Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost Leader Strategy! (534)

Hybrid View

Default Lost Leader Strategy! (534)

Lucario & The Aura Sphere of Rage

Finally at Veilstone City, Ash & co. meet the gym leader of the town Maylene. Ash hastily challenges her to a gym battle, to which she declines as she has lost faith in herself due to her recent loss to Paul. Her Lucario is angered by this, and Paul's brother arrives to help out...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Though I haven't heard it from a credible sourse, apparently Muku.Bird is still the bird...

I also hear that Paul has a Magmar! >:| I hate that. Well atleast its the type of Pokemon that fits his description of a real Pokemon.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

So, Maylene only took down one of Paul's Pokemon - leading to her depression -, Ash wants to teach Staravia Brave Bird after seeing Reiji's Staraptor use it in a match against Pikachu, and Reiji apparently defeated the Battle Frontier.
    My fanfictions
    Advanceshipping: Final Challenge
    Pikashipping: Raikou's Test, Emotions
    Pearlshipping: Searching for Truth
    Other: Reaching Out, Welcome Home

Quote Originally Posted by Matkin22 View Post
    So, Maylene only took down one of Paul's Pokemon - leading to her depression -, Ash wants to teach Staravia Brave Bird after seeing Reiji's Staraptor use it in a match against Pikachu, and Reiji apparently defeated the Battle Frontier.
    Really? That is so cool, the brave bird part, well and the battle fronier too.... and the magmar part, I wanted magby!

HAHA I knew she was depressed!(Maylenne), I got the reason why she will challenge Dawn right =D

EDIT: I just realized this, If staravia is learning a new attack that means... WAY MORE MUKU.SCREENTIME!

Now am I happy or am I super happy?
    Last edited by niedude; 7th February 2008 at 4:12 PM.

Paul did say that he searches for a good fire-type.
    Him with Magmortar and Electervire = win.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarofl View Post
    Paul did say that he searches for a good fire-type.
    Him with Magmortar and Electervire = win.
    I'm just seing a *cough*tivo'd*cough* epi right now, and everyone was super escited when they saw rukario, ESPECIALLY Ash!

Do you blame Ash? When he first met a Lucario, it was Sir Aaron's so he'd be stoked to see it. ^^

I sure hope we get some more answers soon!

Bryon
    "Looks like you're about to get pwned."

I don't care about EVs. If you don't either, copy and paste this into your sig. (Started by Shiny Metagross)

Quote Originally Posted by Bryon View Post
    Do you blame Ash? When he first met a Lucario, it was Sir Aaron's so he'd be stoked to see it. ^^

I sure hope we get some more answers soon!

Bryon
    Yeah.... But hey that lucario has some bad mood, pretty bad-***. I think he was refusing to stop attacking maylenne or something, don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by niedude View Post
    Yeah.... But hey that lucario has some bad mood, pretty bad-***. I think he was refusing to stop attacking maylenne or something, don't you?
    PReview seems to imply that. My guess is he was mad at Maylene's funk. But I get where she's comin' from, since it seems she only took down 1 of Paul's Pokemon and he took down all of hers so easily.

Bryon

I don't care about EVs. If you don't either, copy and paste this into your sig. (Started by Shiny Metagross)

What's the deal with Honchkrow is it Paul's?
    3DS Friend code:1246-9040-8906
    Friend Safari: Ghost: Shuppet, Phantump, and Spiritomb

I wonder if that means Ash will use his Charizard to defeat Paul's Magmar IN THE VERY HEART OF THE VOLCANO ITSELF!

^ MOTHAFUKEN CHARIZARD IN DA HOUSE

Ash's Staravia gets repeatedly hit on the head while trying to learn Brave Bird y/n

Yeah. Did he evolve Murkrow into Honchkrow off-camera?

Bryon

Yeah paul, evolved murkrow off-screen, because we only see a flashback of paul's gymbattle:

meditite vs honchkrow
    Honchkrow wins with sky attack
    machoke vs honchkrow
    draw with sky attack and dynamic punch
    lucario vs magmar
    magmar wins with fire punch and fire spin

Figures.

I look forward to seeing the episode itself as well as seeing the preview to 535.

Bryon

i can't wait for the pictures to be posted online, this one seems like a good one
    3DS Friend code:1246-9040-8906
    Friend Safari: Ghost: Shuppet, Phantump, and Spiritomb

Very interesting, reijis pkmn and his defeat of the battle frontier is interesting as well

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter,
    put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360

Quote Originally Posted by neo_senku View Post
    Very interesting, reijis pkmn and his defeat of the battle frontier is interesting as well
    actually he didn't beat the frontier cause he only had six of the seven symbols/

I'm not fond of the fact that Muku.BIRD lost it's...what is it?...4th official battle? But if that's what has to be done in order to get it to pull off some massive Muku majesty later down the line, then I suppose it's a sacrifice that has to be made. He at least put up a good fight against Swalot from what I heard, giving the stomach pokémon a good thrashing and taking a fully charged Spit Up, still having enough strength to pull off a last ditch Aerial Ace.

^apparently he did, and it knocked out Meditite but then drew to Machoke, and yes he did use a Magmar to flat out destroy Lucario in the gym battle as well.

Lol part between Pikachu piplup and the electabuzz, boy where they angry at each other.

As for the other battle Gligar tried to suffocate Ash and he told it watch.(sigh* let it fight already!) Turtwig beat the beaver, Staravia lost yet again to Swalot, and Pikachu defeated Reji's Staraptor, I don't know if Ash intends to train the bird to learn brave bird or not(it would be a good start towards redemption) or if Reji just said it'll get the move someday.

Also worth noting Ash was really excited when he first saw Lucario..he even knew what the aura sphere was when it came flying at them at the start of the episode...coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    ^apparently he did, and it knocked out Meditite but then drew to Machoke, and yes he did use a Magmar to flat out destroy Lucario in the gym battle as well.

Lol part between Pikachu piplup and the electabuzz, boy where they angry at each other.

As for the other battle Gligar tried to suffocate Ash and he told it watch.(sigh* let it fight already!) Turtwig beat the beaver, Staravia lost yet again to Swalot, and Pikachu defeated Reji's Staraptor, I don't know if Ash intends to train the bird to learn brave bird or not(it would be a good start towards redemption) or if Reji just said it'll get the move someday.

Also worth noting Ash was really excited when he first saw Lucario..he even knew what the aura sphere was when it came flying at them at the start of the episode...coincidence?
    Well at least we'll get to see more of Staravia. Heh, I really can't imagine Bidoof/Bibarel being strong enough to beat ANYONE in the battle fronteir.

Darn, why does Staravia have to lose so much?
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Darn, why does Staravia have to lose so much?
    Because it's a bird and none of the birds do something until they evolve completely.

I have to admit that this episode had to be one of my favorites. XD

- I honestly loved Lucario's short temper and violent tendencies when Maylene was all depressed.

- The scuffle between Electabuzz, Pikachu, and Piplup was amusing in itself.

- Jessie trying to bribe Lucario with a chocolate bar

- Lucario's temper getting the best of it and leading it to create a bone club and perform a homerun with Team Rocket. Now THAT was my favorite moment ever.

- Gligar attaching itself to Ash's face, and Turtwig jumping up and nibbling Ash's arm. XD
    Male or Female? You just never know, and that's one of the greatest things about these two~

A couple of things I think of now I know more about Paul's list of pokemon and other things people mentioned in this episode:

With Pauls team looking more and more like Ash's team in terms of pokemon type that Sinnoh league face-off looks like its destined to happen. (Duh!!) Not that was any suprise with the amount of face time Paul gets in the series.

I am going to predict a Magmortor/InfernoApe finish to that Sinnoh battle. Who will be the strongest pokemon?

I really thought if any of Ash's team was going to leave it would be Staravia/StarRaptor. However if Ash is going to teach it BraveBird (One of the strongest, if not the strongest of all bird attack moves I am not so sure).

well im glad Staravia might get some more screentime by learning brave bird.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast