Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sleight of Sand! (533)

Within 40 mins. Be patient

So gligar did not appear? Too bad, I really was looking forward to see the guy doing something...

Quote Originally Posted by shac View Post
    Is Hippowdon the ugliest pokemon ever or what?
    Every time I see it questions like, "what the hell happened to its ears?" keeps popping in my mind.
    Heh, I was thinking the same thing.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by niedude View Post
    So gligar did not appear? Too bad, I really was looking forward to see the guy doing something...
    It did appear, it flew around for about 10 seconds.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    It did appear, it flew around for about 10 seconds.
    I know now.... Just saw it :S
    And yeah, filler wup-di-do

I really couldn’t enjoy this episode. I’m so picky when it comes to animation and I thought the animation in here was crappy.

The episode for me was too random. Pachirisu was just in Hippowdon’s interior and nothing more. It really did nothing. Hippopotas appearing was really random, Butch and Cassidy appearing was random too. Everything felt forced for me.

Pachi's voice and Hippo's voice are so cute and adorable.

I didn’t see anything interesting about the episode other than Seviper and Grandbull biting each other.

My summary, didn’t like it at all.

A lot of Johto Pokemon have been in this series lately, even ones that dont have D/P Evolutions.

Anyways, I think Butch and Cassidy should have gotten some new Sinnoh Pokemon. Well... at least they finally have something new instead of there boring old Pokemon I guess. I was just wondering if anything important happens in this episode? I quickly looks through the pictures for this episode and it looks like nothing special happend except the appearence of Butch and Cassidy's new Pokemon.
    Its not me, its you. //Lets play a love gamee!

Quote Originally Posted by lightdash View Post
    the Butch name-mistakening parts
    Not just Butch, they kept getting Professor Namba's name wrong too, that's why he kept popping up from the phone. He did that in their Chronicles episodes too.
    Last edited by Geodude; 1st February 2008 at 11:01 PM.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    Not just Butch, they kept getting Professor Namba's name wrong too, that's why he kept popping up from the phone. He did that in their Chronicles episodes too.
    Yes I know. I just didn't find it as amusing as the ones with Butch since Professor Namba just gets 2-3 second scenes everytime he calls.

kinda random... much more than a pachy in a powdons mouth tho. btw couldnt dawn just return pachirisu into its pokeball when it poked its head out?

yeh i thought about that, but remeber when it did, cassidy and biff(lol i couldn't help myself on that)

biff(butch): the name is butch!!!!!

lol......anyways dawn couldn't retrn it because she had to keep p with team rocket -.-

Credit for the banner goes to Pino

FC's:

diamond (trades): 2320-4797-1369
    platinum (battles): 1977-7625-0749

well, true i guess... i thought it was gonna be one of those cutesy fillers like steamboat willies, but i guess i was wrong

Pretty good ep. Pachurichu is great and cute as ever while the ep overall was funny. Butch and Cassidys return...interesting...

The Mecha battle between TR was hilarious and cool. They were completly into their fight and didn´t realised [at first] that Ash and the others run away.

7,5/10 points.
    Last edited by Corzola; 2nd February 2008 at 4:08 PM.
    We say goodbye in the pouring rain
    And I break down as you walk away.
    Stay, stay.
    'Cause all my life I felt this way
    But I could never find the words to say
    Stay, stay.

~ Stay by Hurts

Quote Originally Posted by Corzola View Post
    Pretty good ep. Pachurichu is great and cute as ever while the ep overall was funny. Butch and Cassidys return...interesting...

The Mecha battle between TR was hilarious and cool. They were completly into their fight and realised that Ash and the others run away.

7,5/10 points.
    ya...butch cassidy, james and jessie fight and ash and co. run away with a hippowdon =D

i saw the pics. of this ep. and it looks good

can't wait for it,!!!

Credit for the banner goes to Pino

FC's:

diamond (trades): 2320-4797-1369
    platinum (battles): 1977-7625-0749

I love the Battle between Team Rocket Slowbro Rhyhorn tanks , its dam funny Lol...
    my team is that good ?

I thought this was a pretty good filler, not one of the best, but it could've been a lot worse.

The battle between the two Team Rocket tanks was really funny though. xD

Yeah, the TR mecha war was really funny to watch and was the best part of the episode. Also, the Bite war between Granbull and Seviper was hilarious.

I have to say, I was incredibly underwhelmed with this episode. Butch and Cassidy couldn't even save it, it was that boring. It did as Dax pointed out, feel forced.

B and C are effectively no different from Jessie and James now, which is a shame. Their rivalry keeps messing things up for Butch and Cassidy, and having their rivals about brings out the worst in both teams.

Also, what the hell was with Shuckle appearing in their motto? Has Raticate been shafted once again? Shuckle didn't seem like their 'mascot' Pokemon or even very important, it was plopped back in its ball as soon as the motto was done. Butch and Cassidy having a mecha also irked me, they never have mecha. They have truely fallen from grace.

Doesn't seem very Butch-y to have such a small Pokemon. He always tends to have strong Pokemon, or powerful looking ones at least. (Primeape, Hitmontop, Mightyena, Tentacruel.)

The rest of the episode just bored me to tears, Hippopowdon constantly going underground annoyed me.

So, I went into this episode with very low expectations. Then, at the beginning, I see a glimpse of Butch and Cassidy. And I'm surprised. I honestly didn't expect to see them. So I watch the episode, and immediately, I'm disgusted with the very poor quality of animation. It was downright *terrible*. Whoever supervised that should be ashamed to let such low quality work come out.

Anyways, this was an episode where I wished I could understand Japanese. I'm pretty sure there were some in-jokes I totally missed, especially with the random Nanba scenes. The whole Rocket battle was amusing, and I 'OMGWTF'd at Shuckle's appearance. I expected Sinnoh, not Johto. Seviper vs. Granbull was... well... grand!

Then there was Ash's totally pointless use of Thunderbolt against Hippowdon... AFTER Pachirisu's Spark had no effect. Honestly, can we at least see *some* intelligence in a filler? I was not pleased with the beginning of this episode at all, and it was here that the animation was the worst. It got a little better as it went through, I think.

Finally, Chimchar, Buizel and Gligar... absolutely nothing happened with them. Naetle got a little screen time, but really... no-ones Pokemon was all that useful.

Oh, and I don't know, but did anyone find Pachirisu's ability to pop out of Hippowdon's body somewhat... disturbing? Is the thing hollow or something? That HAS to feel uncomfortable...

Quote Originally Posted by Bliksem View Post
    Then, at the beginning, I see a glimpse of Butch and Cassidy. And I'm surprised. I honestly didn't expect to see them. I'm pretty sure there were some in-jokes I totally missed, especially with the random Nanba scenes. The whole Rocket battle was amusing, and I 'OMGWTF'd at Shuckle's appearance.

Yeah. Butch and Cassidy's appearance was random, and I thought it was funny that now they're getting Nanba's name wrong.

Then there was Ash's totally pointless use of Thunderbolt against Hippowdon... AFTER Pachirisu's Spark had no effect. Honestly, can we at least see *some* intelligence in a filler?
    Seriously. They do too good a job at making Dawn look pathetically stupid. She's beyond hope!

Oh, and I don't know, but did anyone find Pachirisu's ability to pop out of Hippowdon's body somewhat... disturbing? Is the thing hollow or something? That HAS to feel uncomfortable...
    I found it somewhat disturbing, too! I'm surprised Pachirisu didn't get Earthquaked to death because of it.

Also, would anyone be surprised if Ash ditched Gligar and caught Hippopotas? It seems like Hippopotas has much more battling potential than Gligar.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 22nd February 2008 at 5:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

they always have been getting Nanba's name wrong, ever since his first appearence...I think it's funny how everyones still getting Butch's name wrong
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    they always have been getting Nanba's name wrong, ever since his first appearence...I think it's funny how everyones still getting Butch's name wrong
    No they haven't. It's only been that way with Butch.

BTW, I'm surprised you haven't flamed me for wanting Hippopotas on Ash's team by now (as if that was a sin!). You seem to do that on every other thread where there's Hippopotas vs. Gligar.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

This episode was pretty weak, and it was difficult to crack at smile at any of the crap going on, which is especially odd for an episode that was more than likely not supposed to be taken seriously. But if there was one thing that I did find amusing, it was that...bizarre screech from Jessie as their mech charged towards B&C's Rhyhorn tank.

"MmmmmmmmmmmKIIIIIIIIII!"

Solid script.

Butch here has a Shuckle and that Granbull is Cassidy's.(How funny it is when Butch here has a Shuckle instead of Hitmontop or Mightyena or Cloyster or Primeape???? And Cassidy with a Granbull instead of Houndour or Sableye or Tentacruel or Raticate????) In fact the two TR's are battling each other using their mechas. Plus that Pachirisu of Dawn sure didn't know where to go and ends up in Hippowdon's mouth as in the title! There might be any words when it's dubbed in English.(Somewhat Cassidy mistook Nanba's name in her call.)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Doom View Post
    No they haven't. It's only been that way with Butch.

BTW, I'm surprised you haven't flamed me for wanting Hippopotas on Ash's team by now (as if that was a sin!). You seem to do that on every other thread where there's Hippopotas vs. Gligar.
    Actuall, Dr. Namba's name is also messed up continually, such as in Oaknapped, its not just Bif..Butch.

And no offense but, just wondering, but why would anyone want Hippopotas on Ash's team? So he can have a Donphan clone? Gligar has shown really interesting moves, X-Scissor, Steel Wing, and Sand Attack. No pokemon Ash has ever had has used any of those three moves[Well, Charizard did use Steel-Wing, but only like....once]
    Last edited by Misty Fanboi13; 20th May 2008 at 3:33 AM.
    I'm back

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast