Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sleight of Sand! (533)

It was nice to see Butch and Cassidy again, and the robot fight was sort of amusing. How could Pachirisu survive in there?
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

The episode was good, and I'm happy that Cassidy and Butch are back. My guesses are that they gave up following Richie around.

I enjoyed see Butch and Cassidy I was so happy when i heard they Were Back

For some odd reason, this episode made LESS sense dubbed...
    Male or Female? You just never know, and that's one of the greatest things about these two~

^ haha

All I have to say about this episode is thankfully the Veilstone arc begins next week! (should that have been in a spoiler?)

Spoiler:- preview:

yay the spoiler thingy worked! ^_^
    Last edited by jolteonjak; 12th July 2008 at 3:35 PM.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

I don't see how it was so poorly animated....oh well. It was nice seeing Chimchar play around in the beginning of the episode.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Not the greatest of fillers (my favorite this season still has to be the Spiritomb one), but still pretty good. It was kinda funny (yet slightly disturbing) how Pachirisu kept popping up out of the holes on Hippodown's back. The mecha battle was quite entertaining.

Overall, not the best, but far from the worst.

Now being reposted!

It is kinda one of my least favorite episodes ever. Seeing it dubbed just made it rather worse for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dattebayo View Post
    The episode was good, and I'm happy that Cassidy and Butch are back. My guesses are that they gave up following Richie around.
    At least that shows that they're smarter then J and J, since they don't spend over 10 years following the same person.
    A proud member of:SPPf Christian Alliance

When I asked Jesus how much he loved me, he said "This much."
    Then he stretched out his arms...and died for me.

Click so they hatch and grow:

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I don't see how it was so poorly animated....oh well. It was nice seeing Chimchar play around in the beginning of the episode.
    Extremely stiff artwork and abysmal fluidity to the overall movement of the characters. Compare this to what is airing next week and it's even clearer to see why this was a complete crock.

This episodes wasn't as good as I thought it would be, but I still liked it. It was nice to see Butch and Cassidy again. And I thought it was funny when Pachirisu fell into Hippodown's mouth and kept popping out of him. I give it 7/10.

Does anyone notice how much different Hippowdon looks from anime to games. The made it look so hideous.

cant believe this episode isnt out yet i hate waiting

This episode was cool. It was funny when Pachirisu kept popping out of Hippowdon's back. A little cool to see Butch and Cassidy with new pokemon. It was also cool to see a Hippowdon as well. If I may also add some more things; I always find it funny with constant name mispronunciations on Butch and Dr. Namba as well as Cassidy and Jessie’s hatred for each other. Fire Fang, like Thunder Fang was a little unimpressive. I also found Butch’s quote “These dummies deal with these every week?” to be hilarious.
    Last edited by WaterDragon trainer; 14th July 2008 at 12:36 AM.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

This episode was pretty good. Surprised to see Butch and Cassidy in this. Also, I was surprised to see Butch having a Shuckle, then felt disappointed. Why a Shuckle? I guess its the most forgotten pokemon and they just added it there.

Funny how Pachirisu kept popping out of Hippowdon, also disturbing. Is Hippowdon really that hallow? Couldnt Hippowdon fell that in him? Stuff like this doesnt make any sense so why bother saying anything.

The Mech battle was good and all. Funny how TR and B & C didnt notice Ash and co. running away while they were fighting. The Meowth Ballon face impression was random to me and werid.

As the for animation, i couldn't care less. Dub episodes will always have poor animation on them. So I wont bother complaining about it. I worry more on movies instead, those are the big ones that needs to be well prepared.

7/10
    Last edited by AstralEon; 14th July 2008 at 3:02 AM.
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/jb1rmh.jpg[/IMG]
    I claimed Ponyta

I customized these

Quote Originally Posted by AstralEon View Post
    Dub episodes will always have poor animation on them.
    I think the only phrase that could sum up my current thoughts on this quote would be a well-placed '...What?'.

It was nice to see Butch and Cassidy again, and the robot fight was sort of amusing. How could Pachirisu survive in there?

I found thid episode good for a filler. I liked Butch and Cassiady appearing again it always makes me laugh how they misprounouce Butchs name and i like the rivarly also between Cassiady and Jessie. The Pachrisu getting stuck inside Hippowdon made me laugh as well poor little thing. I wasnt so keen on the ending though i found it a bit rushed but overall i enjoyed it

It's possible that Giovanni doesn't CARE about Pikachu, anymore. I mean, if Jessie and James were to end up fired for a SECOND time, then maybe those two would end up having to just give up Team Rocket, part ways, and James would have to marry Jezebelle. You know: "You're not running properly, let me show you the right way!"
    It's been too long since I've been here.

i thought the "Sleight of sand!" was a pretty good episode, especially for a filler.
    I really like how Butch and Cassady returns. the dr.namba parts I thought were good.
    the animation was good, just like the japanese version.
    overall, a 7/10. wish it was more intresting. but still good enough.

I was kinda hoping Nanba's final shot meant we'd see more of Butch and Cassidy, but I guess not.

Meh, would've been nice to see Fire Fang hit.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

i have a question
    i didnt get to see this episode
    does anybody know were i can see it online

Quote Originally Posted by piplup_777 View Post
    i have a question
    Go and search "Sleight of Sand" on Youtube.

I like how Cassidy's reaction when Jesse and James came out with the Slowbro machine.
    Cassidy said something about being pink and I nearly choked on my muffin.

Surfing through the waves, diving deep into the sea,
    playing along the beach, having fun all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
    I think the only phrase that could sum up my current thoughts on this quote would be a well-placed '...What?'.
    My thoughts exactly. Using the dub to put blame on everything to avoid the reality that the episode probably didn't have good animation to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by piplup_777 View Post
    i have a question
    go to AOL video and type in "Sleight of Sand". You'll find the entire episode there uncut.

I rather enjoyed it. I loled when it was:

Ash and Jessie: It's Cassidy
    Brock and James: It's Biff!

Though, I noticed they actually screwed up Nanba's name a heck of a lot more than Butch. Then at one point, Cassidy just completely wrecks his name (hotch), "that doesn't even rhyme."

I preferred the comedy aspect in this episode more than the episode itself. For that reason, I was able to bypass every other "minor" aspect and have myself a good time. You guys should consider this too. It would help to appreciate the entertainment factor the episode is trying to show.

Oh well, this weekends episode will be great. LUCARIO!!

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

I just watched this episode and I didn't really like it.
    the only part i liked was that Butch and Cassidy came back and the hippopotoas (or how do you call it)
    I also look forward to the next episode where they finnaly will arrive at the town were the gym is located

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast