Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost Leader Strategy! (534)

Quote Originally Posted by Matkin22 View Post
    Hmm, Shinji already had 6 Pokemon on his team before Magmar. It seems that he left Electabuzz with Reiji to make room for Magmar, which is pretty surprising. I wonder how Shinji will feel when he learns that Ash was in his house!

Man, Maylene and Lucario are going through some serious training. And my bad, I'm pretty sure all of those badges and symbols are Shinji's, not Reiji's. So Ash beat Shinji in at least one thing then, the Battle Frontier. Did anybody else notice that it looked as if Shinji already has all eight Sinnoh badges?

Naetle vs. Beadull
    Naetle uses an Energy Ball, which Beadull destroyes with a Super/Hyper Fang. Beadull then uses some sort of sleep attack. It gets coloured in a purple light and is surrounded by a green powder that rises from the grass. The identical light comes up from the grass underneath Naetle, and it falls asleep. Beadull then uses an attack that looks like it does some recoil damage (Double-Edge or Take Down?), and Naetle wakes up. Beadull tries to use the Fang attack again, but Naetle dodges. It uses Razor Leaf and then starts to use Energy Ball again. Beadull uses Ice Beam, but Naetle dodges and the Energy Ball hits, making Naetle the winner. Naetle finishes off with a nice nibble on Ash's arm
    It's Naetoru, if you don't know its jp name use his english name, turtwig.

Mukkubird vs. Marunoom
    Mukkubird starts off with an Aerial Ace. It hits, and Marunoom stockpiles 1. Mukkubird comes right back with a Wing Attack that hits, and Marunoom stockpiles 2. Mukkubird goes in for an Aerial Ace, and Marunoom unleashes a Spit-Up. Amazingly, Mukkubird manages to keep going and tries a third Aerial Ace. Marunoo counters with Sludge Bomb, and that's it for the Bird.

Pikachu vs. Mukkuhawk
    Pikachu starts off with Thunderbolt, but Mukkuhawk dodges easily and counters with an attack that causes fire to surround it. Pikachu jumps towards it and tries Buneary's patented spin-dodge, but the fire vanishes and Mukkuhawk is covered by a blue aura (Brave Bird?) that smashes into Pikachu. It drives Pikachu into the ground (where there is an explosion), and Mukkuhawk jumps back into the air, but it's been affected by Static. Mkkuhawk goes in for an attack, but Pikachu dodges by hitting the ground with Iron Tail. It then uses Volt Tackle, and Mukkuhawk uses a glowing-wing thing (Wing Attack? Steel Wing?). The two attacks collide, but Mukkuhawk is the one knocked out.

The first attack was opbviously brave bird, since the animation was a dive delved into flames and then a blue aura, ending with an extremely cool collision. The other were Steel wings, since the wings hardened and shone before turning into light... Both times. Also explais why Pikachu jumped instead o thunderbolting it, since thunderbolting a steel winged bird did not go well last time...
    Well, we obviously did not see the same epi... That was not Paul's electabuzz, paul's electabuzz is grumpy, extremelly bad humoured and purposelly shocks other pokemon without orders (the tag battles, he shocked pikachu without Paul even looking at it). This electabuzz has a huge sense of humour, seems happy go lucky (involved in a fight with piplup and pikachu only to laugh and perch at a tree) the things laughs more than Hoeen's electric gym leader, whats his name? Wattson!

Those badges are Reigi's,obviously, since Paul said he left sinnoh as soon as he got his starter. And since Roark did not know him, I bet those are Reigi's.

The rest is in the quote itself.
    Last edited by niedude; 7th February 2008 at 5:54 PM.

Yeah, a guy over at bulba says the Electabuzz is Pauls, and that Paul left it and asked Reiji to take care of it.

I don't believe it though. I just don't see Paul dumping electabuzz with his sinnoh evo this early, and Paul's Electabuzz is always fierce. The Electabuzz who appeared here was laughing all the time. Can't be Paul's badass Electabuzz.

I totally agree, guys. It could be Reiji's.

And for what we know , Reiji is WAAAAAY different than Paul.

Bryon,
    "Looks like you're about to get pwned."

I don't care about EVs. If you don't either, copy and paste this into your sig. (Started by Shiny Metagross)

But how can Paul have 7 pokemon? Unless he released Gliscor, Ursaring, or Electabuzz...

Quote Originally Posted by Electivire Addict View Post
    But how can Paul have 7 pokemon? Unless he released Gliscor, Ursaring, or Electabuzz...
    Is it that hard to understand he dumped ursaring?

Well i think the electabuzz belongs to Paul because Pikachu seems to know him & also it was afraid of Reiji's. Well i think the badges belong to Reiji though i am not sure. Can someone tell what Brock asked Reiji when he saw the badges. Brave Bird looked a lot cool to me (first covered in flame & then the blue aura). And at last Staravia lost again, when will the writers give it a break, the poor bird had been tormented alot already let it get a nice win for a change. Also the look on Staravia face was priceless when it saw Reiji's Staraptor.

Edit:- I think the attack Bibarel used which made Turtwig fall asleep was Secret Power.
    Last edited by Lucario At Service; 7th February 2008 at 6:12 PM.

I saw the episode myself and Ash asked Pikachu if it was pauls and he was given a nod.

Besides paul did have six pokemon on him at the time so how would he had gotten magmar aboard otherwise?

It's not like Electrivire would've stood out much considering we've see Gary's already and now people can get thier precious electrivire vs magmortar fight should Gary and Paul meet.

^I do hope that by training the bird it will be able to redeem it's butt finally cause this is getting to be rediculious, of course i have a feeling there's gonna be evo speculations yet again just like with Turtwig and energy ball...

Also anyone think Chimchar and Gligar might be the other two in Ash's battle, cause he had both of them watch his match with Reji.
    Last edited by Almighty Zard; 7th February 2008 at 6:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    Well i think the electabuzz belongs to Paul because Pikachu seems to know him & also it was afraid of Reiji's. Well i think the badges belong to Reiji though i am not sure. Can someone tell what Brock asked Reiji when he saw the badges. Brave Bird looked a lot cool to me (first covered in flame & then the blue aura). And at last Staravia lost again, when will the writers give it a break, the poor bird had been tormented alot already let it get a nice win for a change. Also the look on Staravia face was priceless when it saw Reiji's Staraptor.
    Really what'd it look like I wanna see it(the birds face seeing staraptor). I can't wait please get on the ball and upload the pics and the episode and the next preview please My Avatar's going bannanas over waiting.

That'd make sense, Zard. ANd I also figure Buizel may choose to step up since he loves a good fight, even if he's been used for things other than fighting.

Bryon
    "Looks like you're about to get pwned."

I don't care about EVs. If you don't either, copy and paste this into your sig. (Started by Shiny Metagross)

This episode looks like a good 'un!! Can't wait for the pictures to be posted!!
    You don't think
    there will be any
    Ruby/Sapphire remakes?

The fact that Ash knew and was incredibly excited about Lucario gives me a nice fuzzy feeling inside. I'm not sure why exactly.
    Male or Female? You just never know, and that's one of the greatest things about these two~

Unless we were shown Paul capturing the Magmar, I'll wager that he had it all along and just kept it at Vielstone and he, like Gary, rotates his Pokemon (Gee Ash, whats so bad about that thats stopping you from doing it?)
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by niedude
    Well, we obviously did not see the same epi... That was not Paul's electabuzz, paul's electabuzz is grumpy, extremelly bad humoured and purposelly shocks other pokemon without orders (the tag battles, he shocked pikachu without Paul even looking at it). This electabuzz has a huge sense of humour, seems happy go lucky (involved in a fight with piplup and pikachu only to laugh and perch at a tree)
    Would you like to change your response, now that I've been proven right?

Quote Originally Posted by niedude
    Is it that hard to understand he dumped ursaring?
    Is it so hard to understand that he didn't? Were we even watching the same show?
    Last edited by Matkin22; 7th February 2008 at 7:26 PM.
    My fanfictions
    Advanceshipping: Final Challenge
    Pikashipping: Raikou's Test, Emotions
    Pearlshipping: Searching for Truth
    Other: Reaching Out, Welcome Home

Quote Originally Posted by Matkin22 View Post
    Would you like to change your response, now that I've been proven right?

Is it so hard to understand that he didn't? Were we even watching the same show?
    I change my response? Whatever... Yes, I don't know how Paul's bad *** electabuzz changed so much but apparently, the one at regi's is Shinji's

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    I saw the episode myself and Ash asked Pikachu if it was pauls and he was given a nod.

Besides paul did have six pokemon on him at the time so how would he had gotten magmar aboard otherwise?

It's not like Electrivire would've stood out much considering we've see Gary's already and now people can get thier precious electrivire vs magmortar fight should Gary and Paul meet.

^I do hope that by training the bird it will be able to redeem it's butt finally cause this is getting to be rediculious, of course i have a feeling there's gonna be evo speculations yet again just like with Turtwig and energy ball...

Also anyone think Chimchar and Gligar might be the other two in Ash's battle, cause he had both of them watch his match with Reji.
    Where did you see it at?

So I guess all the Muku family is bound to be defeated. Those birds, always one step down from the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    ^apparently he did, and it knocked out Meditite but then drew to Machoke, and yes he did use a Magmar to flat out destroy Lucario in the gym battle as well.

Lol part between Pikachu piplup and the electabuzz, boy where they angry at each other.

As for the other battle Gligar tried to suffocate Ash and he told it watch.(sigh* let it fight already!) Turtwig beat the beaver, Staravia lost yet again to Swalot, and Pikachu defeated Reji's Staraptor, I don't know if Ash intends to train the bird to learn brave bird or not(it would be a good start towards redemption) or if Reji just said it'll get the move someday.

Also worth noting Ash was really excited when he first saw Lucario..he even knew what the aura sphere was when it came flying at them at the start of the episode...coincidence?
    Well at least we'll get to see more of Staravia. Heh, I really can't imagine Bidoof/Bibarel being strong enough to beat ANYONE in the battle fronteir.

Darn, why does Staravia have to lose so much?
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Darn, why does Staravia have to lose so much?
    Because it's a bird and none of the birds do something until they evolve completely.

I have to admit that this episode had to be one of my favorites. XD

- I honestly loved Lucario's short temper and violent tendencies when Maylene was all depressed.

- The scuffle between Electabuzz, Pikachu, and Piplup was amusing in itself.

- Jessie trying to bribe Lucario with a chocolate bar

- Lucario's temper getting the best of it and leading it to create a bone club and perform a homerun with Team Rocket. Now THAT was my favorite moment ever.

- Gligar attaching itself to Ash's face, and Turtwig jumping up and nibbling Ash's arm. XD
    Male or Female? You just never know, and that's one of the greatest things about these two~

A couple of things I think of now I know more about Paul's list of pokemon and other things people mentioned in this episode:

With Pauls team looking more and more like Ash's team in terms of pokemon type that Sinnoh league face-off looks like its destined to happen. (Duh!!) Not that was any suprise with the amount of face time Paul gets in the series.

I am going to predict a Magmortor/InfernoApe finish to that Sinnoh battle. Who will be the strongest pokemon?

I really thought if any of Ash's team was going to leave it would be Staravia/StarRaptor. However if Ash is going to teach it BraveBird (One of the strongest, if not the strongest of all bird attack moves I am not so sure).

Quote Originally Posted by niedude View Post
    Well, we obviously did not see the same epi... That was not Paul's electabuzz, paul's electabuzz is grumpy, extremelly bad humoured and purposelly shocks other pokemon without orders (the tag battles, he shocked pikachu without Paul even looking at it). This electabuzz has a huge sense of humour, seems happy go lucky (involved in a fight with piplup and pikachu only to laugh and perch at a tree) the things laughs more than Hoeen's electric gym leader, whats his name? Wattson!

Those badges are Reigi's,obviously, since Paul said he left sinnoh as soon as he got his starter. And since Roark did not know him, I bet those are Reigi's.

The rest is in the quote itself.
    Meh, that's pretty unique for an Electabuzz.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Is it possible that Paul's pkmn are only cold like paul, when they are around him?

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter,
    put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360

Either that or Paul had never Reiji'd Electabuzz before, and Electabuzz's extremely jolly and friendly personality when Ash & co saw it were part of its reaction that finding out that not all Trainers were like Paul, heh.

I'd love to see Paul find out that some of his pokemon apparently change personalities when they're not around him. He'd be so ****** . . .

I have to say that I don't think Gligar will be used in the Gym match with Maylene. If Ash is still getting it used to the idea of battling, I don't think there's much chance that even he will use it in something as important as a Gym match. Not to mention that we still don't know most of its movepool, and Ash seems like he will concentrate on training Staravia before the match, not Gligar.

On the other hand, it's beginning to look like Ash will definitely use Staravia for the Gym match, and it might even put in a win or two. I hope so, I definitely want to see the bird in that Gym and get to have a good win.
    PLEASE feed Farfetch'd sour (yellow) berries!

Do any of you think that Paul was asked to be a Battle Frontier Brain like Ash did? Well whatever what is dawn thinking? A Piplup v a Lucario... wow... Piplup will have his bird brains beaten out. If not there is somthing wrong with this anime.
    All i know is i hope Ash gets the Riolu egg TEN TIMES more now!
    I sense an evolution coming soon for one of Ash's pokemon or at least i hope so its about freaking time. I am soooooooo excited to see Ash and Maylenes battle!
    Pikachu was freaking awesome as well against that staraptor.

So i also take it that Renji knew who Ash was because of Paul talking about him and Pikachu. Wow what is up with Paul and his werid obsession with Pikachu but who could blame him after that kick butt tag team battle where pikachu freaking owned!<3
    Last edited by Poke'T<3; 7th February 2008 at 8:40 PM.
    You had way too many outside images and your signature was overstacking, so everything was erased. Please read the signature rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Poke'T<3 View Post
    Do any of you think that Paul was asked to be a Battle Frontier Brain like Ash did?
    Probably not, since only 6 symbols were won.
    My fanfictions
    Advanceshipping: Final Challenge
    Pikashipping: Raikou's Test, Emotions
    Pearlshipping: Searching for Truth
    Other: Reaching Out, Welcome Home

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast