Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hot Springing a Leak (531)

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I don't think the purpose of the battle was to have a winner, just pass the time so they can soak in the hot spring when Leona's father fixed the pipe.

As for Chimchar it just wasn't simply ice, Chimchar froze because of cold temperatures in general (two Pokemon using blizzard, the strongest ice type move), now if I remember correctly fire types Pokemon can still be frozen in the games unless they have Magma Armor.

Considering your first argument, I have to agree ,especially after I´ve watched this episode for the second time. I´m quite convinced there wasn´t meant to be a clear winner. Anyways, we´ll just have to like it or lump it!

But I disagree with you when it comes to your second argument:
    During Ash´s battle in the Battle Factory with Charizard against Articuno, it was stated that ice-type didn´t do any damage to fire -type Pokemon! Well, whereas this again contradicts the Orange episode when a Poliwrath actually froze Charizard...hmmm, weird..

Nevertheless, a great episode which ,apart from the weird battle, was again a pleasure to watch !
    Last edited by ash_forever; 2nd July 2008 at 10:32 PM.
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

I think this proves that some stupid filler episodes (Bibarel and this one come to mind) are somewhat better when you see them. However, I do think this one is better then the Johto one.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    I think this proves that some stupid filler episodes (Bibarel and this one come to mind) are somewhat better when you see them. However, I do think this one is better then the Johto one.
    I find this episode was far from boring. It's nothing compared to the Bibarel and Probopass one, which are definitely the worst fillers so far in this region.

*yawn* is it just me or has the dubed pokemon anime become really 2 year ol- *falls asleep on keboard* .................................................. ..........................................
    whaa!! oh as i was saying thats why i stick to the subtitley goodness of the japanese version!!!!!
    you'll never guess what one of my favorite game series is!

pretty much your average everyday otaku... minus the rabies

credit to gladeshadow for cyndaquil!

Quote Originally Posted by lightdash View Post
    I find this episode was far from boring. It's nothing compared to the Bibarel and Probopass one, which are definitely the worst fillers so far in this region.
    I have to agree here about the Bibarel episode, It was the only episode I didn't watch fully.

This one wasn't so bad, Dawn's friend is butt ugly though >_>

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Quote Originally Posted by lightdash View Post
    The episode with the cake making Pikachu from early DP was by far the worst filler so far this saga.

God that episode sucked.

True there, although I think the Probopass episode comes extremely close.

I loved this episode--truth be told--only because I think Swinub are so kawaii~
    三浦蒼紫
    "He who does not know foreign languages does not know anything about his own." ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

umm the whole jessie topless thing scared me out of the rest of the episoce
    ?˜

Bishie:
    ?sprite by Foxinramen BG by me
    ˜Animated by Armless_Man

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    The episode with the cake making Pikachu from early DP was by far the worst filler so far this saga.

God that episode sucked.
    Well, to me it was bad, but it wasn't boring to say the least. Yes, it is one of those bad fillers, but it isn't near to the "worst" category.

Should this episode really be considered a filler, or a foreshadowing episode?
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

God that episode sucked.

Frankly, I can´t understand at all why this episode repelled you so much.
    The plot was really decent and you just had to fancy all those hilarious moments, especially Team Rocket´s sayings.

As I`ve already mentioned, the battle showed weak spots but all the other scenes were worth being watched.

I myself felt totally joyful about this "filler" (I hate this word as it sounds so pejorative and can´t be applied to this sucessfull episode at all)
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

Quote Originally Posted by ash_forever View Post
    Considering your first argument, I have to agree ,especially after I´ve watched this episode for the second time. I´m quite convinced there wasn´t meant to be a clear winner. Anyways, we´ll just have to like it or lump it!

But I disagree with you when it comes to your second argument:
    During Ash´s battle in the Battle Factory with Charizard against Articuno, it was stated that ice-type didn´t do any damage to fire -type Pokemon! Well, whereas this again contradicts the Orange episode when a Poliwrath actually froze Charizard...hmmm, weird..

Nevertheless, a great episode which ,apart from the weird battle, was again a pleasure to watch !
    Let's not forget who was dubbing the show at the time...

God that episode sucked.
    Took me a little while to figure out which episode you were referring to; Cooking a Sweet Story.

Personally, I didn't think it was that bad. Sure, many predictable things happen, but I found some comedy involved. Though, if one can think that somehow Team Rocket is involved with the "leak", then well the rest isn't nearly as fun. Of course, the overused "hot/cold" technique seemed a bit out of place.

You know something, after seeing this episode, it's quite official: we're never going to find out why Kenny/Leona calls Dawn Dede.

And another thing, Badabing badaboom, it's-a me Mario! We know this thing is made by Nintendo, but this is just too much.

Though, I did find the short story-esque thing rather entertaining.

At least next episode's supposed to be better.

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    And had a topless scene in the motto, can't forget that.
    I am baffled as to how the censors missed that
    Shinies: Beast + creation trios (Gift) (In-game event) bird trio musketeer trio (SR) (search) (random), (traded away) Sylveon (trade) (MM)
    Friend code: 4356-0061-9735, Redjirachi
    UTC: +12
    Mesprit shiny hunt(on hold): 3100 SR
    Mewtwo shiny hunt: 3800 SR
    X Team: Chesnaught, Charizard, Aurorus, Tentacruel, Klefki, Malamar
    Y Team: Greninja, Venusaur, Gardevoir, Aegislash, Hawlucha, Avalugg

well ash took the time to use chimchar in battle again, it has been a while since he used him.

I just saw this episode again and well this episode was okay for the most part. I enjoyed the whole chemistry between Leona and Dawn. But of course, I still think that it wasn't as great as the first hot spring episode involving three Swinub. So there. Just saying. And thanks to that stupid robot of Team Rocket's I spent a majority of yesterday shouting out "Badabing Badaboom."

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Speaking of the robot, did it say anything in the Japanese version?

Not the best episode, but at least we got the recurring joke again of Dawn refusing to elaborate on the "DeeDee" nickname. The flashback to the past with Dawn and her friend were cute too.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    Speaking of the robot, did it say anything in the Japanese version?
    I'm pretty sure it said nothing - they made it say something for the american kids i suppose...

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2qnqtyf.jpg[/IMG]
    Looks like I might be here to stay...

PASBL Trainer Level: 4 | 26-12-8 | 77 KO's | 199 TP | 0 SP
    PASBL Referee (C+)
    | Squad | League Table |

[.:Badges:.]
    Reffing Badge
    Onslaught Badge

Quote Originally Posted by wobbanut View Post
    Not the best episode, but at least we got the recurring joke again of Dawn refusing to elaborate on the "DeeDee" nickname. The flashback to the past with Dawn and her friend were cute too.
    ecspecially the part where they beat up that bully and next thing you know their foot is on top of him. Overall a decent filler.

I think it was cute that Dawn has this friend in the middle of nowhere - it makes perfect sense....

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2qnqtyf.jpg[/IMG]
    Looks like I might be here to stay...

PASBL Trainer Level: 4 | 26-12-8 | 77 KO's | 199 TP | 0 SP
    PASBL Referee (C+)
    | Squad | League Table |

[.:Badges:.]
    Reffing Badge
    Onslaught Badge

I'm thinking that the Dee-Dee nickname will continue for a long time until someone explains it.

Although I like how Ash had the guts to ask though.

So since Leona said she wold go back to gym battles, would she be considered a legitamit rival? She has had no reconition, and Ash already has a few rivals. Or will she be a another "Johto Rival" that Ash has nevvr seen again?

I'm hoping they bring her back in the Sinnoh League with a full variety of pokemon, and not just Swinub/Piloswine/Mamoswine.

This episode was meh.. but Swinub is really cute xD

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

Yeah, the Swinub were cute. About Leona, I'd love to see her in the league and I can see her with a lot of Ground- and Ice-type Pok&#233;mon.

The episode was great, I loved Team Rocket's motto about juvenile court. Hilarious!
    this hope is treacherous, this daydream is dangerous.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast