Thread: Soul Switch- [Contestshipping/Multiple Ships/Rated T]

Hybrid View

Default Soul Switch- [Contestshipping/Multiple Ships/Rated T]

This story is Rated T for slight crude language, crude humor, transvestite jokes, angst, rite-of-passage, body swapping and cross-dressing.

Basically, this fic is my first fic, and it has taken me quite some time to finish. I know my grammar ans such may be a bit "off" at times, but bare with me.

This story is has many, MANY ships, although the main focus will only be on two. The following (in order of importance in terms of this fic) include: Contestshipping, Pokeshipping, Winstrateshipping, Waterflowershipping, Advanceshipping, Handymanshipping, one-sided Tensionshipping, Gracefulshipping, Femmeshipping, (unintentional) psuedo-Respectshipping, (unintentional) psuedo-Imageshipping, and many, many more.

Mainly focussing on Contestshipping and Pokeshipping though.

Note: Soul Switch is the story of the Pokemon characters in high school, in the city of Saffron. There will be NO ACTUAL POKEMON OR MENTIONING OF POKEMON IN THIS FIC. All the lands and regions such as Hoenn and Pallet Town will still be intact, but there is no such thing as Pokemon in this world. Misty, May, Ash, Drew, Kelly, Brianna, Richie, Joshua, Erika/Eriko, Sakura, Aaron (Ryo) and Gary are all fourteen-going-on-fifteen.

Max and Vivi are twelve-going-on-thirteen. Whitney, Falkner, Morty, Tracey, Candice, Roark, Gardenia, Erika, Roxanne and Violet are fifteen-going-on-sixteen. Lily, Harley, Volkner, Sabrina, Brawly, Flannery, Flint (Oba) and Tyson are sixteen-going-on-seventeen. Winona, Fantina, Daisy, Lucian, Steven, Cynthia, Wallace, Robert, Solidad, Tucker, Clair and Bill are seventeen-going-on-eighteen.

The meaning of the title will come VERY clear in Chapter Two, so don't worry. This is no average High school fic because of that. Anyway, on with the story!

Chaper Index:

Chapter One: Tirades
    Chapter Two: Exchanges

Soul Switch by Celine_Dion

Chapter One: Tirades

“We’re through! Through I say!”

May Maple sighed as she watched her best friend, Misty Waterflower, barged into her bedroom yet again. May believed she was kind and considerate and tried to maintain her patience when dealing with Misty and her myriad of relationship problems. Misty wasn’t exactly the most polite and tactful person, and combined with her tomboyish attitude, she often got into many, many fights with her on-and-off boyfriend, Ash Ketchum. And whenever Ash and Misty fought, Misty went barging all the way to May’s bedroom, and yelled profanities that could disturb the mental well-being of even the Pope. And, as usual, May had to be the one to listen to her, just nodding to whatever Misty happened to say until she calmed down enough for May to knock some sense into Misty. Then Misty usually runs back to Ash and the two get back together, only to have yet another fight, and thus goes around the vicious cycle.

May considered herself a normal high school girl. She was fifteen. She attended the local Saffron West High School. She often received a variety of grades ranging from ‘C+’s to ‘A’s. She was reasonably popular, mainly because she was part of the cheerleading squad. She had a range of different friends with their own unique quirks. But unfortunately, unlike Misty, May had no love interest in her life.

It wasn’t as if she wasn’t girlfriend material. She was pretty, reasonably smart, somewhat nice and popular. The only reason why May never had a boyfriend (or a female love interest on that matter) was because no boy ever caught her eye. May just never found that special person. But May had to get a move on, or else all the “good ones will be taken”, as Misty often said.

But seeing all the “perks” of a functioning (if you can call it that) relationship from Ash and Misty’s own misadventures, May was in no hurry.

No hurry at all.

May just sighed. This is the fourth time this month Misty has had a fight with Ash and barged her way into my bedroom. Either she really enjoys her tirades with Ash, or she’s just delusional. Possibly both, May thought as she gestured the angry redhead to sit down on the bed and talk.

Rolling her eyes, May closed her bedroom door and sat onto her bed, flipping open December’s issue of Teen Gal magazine. They’ll eventually get back together in a few days, May thought nonchalantly as she casually looked and listened at the incensed Misty Waterflower.

“I can’t believe that jerk!” spat Misty as she flopped down on May’s fluffy pink waterbed.

May blinked and put down her magazine. “What did he do this time?”

“He started it! Remember just now, at the airport? How everyone was there to say goodbye to Brock?”

May nodded. Brock was leaving for Hoenn, where he would continue his studies in early childhood development. There was a very good high school in Lilycove that specialized in training students to become nurtureres and early childhood professionals. And his close collection of friends gave their farewells at the airport yesterday, May and Misty included.

Misty gritted her teeth. “I gave Brock a goodbye kiss, Brock left and end of story. Suddenly when we’re at his house, he brought that up and got all jealous! That doofus never gets jealous. What is he doing getting his feathers flustered all of a sudden?”

“Well,” said May, irritated. Ash and Misty always fought over a tiniest problem. “You would get all jealous too if Ash had kissed another girl! I mean it’s human nature.”

The red-headed drew in a sharp breath and bellowed, “WHAT! ASH KISSED ANOTHER GIRL! THAT JERK!

May slapped her forehead, falling back on her head and whispered tiredly, “It was just an example...”

It looks like this is going to take longer than I thought…

+++++

Yawning, May opened her eyes and felt sunlight stinging into it. A few minutes later, she woke up again and forced herself to sit up. May switched off the alarm of her clock radio and immediately the morning news came on it. Muffling another tempting yawn, she wouldn’t be surprised if a news report on an enraged red-headed girl trying to attempt a murder on a black-haired guy came out.

May quickly took a short shower and slipped on her sleeveless light pink dress which reached to her knees and on top of that, a hot pink satin jacket. She checked her herself on the mirror one last time and gave her reflection a wink. With that, she grabbed her bag and was off to school at Saffron West High School.

+++++

When May arrived at school, she had five minutes to spare. She found Ash seated on a bench, cutting out pictures of Misty and him together into little pieces. May quickly went over to him and tried to calm him down.

“Ash!”

May tried to grab the scissors and also, at the same time, tried to stay away from the sharp cutting utensil nestled ominously in Ash’s hand. Ash ignored her and continued cutting.

“Ash, you shouldn’t be doing this...”

May sighed and sat next to him. Her hand fumbled around in her cerise backpack before she was able to find what she was looking for. May took a picture of Misty, Ash, Drew Andrews and herself at a beach party, with a look of triumph streaked across her face.

“Hey... remember when we were at the beach?” May asked grinningly as she waved the photograph in front of Ash’s face.
    Ash slowed down his cutting. May took this as a good sign and pressed on. “We were surfing then suddenly you and Misty went missing for an hour!”

The unruly-haired guy stopped his cutting and was trying his best not to smile, “Yeah... we sneak off and have our own party...”

May!” Misty shrieked, pointing her forefinger at Ash and May as though they were wild creatures. “What are you doing with HIM!”

May looked at the both of them with guilt. Misty was her best girl friend and Ash was her guy best friend. Whenever they broke up, May was always caught in the middle.

Just then, May was saved from answering Misty’s question by a most unexpected person. “Hey Ash, Waterflower, ‘Princess Freaky’!”

Maybe the word ‘saved’ was not suitable. May turned around towards the source of the amused voice to find a fifteen year old chartreuse-haired boy smirking at her.

“What are you doing here, Drew Andrews?” May asked, growling angrily at the newcomer.

Drew and May had disliked each other at first sight. To May, Drew was the stuck-up, rebellious jerk in the entire universe. To Drew, May was idiotic, klutzy, perky freak. The two only mildly tolerated each other to due their mutual friendships with Ash and Misty. The fact Drew was in many of her classes and was popular incensed May. Sure, he was a soccer sensation and was gifted school-wise, but that didn’t excuse Drew’s fatally flawed personality in May’s opinion. He deserves to be rotting in a pit. A deep one preferably, May thought violently.

“I have the right to talk to Ash and Misty too, you know. They’re not yours to own, you spoilt princess,” Drew sneered. The brunette and the greenhead glared at each other, disgustedly. May had to restrain herself from slapping him.

The school bell interrupted their glaring contest and May muttered a loud ‘jerk’ before storming off to class. Misty glared at Ash for obvious reasons, and at Drew too for snapping at May. “Drew, you idiot,” hissed Misty as she stormed off.

Ash was also mad at Drew for reasons unknown. He stomped on Drew’s foot with his heel, threw the pictures of Ash and Misty together at his face and followed Misty to Biology.

“What did I ever do to you, Ash?!” Drew yelled angrily at the retreating black-haired boy. Drew then shook his head and collected the damaged photographs, threw them in the rubbish bin, and ran off to Biology.

+++++

School had finally ended and May was keeping her books in her locker to lighten her bag. Placing her biology assignment and textbook in her bag, she shut her locker and slung her bag over her shoulder.

“May!”

Turning around, May saw Vivi Winstrate, Ash’s thirteen year old cousin, walking towards her wearing a very tired expression, clutching her books in her hand.

“Hey Vivi,” May greeted. “If it's something about Ash and Misty, don’t say it!”

Vivi sighed, “May, you gotta help them get back together again!”

“Me?” asked May, her voice laced with a sense of incredulity and anger. “I’ve help them about a dozen times and I’m always the person who’s caught in the middle! Hey, Misty! Over here!”

May turned to her right and called out to Misty as she walked towards her and Vivi with reluctance.

“Oi, May!”

May groaned and bit her lips as she saw Ash calling and walking towards from her left. This is not a good time, thought the brunette as suddenly Ash and Misty turned to each other and glared daggers.

“Excuse me, Ash Ketchum!” Misty almost shouted. “May, who happens to be my best friend, called out to me first!”

Sorry for stealing your best friend!” Ash yelled as Vivi buried her face in her hands in embarrassment. People all around the corridor were staring at them. Ash and Misty had attracted a lot of unwanted attention. “May is my friend too and I was just about to ask her to go watch a movie with me and the rest of the gang!”

Misty gasped and shouted, “No way! I was going to ask her first!”

Oh? You always want to be first. Food, roller coasters, the toilet… When we were dating, you always hogged the toilet! You only care about your self!”

“I do not! You were the one who always scoffed down all the popcorn before I got to have some! Haven’t you ever heard of ‘ladies first’?!”

See? It’s that ‘first’ thing again! You just want to take May to the movies before I do because your greedy personality won’t be satisfied until you’re first in everything you do!”

Excuse me? You’re the one who always hogged May! Remember when you took her to that stupid video arcade when you knew she was planning to help me organize Kelly’s birthday bash! You’re just a selfish little…”

SHUT UP BOTH OF YOU!” May screamed. “I hate to my caught in the middle all the time you two fight! I’m not going anywhere until you two clear things up!”

There was an awkward pause.

“She started it…” mumbled Ash.

That’s it!” May fumed. “I am tired of it! When you two can finally act your age, you can come find me.”

With that, May stormed away from the scene, face flushed, teeth gritted and hands balled into fists. She had had enough of those two fighting over her or some other little stuff. When May arrived home, she discovered no one else was home. Caroline, May’s mother, had gone grocery shopping, Max was at the park with Vivi and Norman, her father, was at a three week screen writers’ conference. Norman was a screenplay writer, a famous one too, and because of how busy his job was, May and Max didn’t see him too often.

May then unceremoniously dumped her school bag on the living room couch and went into the kitchen to get a drink. May managed to find a can of coke in the fridge that somehow survived Caroline’s recent ‘evil sugar omission raid’. Slowly gulping down the beverage, May grabbed her school bag and went up to her room.

She tore off her firetruck-red banner and switched on her laptop. As the computer loaded, May changed into a tank top and a pair of shorts.

“You got mail, you got mail,” sounded her laptop. May quickly sat down on her swivel chair and checked her email, while sipping her coke. Two of them were junk mails and the other five were chain messages, what a bore.

“Aww... nobody’s online...” whined May as she checked her contact list. “Boring! I guess I’ll start my biology assignment which is not due for another week!”

Just as she was about to switch off her laptop, it sounded, “Cool Prince is now online”.

A grin broke out on May’s face. Cool Prince was a guy whom she liked very much. He had never revealed who he is. He was a very kind, romantic and funny person. Everything Drew Andrews wasn’t. He always cheered her up and helped her with her studies. May doubt that he went to the same school as her because there was no one in school that fitted the persona of Cool Prince. How could anyone be so funny, romantic yet so understanding and kind? Certainly no one from her school fit that niche.

May read the message that Cool Prince had sent her. “Hi Bandana Gal.”

Bandana Gal was May’s screen name.

“Hi Cool Prince,” muttered May, typing out the words. “I’ve just returned from an evil place called school.”

She waited for his reply. “Same here, and define evil.”

May typed out, “Evil as in your best friends are fighting and a guy acting like a jerk!”

Before she could read his reply, May’s pink cellphone rang loudly, forcing May to pick-up.

“Hello, May Maple speaking.”

“Hey May! So, what’cha doing?”

May grinned. It was one of her good friends Kelly. Kelly and May attended English and Ancient History together, which was good, because May was a dunce at Ancient History while Kelly had a talent in memorizing dates. Who gives a rat’s *** about History anyway? It’s just one damn thing after another, thought May as Kelly continued to bark through the receiver.

“Not much, Kelly. About to start my Biology assignment.”

“Oh, good. Because I was wondering if you wanna grab a sandwich or something over at the park? Misty and Sakura are coming too!”

May looked at her wris****ch. 5:00 P.M. She had plenty of time to grab a bite with her friends and still start that Biology assignment. “Sure,” May answered perkily. “I’ll be over there in five minutes tops!”

“Great! See ya there then!” squealed Kelly as she hung-up on May. Well, I better get going, thought the sapphire-eyed brunette as she grabbed her famous bandana and her purse, closing her laptop on her way out.

End of Chapter One
    Last edited by Celine_Dion; 28th January 2008 at 1:57 PM.

Interesting premise so far. I like the whole on-and-off Pokeshipping going on there. It is so typical Ash and Misty to fight over one thing and go mushy on the next. XP The arguement between the two was also amusing to read. Flowed like how a petty fight between a couple would in real life.

Overall, interesting start and I'll be looking in to this, popping up very now and then to check up on you. XP

Under the Same Sky - PG-15||Completed

Memorandum to UtSS: "A Deathless Prelude".
    FF.net Profile//Quote-of-the-month: “History is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.”

Draco Malfoy: Hee, hee. Nice name change MWB (ort should I call you DM now? XD) Thanks for being mee first reviewaa! xP Thanks for the review! Chapter two will be comin' soon!

And everyone else, pleaes review if you can, okay? I know I have more than one reader out there (I can tell by the view count) so please, at least say something. Negative positive, netural, I odn't care. Just post. XP

Fun. This was fun.

I mean, it's not flawless, there were grammar mistakes and such dotting the chapter, but this fic is just plan fun to read. The whole high school AU thing isn't exactly a new thing, but you managed to make it intersting enough by putting in little appreciative things such as Ash and Misty's "functioning" relationship, May's slightly sarcastic thoughts, and her relationship with Drew.

So if there's a PM List add me, because I'll be reading and reading every chapter, I swear on it.

Click on the banners for links to the Shipping Oscars 2008/09 winning "Invisible", a Contestshipping AU

A/N: Thanks for the review Angelique! At last, another person reviews! I hope you guys like this chapter! It explains the title of this fic and the real plot begins from this chapter onwards. I hope this chapter explains a lot and clears things up! Please review and rate, 'kay? Also, I have a PM List, so if you want to be up-to-date with this fic, just holler and I'll add ya! Now, enjoy!

Chapter Two: Exchanges

“And I told him that I wouldn’t date him even if it was either him or that emo Sabrina Marsh! And you know how I hate Sabrina!”

“Totally! Sabrina, like, totally craps our style. I wouldn’t want her angsto-depresso jaws clamping down on tongue!”

May rolled her eyes as she sipped her store-bought orange juice half-heartedly. She noticed out of the corner of her eye that Misty and Kelly were doing the same. Sakura, on the other hand, wore an expression which could be either interpreted as bemused joy or morbid fascination.

May glanced at the talkative violette Waterflower and the sassy pink-head chatting away nonstop about Sabrina Marsh and Brock Slate. Whitney Goldstone, like most other girls, did not take well to Brock’s incessant proposals of love. She and Violet were affable enough but May felt left-out and peeved simultaneously when the two frequently talked about the stupidest subjects and talked only to each other as if they were in a whole separate dimension. Violet and Whitney weren’t even meant to come to the park anyway.

It was all Misty’s fault. When Sakura called Misty asking her to come to the park, Violet overheard their phone call and demanded she went too. And when Misty unwillingly agreed, Violet thought it would be nice to bring Whitney along too. After all, the more the merrier.

May certainly didn’t think so.

“…plus Sabrina is, like, so creepy. I heard that she actually killed her mother and planted a fake suicide note using her mother’s blood!” gushed Violet, her eyes glittering enthusiastically.

“Nuh-uh! I thought Sabrina didn’t kill her mom. I heard Mrs. Marsh is actually detained in a mental ward somewhere inside that hospital near our school! Maybe Sabrina learnt all her creepy traits and skills from her crazy mother!” countered Whitney in a hush.

Misty cocked a single eyebrow. “You know what I think? I think Sabrina Marsh wouldn’t appreciate people taking behind her back. Especially chatty cheerleaders with rainbow hair colors.”

Violet growled and snapped her head back. “Who cares what you think, twerp!”

“Is that the best you can come up with? You amuse me, Waterflower,” sneered Kelly who also had enough of Violet’s incessant bitching.

“Shut-up, you dork!” huffed Whitney.

“No, you shut-up, snob!” snapped Misty.

“Wannabe!”

“Show-off!”

“Loser!”

“Witch!”

May listened as Misty, Whitney, Violet and Kelly threw insults at each other while Sakura just blinked in bewilderment. As the bickering continued, May noticed that the park was eerily empty. Her sapphire eyes scanned the sky to discover the sun had nearly completely set. The street lights slowly flickered into lamination and May noticed a strange shadow lingering near a large oak tree.

“Um, guys?” Sakura said tentatively. “I think we have to go now.”

So Sakura noticed it too… May thought as the pig-tailed girl bit her lip and asked again. “Guys? We have to go…”

“...and there was that time you poured ketchup all over my sparkling new ball gown! On purpose! Admit it, you were jealous of how well that dress fit me and my perfect ass!” barked Violet in a condescending manner, paying little to no attention at Sakura at all.

Misty looked positively livid, her face bursting red with anger and indignation. “For the last time, it was Daisy who ruined your ‘perfect’ dress! And if you think I am jealous of you, then you and your stupid ass can go drown yourself,” screamed Misty. Violet then clenched her fist angrily, her eyes flaming with fury.

“Why, you little-”

“All of you, just shut-up!” May snapped as four heads stopped bickering and turned to the bandana-wearing girl in shock and astonishment. Sakura, strangely enough, didn’t looked like a gaping fish like the other four, but she did raise a singer slender eyebrow in mild surprise. May just flicked a stray strand of hair out of her sapphire orbs and addressed the other five girls. “If you guys weren’t snapping your gums at each other, then you would realize that it’s past sunset and we need to leave the park. Now.”

Kelly was the first to recover. “Why? What’s there for us to worry about?”

“I don’t know Kelly, but I feel that something bad is going to happen if we stay here any longer. I think we should go,” shivered Sakura, wrapping her arms around herself tightly. May and Misty nodded in agreement.

“Yeah, I guess you’re right Sakura. We should-”

“AHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

Everyone turned around to the source of the ear-piercing scream that cut-off Misty. It was Whitney who was shaking violently, one of her perfect manicured fingers pointing shakingly to her right. What May saw made her gasp in alarm and fear.

The shadow she saw earlier stepped forward into the flickering street light, and its identities were revealed. Saliva dripping petulantly from bloody gums. Foaming mouths and open jaws. Sharp claws and grimy chocolate-colored fur. And crazed eyes. That glint in its normally docile eyes sent a shiver down May’s spine. Such murderous intent…

“It’s the rabid dog… It’s one that was in the news this morning…” spoke Sakura, her voice shaking with terror.

May gulped audibly while Violet and Whitney screamed together and hugged each other tightly. The dog seemed to be of the bulldog species, with short stubby legs and a monstrosity of a face. But this only served to increase the dog’s horrific visage as it walked closer and closer towards the girls.

Misty then glared at crying Violet and Whitney and bent down to pick up a single grubby rock. She twirled in her hand before, to May’s surprise, throwing it at the rabid canine.

The response to this was mixed. Kelly wore a look that could only be interpreted as admiration while Sakura seemed to be frowning and smiling at the same time. May also felt a jolt of admiration at Misty’s act along with anger at her stupidity.

What is she thinking, throwing a rock at a rabid dog like that! She can get herself seriously hurt! May thought as Violet and Whitney screamed and bellowed at the redhead.

“You stupid ****! Now you got us all killed. Oh God, we’re all going to die!” screeched Violet, her arms flailing like a fish out of water. Whitney, affected by Violet’s reaction, burst into tears.

I DON’T WANT TO DIE YET! There’re so many things I haven’t done yet that I want to do! Get an ‘A’ in my English assignment, go bungee-jumping off the coast of Lilycove, taste my first champagne, share popcorn with Tracey Sketchit, kiss Principal Oak-”

Whitney was cut-off mid rant as the dog started to burst into a sprint. Misty simply gave Violet and Whitney a withering look and picked-up and threw as many stones and sticks she could get her hands on towards the encroaching dog. Kelly, May and Sakura, also picking up on Misty’s cue, did the same.

The rocks and stones seemed to distract the dog and somewhat keep it at bay, but slowly but steadily the dog got closer and closer. Soo the rabid canine was only a meter or so away from May. The sapphire eyed girl braced herself as the dog readied itself to leap. May closed her eyes tightly and tried to shield her face with her arms out wide, waiting for the rabies-induced bite to instigate when Sakura gave out in a scream.

THUD!

May slowly opened one of her eyes, half-expected a dog to be firmly latched to her arm when to her surprise, she found an unconscious bulldog and a teenage boy with green hair, noticeably panting with his hand claps tightly around a now half-splintered and rather thick log.

Before May could properly comprehend this sight, she found herself tightly wrapped by two arms.

“Oh, thank God you’re okay,” sobbed Misty as she tightened her arms into a bone-crushing hug. “For a moment, I really thought we were going to lose you.”

May chuckled quietly. “Like hell I’d die and let you and Ash bicker and argue all day. Everybody would go mad.”

Misty giggled at May’s remark. “True, so true. Speaking of Ketchum…”

Misty released May from her hug and turned her around by the shoulders to where the body of the dog was. To May’s surprise, quite a few people surrounded the canine. Gary Oak was poking the body with a long stick while Sakura was scolding the boy for doing so. Richie Richards was chatting with Kelly about their Biology assignment and Tracey Sketchit, Violet and Misty’s friend, was chastising a notably cowed Violet Waterflower and Whitney Goldstone for acting pusillanimously.

Then from the right, Ash and Drew, still holding the log he used to attack the dog, walked away from a public phone booth and towards their classmates. The eight of them scrambled towards the two boys and cheered victoriously except for Misty and May.

“I’ve called Town Hall. They’ll take of this mess,” said Drew, gesturing at the unconscious canine. “All of us are free to go now.”

Violet sighed and twirled her hair flirtatiously, batting her eyelids. May felt a jolt of anger at the girl when Violet draped her arms around an uncomfortable-looking Drew.

May found herself looking into Drew’s eyes, entranced by their emerald color. He saved me… Drew saved me. I’m alive thanks to him… thought May as her eyes began to soften. Drew looked back at her, his eye probing her own, and the two shared a look that could last for an eternity.

“Thanks for rescuing and saving us, Drew-poo!” gushed the older Waterflower, crooning over the emerald-eyed boy, effectively breaking May’s trance and Drew’s stare.

“No, really,” said May sincerely at the boys sans Drew. “The girls and I really appreciate it. Who knows what would have happened if you guys weren’t there.”

Richie just shrugged his shoulders. “It’s nothing, really. We were just passing by, you know, to get some ice-cream because Aaron had none left in his freezer, and we heard Violet scream. We had to do something. I mean, we couldn’t just leave there.”

Sakura then gave Richie one of her sweetest most sincere smiles. “But if you weren’t there, May could have gotten seriously hurt. Thank you.”

“It is a good thing we were here to rescue the damsels in distress,” said Ash loudly all of a sudden, a stupid grin etched on his face. “I’ll always be here to rescue you girls ‘cause my middle name is ‘big strong man’!”

“Then your first name must be ‘I am not’,” snapped Misty, eyes flickering dangerously. Kelly, May and Sakura glared at Ash and, together with Misty, stormed off towards the nearest exit. They were downright mad. No, mad didn’t cover it. Furious, enraged, livid. Fuming seemed to cover it.

“What did I do?” asked Ash innocently as he followed the girls. Drew, Richie and Gary shook their heads and trailed behind Ash.

“C’mon! Can’t a guy save you?”

Misty had blew up, “Listen here Ketchum!” She walked towards Ash, poking him on his chest with her index finger. It seemed that the ‘damsels in distress’ thing was just too much.

“Just because we’re girls doesn’t mean that we can’t hold our own! We don’t need to be “saved” all the time! I’m a young independent woman whose ambitions include becoming an Olympian swimmer and scraping an ‘A’ in Math, something which does not include looking for a ‘big strong man’ to save you!”

May heard Kelly whispered to Sakura about Ash being a jerk all the time. Ash caught them and said, “I know what you girls are always whispering about!”

May cocked her eyebrow, “Oh yeah, like what?”

“Er-” Ash looked around at the guys for support.

“Sugar and spice and everything nice?” Gary blurted out stupidly.

“That's what we’re made of, you moron!” Kelly answered, shaking her head furiously. “Let’s get out of here!”

The four fourteen year-old girls stalked off again, with Whitney and Violet on their heels, leaving Ash and the boys behind.

“They sure seem to be lack of the ‘everything nice’ part,” Drew mumbled.

Richie rolled his eyes and murmured, “Either your brain seemed to be lacking oxygen or you have the emotional range of a paperclip!”

+++++

“Idiots, stupid idiots,” hissed Misty as the girls stalked through the woods. Kelly had decided that going through the forest would knock off a total of ten minutes off the amount of time it would take them to reach suburbia. But due to Misty’s current mental state, the redhead girl seemed to be stalking off in whatever direction she pleased, profanities clinging to her tongue as her train of thought obviously ran round and round around the stupidity of Ash Ketchum. And since the rest of them were following Misty, it appeared to be that they were lost.

Then after around two more minutes of walking aimlessly, Kelly suddenly stopped, causing everyone else to pause.

Kelly let out an audible gasp, “What’s that?”

She pointed towards the woods where a bright light was shining. Violet, Whitney and Sakura giggled while Misty scowled.

“It’s the tree of love...” said Sakura dreamily as Violet and Whitney giggled louder.

May looked confusedly at her friend’s bizarre behavior, “The tree of what?”

Whitney tugged at May’s sleeve, “C’mon, we’ll show you!”

Before May could do anything, Whitney had dragged her towards the woods. Kelly blinked confusedly and followed them and she was followed by Misty, Sakura and Violet. All of them gasped as they reached the ‘Tree of Love’. It was illuminating in entrancing burgundy glow and had red juicy apples growing on them. Beside it, a handsomely table stood with a bowl filled with clear blue water. A few fruit peelers lay around the bowl. Such odd things to be found in the middle of the woods.

“Oh my gosh, I heard about this from Lily!” gushed Violet. “But I never knew it existed!”

“So I did!” squealed Whitney, her eyes glittering in zeal and excitement. Kelly rolled her eyes. “Can anyone please explain to me what the hell this tree is?”

“Geez, okay! Hold your horses,” said Violet, waving her hand in the air. “Okay, what you see here is the ‘Tree of Love’. Pluck an apple, take a peeler and start peeling the apple's skin from top to bottom without breaking it,” Violet explained airily.

“If you’re done thoroughly, place the apple peel in that bowl and you’ll get to see the face of your soul mate.”

“Wow!” May’s eyes shone as she pluck an apple and start peeling the skin carefully, trying not to break it. Although it didn’t seem like it at times, May really was a girly girl, having a grave interest in subjects such as clothes and love. But, hey, at least she also had an interest in food, Math and politics! As May peeled her apple, Misty scowled.

Kelly shook her head and murmured, “This is ridiculous.”

Misty snickered, “You can say that again.”

“C’mon! Try it!” Whitney tried to convinced Misty and Kelly. The pink-haired girl pushed the younger girls towards the tree. Then after a while and a few thrown insults, Misty, Sakura and Kelly finally agreed and pluck an apple each. May watched as she saw Misty pick an apple from the tree, her hand shaking so violently, May was afraid that Misty might accidentally peel her fingers off instead.

“I’m done!” Sakura shouted, causing May to jump in surprise. She watched Sakura place the apple skin into the bowl. The water started to swirl and burst in a myriad of shining colors before settling for what appeared to be a boy’s face. Sakura started to blush feverishly, blocking the other girls from looking into the bowl. May looked down at her apple and her stomach dropped. When Sakura surprised her and caused her to leap in surprise, she had accidentally torn off the apple’s skin.

“Guys!” May called out, her voice shaking. “What happens if you accidentally tear the skin?”

Suddenly everybody had fallen silent and looked at each other for an answer. Violet and Sakura fidgeted uncomfortably and glanced sideways at Whitney to give away the answer.

“Er-” said Whitney. She was finding the stares the younger girls were giving distracting.

“Yes?” May prompted, trembling slightly.

“I don’t know exactly. Knowing Lily, this is probably wrong but Lily said ‘if you tear the apple skin, you will receive a punishment which will not only be most humiliating to you, but will also help you obtain an epiphany of the depth of your truest love’,” Violet mumbled.

May raised her eyebrows, “Most humiliating?”

Violet shrugged. May stood up, letting the apple and peeler dropped on the ground. “That’s it, I’m going home! It’s getting really late anyway! This is all just rubbish, utter hogwash!” May announced, as though nothing had happened and walked off. Misty, Kelly and Sakura looked at her worriedly.

“Then what about Richie’s reflection I saw in the bowl?” asked Sakura without realizing what she had said. Misty and Kelly looked at Sakura with wide grins on their faces.

“You did not just hear that!” shouted Sakura, blushing scarlet.

+++++

“Mom! Dad! Max! I’m home!” May called out as she peered into an empty kitchen. Everyone must be asleep.

May sighed and dragged herself up the stairs and into her bedroom. She flopped herself on her bed and switched on a lamp on the nightstand, where her clock radio and a picture frame came to view. She took the picture and stare at it. It's a picture of herself, Max and her parents. She giggled as she remembered how she blackmailed Max into acting like Whitney Goldstone on the day that photograph was taken.

Yeah, those were the days, thought May as she placed the picture back to original spot. An image of the broken apple peel popped in her mind again and May shook her head furiously.

Most humiliating? An epiphany? Nah, Violet and Whitney were probably just pulling another prank on me,” May muttered under her breath. “Tree of Love, what were they thinking?” the girl laughed.

But still, it would have been nice if all of that tree stuff was true… I really wanted to know who my soulmate was…

Keeping that thought in her head, May turned off the beside lamp and fell asleep, forgetting to change into her night clothes.

+++++

As the sunlight streamed into the window, May yawned and sat up.

Strange, she thought she had closed the windows. Shrugging, May looked around and panicked. She jumped out of bed and darted her eyes around the bedroom.

This was not her room.

She was about to get out when she caught a glance of her reflection. Her hair was now green and short. Her chest was flat and she was wearing a baggy shirt and a pair of boxers. She let out long shrilly scream and ten blocks away, somebody did the same thing...

End of Chapter Two
    Last edited by Celine_Dion; 28th January 2008 at 2:02 PM.

Aw, that was really sweet of Drew, to go and clob a rabid dog just for May. XD

I really like how you portrayed Violet and Whitney in this fic. They're really quite something, aren't they? And Ash is his usual self, being a clueless sexist and annoying the heck out of Misty. XD

Gary, Drew and Richie all made me laugh too. And God, May and Drew have swapped souls/bodies. XD XD XD

This certainly would be "most humiliating" for May AND Drew. XD Can't wait for the next chapter!

Under the Same Sky - PG-15||Completed

Memorandum to UtSS: "A Deathless Prelude".
    FF.net Profile//Quote-of-the-month: “History is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.”

“They sure seem to be lack of the ‘everything nice’ part,” Drew mumbled.
    xD I get it! Sugar, Spice, and everything nice! xD

Well, I like the plot of the story so far, and I didn't see too many grammer/spelling errors. Also, your dialoge was good as well; with alittle to no OOC-ness. Keep up the good work! [Love the humor!]

-Kat

Ain't he cute?

Name: Scarlet
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Awsome Fic! I can't wait to see how they handle this. I can total imagine somthing like that happening. Keep it up!
    My six main characters: Geniveve, Thyrasta, Crystal, Charizard, Alakazam, Tyrannitar

Cool story!, when will you post the next chapter?

Vanessa's PokePet

Keira the level 43 Pachirisu!

Um... Are you having a writer's block or something..? Sorry, I don't mean to be rude, I'm just asking because it's been so long since you last updated.
    DAML Forever

Espeon and Umbreon are my favorite Eeveelutions!

Shiny Goals: Beautifly (in progress), Jumpluff, Umbreon, Ninetails, Absol, Gardevoir/Gallade, Roserade, Altaria, Swellow