Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Riding the Winds of Change! (532)

-The best part of the episode had to be watching Shinji suffer some actual physical damage as he was hurled to the ground by the backlash of Gliscor’s X-Scissor. I’m sure having an Electabuzz and Weavile hit you with such force wouldn’t leave you feeling too peachy. Like him, love him, loathe him, it doesn’t matter; there’s a huge sense of satisfaction watching the guy take an unexpected beating like that, and I was grinning from ear to ear.
    I hope this happens to Zoey sooner then later.

Nah, Zoey's neck needs to snap inside Gliscor's pincers. Followed by a few instant replays in slow motion.

Maybe it was because the video was at a lower quality than most released episodes, but by golly, even for a Shimura episode, this thing looked ugly as sin. Enjoyable episode nevertheless with a number of important events occuring, even if I can't help but draw parallels to that Gulpin episode. As much as I fear for the fate of our old bird, this (potentially horny) Gligar is admittedly an entertaining Pokemon. I prefer this ground-type over Hippomajig, anyways, considering how at least with Gligar, I don't want to punch a whole through my screen every time it appears because of the overly obnoxious cuteness (meaning my laptop may not survive next week's episode).
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

I do notice something now in the ending after Ash caught Gligar. Right as they're scrolling through everyone's Pokemon, look right to the left of Ash and directly above Chimchar, what do you see? That's right kiddies, enough blank space to stuff Gligar in next week's ending.
    If you're looking for a confidence boost in Marvel VS Capcom 3, Halo Reach or TF2, look me up.
    Pokemon White Friend Code: 2794-9939-9096
    I use "uber" Pokemon in allotted tiers, I calculate stat values, I draw the line at cheating devices, I breed my way to perfection, and I care about natures. I breed my Pokemon out of the most ideal parental stock, and treat them like brainless drones made out of bits of data. I believe that thinking of them as anything more is pointless.

One must wonder if Ash owning Gligar will lead to the eventual return of Gligarman. I wonder if Brock still has the Gligarman whistle from Johto?

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    One must wonder if Ash owning Gligar will lead to the eventual return of Gligarman. I wonder if Brock still has the Gligarman whistle from Johto?
    Since Ash ended up with Sceptile and Donphan back in BF, which happen to be two Pokemon owned by Tyson, If this Gligar Sticks around and if theres a arc after sinnoh, Ash could get a Gliscor due to Paul having one.
    Last edited by ShadowDragon16; 26th January 2008 at 7:09 AM.
    Pokemon Black Battle Team

Well, with Gligar captured, will we see a new opening? Right now the upcoming episode has most people speculating whether another new capture will take place or not.

About Gligarman, well, I've forgotten if the whistle was ever used during that episode.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDragon16 View Post
    Since Ash ended up with Sceptile and Donphan back in BF, which happen to be two Pokemon owned by Tyson, If this Gligar Sticks around and if theres a arc after sinnoh, Ash could get a Gliscor due to Paul having one.
    You, my friend, just made a very good point.

At this rate, we should expect Ash to get Torterra, Electabuzz, Weavile, etc.[/sarcasm]
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    For everyone talking about how Gligar gives Ash two Flying types, it's not really the same. Gligar can't be used in the same kinds of ways as Staravia can. It can't fly absolutely anywhere because it can only ride the wind, just like the Hoppip line.
    I don't seem to recall the wind playing a factor in it's jouto episode or the hoenn league for that matter, heck Morrisons Gligar went toe to toe with Swellow(which i couldn't see losing if Gligar was forced to rely upon the wind since that would've given swellow an edge) but of course both battled to a draw.
    Last edited by Almighty Zard; 26th January 2008 at 7:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mew151 View Post
    Well, with Gligar captured, will we see a new opening?
    Please god let there be. x_x;

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Did anyone notice any gender differences in this episode? The stingers on the Gligars' tails were too varied in size for me to make an accurate judgment. And the video I watched had really low quality. >_>

Average episode overall...Ash gets a new Pokemon which happens to be one who he befriends. We get to see Paul again and he gets a new Pokemon. Otherwise...I thought it was a slight boring. Next one should be interesting, judging from the preview.

Well considering he's not even at the 3rd badge yet I find this capture quite surprising since he has a full lineup of 6 now.

So it looks like the writers are going with the textbook underdog story more this saga with Ash. Ash has all the clumsy "loser" pokemon and Paul has all the strong "cool" pokemon and chances are extremely high they'll face off against each other in the Shinnoh league.

I think Gligar will evolve even if Paul keeps Gliscor. Just like when Ash caught Aipom it was a given that it was going to have a D/P evolution because we all know the show is a commercial and there is no reason to really showcase Johto Pokemon (unless there is a G/S remake in the works that is).

In fact since he has 6 pokemon already before the 3rd gym it's very likely this will be the first time Ash completely evolves his lineup. Chances are Ash will win the Shinnoh league since the writers have already laid the ground work for there to be an E4 challenge and I think Ash will likely do a Hoenn and go with only his Shinnoh pokemon in the Shinnoh league. So the writers will likely give him a pretty beefy lineup going in since they plan on him winning it all and for the E4 is when he likely pull out his old pokes like Sceptile, Charizard, Snorlax, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    And it's weak to water and resistant to electricity which is something that makes it completely different than the bird.
    Well according to the anime they are not! Just watched the epsiode and both Gligar and Gliscor both got hurt by electrical attacks!
    I will give Thunder Punch a chance however, as it still involves punching the pokemon, but thunderbolt should not have hurt Gliscor! OH WELL!

I wonder if they will keep the Gligar, falling out of the sky and onto Ash joke?
    Team Shut-down
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
    Clumsy, a little slow and a bit of a show boater, all in one neat little package. He clearly isn't one to take any crap either, if his (unfortunately) failed attempt on Shinji was anything to go by. I'm expecting a lot from this guy.
    Oh lawd, that's Ash in a nutshell.

What i loved with this episode, was the Thunderpunches. I just loooove the animation! Go Elebuu!

- nice to see weavile again
    - rofl at Paul actually taking physical damage from Gliscor
    - some really nice BGM's in this episode

- Gligar can fly if it wants to, it doesn't just glide. Just watch the Hoenn league, there is no wind there and even though Gligar is fast as hell. So byebye Staravia.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Well as I said I expect to see more Ash as Gligarman fanart soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    And it's weak to water and resistant to electricity which is something that makes it completely different than the bird.
    No. It's not resistant to electricity; it's immune to Electric-type moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Durden View Post
    - Gligar can fly if it wants to, it doesn't just glide. Just watch the Hoenn league, there is no wind there and even though Gligar is fast as hell. So byebye Staravia.
    What matters is that in this episode, Gligar and Gliscor were clearly dependent on the wind to move around.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

gliscor looks awsome. i saw the pictures of this ep. bt i wana see the ep.! it looks awsome

staravia's gonna get left out now because of gligar,,,

Credit for the banner goes to Pino

FC's:

diamond (trades): 2320-4797-1369
    platinum (battles): 1977-7625-0749

Ash's Gligar was just awesome, I'm glad Ash caught it, just it's dopey tongue hanging smile, made it for me. Sometimes though I feel like I'm going to wake up and realize it was a dream.

I do doubt that Gligar will steal Staravia's limelight because Staravia is shown in the next episode's preview (along with gligar but whatever) I think they both can share the spot light and neither of them shafted, and to be fair to staravia, staravia did come first.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Red face

I think it's going to be interesting. I liked this twist! I mean, Shinji and Ash are rivals.
    It's going to be awesome if there was a battle between Ash's gligar and Shinji's Gliscor... If Ash's gligar doesn't evolve, it'd be like a Lt. Surge battle, when Pikachu faced off with Raichu! If Gligar does evolve, then it'll be a question of, "we're both using the same pokemon- so who's the better trainer?"
    or something like that.

Mukubird can go drown for all I care. I'm still waiting for Pidgeot.
    Oh, how I love rainbows, icons, and dresses.

im excited about this capture, cos it tells us the writers are being totally random.

however, gligar. it sucks. it has like 5 decent moves, and i bet ash will only take advantage of like 2 of them (probably X-scissor and slash or something) and i doubt itll ever be a gliscor to compensate, cos ash just isnt cool enough. i think its being oaked for sure.

I hope ash gets riolu and oaks gligar...
    ~I own a Movie Darkrai and damn it i am proud to say it!!

im excited about this capture, cos it tells us the writers are being totally random.

however, gligar. it sucks. it has like 5 decent moves, and i bet ash will only take advantage of like 2 of them (probably X-scissor and slash or something) and i doubt itll ever be a gliscor to compensate, cos ash just isnt cool enough. i think its being oaked for sure.

also, does anyone know what the pokeball scanning thing was all about?
    Last edited by sam_h12; 26th January 2008 at 6:36 PM. Reason: clicked post, it took ages, so i pressed stop to retype something, clicked post again, turns out it posted twice. sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by sam_h12 View Post

also, does anyone know what the pokeball scanning thing was all about?

Thats Pauls ways of finding out if the pokemon he captures is strong, he uses his pokedex to scan the pokemon, it tells him the pokemons moves, power, etc. Its his way of catching pokemon, and if he doesn't like them, he releases them.
    Pokemon Black Battle Team

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast