Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost Leader Strategy! (534)

Well, I suppose Paul was bound to come from one hell of a powerful family. The Electabuzz thing is kinda weird, but if Reiji sticks around for the rest of the arc there's bound to be more on Electabuzz to come. Who knows, could Electabuzz be the first pokemon to be shown WILLINGLY abandoning their trainer, and adding insult to injury by joining Paul's brother? Paul's Honchkrow and Magmar are cool additions, and I'm sure we'll see some cool battles with those guys.
    By the way, what's with all the ursaring hatred? I like him personally- not everyone's team has to be full of Sinnoh pokemon- Brock, Nando and Kenny all have pokemon who not only aren't from this generation but aren't going to evolve into any either.
    I'm really hope I'm right about Electabuzz choosing to leave Paul's ownership- that's one thing we would definitely have not seen coming back in Episode 3!

It's not that weird that he'd let his powerhouse in training, like Ash does with Charizard.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryon View Post
    That'd make sense, Zard. ANd I also figure Buizel may choose to step up since he loves a good fight, even if he's been used for things other than fighting.

Bryon
    Buizel's obviously going to get the spotlight in the battle against Crasher, and some of Ash's Pokemon need this one more than it anyway.

well, we know buizel is facing off against lucario...hence the episode name:

DP 68: Veilstone Gym! Lucario VS Buizel!

just gotta wait and see if there are any other pokes used, and which ones...

whoahh.....buizel vs. lucario? wow..

saw the ep. and its great!

can't wait for dp 67!

Credit for the banner goes to Pino

FC's:

diamond (trades): 2320-4797-1369
    platinum (battles): 1977-7625-0749

btw the whole Full Rivalry theme is almost complete

Magmar - Chimchar
    Torterra - Turtwig
    Electabuzz - Pikachu
    Gliscor - Gligar
    Honchkrow - Staravia

Now Paul needs a Water-Type to counter Buizel. I suspect either Feraligatr, Crawdaunt, or Gyarados for that. THough Weavile might cover it KINDA... :S

Bryon
    "Looks like you're about to get pwned."

I don't care about EVs. If you don't either, copy and paste this into your sig. (Started by Shiny Metagross)

Quote Originally Posted by Matkin22 View Post
    Probably not, since only 6 symbols were won.
    Who wants to bet that Ash will rub winning 7 symbols in Paul's face.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Who wants to bet that Ash will rub winning 7 symbols in Paul's face.
    Though, seeing how Ash's plaque containing the symbols is way back in Kanto, I really doubt that Paul would even consider believing that Ash could even consider competing in it. That and Paul would probably try and use an excuse like: "You probably just got lucky", or "Did you have to bribe them or something". Basically, Paul would never believe in something like that.

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Plus the fact that they're all actually Reiji's, and not Shinji's as some (myself included) initially thought.
    My fanfictions
    Advanceshipping: Final Challenge
    Pikashipping: Raikou's Test, Emotions
    Pearlshipping: Searching for Truth
    Other: Reaching Out, Welcome Home

Well did Ash mention about seeing Lucario previously.
    The reason why i think Electabuzz was acting that way was i think because it was afraid of Reiji. Also the way Paul defeated Lucario, i think he might make a mental note that Lucario is a weak pokemon. If this is true, then the chance of Ash getting a Lucario will increase more.
    Also when Jessie tried to lure Lucario with a chocolate bar it kind off reminded me of the movie where Max tried to cheer Lucario with Chocolate & at the end Aaron & Lucario sharing a Chocolate in the credits.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    Also the way Paul defeated Lucario, i think he might make a mental note that Lucario is a weak pokemon. If this is true, then the chance of Ash getting a Lucario will increase more.
    Positively sterling logic there, chum.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Actually I think that was Electabuzz's true personality since he is with Reiji. Around Paul, like his other Pokemon, it's a mindless powerhouse.

Here are some pics (don't ask where i got them because i can't say, sorry ),

Edit:- Some people might get interested in seeing the first pic, so i posted it.
    Last edited by Lucario At Service; 8th February 2008 at 7:54 AM.

whats bibrael using? natural power?

^ Well thats the attack which caused Turtwig to fall asleep. I don't think it could be Yawn, but i think there is a high possibility that the attack is Secret Power.

Edit:- I just noticed this, When Maylene & Lucario are having there fight, the background music is alot similar to the background music we had in movie 8 for Lucario's fight.
    Last edited by Lucario At Service; 8th February 2008 at 8:08 AM.

I'm still not keen on Reiji's design. He's a male version of that freaky girl from Croagunk's debut episode. As anticipated, we got some good Movie 8 BGM with Lucario, and I'm glad Ash was able to recognize what Lucario was before scanning it. Gardenia may have had an entertaining personality, but I wouldn't say she was really developed. Maylene looks to be receiving actual development.

The battle between Ash and Reiji was pretty good, in spite of Muku.BIRD getting shot out of the sky by an unholy beam of light from a mutant stomach. When Bibarel started glowing purple and demonic green flames arose around it, I seriously started thinking it was summoning its underworld army of Bidoofs, even though that joke died a year ago.
    Edit:- Some people might get interested in seeing the first pic, so i posted it.
    Personally, that fourth pic intrigues me so much more.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    Here are some pics (don't ask where i got them because i can't say, sorry ),

wow, electabuzz looks like a completely different pkmn, if not stated in the episode there is no way i could believe it was Paul's

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter,
    put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360

Well i also liked how they showed the effect of increase in Defences when Swalot used Stockpile & how the effect wore off once Spit Up was used.
    During the fight of Staraptor & Pikachu when Staraptor used the Brave Bird attack, after the attack was completed was Staraptor effected by Pikachu's static ability or was it the recoil from using the Brave Bird attack (i mean the blue spark it had after completing the attack)

Edit:-
    Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    Well thats what i said about that pic in my yesterday's post S.Suikun. It is priceless.
    Last edited by Lucario At Service; 8th February 2008 at 9:17 AM.

^It looked more like the recoil effect, since it sounded like it was in pain for a split second after the impact.

Ash hasn't flipped at the sight of a Pokemon like he did with Lucario since Torkoal. You can tell he wants one. Its just a matter of if the writers want to give him one. Also, the fact that Gligar hasn't appeared in the opening credits yet leads me to believe that he won't be on the team for long, so it may open up a spot on Ash's roster.
    /////
    Random team made from some of my favorites

The Ash Ketchum Battle Method: Keep swinging until something bad breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    "Only a Muku.Fashion disaster would have a haircut like that!"

The Bird is saying it. The Hawk is thinking it.

Quote Originally Posted by niedude View Post
    It's Naetoru
    Unless your following Serebii's inconsistant romanisations, Naetle is it’s Japanese name. If you want proof, just go and look at all the Japanese Naetle products that have ‘Naetle’ written all over them.
    Last edited by Gravy; 8th February 2008 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lybra View Post
    Ash hasn't flipped at the sight of a Pokemon like he did with Lucario since Torkoal. You can tell he wants one. Its just a matter of if the writers want to give him one.
    Well i agree with you about the Lucario thing. I really feel the way Ash reacted to seeing Lucario i think it points that Ash might get one.

Also, the fact that Gligar hasn't appeared in the opening credits yet leads me to believe that he won't be on the team for long, so it may open up a spot on Ash's roster.
    Well if you see the opening carefully you will notice that neither Ambipom is added in the opening (it still has Aipom with Dawn). This i think like many others on this forum think is because they are soon going to change the Opening theme. Also if you check the Ending theme you will see that Gligar has been added in it.

*Slams face against screen* What?! Are you serious?! That is actually Paul's Electabuzz?! How did it become friendly all of a sudden?!

Huh. Speaking of which, Reiji looks like... that one filler character from that Ponyta episode in Kanto. Must be the hair style and eyebrows. Eh, I might be wrong.

it was not friendly...it just laughed a bit(though in a sarcastic sortta way!). in case u did not know it starts of by zapping piplup just for the fun of it. so u see, it has not really changed. though might have gone through a slight mood change from evolution.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast