Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Riding the Winds of Change! (532)

This Gligar seems to be a little dense, just like Ash is. XD

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I thought it was funny that Dawn didn't have an expression on her face when Ash caught Gligar, she just stood there like a statue.
    Isn't that always character's expression whenever something happens? XD

Huh. Ash catches a Gligar. And Paul captures a Gliscor.

Wow...

To me, Gligar is the last Pokemon I'd expect on Ash's team. Who in their right mind would ever predict it? Wow! When's someone else going to get a capture (Jessie?)?
    Pokémon KD (Kanto Dimension) is located at a Fan Comics forum. Updates (whe)never.

[IMG]http://i13.*******.com/868hxts.png[/IMG]

Click the banner to go to the thread. Banner Credits to Coronis and Pe2k.

Omg that was suprising. Ash cathing a Gligar was great, and I loved how the Gligar always was left behind all happy and then realised it was alone and went crazy and followed. Paul catching the evo was cool but less expected. We all know that he is after powerful Pokemons and the Gliscar seems to be just that.

The ep in itself was great, funny to see Brock and 1 Joy and 1 Jenny. The parts when the Gligars and the Gliscars was cool and funny. Turtwig learned Energy Ball which was great, and bound to happend in due time after the recent eps with traing and all.

8/10 p.
    Last edited by Corzola; 25th January 2008 at 2:30 PM.
    We say goodbye in the pouring rain
    And I break down as you walk away.
    Stay, stay.
    'Cause all my life I felt this way
    But I could never find the words to say
    Stay, stay.

~ Stay by Hurts

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    I think Gravy just killed his own joke. Unless, of course, he was cleverly mimicking the wannabe's that overuse it to no end, like yours truly.

Normally I'm not opposed to captures, but I see many more negatives than positives coming out of this capture. First and foremost, this marks the first moment that Ash has had two flying types on his team at the same time, and now that all focus will likely shift to training Gligar. Everyone's already said what this means for our poor deranged current bird, so I don't have to repeat it. Second, I like a little variety between Ash and his rival's team. They now have TWO Pokemon from the same evolution line on their main teams. Unless the writers really want Gliscor vs. Gliscor in the Sinnoh League, I'm hoping they take the Heracross route by having him Oak this sucker in favor of a different 6th Pokemon.

And you know I just had to get this post in here before Serebii yelled at me for not discussing the actual episode, which I will be doing later today likely.
    ERM NO! Ash had both Pigeotto and Charizard togther for Kanto. Ash also had Butterfree and Pigeotto at the same time, at the very start of the series.
    Also Did he not have Noctowl and Charizard at the same time for a short while?

Anyways with such a long series ahead and alreday a team of 6 and 1 evo, I am sure we will be seeing Atrleast 1 new Oaked capture and nearly all his pokes Evolved by the league!
    Team Shut-down
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    Not only are Gligar NOT Poison types, Ash has actually owned FOUR poison Pokemon- Bulbasaur, Haunter, Muk, and Beedrill.
    He had Haunter for like an episode, I don't even think he caught it with a ball. And he he gave his beedrill to Casey.

Where I can see it(episode)? I wish I could, it sounds great. After thinking a bit, that Gligar fits Ash good. Any Gligar will fit Jessie good. Maybe Brock should capture one. It is Ground(he has some ground types), it is like a cross between scorpion(remembering Forretres, yes, scorpions are not bugs but they are in the same samily, don't they?) and bat(remembering his old Crobat). I wonder when we see Ash training Gligar, I think it would be very funny with that Gligar.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, *******, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

^ the ep. hasn't been uploaded yet.. I dont know why.. maybe the uploader has problems..

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    Where I can see it(episode)? I wish I could, it sounds great. After thinking a bit, that Gligar fits Ash good. Any Gligar will fit Jessie good. Maybe Brock should capture one. It is Ground(he has some ground types), it is like a cross between scorpion(remembering Forretres, yes, scorpions are not bugs but they are in the same samily, don't they?) and bat(remembering his old Crobat). I wonder when we see Ash training Gligar, I think it would be very funny with that Gligar.
    Don't think a scorpion and a pine are related O.o... but I would like to see the episode!

Glad to see Turtwig mastered Energy ball finally, and i'm curious about something, and Ash's gligar rules, hopefully it will become a Gliscor someday and Guillotine it's enemies.

To anyone who's good at understanding japanese I have a question, did Paul say Gliscor was useless after he caught it cause some people at the site where I saw the video (i ain't saying where) are saying he said that and I trust this forum more than that site.

After all if he did say that...then Gliscor might not be sticking around.
    Last edited by Almighty Zard; 25th January 2008 at 6:07 PM.

Maybe the fact Ash caught Gligar will lead to various fanart of Ash as Gligarman. That would make me happy.

Yeah the episode has finally been hosted, getting it right now. But since I'm evil, I won't say where !

Review coming soon.! :P

Neos345 is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

O.o Ash catching Gligar...

Dint see that coming..

^^^ i don't think anybody saw that one coming... but i hope Gligar is awesome lol
    Pokemon Y:
    FC Chris: 0018-2193-5036
    Pokemon in My Safari: Grass Type Safari occupied by Sunkern, Petilil, and Quilladin
    Current Team:
    :658: :663: :695: :686: :681: :715:

>>>>>Come Create Your Own Pokemon Adventure<<<<<

I love the tongue, I love the wink and I love the voice so Gligar gets a big, fat yes from me.

Hopefully it will not have the fate most of Ash's flying type got.

May I remind you all that downloading episodes is illegal and providing links here will NOT be tolerated

For everyone talking about how Gligar gives Ash two Flying types, it's not really the same. Gligar can't be used in the same kinds of ways as Staravia can. It can't fly absolutely anywhere because it can only ride the wind, just like the Hoppip line.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

And it's weak to water and resistant to electricity which is something that makes it completely different than the bird.

Gligar and Staravia, though they maybe flying types, Gligar can't technically fly, just glide (hense the name). Also The episodes are up on Youtube, just find it, I can't provide links due to serebii's almighty rules.
    Pokemon Black Battle Team

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    And it's weak to water and resistant to electricity which is something that makes it completely different than the bird.
    This'll make Gligar good against Volkner.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Did Paul makes any nasty remarks to Ash & Co throughout the ep?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashy Boy View Post
    It's most likely.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Ashy Boy View Post
    I have to say yes, his usual "I'm here to capture a pokemon so mind your own business and go away" kind of attitude. I want to see a double battle between Torterra and Gliscor vs Turtwig and Gligar
    Pokemon Black Battle Team

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    To anyone who's good at understanding japanese I have a question, did Paul say Gliscor was useless after he caught it cause some people at the site where I saw the video (i ain't saying where) are saying he said that and I trust this forum more than that site.
    Exactly the opposite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu on Bulbagarden
    He was saying that it looks like Glion can be useful after all. That's why he decides to keep it rather than release it right away.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

-The best part of the episode had to be watching Shinji suffer some actual physical damage as he was hurled to the ground by the backlash of Gliscor’s X-Scissor. I’m sure having an Electabuzz and Weavile hit you with such force wouldn’t leave you feeling too peachy. Like him, love him, loathe him, it doesn’t matter; there’s a huge sense of satisfaction watching the guy take an unexpected beating like that, and I was grinning from ear to ear.

-I also thought it was great how they've started to really dig in to how ruthless this guy can be when he’s out to get his own way. Using two pokémon to take down and capture that Gliscor when it had it's guard down was downright nasty, and the fact that he didn't give a crap about the sudden onset of confusion to befall the Gligar now that they were left stranded without their leader only added to that. Lovely stuff.

-Ash's Gligar is easily the best pokémon on his team now, at least in terms of personality. The quirky characters are usually the ones that are able to pull off some really entertaining TV, and I have no doubt that Gligar is going to deliver in the future. Clumsy, a little slow and a bit of a show boater, all in one neat little package. He clearly isn't one to take any crap either, if his (unfortunately) failed attempt on Shinji was anything to go by. I'm expecting a lot from this guy.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast