Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Lost Leader Strategy! (534)

The dub did great except keeping too little japanese music pieces..I counted only five which is really bad.

otherwise it was good

Great episode!
    I wonder how Ash and Brock knew immediately what a Lucario an
    Aura Sphere were. So do characters remember events from movies
    and acknowledge them in the main anime now?
    FC - 4339-3819-1503
    Safari Type is Bug

Quote Originally Posted by Kenpachi View Post
    Great episode!
    I wonder how Ash and Brock knew immediately what a Lucario an
    Aura Sphere were. So do characters remember events from movies
    and acknowledge them in the main anime now?
    Ya. If you remember, after the group competed in the Whirl Cup, then they were trying to solve the mystery of the Silver Wing. When Ash, Misty, Brock and Ritchie spotted the Baby Lugia, Brock said,"It's exactly like the 1 you guys saw in the Orange Islands."
    Although Brock wasn't in the movie, the group must've told Brock something about the Lugia, and so they'd have to remember the things that happen in a movie.

Great episode. As always, Iwane = Love.

I love how Dawn just basically bullies Ash out of a gym battle.

Liked the obligatory aura references and 8th movie music. Nice touch with the whole Jessie and the chocolate bar scene.

Also nice was Brock asking Reggie about the badges...
    Brock: "Are those badges Paul's?"
    Reggie: "No, Brock they're mine." (walks off)
    Brock: o_O

Edit: Rank up!
    Last edited by Electivirus; 26th July 2008 at 3:23 PM. Reason: Rank up

About that: the Boulder Badge was in Reggie's collection. I wonder if he got it when Brock's dad was in charge (and Brock too busy baby-sitting to watch the battle?) Most of the Kanto badges interest me, especially the Marsh Badge which Gary lacked given how difficult an opponent Sabrina was. I guess I would really like to know the order Reggie obtained them, I assume he went to Kanto etc BEFORE Ash's journey b/c he seems so much older than Paul.

I was very happy to see the dub finally, missed it last week. James' line about "old meeting new" made me smile. It seemed like a shout-out to Rachel appearing in a scene with Team Rocket. Gotta love Maylene's student, Connelly. Big 'sensitive' guys = lols.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludi-Cola View Post
    About that: the Boulder Badge was in Reggie's collection. I wonder if he got it when Brock's dad was in charge (and Brock too busy baby-sitting to watch the battle?) Most of the Kanto badges interest me, especially the Marsh Badge which Gary lacked given how difficult an opponent Sabrina was. I guess I would really like to know the order Reggie obtained them, I assume he went to Kanto etc BEFORE Ash's journey b/c he seems so much older than Paul.
    It kinda bothered me that Brock looked right at those badges and didn't even comment on the boulder badge. Brock's dad was never the leader of the gym, he left to become a Pokemon trainer and didn't come back until the episode Ash and Brock meet.
    Reggie seems to be a lot older than Brock and Paul so Brock had to have been leader when he got it. So where's the
    "Hey Reggie, it sure has been a while"?
    Last edited by Kenpachi; 26th July 2008 at 8:01 PM.
    FC - 4339-3819-1503
    Safari Type is Bug

Quote Originally Posted by Ludi-Cola View Post
    Obviously he didn't battle Brock for it, otherwise Brock would have said something. Also, they do show the order he got them, because if you look at the Johto badges, the Mineral and Storm badges are flipped.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

^^the Brave Symbol is also notably absent...Ash has a one-up on Reggie there!

Quote Originally Posted by TeddiUrsa View Post
    One quick dub-question:

Did Lucario keep his japanese voice or was he dubbed?
    nope...definitely dubbed

Yeah, this episode was great! Lucario was totally owning Dawn's PKMN. And I'm surprise that Staravia quickly learn how to use Brave Bird. I can't wait for the next episode.

I was astoundingly pleased with this dub! One of the best so far! I wonder why Lucario's dub had to be. There was barely any difference from the two besides the fact that you could hear the dubbed "luuuu" or whatever.
    Also the music actually fit! It's unfortunate the US can't use all of the Japanese music due to copyright issues, this was really an episode to applaud TAJ for. *Gasp!
    3DS Friend Code: 2079-6549-2981
    "Let's trade and battle!" - *message me first*
    I am a shadow, I seek the ways of Hadou.
    I'll have you know, I am a Lucario.

This episode was okay, mostly it was cool to see a lucario again. What really intrigued me was the introduction of Reggie. At least even though Paul has been a hard-to-like jerk since his introduction, at least his brother turns out to be so nice by contrast. I like electabuzz's reaction when he sees the twerps and their pokemon too. The ending is also neat, when Dawn surprises everyone by saying she challanged Maylene to a battle too.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

I like the Electabuzz/Pikachu mixup, that was great. I also think it would have been horrible if Reggie had been 'evil'.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2qnqtyf.jpg[/IMG]
    Looks like I might be here to stay...

PASBL Trainer Level: 4 | 26-12-8 | 77 KO's | 199 TP | 0 SP
    PASBL Referee (C+)
    | Squad | League Table |

[.:Badges:.]
    Reffing Badge
    Onslaught Badge

Yeah, during that scene I just love it how Piplup was knocked by a Thunderbolt and then shook it off! That was to me pretty funny!

I thought it pretty odd that Paul actually had a brother. It's more or less to me an apology from the writers for Paul's jack rear's behavior. Reji to me is more or less a total opposite of Paul and very close to Ash. It was a nice breather for me.
    3DS Friend Code: 2079-6549-2981
    "Let's trade and battle!" - *message me first*
    I am a shadow, I seek the ways of Hadou.
    I'll have you know, I am a Lucario.

Well, that it was, the match was still a little one-sided towards Ash's, yes? They made it easier for him to win, or maybe Reggie let him.... who knows.... the funny things is - i just watched the dubbed version and I originally all the badges on the wall were Paul's. But it makes so much more sens that they belong to Reggie!

Also, anyone notice how not all the Kanto Battle Frontier symbols were there?

PASBL Referee (C+)
    | Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
    Onslaught Badge

Quote Originally Posted by lunarshadow View Post
    I was astoundingly pleased with this dub! One of the best so far! I wonder why Lucario's dub had to be. There was barely any difference from the two besides the fact that you could hear the dubbed "luuuu" or whatever.
    Lucario has been established in the US with a specific sound that you can hear in Movie 8, the Super Smash Bros game, and a very brief appearance at the beginning of Movie 10. Because of this, he needed to be dubbed, even though in these episodes he doesn't really speak.
    I'm glad everyone liked my work on his grunts and growls. I paid close attention to the Japanese performance and then used the US tone for his voice. Lucario is one of my favorite Pokemon and I hope I have done right by the fans. Just like with Smash Bros, this one was a nightmare on the vocal cords, but I am very happy with the final outcome of his voice and hope you are too.

Bill

I'm not sure if someone has posted this but:

In the English Dubbed version I swear Maylene sounds exactly like the VA who use to do Misty!

Most Recent Chapter - Chapter 31: Don't Forget Me - Posted 26/01/13
    Credits to Sweet May and DanChimchar

I will pursue You, I will pursue Your presence

People have posted and posted and posted all about this - PokemonUSA brought back one of the most awesomest voice from 4kids, Rachel Lillis, who originally did the voices for Misty and Jessie, and she did do the voice for Maylene in this ep! Long live the 4kids voice actors!!

PASBL Referee (C+)
    | Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
    Onslaught Badge

I really enjoyed this episode, which is surprising since I can't say I even slightly like Riolu/Lucario, but it was nice to see Maylene's bond with her Lucario and how it was acting with her.

Also, the battle with Reggie was a good one, can't say I really enjoy any of the random battles that Ash has anymore, but I did this one, especially since it involved Staraptor and showcased Brave Bird which looks great.

Plus, a decent showing of Swalot being, well, Swalot, who could complain?

9/10
    Subliminal rules: how to live, how to die.

FB ~ PC ~ PASBL

I liked this episode. Riolu/Lucario rock. Paul's brother is the complete opposite of Paul. Reggie is a tough trainer, but he doesn't have 7 frontire symbols...... interesting. How could Maylene hit a aura sphre?

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

meh this episode was alright. Just another filler that didn't entertain me much at all.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

Quote Originally Posted by Xtra View Post
    I think that Maylene had confidence in herself when she caught him. Her confidence took a nosedive after Paul beat her easily, and that's why she's having trouble with him.
    exactly... remember it is said many times that pokemon react to how the trainer feels

anyways,.. loved the episode was great!

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

I was a little disappointed, Maylene wasn't the first gym leader to lose to Paul and they didn't get depressed about it.

I'm glad she snapped herself out of it though.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

It's wired how Paul won Maylene without lose any pokemon.
    Was good to see finally Staraptor. He was very cool.
    So Staravia will learn from Reggie the brave bird. It's like the learning energy ball from Kenny.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Maylene is a good gym leader...but also sad that she lost...Paul is some odd trainer
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast