Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Riding the Winds of Change! (532)

Quote Originally Posted by King Of Steel View Post
    No. It's not resistant to electricity; it's immune to Electric-type moves.
    The resistance is 0 so it's the same thing...-__-

Well according to the anime they are not! Just watched the epsiode and both Gligar and Gliscor both got hurt by electrical attacks!
    I will give Thunder Punch a chance however, as it still involves punching the pokemon, but thunderbolt should not have hurt Gliscor! OH WELL!

I wonder if they will keep the Gligar, falling out of the sky and onto Ash joke?
    We should know by now the anime is not perfect when it comes to typing and stuff.

I think it'd be fair to give these guys the benefit of the doubt, taking into account that the Thunderbolt was combined with an Ice Beam. That is to say, they were literally two techniques fused together.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    We should know by now the anime is not perfect when it comes to typing and stuff.
    Deliberately so, I expect. Happens too often to be mistakes.

You're a Snover. I'm a Fire-Type. This amuses me.

This episode was pretty good, despite the animation. I have to say, before I saw it I wasn't particularly jubilant about Gligar joining the team, but now I don't really have a problem with it. I think it will be interesting to see Gligar and Shinji's Gliscor be sent into battle, only to catch up on recent events and laugh about the things they did in the city. I wonder what will happen when they both have a Gliscor. Will Shinji release his anytime soon? Two of the same pokemon in the main cast? That's a first.
    Brawl Friend Code:
    4425-1156-8204

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    What matters is that in this episode, Gligar and Gliscor were clearly dependent on the wind to move around.
    What happens in one episode doesn't necessarly carry over into another(after all Electabuzz did get away with thunderpunching several Gligar's as well), and again if that was the case, there's no way a gligar could battle like morrisons did in the hoenn league cause i clearly didn't see it having to rely on the wind to keep it's butt in the air and kick butt, nor did the wind play a factor in it's jouto debute either.

Seriously there ain't nothing wrong with two flyers on the team(stop trying to cover for the bird since we don't even know if Gligar will battle the same way, sure it could, but it also might not), Ash did well in Kanto with two flyers anyway so who cares, let just hope when Ash gets to Volkner Gliagar's a Gliscor and immune to electricity since i want to see many heads cut off with Guillotine.
    Last edited by Almighty Zard; 26th January 2008 at 8:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    What happens in one episode doesn't necessarly carry over into another(after all Electabuzz did get away with thunderpunching several Gligar's as well), and again if that was the case, there's no way a gligar could battle like morrisons did in the hoenn league cause i clearly didn't see it having to rely on the wind to keep it's butt in the air and kick butt, nor did the wind play a factor in it's jouto debute either.

Seriously there ain't nothing wrong with two flyers on the team(stop trying to cover for the bird since we don't even know if Gligar will battle the same way, sure it could, but it also might not), Ash did well in Kanto with two flyers anyway so who cares, let just hope when Ash gets to Volkner Gliagar's a Gliscor and immune to electricity since i want to see many heads cut off with Guillotine.
    I hope that too, but the last time ash had two liers was in kanto. Butterfree and pidgeotto was not big since butterfree was quickly dumped, and when Ash got charizard he did not obey him so Ash did not really use it. Now he can use both muku and gligar, but lets think a bit....

Ash's way of controlling staravia is very different from previous flyers, Ash relies on combos. Mainly peck and wing attack combos, meaning hit and run close combat. I don't see a gligar being fast enough or agile enough to attack and run away successfully, especially with those pincers slowing him down.

So yeah, I think their battle types will not contradict each other, but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by niedude View Post
    Ash's way of controlling staravia is very different from previous flyers, Ash relies on combos. Mainly peck and wing attack combos, meaning hit and run close combat. I don't see a gligar being fast enough or agile enough to attack and run away successfully, especially with those pincers slowing him down.

So yeah, I think their battle types will not contradict each other, but we'll see.
    If you mean the Peck attack then Staravia doesn't know peck. Staravia knows Whirlwind, Aerial Ace, Wing Attack and Quick attack.

Yeah they do have different battle styles. I have seen the new episode and I noticed that Gligar needs wind to get a flying start. So I am wondering how it would be used in Gyms that are strictly inside and have no wind based things to show off what it can really do? I love the capture! I am growing to like Gligar!

I remember Morrisons Gligar didn't do such a bad job when it was grounded in the Hoenn leauge. As for Staravia/Gligar, Gligar can glide ad apparently can't fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    Wow Zard, I remeber you were talking about Ash having two Normal-types were bad, but your there is nothing wrong with Ash having two Flying-types, please clarify.
    Last edited by ShadowDragon16; 26th January 2008 at 10:45 PM.
    Pokemon Black Battle Team

Quote Originally Posted by tee tee View Post
    Yeah they do have different battle styles. I have seen the new episode and I noticed that Gligar needs wind to get a flying start. So I am wondering how it would be used in Gyms that are strictly inside and have no wind based things to show off what it can really do? I love the capture! I am growing to like Gligar!
    Ash is going to carry a fan from now on. Everytime he needs to use Gligar he will use the fan to make it fly.

Ash is going to carry a fan from now on. Everytime he needs to use Gligar he will use the fan to make it fly.
    LOL!!!!!!!!

I suppose he will also use pikachu to hold the plug.
    Pokemon Black Battle Team

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDragon16 View Post
    I suppose he will also use pikachu to hold the plug.
    We don't need to enter into details..:/

This episode was pretty cool. Ash and Paul both obtained new pokemon. Gligar is pretty funny and one of my all time favorite pokes next to garchomp and infernape. Overall a cool episode but i sorta wanted Ash to get rioulu but his team is pretty cool. I never expected gligar. That totally caught me off guard. D/P FTW!

The World God Only knows

I don't like the fact that Ash and Paul's teams so closely mirror each others. Literally the only difference between the two is Buizel vs. Ursaring. *EVERY* other Pokemon on the team has either a mirror or relation to the other, sans Weavile.

Pikachu === Electabuzz
    Turtwig === Torterra
    Staravia === Murkrow
    Gligar === Gliscor
    Chimchar ===> Paul

It's really irritating.

And the episode was really disappointing. I hated the animation. It seemed so... blocky or something. Nothing was really fluid. I *did* like Paul's capture of Gliscor. It makes me wish that I could understand Japanese, because I've been waiting for an interruption like that for a while. Right in the middle of a goody-two-shoes speech, BAM, a capture. It's just really fun. It makes me hate the fact that Paul is someday going to lose to Ash. I really consider him the better trainer (though I think he could do a few things differently, but oh, the flaws of being an anime character).

"Metapod hate ugly flower! Metapod glare at ugly flower with rage of entire Metapod species!"

The disgruntled Metapod deserves more appearences. Preferably an entire episode which involves him and Shinji glaring at each other for the full 22 or so minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy View Post

"Metapod hate ugly flower! Metapod glare at ugly flower with rage of entire Metapod species!"

The disgruntled Metapod deserves more appearences. Preferably an entire episode which involves him and Shinji glaring at each other for the full22 or so minutes.
    That's hilarious! Ohh I'd love to see that.....XD

The disgruntled Metapod deserves more appearences. Preferably an entire episode which involves him and Shinji glaring at each other for the full 22 or so minutes.
    Hahah, that's class man. You always notice the best things. ;D

I've not been able to get this episode yet so the guide will be a bit late. Plus I've got an essay to finish. x_x

Gligar isn't another 'problem' Pokemon like Cydnaquil was, is it? I'm hearing bad things about him.

I always get confused as to which side is supposed to be its front. The other way, it looks like it's sad and has a huge schnoz...

Gligar isn't another 'problem' Pokemon like Cydnaquil was, is it? I'm hearing bad things about him.
    He's somewhat clumsy, but I really like him.

He saved the clan from Team Rocket, and then when Paul captured Glion, Gligar really got ****** and flew directly at him in a failed attempt to save his boss.

That proved to me the guys got guts.

Quote Originally Posted by sam_h12 View Post
    im excited about this capture, cos it tells us the writers are being totally random.

however, gligar. it sucks. it has like 5 decent moves, and i bet ash will only take advantage of like 2 of them (probably X-scissor and slash or something) and i doubt itll ever be a gliscor to compensate, cos ash just isnt cool enough. i think its being oaked for sure.

also, does anyone know what the pokeball scanning thing was all about?
    Sadly, in regards to attacks, you're right, which sucks.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Sand Attack
    Screech
    U-turn
    X-Scissor
    Guillotene
    Fury Cutter
    Earthquake
    Sludge Bomb
    Sandstorm
    Rock Tomb
    Stone edge
    Swords Dance
    Stealth Rock
    Dark Pulse
    Rock Slide
    Poison Jab
    Sand Tomb
    Night Slash
    Cross Poison
    Feint, destroyer of Protect.

Oh my. So many horrible moves, so little potential! Golly, Gligar has absolutely nothing going for it, it seems.

Sand Attack
    Screech
    U-turn
    X-Scissor
    Guillotene
    Fury Cutter
    Earthquake
    Sludge Bomb
    Sandstorm
    Rock Tomb
    Stone edge
    Swords Dance
    Stealth Rock
    Dark Pulse
    Rock Slide
    Poison Jab
    Sand Tomb
    Night Slash
    Cross Poison
    Feint, destroyer of Protect.

Oh my. So many horrible moves, so little potential! Golly, Gligar has absolutely nothing going for it, it seems.
    Please let that be sarcasm.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Please let that be sarcasm.
    It is not, poweful moves in anime aren't the same a in games (remembers gust over powering hyper beam)......

Quote Originally Posted by niedude View Post
    It is not, poweful moves in anime aren't the same a in games (remembers gust over powering hyper beam)......
    Oh, right. Boy Gligar/Gliscor is screwed then.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast