag. Ash, however, remained awake, staring at the half-moon in the sky above.

"Maybe I will tell her when we meet again, I promise."

---Elsewhere, back in Johto again---

Olivine City's Pokemon Center is teeming with activity. This is dues to the fact that there's a Contest that will be held there the next day. One of the said event's participants is May. As of now, she's wearing her Emerald-themed clothes.

As May handed her Pokeballs to Nurse Joy for pre-contest treatment, she turned around to face two of her rivals.

"Well, your friends aren't here to back you up now, May," the taller of the two sneeringly said, "so you'd better prepare yourself when you lose."

May clenched her fists. "I'm not going to lose, especially not to you, Harley. And my friends will never leave me. Even if we're apart, I know that they are out there somewhere, supporting me."

The remark only annoyed Harley. The other boy only smirked. "That's the spirit, May," he said in a tone that only he can hear.

Before any of the two could speak further, May walked away. Out of sight of her rivals, she pulled her fanny pack from behind her, and took out a red bandana. It was the same one she used to wear on her journey. 'Ash, I know that you would always be cheering for me, wherever you are, right?'

END?

I guess you can say it's random here as well, but there are a few points here that I managed to point out as I expected. Once again, I say, DO NOT ENJOY.
    Last edited by Master_in_Training; 8th January 2008 at 10:33 AM.
    -My wacky, Advanceshipping eFics:
    Trials of the Elite Four
    War of Legends
    Dream or Future?

Are you saying that the guy who got the Charmander from Oak is the same dude who abandoned the Charmander Ash caught? If so I applaude you for trying erasing the loose end of whatever happened to that guy.

Overall, I liked it (YES I SAID IT!) Are you intending to go further with this story or was the "END?" just there to mess with our minds?
    National dex 477/493
    Still looking for: Magmarizer/Magmortar, Reaper Cloth, Porygon-Z/Dubious Disc
    Things for trade: Zapdos, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, the Regi's, all starters, most breedable pokes and so on...

FC: 0860 0211 8494

Post Review!

WOW! That explains what made May wear the bandana. It also explains why Charmeleon and Charizard Flamethrower Ash. It learned it from its parents!

Anyway, it's a good one-shot. I have an idea for my own one, ya know.
    New pic coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Red
    "You have an allergy to me too!"
    Shows that love in Pokemon (or anywhere) has ups, downs and pits.

I've been away to think, and I've come back a more mature human being.(I think...)

R.I.P Michael Jackson. It's one year on, and the world still misses you.

I liked this story very much and I'm hopeing (and wishing) for that this was not the end of this story
    Last edited by Mayziken; 6th January 2008 at 9:18 PM.
    Without soccer and girls life is wasted!!
    Liverpool, Rosenborg and Rangers is my heart and soul

| | | | | | |
    Credit to Misty-Fan-Forever for making the banner | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | May/Haruka<3

This should appropriately be a sequel, but, HEY, I think making it into the second chapter be better. I don't want my future works to always be oneshots, and by the way, have some of you ever heard of sarcasm? XP

Second Impressions

"Oh, come on, Ash, wait up!"

"Just hurry up, Dawn, I want to get home as soon as possible!"

The voices belong to Dawn and Ash, respectively. Fresh off their Sinnoh journey, Dawn tagged along with Ash to his home town Pallet Town in Kanto. Brock, their other travelling companion, has gone back to his own Pewter City to visit his family.

Ash has just placed 2nd in the Sinnoh League. He may not be champion, but he was a round higher than his bitter rival, Paul, whom he defeated for the said position.

Dawn, after some extensive practice, made it to the Top 8 in the Grand Festival, held in Sunnyshore City. As per her nature, Dawn decided not to mingle on it, and to work harder for the future. She didn't hear from her mother Johanna about this, but Dawn felt that she must be proud of her daughter right now.

Ash ran all the way from Route 1 to his house in Pallet. Dawn followed closely behind. Without even taking a breather, he ran right into the front yard of his house, shouting out, "Mom! I'm home!"

Delia Ketchum peered out of the kitchen window to the side of the house just in time to see her son. "Ash! I wasn't expecting you so soon! I'll be right out."

Mother and son greeted each other warmly. "Like I said, I wasn't expecting you so soon. What happened?" the former asked.

"Well, Professor Rowan owed us for helping foil Galactic's schemes. So he pulled some strings for us after the tournament, and we find ourselves in an express flight to here." Ash shrugged. "Man, does that guy pay big favors, or what?"

"He must be a good man. Now tell me," Delia continued, turning her attention to Dawn, "who is this young lady?"

Ash proceeded to introduce the young coordinator to his mother. What Ash didn't expect was what Dawn saw in Delia after the introduction. "Wow! When Ash introduced himself to me, I never thought that he was actually related to the Delia Ketchum. It's a great honor to meet you, Ma'am!"

"Huh? Wha- What the- Mind anyone telling me what's going on?" Ash asked, confused.

Dawn turned to him, looking like she was offended or something. "Don't tell me you don't know what your mother is when she was our age, do you, Ash? Geez! Your mother is none other than one of the greatest coordinators of the Contest Circuit five years running!"

"Wha-" was all Ash could say. Regaining his composure for a few seconds, he turned to his mother. "Mom, is this true? Why didn't you tell me?"

"That was a long time ago, dear. Now, before we get to any more storytelling, let's go inside. I'm pretty sure the both of you are tired and hungry. I just prepared some lunch, by coincidence."

---

After a delicious(no surprises there) lunch made by the older Ketchum, Ash went upstairs to his own room. He thought that Delia and Dawn are going to have those "Contest conversations" at the living room, which he would be glad to be absent from.

The young trainer entered his room to find it just as he left it. He slumped to his bed, and closed his eyes. 'Ah, now THIS is home sweet home.' Opening his eyes again, he stared straight up at the ceiling, then remembered something. 'Hey, I wonder if Mom hasn't thrown it away yet?'

He jumped off, just as he jumped in, his bed, and ran to his table drawer. He ruffled through the contents, until he found what he was looking for. A green bandana with a blue lining and bill. It was old, and slightly burned at some parts. "Heh, it's still here." Ash took off his own hat, and replaced it with the old one. It doesn't fit anymore, of course.

Ash removed the old hat, and grinned, remembering the very last time he wore it: back when he first met May. He was broken out of his thoughts by a call from downstairs. "Ash, you've got a special guest. Why don't you come downstairs and say hello?"

"Huh? A special guest?" Ash asked himself. "Who could Mom be talking about?" He put the old hat back inside the drawer, and walked downstairs.

There, Ash was found Delia and Dawn talking animatedly with Professor Oak and Tracey! "Hey, there, Ash, long time no see!" the latter, a Pokemon Watcher, greeted his friend. "According to Professor Oak, you had quite an adventure again!"

"Yeah, Tracey, we did," Ash replied. "How are things going in the lab? My Pokemon aren't causing any trouble, are they?"

Oak and Tracey stared at each other. "Thing is, Ash, they are," Professor Oak pointed out. The young trainer sweatdropped at this comment. "Kind of reminds me of Gary and yourself those years ago," he added with a chuckle. More sweatdrops.

"Anyway, Ash, why don't you tell us about your adventures?" Tracey suggested, trying to get his friend's thoughts out of his unruly Pokemon.

"Yeah, I guess..."

"But, before that," Professor Oak added, winking at Tracey and everyone else, "why don't you let your Pokemon outside for some fresh air? I think that they might need it."

Ash followed their suggestion, and headed for the door. Just as he stepped into the yard, he was met with a Flamethrower! Ash, charcoal-black and sprawled on the ground, turned in the direction of the fire. Turns out that Ash's true "special guest" is none other than his very own Charizard, who lay in wait outside to surprise his trainer! Mild laughter from the inside made Ash realise that everyone was in on the surprise as well.

"Charizard," Ash coughed, slowly getting up. "Will you ever tire of attacking me in greeting?" Charizard only grinned in response. Despite his own words, Ash was definitely glad to see his Pokemon again.

After the surprise, Ash called out his Sinnoh Pokemon, to greet their senior. There were the two Stage 1 starters, Grotle and Monferno; then the flying-type Staraptor; Ash's water-type powerhouse Buizel, and the ice-type giant Abomasnow. Add Pikachu into the mix, and you've got Ash's 2nd placing team in the Sinnoh League.

"So, only Charizard is here?" Ash asked Tracey.

"Yeah, Ash, the others are still in the lab. But that doesn't mean they don't miss you, of course."

Ash shrugged. He then turned to the Pokemon group. "Alright, then, Charizard, everyone, meet, er, each other. You'll probably be spending quite some time together, so be nice to one another, okay?"

---

Luckily for Ash his Pokemon behaved quite well with one another. This turned his attention to other matters. A reunion should always be due when he returned to Pallet Town, but where are his other friends? You know, the human ones? This troubled Ash's thoughts very much, since he's been planning something in mind for this event ever since one particular night in Sinnoh.

Ash was so depressed that he wasn't even hearing half the conversation that the others are having. "Ash's Charizard insisted on meeting him here instead of waiting with the others at the lab. He must miss his trainer so much," Professor Oak was saying.

"I can tell," Dawn quipped. "The Flamethrower is a sign of love for his trainer, huh?" They all laughed, all except for Ash, of course. This irritated Dawn, since she made the joke to lighten up Ash's mood. "Come on, Ash, what's troubling you? You haven't said anything since you let the Pokemon out!"

"Huh," Ash said absentmindedly. "Sorry. I'm just thinking of some other things."

Dawn put a hand to her hips, not impressed. "Here we go again. You're leaving me out on your thoughts, Ash! For the first time, would you mind telling me what is troubling you?"

"No," Ash said shortly. He stood from his seat. "I'm going out for a while." He excused himself, and went outside.

Professor Oak stared after him. "If he wasn't so depressed, I'd tell him of a new Pokemon challenge that popped around the world right now. A challenge much like the Battle Frontier, that Ash would certainly like to participate in."

"What is it about?" Dawn asked, curious.

---

Outside, beneath the night sky, Ash found his Pokemon playing around with Dawn's own, as well as Tracey's, Marill and Venonat. Upon seeing his trainer, Pikachu ran up to him, motioning him to join in the fun. Even then Ash excused himself. He walked past the Ketchum's front yard, and down the road.

Pikachu: Uh, oh. Something sure is bugging Ash today. Anyone want to come along and find out?

Charizard: Count me in, just as long as we don't take a step closer to the lab.

Pikachu raised an eyebrow. But, he didn't say anything as he jumped to Charizard's back. Leaving their companions behind, the Flame Pokemon silently lifted off, and flew silently after Ash. Much to Charizard's dismay, however, Ash is indeed heading for the laboratory, or, more specifically, its corral.

Charizard stopped midflight, just a few feet from the corral. At that point, Ash has disappeared at some point behind the lab's main building. Charizard: This is my stop. I'm not going in any further.

Pikachu blinked. Pikachu: Huh? Why?

Before his ride could answer, a gruff voice could be heard throughout the silent corral. ???: Well, well. If it isn't the world's greatest slacker. You finally found your way home here, boy?

Charizard groaned. Charizard: That's why...

From the direction of the voice another Charizard appeared. If you thought Ash's Charizard was huge, this one was a giant. Wrinkles dotted around this Charizard's body, and the tail-flame is small, but still going strong.

Ash's Charizard: Pikachu, I'd like you to meet my father...

The older Charizard was, in fact, Professor Oak's own Charizard, raised by him as a Charmander from a long time ago. His age and appearance makes up for his years of experience, which should be plenty. 'For a family reunion,' Pikachu thought, 'I don't think this will be a happy one.'

Oak's: What are you doing here now, boy? Think that your laziness throughout your adventures couldn't even reach your old mon?

Ash's: I don't have time for this, Dad. We're looking for my trainer. If that's all you're going to say, then put a lid on it.

---

Ash made his way around the corral, and into the section where the very rare starter Pokemon families are nested. He looked around, reminiscing that incident from nearly seven years ago, when he saved the life of that girl he knew now as May, right here at this very spot. Thing is, this section of the lab was practically abandoned, thanks to said accident. The starter families are moved to another section since that time. All that there is to this area is mere shrubbery and overgrown weeds.

What Ash didn't expect was that he wasn't alone. Aside from the Pokemon, ho shadowed him there, he found himself face to face with none other than May herself. "May?" he said, catching her attention.

"Ash?"

And, in unison, "What are you doing here?" This was followed by silence, then they both laughed.

"Ash, it's nice to see you again."

"You don't say," Ash said slowly, eyeing May's new look. "Well, it's nice to see you too, May." This was half-true, sort of, maybe, I think. He was expecting her to sport her original clothes, which would inlcude his/her bandana. He was never expecting her to sport a new, though similar, clothing.

"Oh, by the way, Ash, I think I have something that belongs to you," May said slowly. Ash was flabbergasted as he stared at what used to be his bandana, and is now May's, being handed back to him. "So, wait a second. You knew about this all along, and you didn't tell me?"

May giggled at the expression on Ash's face. "Yes, Ash. What, do you think I'm dumb or something?"

"No, no, of course not! Sorry." Ash smiled sheepishly. "So, uh," he added, eyeing her new bandana, the emerald-green one, "I guess you're returning to them to me, now that you have a new one..."

Much to Ash's surprise, May snatched back the bandana from him. "No, Ash, because I'm still keeping it. I think it's luck hasn't run out yet." Then, with a smile, she added, "After all, you're still here."

"Right, whatever." Ash turned away, but that doesn't stop May from noticing his blush. This made her giggle some more, and Ash turned even deeper crimson.

From a distance, Ash's Charizard gazed at them scornfully. Ash's Charizard: Those two should really get a move on their love life, ESPECIALLY Ash. Maybe if I strand them up high in a mountain or something...

Oak's Charizard: You bring shame to the family name, involving yourself in human affairs that doesn't concern you.

Ash's: What's it to you, old man? He's my trainer, and he's my responsibility. So butt out of our affairs, will ya?

Professor Oak's Charizard just grunted disapprovingly. The two Charizard turned away from each other snobbishly. Pikachu just kept staring at them during the exchange. Pikachu: I can see that this makes for very interesting dinner table conversations...

---

"Thank you again, Ash," May slowly said, turning red as well. "If it weren't for you, I won't even be here right now..."

"Aw, shucks, May, I-" Ash turned around goofily again, still trying to hide his embarassment. "The fire was-"

"Who said I was just talking about the fire?" May asked. "I couldn't count the many times that you saved me during our journey together and- Well..." This time it was her turn to blush, although Ash, whose back was to her, didn't notice. "Again, thank you, Ash."

"Yeah, May." When Ash did turn around to face her, her blush was gone. "Um, we should be heading to my house. It's getting late, and Mom would be glad to have another mouth to feed."

"Sure." May clutched the hand she was holding the bandana with. "I can't wait to taste your mother's cooking again."

As Ash turned in the direction of his house, he felt a tug on his arm. Turning back, he saw that May is now holding the said arm. He glanced at their linked hands before gripping it tightly, exchanging smiles with May.

END Again?
    -Somehow, the ending has once again left something less to be desired, IMOO.
    -As you can see, it has just become an AU beginning to You-know-what. Go figure. And please don't urge me to make a sequel, because you already know where this is leading.
    Last edited by Master_in_Training; 9th January 2008 at 12:19 AM.
    Trials of the Elite Four
    War of Legends
    Dream or Future?

Hold on, if this is a prequel to Trials then howcome Ash only placed second in this version? Did he go back with Dawn the next year and won it?
    National dex 477/493
    Things for trade: Zapdos, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, the Regi's, all starters, most breedable pokes and so on...

Quote Originally Posted by Master_in_Training View Post
    -As you can see, it has just become an AU beginning to You-know-what. Go figure. And please don't urge me to make a sequel, because you already know where this is leading.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pors View Post
    Hold on, if this is a prequel to Trials then howcome Ash only placed second in this version? Did he go back with Dawn the next year and won it?
    -Pors, look at my first quote. In case you don't know, AU means "Alternate Universe", meaning this story doesn't takes place in the original timeline of my Trials series. This is just a new prequel to said series, you see.
    Last edited by Master_in_Training; 9th January 2008 at 3:07 AM.
    Trials of the Elite Four
    War of Legends
    Dream or Future?

Ah, sorry, I was actually wondering what that meant when I read it but didn't put much thought behind it. Thought it had something to do with advance-something. You learn something new everyday right?
    National dex 477/493

Here it is, another lame AaMayL fic from me.
    If you think this is lame, you should check out my fic...

Now, to the reviews.
    It is realy good, I got ideas to apply on my fic.
    Very good indeed!
    If you're an iCarly fan, check out RobSp1derp1g's iCarly Reviews.
    You won't regret it! (actual regret may be experienced.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sp1derp1g View Post
    If you think this is lame, you should check out my fic...

Now, to the reviews.
    It is realy good, I got ideas to apply on my fic.
    Very good indeed!
    -Okay, the reason for my sarcasm is getting apparent to me. You see, how would you feel it when all your hard work is put to waste since no one's reading it? All my fics suffer such a fate, here and in ff.net.
    -That's the second time I saw those words from you. It doesn't hurt to try some ideas of your own, you know.
    Trials of the Elite Four
    War of Legends
    Dream or Future?

Ouch at the fact nobody's reading.
    People should see true art here at the shipping section. Appreciation people!

Fantastic prequel, loved how you changed some of the parts of Trials to put in more shippiness! Lol at the Charizards family tree. Its in the genes Ash!

So good job, and continue writing!