Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Will Ash's Johto Pokemon ever battle again?

you are the one that's not making any sense, i never said that evolution doesn't make a pokemon stronger because it does.

I think we need to get back to the original question, do you "think" they'll be used in battle again?

I still think Bayleef has the best shot out of them at this point, as its fighting style is pretty different than the other three grass types. Cyndaquil is just royally screwed by Charizard and now Chimchar, sadly. Totodile and Noctowl are likely to be ignored for similar reasons.

Actually, I can see Noctowl returning since Hoothoot and Noctowl are native to Sinnoh (which most of the Pokémon cast consists of except for Seviper, Meowth and Wobbufett). But it's a very very very long shot, and even then I only see it fighting against Fantina and her ghosts.
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Bayleef has IMO the best chance of returning. She is a good replacement to Turtwig and maybe Ash (in other words the writers) might need another Grass- type after a battle where Turtwig has been injured and cannot be healed before the next match. Instead of using Sceptile who had a lot of screen time in Hoen/Kanto BF he tries one of the better (albeit not the best, Heracross is better) Jotho Pokemons. Bulbasaur can´t return all the time. Cyndaquil and Totodile... sorry...to many Pokemons before them in line.
    We say goodbye in the pouring rain
    And I break down as you walk away.
    Stay, stay.
    'Cause all my life I felt this way
    But I could never find the words to say
    Stay, stay.

~ Stay by Hurts

the writers will want to promote new sinnoh pokemon not the old ones from kanto or johto or even hoenn,the reason i say this is because this is a new region and they will most likely promote the new pokemon in this region not the old ones and the possbility of any of those pokemon coming back are slim.
    Last edited by emanuellburnell; 20th January 2008 at 9:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by emanuellburnell View Post
    the writers will want to promote new sinnoh pokemon not the old ones from kanto or johto or even hoenn,reason i say this is because this is a new region and they will most likely promote the new pokemon in this region not the old ones and the possbility of any of those pokemon coming back are slim.
    This is true for the most part, but you seem to be overlooking the fact that Satoshi's Kanto team saw a return in Jouto and the Battle Frontier, while Heracross and Gomazou are still the only ones from his Jouto squad to make it back to the main roster.
    ~

yeah that's true but he went to johto with the kanto team and to remind you the fact the battle frontier was a filler saga not a main saga.
    Last edited by emanuellburnell; 20th January 2008 at 10:30 AM.

Staying on the team continuously is hardly a return, now is it? What I meant was their use during the league. And whether or not the battle frontier is filler is completely irrelevant.
    ~

well the battle frontier was a filler saga,in a filler saga it does not matter what pokemon you use whether they or new or old, also in a filler saga it does not matter whether the pokemon you catch is old,but in a main saga it does matter what pokemon you catch because it is a new region and they want to promote new pokemon.

Of course it matters, BF Brains was probably the best opponents Ash ever faced, outside the E4. He used the very best of his Pokemons, from the Core-group from Kanto to the very best of Hoen and Johto. Heracross and Donphan are therfore an attest to that his Johto Pokemons are not forgotten but instead that some of them are concidered to be very strong. So with that in mind, some of those two might actually return due to their strength, maybe with Bayleef as first reserve, but those like Totodile and Cyndaquil is to far away from the rooster.
    Last edited by Corzola; 20th January 2008 at 11:54 AM.
    We say goodbye in the pouring rain
    And I break down as you walk away.
    Stay, stay.
    'Cause all my life I felt this way
    But I could never find the words to say
    Stay, stay.

~ Stay by Hurts

I think there should be a huge tournament somewhere in where Ash would have to make a team out of all the Pokemon. I think only those strong Pkmn like Charizard come back and not often, although Charizard has come back quite a few times.
    "You don't have to do anything at any time"
    Inspiring words by yours truly...
    #Gecko#

Quote Originally Posted by emanuellburnell View Post
    well the battle frontier was a filler saga,in a filler saga it does not matter what pokemon you use whether they or new or old, also in a filler saga it does not matter whether the pokemon you catch is old,but in a main saga it does matter what pokemon you catch because it is a new region and they want to promote new pokemon.
    According to whom?

First of all, just because something is a filler doesn't mean that it isn't canon. This thread is about Satoshi's Jouto pokémon being used again, period. Second, I don't see where you get off calling the entire Battle Frontier filler at all, given the huge number of important events that happened there. Several captures, evolutions, and a major cast overhaul are certainly NOT filler material.
    ~

like i said before the battle frontier was a filler saga just like the orange islands was a filler saga, and i do no this thread is about ash johto pokemon coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross View Post
    According to whom?

First of all, just because something is a filler doesn't mean that it isn't canon. This thread is about Satoshi's Jouto pokémon being used again, period. Second, I don't see where you get off calling the entire Battle Frontier filler at all, given the huge number of important events that happened there. Several captures, evolutions, and a major cast overhaul are certainly NOT filler material.
    not to mention the "ZOMG!!! Game adaption!" going on the whole time.... having it take place in Kantou was fucked up, but nonetheless, Satoshi did go around challenging the Battle Frontier that was recently established with Emerald Version.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I think we need to get back to the original question, do you "think" they'll be used in battle again?
    I think that there is a slight possibility that a few might be used in the future, provided that the game designers give us a remake of the Gold/Silver versions and the writers decide to give Ash and company a reason to visit Johto. I believe I've said this sometime in the past, but it was a long time ago, so...well, if you look closely at AG, pretty much every pokemon owned by a major character (Ash, May, Brock, rivals, gym leaders, league opponents, Frontier Brains) was directly obtainable through the Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Fire Red, and/or Leaf Green versions, the only real exception being May's Munchlax. This would be why Donphan and Heracross were given a chance during BF, but not his others: Donphan can be gotten by evolving a Phanpy from the Hoenn Safari Zone, and Heracross is catchable somewhere on the Sevii Islands.

So, based on this precedent, Ash's other Johto pokemon could well appear in a post-league saga a la Battle Frontier so long as the conditions I listed above are fulfilled (or maybe even if they aren't, if said saga turns out to be that special tournament that Lucien mentioned). Maybe not for the final battle or whatever, thanks to Ash's tendency to fall back on the four what really helped start things off for him for his most powerful opponents, but I can definitely see the likes of Noctowl and the Johto starters returning for a less important (but still by all means major) battle.

whats AG by the way :S

but on topic I'm sure they will get a return, after all now its gym 3 and he already has 6 pokes... so maybe he'l switch to his old johto team halfway threw...
    Quote Originally Posted by PokeWisdomGiver View Post
    Get rid of Rapid Spin, Starmie's attack is terrible. Teach it Icebeam instead.
    A thread dedicated to my unbanning =D

I am hoping that his johto starters will evolve, maybe bayleef or cyndaquil...
    ~I own a Movie Darkrai and damn it i am proud to say it!!

cyndaquil totodile and bayleef do not need to evolve in order to prove how strong they can become.

Totodile needed it since it never really showed development in strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    Totodile needed it since it never really showed development in strength.
    Kinda funny though considering it beat a Kingdra, a Charizard and a Sneasal who pwned the crap out Pikachu with a single Metal Claw that you'd call it weak.

Sure it wasn't "glorified" like the others were but at least it had great wins to it's name other than Noctowl who has one single gym.

totodile did not needed it in order to showed development and strength,evolution do determine how strong a pokemon become but it do not determine development.

No they will not come back and that's all I have to say. If you look at how things are going those are pretty grim chances now.

The World God Only knows

he already have 6 pokemon on him and he is going to capture more down the road,and he will most likely not used any pokemon at oak lab.

I think so. Just think about it. If ash is in another filler saga, he can bring any johto pokemon with him like he brought phanphy. And what if dawn catch a cydaquil, chicorita, or hoot hoot. Ash can bring one of them pokemon like( he brought bulbasaur back when may caught her one) he can bring cyndaquil, bayleef, or noctowl back and may evolve cyndaquil or bayleef.
    Diamond Team

I got Mime Jr. but waiting for a Munchlax

Ash never rotates thats his big and major problem always wanting region pokemon then his older pokemon
    Favorite Pokemon
    With Everstone
    [HeartGold] Most people may not notice, but a closer look should reveal that there are many GEODUDE around.
    FC Code : 3182-5656-5113

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345