Page 1 of 52 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: GTS Guardians club

Hello, I had an idea that may or may not work out.

As you know, the gts is full of hacked event legends and it is unfair when anyone gets stuck with one. Such 'pokemon' degrade the quality of the gts trades. We have all complained about it....but why don't we take action?

There is a way to remove such things from the gts that is simple but requires extremely generous minded people.

As a GTS Guardian we can make a collective effort to remove fake event legends from the gts by actively fishing them out. By loading something legit onto the gts and asking for mew, celebi or jirachi you may catch the 'illegal' trade and delete it in your version by releasing it. You will need something legit that would actually be worth this type of trade-maybe clone something good.

[U]So our mission:[U] To make the GTS honest and fair for everyone!

What if I get a legit pokemon in return That is up to you. You may keep it, trade it, send it back or maybe think of donating it to someone in the trade forum who wants one.

Members responsibility Post progress reports. If you are uncertain of something, put it up for examination. Be active. If you won't be around, let us know. Otherwise, your member status will become MissingNo status

So if you are also disappointed by the tainted reputation of the gts, join us and help make a difference!

Members for strong preformances!

Firewall....owner/Hack hunter
    Helldamphir.........member/hack hunter
    Jean de Kotennoh..........Senior Analyst/ Co-owner
    John Light.............member/hack hunter
    Randomspot555...........Member/Analyst
    Zapdragon14..............member/hunter
    Eeveerose......................member/hunter
    qwerty0805...............member/hunter
    Pokelover33................member/hunter
    Blastoise720..................Member/hunter
    Ganonrai......................member/hunter
    Mrmagius................member/analyst/hunter
    Blazikenbud............member/analyst
    Light venusaur.........Member/hunter/tester
    May's Brother..............Member/hunter/ analyst.
    Johnny Knoxville.............Member/Hunter
    Embersbackupsinger........Member/hunter
    ViperGTS.......................Member/hunter
    Weebl33.....................member/hunter
    shadowman080..............member/hunter
    Pokenicks.....................member/hunter
    Shinyray5....................member/hunter
    Suicunefan2341............member/hunter
    Kirkeastment...............member/hunter
    Luckyshipper8816.........member/hunter
    Jack ladder..................member/hunter
    Shiny Palkia................member/hunter
    Thehackcatcher...........member/hunter

All members: please format reports as follows:

Progress Report
    Date:
    Pokemon Obtained:
    Analysis (ID number, OT, Encounter Location):
    Additional info:
    Action taken:

Our long overdue banners include:

choice 1: http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/j...ite/req112.png (Horizantal banner)
    choice 2: http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...ll_art/gts.jpg (the jirachi one)
    __________________there are more just don't have links.

Hacks removed: 223!!!!

Last edited by firewall; 20th October 2008 at 12:25 AM.

Well unfortunately no members yet. Oh well, here's my initial progress report:

Date: Feb 06 (yesturday's activities)
    Pokemon Obtained from GTS: Lv. 100 celebi with japanese lettering/ ot.
    Analysis: ID number 31121 and japanese names confirm that this is actually a legit Ageto celebi (what are the odds of getting hacks when looking for legits and legits when hunting hacks?!!!)

Decided Action: As I already have my very own celebi I don't need another so it will be donated to the Trade Forum.

If anyone is interested in joining, we need not only 'hunters' but an 'analyst' as well (someone with complete knowledge of legit event legends to help in those tough to determine cases)

well i will join
    because have been trade hacked pokemon before but do you have to limit my self to gts because the wifi chat room has many hackers
    The greatest fear I have about death is going to heaven because my heart is encased with malice, which should not be seen by sacred eyes. That only leaves hell and all my inner demons that come with it, to call home.

Alright! Welcome HellDamphir!

Yes we are focussing on removing hacks from the gts. When I was getting my jirachi and mew I found that at least 3/4 or 75% were hacks.

So are you going to be a hunter or an analyst? Or both?

So the only rules are that we don't send hacks into the gts and we do progress reports here. If you get a legit poke instead of a hack sent to you it is up to you to decide. Just like I did in my first report.

Welcome aboard and good luck!
    P.S do you have pokemon you can use for this mission that you don't want? Just checking!

Progress Report: Firewall

Date: Feb 8
    Pulled from GTS: A japanese mew lv.19.
    Analysis: It's ID number and japanese text confirms it is a legit wave mew. Sigh, weird how when I want legits I get the hacks but now it is backwards! Moves have been messed with but that could've been the trainer's fault and not a hack result since the three moves are all tms.

Decided action: I am donating her to the trade forum.

your gona need a co-owner

soo that means ill join. we need to keep the GTS clean and safe for all
    best ps3 forum ever. JOIN IT

best thread ever

my trading post
        Spoiler:- i am now excepting trades:

Welcome aboard! So I am sure you know what to do and how to report so lets get cracking! Are you able to hunt?

Here is one thing to look for: I have noticed one trainer named jesus repeatly for weeks putting up jirachi, always the same location. I know he is handing out AR'd jirachi as he announced his intentions on another forum. If we can grab his and release them that'd be helpful!

I certainly like the ideology behind this. It's a very noble kind of thing. I would absolutely LOVE to be a part of it... however... I have no Wi-Fi/GTS access at the moment, and won't until we move out of the apartment complex this summer. (Neighboring routers kill my connections... Sadness.)

However... if it's something that one could learn to do (I like to think of myself as a competent individual), perhaps I could lend my efforts to analyzing? All I need to know is what kind of things to look for... gah, I'm making a fool of myself. If you think there's any way I could help, please let me know. If anything, I could at least be a kind of forum aid, no?

Thanks for the consideration,

~Jean

Many Thanks to Niedude for the AMAZING banner!
    Trek of the Twins: Johto Awaits. Chapter Three is Here.

The GTS Guardians Club
    Pearl Friend Code: 1461 9263 6346 Ask before Adding.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean de Kotennoh. View Post
    I certainly like the ideology behind this. It's a very noble kind of thing. I would absolutely LOVE to be a part of it... however... I have no Wi-Fi/GTS access at the moment, and won't until we move out of the apartment complex this summer. (Neighboring routers kill my connections... Sadness.)

However... if it's something that one could learn to do (I like to think of myself as a competent individual), perhaps I could lend my efforts to analyzing? All I need to know is what kind of things to look for... gah, I'm making a fool of myself. If you think there's any way I could help, please let me know. If anything, I could at least be a kind of forum aid, no?

Thanks for the consideration,

~Jean

Sure you can join. For now you can do Analysis. So If there is anything we find and are unsure of its legitimacy you can help make the call. You will need to have a knowledge of event legends such as details it should have. Like the OT, ID, english names or another language, type of ball it should be in, if there are any that could be personally caught or only through downloads. You can help out for sure!

Welcome aboard!

where gona need a banner... soo ill get to work on that in a bit... but in the meantime well need a good motto and links in our sigs

best thread ever

my trading post

yeah, I was thinking about that. If you are good at banners you can make them. I was thinking of a Jirachi with a confident/brave look on its face holding a sword and shield and in a cool pose and the background is the launch tunnel from the gts. Our motto? I thought of "Hacks stop here" or "GTS Guardians: the defenders of honesty" What do you think? I think whatever we have, should be mutually agreed upon.

Can I join,

I hate hacked pokemon... Especially when they are on the GTS, ripping people off. I have recieved my fair share of fake GTS pokemon

A level 20 houndour caught in the mining museum

A dragonite caught in Victory Road

and some more which I can not remember

Yes you can join. Are you going to be able to find and "destroy" hacks? That's what we do. It takes having some pokemon you don't want anymore that you can send up and potentially pull out a hack. So, the only rules are to release hacks and post regular progress reports like I did. Also, feel free to have input on our banner.

PS: when I first sought a mew and jirach I got those hacks that are in masterballs with trainers called "AAAAA" or the mew at lv.10 that said fateful encounter at lv.50!

That's when I came up with this idea.

Sweet! thanks and welcome aboard!

I'll join, got a hacked Articuno the other day.
    OT is EEEEEEEEEE. Also if some one gets a
    legit Celebi, Ho-oh, or Mew off the GTS let me know,
    Im lookin for them for my pokedex. I can trade right back.

hmmmmmmmm the whole banner thing would be a little hard considering i cant find any picks of Jirachi like that. but i have another idea. i still like the whole sword and shied idea soo we can add that onto a regular trainer. and add him on both sides of the banner. then put a Jirachi in the middle. id then put a gts portal background. sound smashing or what!!!

best thread ever

my trading post

Excellent! That is pretty cool! Use a male and a female trainer ok? Also, consider whether the jirachi should be a legit aiding us or a hack that looks "glitchy" so the trainers are focussed their attention on it.

The King of ho-ohs, welcome aboard! So, get after whatever you can hunt and prepare progress reports. So they're coming as "EEEEEE" now? Figures.

Anyways, so is everyone in agreement with the direction of the banner?

Hi, just recieved and 'destroyed' a obviously fake shiny ralts, whose offerer wanted a female elekid level 9 and under

ralts
    level 50
    Jolly Nature
    Caught Route 202 at level 50
    OT: DoUgLaS

good job john light. that brings our "kill" count up to two.

oh and by the way if you find a legit event and you dont want it you can give it to me\

firewall change my job to analyst. im good at that stuff
    Last edited by mrdurp4; 10th February 2008 at 6:43 PM.

best thread ever

my trading post

Quote Originally Posted by firewall View Post
    Sure you can join. For now you can do Analysis. So If there is anything we find and are unsure of its legitimacy you can help make the call. You will need to have a knowledge of event legends such as details it should have. Like the OT, ID, english names or another language, type of ball it should be in, if there are any that could be personally caught or only through downloads. You can help out for sure!

Welcome aboard!
    Awesome, and I do have a fairly extensive knowledge of where Pokémon occur in-canon, so I'll be able to spot fake-location hacks of the bat. Also, I know the names of nearly all the Pokémon in both English and French, and I have a source for finding the other various languages. I have about four different Pokédex guides (Prima, Vs. Books, Serebii, PokéDream), and a large listing of information as to OT's and the like.

All in all, I'm certainly glad to be the "Senior" Analyst!

I love the idea of the two trainers, Jirachi in the middle, and the GTS launch tunnel. An awesome thing. Now then, about whether it should be a legit Jirachi or not... I have an idea, but it may take a bit more effort. If we can find someone to do some sprite splicing, we could have a Half-and-Half Jirachi; good and evil at once, representing both sides of that for which we stand.

Once we get a banner, I'll put it into my signature, and I'm going to go ahead and place a link now.

Alright, so as the Senior Analyst, please add a link to my Email address beside my name on the member list, so that people can immediately Email me any questions they have about the Pokémon they've found:

jeanpaolobrunocartier@gmail.com

Thanks, and again - very glad to be aboard.

~Jean

EDIT: Check out my signature. I was just typing away, and the words came to me. How does that sound for a motto? If nobody likes it, I'll gladly remove it.
    Last edited by Jean de Kotennoh.; 10th February 2008 at 8:00 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention something...

The GTS Guardians Club

Progress report:

Date: Feb 10 @ 1:50pm canadian
    Got from GTS: lv. 100 Celebi.
    Analysis: It hails from hoenn, that's ok BUT......is in a master ball and the OT is Grifen and the ID is unheard of. quite certain this is a hack but plz does anyone know if they're were any events that allowed in game capture of this pokemon.

Action taken: Pending consensus of our analysts it will be destroyed.

BTW, good work with the ralts!!!!

^^^ According to this guide http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/file/925601/48598 Celebi is only ever in a Poke Ball as is most of the Gen 3 events unless otherwise noted.

But all of the 4th gen event 'mon (Darkrai and Manaphy) are in Cherish Balls.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by firewall View Post
    Progress report:

Date: Feb 10 @ 1:50pm canadian
    Got from GTS: lv. 100 Celebi.
    Analysis: It hails from hoenn, that's ok BUT......is in a master ball and the OT is Grifen and the ID is unheard of. quite certain this is a hack but plz does anyone know if they're were any events that allowed in game capture of this pokemon.

Action taken: Pending consensus of our analysts it will be destroyed.
    Yes, all event Pokémon (barring, evidently, the Gen 4 Darkrai and Manaphy), should come in a simple Poké Ball.

There were no events that allowed in-game capture; the only Pokémon falling under that category were the Ticket Pokémon, e.g. Mew on Faraway Island in Emerald Version (after obtaining the Ticket at an event) and Deoxys on Birth Island (same story).

All things considered, I'm willing to call it a Hack without any question.

Case closed.

The GTS Guardians Club

Thank you both, I will now dispose of the obvious hack.

Thanks Jean De Kotennoh, the forms for reports is a splendid idea.

For now on, all hunters and analysts please adhere to the forms in post one for reporting.

Page 1 of 52 123451151 ... LastLast