Loving You Is Cherry Pie, Cause You Know That Baby I,
    Im Your Biggest Fan,
    I'll Follow You Until You Love Me.

Etc.
    Credit: Banner-Skiyomi
    Claimed Song:
    LoveGame-Lady Gaga

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    It was also kinda weird for him to already know that Staraptor was Staravia's evolved form, though.

Also, how the battlefield Ash and Reggie used would be condidered very grassy is kinda beyond me.
    It may have been common sense, Starly, Staravia, and then Staraptor plus since it was bigger than Staravia Ash could've just concluded it was the evolved form. And after that Kenny Ambipom thing (You have an Aipom but you don't know what the evolved form is?) Ash may have looked it up so he would know for all his Pokemon (off-screen).

Turtwig was on thick grass so that may be why.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

This episode is great.
    I like how Maylene flicks off Lucario's Aura Sphere.
    And when Team Rocket tried to offer Lucario chocolates and bottle caps,Lucario readying Bone Rush and Team Rocket thought he accepted the offer...idiots.

Surfing through the waves, diving deep into the sea,
    playing along the beach, having fun all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    It was also kinda weird for him to already know that Staraptor was Staravia's evolved form, though.
    Naw, I'm glad they're showing off the characters intelligence... or observance in this case. Shows they can actually put two and two together.

Funny, though Ash does recognize Lucario, he still dexes it. Oh well, at least he recognized it. A Sinnoh Pokemon no less.

Though, I love the way they portray Bone Rush; makes Lucario look like some kind of Jedi Knight. And in the next episodes, this becomes even more apparent.

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post
    Naw, I'm glad they're showing off the characters intelligence... or observance in this case. Shows they can actually put two and two together.

Funny, though Ash does recognize Lucario, he still dexes it. Oh well, at least he recognized it. A Sinnoh Pokemon no less.

Though, I love the way they portray Bone Rush; makes Lucario look like some kind of Jedi Knight. And in the next episodes, this becomes even more apparent.

~C_L~
    Well as far as I know Ash never dexes Pokemon in the movies, so its understandable why he dexed this one, it was the first time he had done so.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Maybe he dexes every pokemon he comes across because thats how he records seeing them, not because he needs info on them. I remember in a Kanto episode Ash and Gary both had Oak check their pokedex, Ash had seen a ton more pokemon than Gary but Gary had caught more.

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

I really hope Staravia's reaction to Staraptor means something.

Also, I have to say that the voices were so smooth and great in this episode. Everything was done so great. Maylene's voice is very effective.

Maylene's voice was amazing.
    I loved it.
    The episode was amazing, I'm highly impressed.

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

~C_L~
    Meh, it would've been even cooler if Lucario took out that spike bone like Kimimaro from Naruto, that would've been SO awesome.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

But you know, I think the person who was dubbed as Maylene was the same person who dubbed Anabel from the Battle Frontier. This time, it was actually very, very effective!

Back when I saw this episode in its original Japanese, I thought that they may have changed Reji's name, but I'm not surprised they didn't.

But, since I'm a Lucario freak anyways, THIS WAS THE BEST EPISODE I'VE EVER SEEN! Or at least among the best!
    3DS Friend Code: 2079-6549-2981
    "Let's trade and battle!" - *message me first*
    I am a shadow, I seek the ways of Hadou.
    I'll have you know, I am a Lucario.

One quick dub-question:

Did Lucario keep his japanese voice or was he dubbed?
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

If Maylene had such a rough time with Lucario how did she catch him in the first place? Or did he just see her and decide to go along for the ride? I thought the Team Rocket skit with Lucario was cute. I thought it showed Lucario's loyalty but one of my friends said: "He probably could tell they weren't very strong. If he got a serious offer from an accomplished trainer the bets may be off."

And I thought Dawn's "I'm holding Ash back from his dream" confession was rather strange since it's not like she's messing up his league matches but my mom who was watching with me during breakfast said.

"Yeah, but who wants to be associated with a dope?"

That made me laugh so hard and put Dawn's feelings into perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by lunarshadow View Post
    But you know, I think the person who was dubbed as Maylene was the same person who dubbed Anabel from the Battle Frontier. This time, it was actually very, very effective!
    Have you been following this thread by any chance? You'd realize that Maylene was dubbed by Rachael Lilis. Anabel was voiced by someone entirely different.

~C_L~

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

man if all episodes from now on are as good as this
    it will rock

lucario seeemed so cool and plus i love how dawn played a major rle in this episode

piplup is so cute when its stretching to go swim

Loving You Is Cherry Pie, Cause You Know That Baby I,
    Im Your Biggest Fan,
    I'll Follow You Until You Love Me.

Etc.
    Credit: Banner-Skiyomi
    Claimed Song:
    LoveGame-Lady Gaga

Quote Originally Posted by fenris91 View Post
    If Maylene had such a rough time with Lucario how did she catch him in the first place? Or did he just see her and decide to go along for the ride?
    I think that Maylene had confidence in herself when she caught him. Her confidence took a nosedive after Paul beat her easily, and that's why she's having trouble with him.
    A proud member of:SPPf Christian Alliance

When I asked Jesus how much he loved me, he said "This much."
    Then he stretched out his arms...and died for me.

Click so they hatch and grow:

Quote Originally Posted by piplup_777 View Post
    man if all episodes from now on are as good as this
    it will rock

lucario seeemed so cool and plus i love how dawn played a major rle in this episode

piplup is so cute when its stretching to go swim
    Well, the next two battles are especially cool.

Dawn battles Maylene for fun, and Ash has a pretty incredible battle against Lucario.

Don't worry, you'll be in good hands for this gym.

~C_L~

- Cobaltios

Don't worry, you'll be in good hands for this gym.

~C_L~
    Meh, the ending of Ash's gym battle was kinda a letdown.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Is super fang an official attack?
    never heard of this attack before

strange!
    pokemon train his trainer! how that possible?

Quote Originally Posted by BirdStaraptor View Post

strange!
    pokemon train his trainer! how that possible?
    Yeah, Super Fang is an actual attack.

Did anyone else think "Reggie Fils Aime" when they heard Paul's older brother's name?

Quote Originally Posted by BirdStaraptor View Post
    The main reason why you probably never heard of it is before 4th gen Rattata and Raticate were the only Pokemon to learn it (as well as hyper fang). And since we rarely see Rattata or Raticate in the anime we probably never saw those attacks. Also super fang is a first gen Pokemon attack (as well as Hyper fang)

One word: Great!

A great and marvelous Pokemon episode and a pure pleasure to watch (I watched it even twice!)

As there were countless amazing aspects which are worth being listed, I don´t even know where to start:

First of all, the sheer fact that Lucario appeared was fantastic. I utterly love this Pokemon, it belongs to one of my favorite ones!

Reggie as the friendly counterpart to Paul was really a sucessful new character whom I´d like to hear more about. Great job, writers!
    The only thing which bothered me was that I didn´t quite understand how a guy of approximately 24 years was able to afford such a huge and comfortable house! Weird, wasn´t it?

Poor Dawn and Maylene! They both seem to be fair perfectionists as they are feeling so dejected after their defeats. Well, I have to admit that I´m sympathizing with them as I myself always try to give my best in all challenges of life, too.
    A defeat makes you doubt your own abilities. These are hard times they are going through but they will surely get over it soon.

Let´s come to the highlight: Ash vs. Reggie
    A flawless victory of Ash! Yes, I had my doubts if Ash would cope with that situation, but he mastered it with ease.

Turtwig: Good dodging and a powerful, impressive Energy Ball!
    Staravia: This part of the battle kinda confused me: Staravia obviously lost, but why didn´t it have this typical "KO- circles" in its eyes and why did Reggie withdraw his Pokemon, although it would have been able to keep on battling. What do you think about this?
    Pikachu: A flawless fight! Pikachu once more turned out to be Ash´s powerhouse. Despite being hit by a powerful and incredibly cool Brave Bird attack, Pikachu fired off a mighty Volttackle (I´m thrilled every time it uses this fantastically-animated, impressive attack!), KOed his opponent and finally was the well-deserved matchwinner.

Conclusion: Apart from one confusing detail during the battle, I´m totally glad of this great episode and almost can´t expect the promising sequel next week.
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

Quote Originally Posted by ash_forever View Post
    Staravia: This part of the battle kinda confused me: Staravia obviously lost, but why didn´t it have this typical "KO- circles" in its eyes and why did Reggie withdraw his Pokemon, although it would have been able to keep on battling. What do you think about this?
    I think on this one Ash forfeited. Ash knew he couldn't beat Swalot with Staravia so I think Ash decided to forfeit by catching Staravia (which I think is normally not allowed during any battle). I also think it was because if Staravia was knocked out, Ash probably would've recalled it and Reggie did want Ash and probably his Staravia to see Brave Bird.

I thought it was a good episode and Maylene's voice really suited her. Reggie is awesome and is the complete polar opposite of Paul. I can't wait for the next episode with Dawn and Maylene battling it out! VS

I must admit, the dub did well on this episode. The voices are not that bad also. Also, Reggie...they kept the pronunciation of the name similar to the Japanese name. Shocking. Would that have thought it would have been a different name, at least one that relates to Paul.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast