Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Charizard, Venusaur, Blastoise, who's the best?

Question Charizard, Venusaur, Blastoise, who's the best?

Hello people. this is my thread for the 3 starters for fire red/leaf green. u guys/girls vote who u think is the best. 1 rule: LIST REASONS WHY!!!
    Spikanor123

Charmeleon and Wartortle look the coolest. I'm going to keep them from evolving in my new gamesaves.

Claimed Pokemon: Slowbro
    Paired with: SuppYo

Blastoise does well for the most part if trained right
    I'm back and with a 3DS friend code if you want to add me: 5026 4445 5102

charizard is the coolest, and the best in battles. bellyzard is a beast if played correctly.
    If you think Umbreon rocks please PM me
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Love View Post
    So liek one day Garchomp wuz liek "Hey u guyz, why am i's so gewds?" and peeps wur lieks "idk chomp, you da man" so now he's an uber
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxonferz View Post
    im not a pro battler or anything but i think your heatran will get killed by earthquake, you're gliscor is gonna get killed ice beam, you're gyrados is gonna get killed by thunder(bolt), and you're forretress is gonna get killed by flamethrower. like i said, i've never actually battled, but it seems like you could get killed easily

Charizard is best in my opinion. I think his shiny form is easily the best AND he's in SSBB.

Marching On Together

English And Proud

Charizard is the best.

As posters have said before me, Charizard's shiny form is sick, and some of its moves make it one of the most feared Pokemon of 3rd Gen.

They are all good for their own reasons but if you want one to glide through FR/LG with pretty easily I choose blastoise because the rivals pokemon normally annoys me but with Blastoise they are all pretty easy if blastoise is well trained because the biggest problem is normally the starter that your rival has choosen right? well just ice beam Venusaur, Ice Beam Pidgeot, Bite/Hydro Pump Alakazam and so on.
    But obviously the other two have their own qualities aswell.

Hope I helped,
    -slm2

Well, i definitely prefer Charizard. Its shiny form is absolutely awesome, i like its looks, and it has an awesome moveset (at least for me it does).

Click here to visit my fan fic, Winds of the Past

Credit to Dragodynamite for the Userbar

Charizard pwns using Belly Drum

Blastoise is my fave. Surf, ice beam, bite and hydro cannon is very useful while facing elite 4

Charizard.

Venusaur is a good strategy wise, (Toxic and Leech seed with a giga drain with its PP raised to max, and spikes on the field, makes for a VERY annoying time) with but he's not much useful for STAB attacks, since not a very lot of types have a weakness to grass, and just about everyone has some resistance.

Blastoise IMO, is the weakest, cause if you use hydro cannon on a switched out electric type pokemon,(like a magnezone or Electivire) its game over.

Bite can only go so far, its only useful for one type(and if you don't have good stats on that its not very useful there) and surf doesn't pack too much of a punch to really be considered good. Ice beam is his really only useful move, cause a lot of people have dragon types. Sure Blastoise is useful In-Game, but then again what pokemon isnt?

Charizard can be useful for competitve battling.

Belly Drum
    Slash
    Aerial Ace
    Flamethrower

Belly drum and a Slash, with his already high attack, that's pretty much instant KO right there(at least for me) flamethrower is a very good attack for charizard, because charizard has a good special attack as well(and flamethrower is accurate, I don't like fire blast) and when you put on Aerial Ace in, after you just did belly drum, you can get rid of a lot of types that way. Or, instead of Aerial Ace, you put Earthquake and train his speed EV(even though I don't care for EV training anywhay, just this is making a point here) and you have a VERY destructive charizard.
    Proud Member Of The Dragon Clan

ASB Champion One Day....

Those Who Endure......Conquer.

Well, Venusaur is the best competitively, being the one who has spent longest in OU in Advance. Charizard went down to BL before Venusaur did and Blastoise never made it higher than UU.

Charizard I've never had a problem and trained right can be a powerful Pokemon.

0748-3409-7460

Well, Charizard is my favourite when it comes to looks, Venusaur rocks also.

To beat the game, Blastoise have advantage over almost all gyms.

When it comes to competitive, they all play differently, there Venusaur can be of a great annoyance and come in handy, Charizard have hard strategies to pull of, while Blastoise is the least usable of them, being overshadowed by something on almost all tiers.
    Kotone Lyra is awesome kotto ne?!

Charizard cause it looks cool! In terms of battling it is too predictble (bellyzard). Venausaur isn't much better in predictability but it can be damn annoying. So its based on looks (how shallow). Poor Blaistoise...

Thanks to Aurora Wish for making this card- totally awesome.

The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up.
    Paul Valery

"I grew up with six brothers. That's how I learned to dance: waiting for the bathroom."
    Bob Hopes

In terms of favouritism, i would have to pick Charizard, but in battling, i say Venusaur. It's got Sleep powder, leech seed and all those other annoying moves i like to use. It can also be a decent physical sweeper if given the chance(Swords dance)

I will be original and say Charizard. Not 'cause it's good competitively, but because I like it the most.

charizard is the best, otherwise leechseed/syntesis/leftovers veusaur can be pretty good too

I just noticed this generation has great grass types! (except serperior)

blastoise is dandorous(ugh,cant spell!)if trained right with a good nature and can have 2(or 3?)differint battle roles,hazer,and rapid spinner.earthquake and ice beam can trouble its weaknesses.

Charizard for me. Best shiny form of all three (I have all three shiny, so I would know), and if I recall correctly, it is the highest ranked of the three when it comes to tiers.

Talking

charizard he has blast burn wich is awsome!and hes shiney form is cool

Blastoise because he learns the best attacks, and can destroy the other two. He can beat Venusaur with Ice Beam, and Charizard with any water attack. Just make sure he/she is trained correctly.

Mess with me, Deal with him ! =) || Shiny Hunter || Trainer
    PokeFan for Life ! <3

blastoise is the only UU rated of the three, the other are BL, and charizard cna be used for bellydrumming and it's awesome doing that, while venusaur really is not more than zapdos or raikou counter, and is a quite average sp. def leech seeder.

i choose charizard

I just noticed this generation has great grass types! (except serperior)

I personally think Charizard. He looks cooler, plus he can Substitute+Belly Drum which gives him an edge over the other two

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast