Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Riding the Winds of Change! (532)

For sure not your run-of-the-mill episode, villian pokemon, capture pokemon, Paul jerking around here and there.

The Gliscor is a bloodsucker! Look at those eyes, one of the few pokemon without human eyes. Get a dracula theme rolling or something, it's so deliciously evil.

This problem has a pretty deep explanation, closest thing to an intricate plot in a while. Still doesn't explain how one Gliscor and his crew made an entire urban sprawl vanish.

All that crashing and skyscraper gliding made that Gligar go insane powerful.

Team Rocket could have probably solved the episode's problems.

That stupid sexy Gligar.

I'm glad that Gliscor sent Eletabuzz and Weavile flying on top of Paul. That'll teach him that 2 v 1 is nobody's game. Then again he'll probably just get back up.

I lol'd at the Pidgeot and Spearow with Swellow's cry. That was a new hybrid Swellow cry too, not like Ash's or Winona's.

8/10 Well Gligar just became my favorite member of the D/P team.

I can't watch this episode without thinking of the season three episode "The Superhero Secret" (one of my all-time favorites). I guess Ash really could be Gligarman now, couldn't he? It's funny that the Johto years had a couple of episodes predicting future events, like the Gligarman episode and "Wings 'n Things" (Jessie celebrating Ash-style that she "caught" a yanma).

I also liked the recurring gag for this episode of Gligar running into Ash.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/18 NEW!! 10/19 NEW!! 10/22 NEW!! 10/28
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

I think the writers really wanted to give Ash a new change of pace with Gligar. After all, she is a girl for one thing (Ash doesn't have that many girls), and she's really a clown on the team. I think Ash really gets a kick from her every time.
    3DS Friend Code: 2079-6549-2981
    "Let's trade and battle!" - *message me first*
    I am a shadow, I seek the ways of Hadou.
    I'll have you know, I am a Lucario.

Quote Originally Posted by CyroEmerald_Z View Post
    Ash's Gligar is so cute. Pretty good episode, but now he has two flying pokemon... poor staravia.

.::Cyro::.
    Why is Staravia poor?

I am happy that Ash has another Pokemon but I think they rushed it. Ash shouldn't hve 6Pokemon now. At that time, he only had 2 badges!

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

I loved Gligar Too bad he evolved :/ he was so lovable.Nice episode, btw.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

blushing = love

I hate that... too many fans go wild seeing a blush,,oh my instant shipping!

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Good episode.
    Reminded me the Tailow episode. and little the Squirtle squad episode, because Ash's Squirtle was the leader too.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

I really liked episode, it was really cool and interesting. The only thing I didn't liked about it is that stupid crybaby Gligar who joined Ash's team...
    It was nice seing Paul again, but Ash was right: catpuring their leader, Gliscor was kinda cruel...

That Gligar is one of the best Pokémon Ash has ever had. See signature below.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Gligar is a cool Pokemon! i really love this episode...one of my faves
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Gligar was awesome. And the storyline was unique. And basically it was a brilliant episode.
    9/10.

This episode was great. Of course Paul catches the strongest of them. Gligar is pretty cool and now, as a Gliscor, it can control its flying and still does the thing with its tongue.
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:
    Anime List

When I saw that serebii added a change to Ash's character bio, I was like "I wonder which pokemon evolved" b/c I wasn't expecting Ash to catch a new pokemon before his 3rd badge. I was completely shocked and happy at the same time when I saw it was a gligar. I did not see it happening.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

I wonder, is the thing Brock said about skyscraper currents true? It seems like it would be possible, but I'm not entirely sure.
    Man, that Gligar should be cited for flying while intoxicated.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by celebitrainer View Post
    I wonder, is the thing Brock said about skyscraper currents true? It seems like it would be possible, but I'm not entirely sure.
    Man, that Gligar should be cited for flying while intoxicated.
    ROFLMAO is that even possible? Well now that I think about it yes it is but not in a pokemon's case.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Default gligar/scor

when i finaly realised it wasent a dream that he caught gligar,i didnt want it

to evelove(i love little gligy!)but **** happens.but i cant forgive ash for giving

it away to that stupid scizor trainer ) .

An odd episode, it started out ok with Ash and Turtwig practicing Energy Ball and then being interupted by a swarm of Gligar. I found it funny that they tried to steal food, how often does that happen?

Seeing Paul again was refreshing, even more so because he appeared with his trusty Murkrow. The overal plan to lead them away from the city though, was a bit confusing to me. I would've thought they could handle this situation using other methods like steel nets instead of luring them with food.

Anyway, it was a shock to see Ash catch his sixth Pokemon so early in DP. He didn't catch his 6th Hoenn Pokemon until AFTER his seventh badge. How things change, 6/10

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    An odd episode, it started out ok with Ash and Turtwig practicing Energy Ball and then being interupted by a swarm of Gligar. I found it funny that they tried to steal food, how often does that happen?

Seeing Paul again was refreshing, even more so because he appeared with his trusty Murkrow. The overal plan to lead them away from the city though, was a bit confusing to me. I would've thought they could handle this situation using other methods like steel nets instead of luring them with food.

Anyway, it was a shock to see Ash catch his sixth Pokemon so early in DP. He didn't catch his 6th Hoenn Pokemon until AFTER his seventh badge. How things change, 6/10
    Try all the time. Pokemon always steal food!
    I don't understand your post. First you praise the food and then you bash it about how it was confusing luring them by it. The steal food all the time (that's why the town's people were so angry), so why not lure them with it?!

This was an OK episode. I always thought Gligar was a weird pokemon for Ash to have but I like the flying gag between it and Ash, it's pretty funny.

Not a bad episode, it was nice for Ash to catch his sixth Pokemon, even if I would have given him a different one. Of course Pokemon always steal food, they must really love it.

Why is it Ash always goes "Whoa, it's Paul!" Always with the whoa everytime he sees Ash. Anyways it was nice for him to catch Gliscor, you could tell Ash and co didn't like the idea though but he caught it fair and square, they can't really tell anyone how to catch a Pokemon (Much like Jessie when she caught Yanma)
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

I really want to have fun with this review and just have a laugh at myself. See, I had this review in mind back when I was doing the Tag Battle tournament reviews; I was going to use this review as another example of the writers having to make an adjustment to the story. Just based on this episode alone, Paul's capture of Gliscor and Ash's capture of Gligar looks to be something that might push their rivalry further. But that honestly never happens. Now the reason why the writers never took this further, I believed for a long time, is b/c one of Paul's other pokemon turned out to be much, much stronger than anticipated. There just wasn't any room for Paul's Gliscor on his team, or so I thought. But a few days ago, Paul's team to be used against Ash in the Sinnoh League was revealed, and goodness it's a surprise. So the pt I was going to make with this review has been totally struck down, and only good fortune has kept me from looking like a total idiot. That's life, I suppose. Well, on to the review.

This episode breaks away from Dawn's confidence problems, so it sort of feels out of place. I also think Paul's appearance here is one of his weakest ones, since many of the things he does here are pretty stereotypical for him; Paul catches Gliscor and then leaves w/o caring about what the other Gligar might do to the town if they can't return to the forest. As Ash says, "Just like Paul." The writers have Paul in this episode to simply act like a jerk and nothing more, with the reasoning being we expect him to act like a jerk. So, really, Paul isn't needed in this episode at all, though I did laugh at seeing Paul and his pokemon get knocked down while trying to catch Gliscor, since he tends to avoid comedic moments like that. Something else out of character for him, I think, is his lack of respect for Ash, considering what happened at the Tag Battle Tournament. That, plus no attention on what Dawn has been going through recently (which maybe is the pt of this episode, to give a relief?) really makes me think this episode would have been more enjoyable and made more sense if it happened before the Tag Battle Tournament episodes.

Gligar is my favorite of Ash's Sinnoh captures. It's a harmless show-off, a scared teary-eyed pokemon at heart, yet sincere in how it likes Ash. I think the way Ash trains Gligar in future episodes is the most entertaining training Ash does in Sinnoh.

Gosh, this episode is so action-packed that there is not that much to say. Turtwig masters Energy Ball in this episode (with Ash showing a great deal of faith in it to use it at the time he did; although he was not totally reckless, he did try to use Pikachu's thunderbolt first on Team Rocket's balloon and only resorted to Turtwig's energy ball when he had no other option). I think this episode may also be the start of the time where Piplup stays out its pokeball, just like Pikachu does.
    Last edited by wind21; 25th July 2010 at 1:34 AM.

When Paul sets his eyes on a pokemon he will capture it no doubt....Although Ash and friends were the reason Paul couldn't catch a fearow in one of the episodes "A-Maze-ing race" in diamond and pearl

This episode was ok... It was cool to see Gliscor for the 1st time. Interesting how Paul caught the leader Gliscor, and then later on Ash caught a Gligar. Ash's Gligar is so cute! It loves to land on top of Ash, and of course, let its tail hang out. Strange how Paul used Electabuzz's Electric attack to take down the Gligar and Gliscor, when it's not even possible... It was great to see Turtwig finally able to use Energy Ball correctly.

61/100

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910