Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Results 426 to 450 of 657

Thread: I don't get the hatred of gays.

  1. #426
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    668

    Default

    Babylon, tell me, what is your defenition of choice? Since you seem to be using one that, though it allows you to pursue certain arguments, lacks the ability to claim that being gay is morally blameworthy.

    Also, the fact that people can be hypnotised into something does not mean it was a concious choice not to in the first place.

  2. #427
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Serebiiforums.com (duh!)
    Posts
    717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Death dealer View Post
    Also, the fact that people can be hypnotised into something does not mean it was a concious choice not to in the first place.
    There would be a reason why they would want to hypnotize themselves (which starts with a conscious choice).

    Quote Originally Posted by Merriam-Webster's Medical Dictionary
    hyp·no·sis
    1 : a state that resembles sleep but is induced by a person whose suggestions are readily accepted by the subject
    2 : any of various conditions that resemble sleep
    3 : HYPNOTISM 1
    dictionary.com
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Quote Originally Posted by sanjay120
    My view on the matter is that you don't choose to like something, you choose to act on it, and if you act against your will enough you might grow used to it or even like it.
    If you chose to act against your will, then wouldn't your new will be to try to like whatever your past will didn't like? It would be changing your will though to liking whatever it is.

    So a gay man that sleeps with women might trick himself into liking women, just as straight prisoners have sex with each other and enjoy it. If you hate lettuce, but you eat a lot of lettuce, it might grow on you and you might start liking it. That doesn't mean you choose to like the lettuce.
    What would be the reason to eat a lot of lettuce if you didn't like it?
    Dedicated to my beloved friend, Tyranny the Tyranitar

    With its indestructable body, it is bound to rule all.....

    Has for now, have a nice day!
        Spoiler:- info about me:

  3. #428
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    into that good night
    Posts
    10,438

    Default

    : a state that resembles sleep but is induced by a person whose suggestions are readily accepted by the subject
    Tyranitar, I think this just means that hypnosis enables the ready acceptance of suggestions while under it, not that the person under hypnosis is truly desirous of them. After all, when under hypnosis, you accept the suggestion to behave like a chicken. I doubt people want to go around acting like a chicken of their own volition.

    Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

  4. #429
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Serebiiforums.com (duh!)
    Posts
    717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    Tyranitar, I think this just means that hypnosis enables the ready acceptance of suggestions while under it, not that the person under hypnosis is truly desirous of them. After all, when under hypnosis, you accept the suggestion to behave like a chicken. I doubt people want to go around acting like a chicken of their own volition.
    Okay, I'll agree, but since the subject would be going to a trained professional approved by the government (hopefully, pity if they don't ;>_>) with the wanting of such hypnotism to be placed upon them, it could be a conscious choice as the first step.
    Last edited by Tyranny of Tyranitar; 16th March 2008 at 2:51 AM.

  5. #430
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Belgium =D
    Posts
    176

    Default

    Is it such a big problem there, at the other side of the big puddle? I don't see that much hatred here against Bi's/gays in Belgium. It is perfectly normal here to out yourself, if you like to. Is it because gay marriage is legal here? Dunno. I dont have anything against them, well my friends and me laugh with them if they are overacting, but we do understand and respect their choice (Recently a friend of ours turned out to be Bi) They aren't like, aliens, but they are human, an as far as I know each human is equivalent to eachother, none is superior above another.

  6. #431
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyranny of Tyranitar View Post
    Okay, I'll agree, but since the subject would be going to a trained professional approved by the government (hopefully, pity if they don't ;>_>) with the wanting of such hypnotism to be placed upon them, it could be a conscious choice as the first step.
    I'm not sure on how to interpret your posts, but do you think it's a choice to be homosexual because you can do something about it?

    Then, it's a choice to be black since you can go through an operation so that you become white.

    It's not a choice to be homosexual, but it might be a choice to continue being homosexual; but then, why should we not be gay? Homosexuality does not cause harm in any way that is exclusive to itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by mimefan View Post
    Oh sorry about that. Well I just think that they're nicer because Gay people don't start wars Straight people do

    Pietrisycamollaviadelrechiotemexity.

  7. #432
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Serebiiforums.com (duh!)
    Posts
    717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GentleArtillery View Post
    I'm not sure on how to interpret your posts, but do you think it's a choice to be homosexual because you can do something about it?
    Not just that but a choice one makes when they learn about or are capable of expressing sexuality.
    Let's say there was a young girl placed on an island that only other women inhabited. If she was never told that men existed, how would she be able to be attracted to them? If homosexuality/heterosexuality isn't a choice, then she would be attracted to something she doesn't even know about?

    Then, it's a choice to be black since you can go through an operation so that you become white.
    Being black or white is definitely not chosen from birth. Otherwise, yeah, it would technically be a choice to remain either way thereafter.

    It's not a choice to be homosexual, but it might be a choice to continue being homosexual; but then, why should we not be gay? Homosexuality does not cause harm in any way that is exclusive to itself.
    Too much anal can cause hemorrhoids. Some religions also consider it a sin.
    Last edited by Tyranny of Tyranitar; 16th March 2008 at 3:50 PM. Reason: lag...
    Dedicated to my beloved friend, Tyranny the Tyranitar

    With its indestructable body, it is bound to rule all.....

    Has for now, have a nice day!
        Spoiler:- info about me:

  8. #433
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyranny of Tyranitar View Post
    Not just that but a choice one makes when they learn about or are capable of expressing sexuality.
    Let's say there was a young girl placed on an island that only other women inhabited. If she was never told that men existed, how would she be able to be attracted to them? If homosexuality/heterosexuality isn't a choice, then she would be attracted to something she doesn't even know about?
    Exactly, your sexual preference derives from different factors: environment, for one. I believe one's sexual preference develops in the same way as creativity/charisma/etc.

    Being black or white is definitely not chosen from birth. Otherwise, yeah, it would technically be a choice to remain either way thereafter.
    So if something is not a choice, it must have been so from birth?

    Too much anal can cause hemorrhoids. Some religions also consider it a sin.
    And anal sex is exclusive to homosexuality. And religion is a matter much too ambiguous to use as an argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by mimefan View Post
    Oh sorry about that. Well I just think that they're nicer because Gay people don't start wars Straight people do

    Pietrisycamollaviadelrechiotemexity.

  9. #434
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Je vous jetterez en prison.
    Posts
    3,242

    Default

    people don't always hate gays, they just don't approve of them. It's kind of wierd to have a friend of the same gender that is gay. Ya know?

  10. #435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyranny of Tyranitar View Post
    What would be the reason to eat a lot of lettuce if you didn't like it?
    To change your ways because people don't approve of your ice cream eating because it is a sin. People have done it. It's possible, but that does not mean it's easy or necessary.

    **** lettuce. Ice cream is the way to go. 8)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidogod View Post
    That's pretty awesome that she thinks she can cry her way out of eating her 10 year old child alive.
    one sentence porn meme!

    pokemon anon kink meme! careful it's rated 'r' for 'really sexy'

  11. #436
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mudkip View Post
    people don't always hate gays, they just don't approve of them. It's kind of wierd to have a friend of the same gender that is gay. Ya know?
    How?
    I have several female friends who are heterosexual. I'm homosexual. I don't find it weird at all.

    And why should someone not approve of homosexuality?
    Quote Originally Posted by mimefan View Post
    Oh sorry about that. Well I just think that they're nicer because Gay people don't start wars Straight people do

    Pietrisycamollaviadelrechiotemexity.

  12. #437
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Pwning Noobs...
    Posts
    13

    Default

    The hatred torward gays comes from how afraid many people are of things out of the normal. Now, I'm not saying that everyone is like that, just a lot of people are truly. Not quite, but in a way like a new, odd, kid at a school. He just came and is a bit odd to everyone else, but not a lot of the kids try to make him feel welcome. It is a sad thing. But it will most likely be around forever. Or at least until we can realize that differences don't matter. :P

  13. #438
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    into that good night
    Posts
    10,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyranny of Tyranitar
    Too much anal can cause hemorrhoids. Some religions also consider it a sin.
    Hahahahahahaha!

    Quote Originally Posted by sanjay120
    To change your ways because people don't approve of your ice cream eating because it is a sin.
    WhahaHahahahahahahaha!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Heroo
    They aren't like, aliens, but they are human, an as far as I know each human is equivalent to eachother, none is superior above another.
    See? Now why is it so hard to just leave it at this and be happy with whoever you are?

    Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

  14. #439
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Beautiful river of BLOOD. Ham.
    Posts
    879

    Default

    If you think about it gays are people too you know and I go by the fact that if you detest gays so much than you should suffocate because gays are as big a problem as straights so if straights aren't a problem then gays shouldn't be either. I mean really it's not like gays randomly torture dogs and eat them alive is there, gays are much nicer than straights.

  15. #440
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mimefan View Post
    I mean really it's not like gays randomly torture dogs and eat them alive is there, gays are much nicer than straights.
    No. That hardly relates to sexual preference. I'm sure there are plenty of homosexuals who recreationally torture animals.
    Quote Originally Posted by mimefan View Post
    Oh sorry about that. Well I just think that they're nicer because Gay people don't start wars Straight people do

    Pietrisycamollaviadelrechiotemexity.

  16. #441
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Beautiful river of BLOOD. Ham.
    Posts
    879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GentleArtillery View Post
    No. That hardly relates to sexual preference. I'm sure there are plenty of homosexuals who recreationally torture animals.
    I'm talking about that not all of them do. Read the whole post. Jeez!

  17. #442
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mimefan View Post
    I'm talking about that not all of them do. Read the whole post. Jeez!
    I read the whole post. The "gays are much nicer than straights", part was the one I was arguing against.
    Quote Originally Posted by mimefan View Post
    Oh sorry about that. Well I just think that they're nicer because Gay people don't start wars Straight people do

    Pietrisycamollaviadelrechiotemexity.

  18. #443
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ridley-X4 View Post
    I really don't. People say it's "a sin" or "an abonination of the lord", but what did the gays REALLY do to you? Exactly.

    What do I think? I think that people like to pretend everyone has the same sexual interests. When they come across something different, sometimes it's easier to fear/hate them, then to actually understand. Presidential hopeful Mike Huckabee even wanted to make an amendment to ban gay marrige. How could you deny rights to an entire group of people? That's as bad as having blacks do slavery, or women not being able to vote.

    If a tigress can get along with piglets, why can't we get along with gays/bis? You guys treat them like they're terrorists. Well you know what? I'm bloody sick of the discrimination and prejudice of these living, breathing, human beings. I'm going to kick reason to the curb and ask for a legitimate reason why. You say it's "bad", but how? How does it affect you/them?

    Is being gay honestly bad, or is it all just because being homo/bisexual isn't as popular as being hetero? I think if you hate on god's creations simply because you're going to feel closer to the lord, then it's you who are going to hell. For prejudice. Hatred. And slander. To god's very own, mortal creations.

    For shame.
    Oh my, what a topic! Allow me to shed some light on this. To be able to answer this question properly, research must be done. History must be read, religion must be discussed, etc.

    One of the reasons homosexuality is hated is because people fear it. Ever heard the saying "What we do not understand, we destroy"? It is all so very true! People, typically Americans and Mexico, are fairly adamant about hating gay people because they may look strictly to the bible for answers and completely ignore understanding.

    (For the record, religion enables us to enjoy the lack of understanding)

    For individuals, secondly, it may be for personal reasons. Maybe someone felt insecure and vulnerable around a homosexual. In other words, some people are afraid they may LIKE being gay. And well, lets face it... being gay in religious areas has its consequences. This fear may be reinforced by siblings, parents, friends, elders, government and/or religion. To counter ANY chances they may be gay, certain individuals will be very aggressive towards gay people, thus justifying themselves and their homo-free life.

    Well, I can go on. Anyone want to add something else before I do?
    My name is KS and I'm an Ace PKMN Breeder!
    For the right price, I’ll breed almost anything you want! My demands are reasonable and NOT Farfetch'd
    Pearl FC: 4039 3085 7033

  19. #444
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Beautiful river of BLOOD. Ham.
    Posts
    879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GentleArtillery View Post
    I read the whole post. The "gays are much nicer than straights", part was the one I was arguing against.
    Oh sorry about that. Well I just think that they're nicer because Gay people don't start wars Straight people do (I'm straight by the way.)

  20. #445
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mimefan View Post
    Oh sorry about that. Well I just think that they're nicer because Gay people don't start wars Straight people do
    I'm going to sig this (:

    Oh my, what a topic! Allow me to shed some light on this. To be able to answer this question properly, research must be done. History must be read, religion must be discussed, etc.

    One of the reasons homosexuality is hated is because people fear it. Ever heard the saying "What we do not understand, we destroy"? It is all so very true! People, typically Americans and Mexico, are fairly adamant about hating gay people because they may look strictly to the bible for answers and completely ignore understanding.

    (For the record, religion enables us to enjoy the lack of understanding)

    For individuals, secondly, it may be for personal reasons. Maybe someone felt insecure and vulnerable around a homosexual. In other words, some people are afraid they may LIKE being gay. And well, lets face it... being gay in religious areas has its consequences. This fear may be reinforced by siblings, parents, friends, elders, government and/or religion. To counter ANY chances they may be gay, certain individuals will be very aggressive towards gay people, thus justifying themselves and their homo-free life.

    Well, I can go on. Anyone want to add something else before I do?
    Yes, those are very probable causes. But then, why do people not want people to think that there's any chance that they are gay? Because homosexuality is frowned upon.
    Quote Originally Posted by mimefan View Post
    Oh sorry about that. Well I just think that they're nicer because Gay people don't start wars Straight people do

    Pietrisycamollaviadelrechiotemexity.

  21. #446
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Great Neck,NY
    Posts
    357

    Default

    i think the whole gay hate thing is dumb, its just like any discrimination in history.
    from personal experience, i have a friend i recently found out is gay and hes coming on to me, even though i have someone >_> then again im probably mad cause he annoys me in general, but thats besides the point
    regardless i dont care if someone is gay, and to not allow them to be happy because of beliefs from ancient times is a violation of human rights.

    I have claimed PikachuxBuneary/Mimiroru, aka Lagomorphshipping!

    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)
    I support Pearlshipping, Lagomorphshipping, and Pikashipping

  22. #447
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GentleArtillery View Post
    I'm going to sig this (:



    Yes, those are very probable causes. But then, why do people not want people to think that there's any chance that they are gay? Because homosexuality is frowned upon.
    I absolutely agree. And to the other guy above me, you're cool. Rock on.
    My name is KS and I'm an Ace PKMN Breeder!
    For the right price, I’ll breed almost anything you want! My demands are reasonable and NOT Farfetch'd
    Pearl FC: 4039 3085 7033

  23. #448
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Beautiful river of BLOOD. Ham.
    Posts
    879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GentleArtillery View Post
    I'm going to sig this (:



    Yes, those are very probable causes. But then, why do people not want people to think that there's any chance that they are gay? Because homosexuality is frowned upon.
    Wait is sigging it bad or is it good?

  24. #449
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Tree Of Beginning
    Posts
    9

    Default

    i think there is no "wrong" choice in life but what you choose leads to your fate
    It is believed to be the ancestor of ALL pokemon. Myuu is the Original One. Myuu is higher in power than Arceus. Myuu holding mind plate goes up against an Arceus. Myuu uses transform and copies attacks including judgement and ability. Myuu uses judgement. This explains how Myuu can use Arceus's moves against him and win.

  25. #450
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mimefan View Post
    Wait is sigging it bad or is it good?
    Whenever someone has made an extraordinary post, they are bound to find that someone else has sigged them. Kudos to you ^^ It's good, simply put.

    i think there is no "wrong" choice in life but what you choose leads to your fate
    This seems very vague. Please explain further.
    Quote Originally Posted by mimefan View Post
    Oh sorry about that. Well I just think that they're nicer because Gay people don't start wars Straight people do

    Pietrisycamollaviadelrechiotemexity.

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •