Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Crossing the Battle Line! (535)

Quote Originally Posted by MechaBulba View Post
    Maybe the reason Staravia Laernt Brave Bird so fast while it look Turtwig ages to master Energy Ball, Is because Staravia can naturally learn Brave Bird on its own. While Turtwig had to train harder as it was learning a move it can only learn in the games via TM, so It would have to of trianed harder to learn it!

(soz guys may have psoted twice, site lagged as I was posting)
    Swellow could learn aerial ace on its own but it still needed help from that master move teacher

Quote Originally Posted by killer74 View Post
    Swellow could learn aerial ace on its own but it still needed help from that master move teacher
    Good Point.

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter,
    put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360

Maybe the reason Staravia Laernt Brave Bird so fast while it look Turtwig ages to master Energy Ball, Is because Staravia can naturally learn Brave Bird on its own. While Turtwig had to train harder as it was learning a move it can only learn in the games via TM, so It would have to of trianed harder to learn it!
    That's possible.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Dawn should really consider a career in modeling for 2-inch skirts, because really, she fails at pretty much everything else.

"The Challenger" was never my favorite song, but I was surprised to hear its return after all this time. Speaking of BGM, I love how the epic Movie 8 crap appropriately cues whenever Lucario is about to take the stage.

Still, even with the type disadvantage, I'm surprised at how Ambipom succombed to a single hit, whereas Buneary took quite a beating before it went down. And I'm sort of glad Muku.BIRD only took one episode to learn a new attack, as while normally I'd be all in favor of more Muku.SCREENTIME, watching a Pokemon try to learn an attack and fail at it time and again feels rather tedious, especially since we just saw it with Turtwig.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    Dawn should really consider a career in modeling for 2-inch skirts, because really, she fails at pretty much everything else.

"The Challenger" was never my favorite song, but I was surprised to hear its return after all this time. Speaking of BGM, I love how the epic Movie 8 crap appropriately cues whenever Lucario is about to take the stage.

Still, even with the type disadvantage, I'm surprised at how Ambipom succombed to a single hit, whereas Buneary took quite a beating before it went down. And I'm sort of glad Muku.BIRD only took one episode to learn a new attack, as while normally I'd be all in favor of more Muku.SCREENTIME, watching a Pokemon try to learn an attack and fail at it time and again feels rather tedious, especially since we just saw it with Turtwig.
    Guess we can consider Buneary a defensive pokémon then.

Heh, earlier on Maylene must've been really hungry.
    Last edited by uber gon; 15th February 2008 at 6:07 AM.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

I'm disappointed that Dawn was only able to take down Meditite, but what are you going to do?

At least buneary did a good job, that drain punch though didn't help.

Ambipom losing to Lucario that fast was personally unbelievable, perhaps if Maylene used aura sphere, then I could see it happening, but Bone Rush?

I guess Dawn was doomed once Maylene sent out Lucario. Although when Lucario was above Piplup like it was I would've told piplup to use bubblebeam, but who knows if that would work, I'd probably tie it up with a peck though afterwards, whether thats enough to take down Lucario, I wouldn't know.

Staravia learning Brave bird was awesome, frankly I don't care if it learned it so quickly, I guess it proves Staravia is really powerful when it comes to learning things.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

that brave-bird attack looked more like a contest attack than anything! glowing red first, then turning blue and all. i dunno why people are complaining about short learning time. thats a good thing IMO.

I agree. Besides, Ash took a good bit of time with Snorunt for him to learn Ice Beam, yet as we've seen, Starly took shorter time to learn Aerial Ace, and he wound up evolving into Staravia and landing it just right. ^^ So I'd say if anything Staravia must have a lot of potential if he can learn Brave Bird so fast.

And it does seem as if Dawn's regained some confidence even with her loss to Maylene. ^^ Which is a good thing!

Bryon
    "Looks like you're about to get pwned."

I don't care about EVs. If you don't either, copy and paste this into your sig. (Started by Shiny Metagross)

I guess I was expecting more time of learning since the bird has been so out of the picture when it comes to screentime.

I have to say that I'm more impressed with Buneary. I don't care if Ambipom won against Meditite, the one that showed endurance was Buneary.

Well if Staravia didn't know aerial ace, i think it would have taken longer to learn. Like it's been previously said, it looks like a glowing Aerial Ace. So it's no wonder that it learned it so fast since it learned Aerial Ace pretty fast.

But i hope to see it used more now that it basically has the Volt Tackle of Bird type moves.
    Heart Gold FC 0690 2997 2142

Quote Originally Posted by bigpop618 View Post
    Well if Staravia didn't know aerial ace, i think it would have taken longer to learn. Like it's been previously said, it looks like a glowing Aerial Ace. So it's no wonder that it learned it so fast since it learned Aerial Ace pretty fast.

But i hope to see it used more now that it basically has the Volt Tackle of Bird type moves.
    Brave Bird will probably be the reason why it beats 2 of Mylene's pokémon (maybe).

Haha, it was really fun to see how hard Ambipom totally owned that Meditite. It didn't even have a chance. Block and then hit by two super hard double-attacks

Lucario's KO of Ambipom in just one hit was a bit off, just too unrealistic. Also good to see that Piplup lost, I hate that little thing who steals all the screentime from Ambipom.

Yeah, and from what I've been able to gather, it was a pretty bad loss too.

I mean, it did manage to stay in battle for a while, but it barely managed to do Lucario any damage at all. Most of its attacks were either dodged or blocked. The only problem I have is that it seemed to be able to take too much damage before it went down, giving that it's an unevolved starter, but I suppose that's due to its Pikachu-like uberness.
    PLEASE feed Farfetch'd sour (yellow) berries!

Buneary lost! Not that it wasn't to be expected, but still, I, and most other people were rooting for her. I know Dawn wasn't going to win the Gym Battle, and it made sense that Ambipom had the only victory, but STILL. That thing needs victories! Though for all we know it could just be suffering from Torchic/Taillow syndrome, where it does pretty much nothing until it evolves and then becomes a God.

And about this Brave Bird thing. Yes Staravia is seen glowing and all that, but did no one notice that it never actually collided with anything? If it doesn't complete the attack with hitting something, how are we to know how powerful it will be and how Staravia will deal with the recoil? Because of this, I don't think it's completely finished learning the attack. It still has to use it in a battle. And as other people have stated, Swellow learned Aerial Ace in a single episode...

If you ask me Brive Bird dont fit to Staravia because his small size but you saw Staraptor and how he was awesome when he used brive bird.

Iam feeling that Staravia will evolve soon and get the spotlight Against Floatzel in the next GYM.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdStaraptor View Post
    If you ask me Brive Bird dont fit to Staravia because his small size but you saw Staraptor and how he was awesome when he used brive bird.

Iam feeling that Staravia will evolve soon and get the spotlight Against Floatzel in the next GYM.
    Volt tackle is the same thing (as previously mentioned) and it fits pikachu perfectly(always reminds me of super sayians XD)

Performance level I think I will say Piplup was the best, Buneary was in the middle and then Ambipom as the worst one.

I feel Ambipom just took advantage of Buneary's last battle. It ended Buneary's work and then it got whooped pretty easily by Lucario.

I remember how people said that dawn was going to get beaten badly. While Dawn lost, she went down with a fight.
    Last edited by 09Murphym; 15th February 2008 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 09Murphym View Post
    I remember how people said that dawn was going to get beaten badly. While Dawn lost, she went down with a fight.
    I think most ppl were expecting her to lose while giving atleast an average battle, I was actually wanting her to draw but after watching the epi I think this was better.

I'm happy Dawn lost. She needs to realize that she needs to train more if she is going to win..

mkes sense there mate, i got all exited when i saw the episode name, i was like " YES! finally dawn will get a badge", i was dissapointed

My Team --^

Quote Originally Posted by .Bambi. View Post
    Buneary lost! Not that it wasn't to be expected, but still, I, and most other people were rooting for her. I know Dawn wasn't going to win the Gym Battle, and it made sense that Ambipom had the only victory, but STILL. That thing needs victories! Though for all we know it could just be suffering from Torchic/Taillow syndrome, where it does pretty much nothing until it evolves and then becomes a God.

And about this Brave Bird thing. Yes Staravia is seen glowing and all that, but did no one notice that it never actually collided with anything? If it doesn't complete the attack with hitting something, how are we to know how powerful it will be and how Staravia will deal with the recoil? Because of this, I don't think it's completely finished learning the attack. It still has to use it in a battle. And as other people have stated, Swellow learned Aerial Ace in a single episode...
    Don't worry, I'm sure Brave Bird will be used n the gym.

I'm having star wars flash backs every time I see lucario make those blue glowing bones.

Ambipom was the only one I knew would win a battle, as she was the only one who knew what she was doing.

What's this? Piplup was in his Pokeball during part of the episode? Now, let's just hope he STAYS in there from now on. I'm getting sick of Piplup trying to act like a mascot.

~PM Me if you want to trade or WiFi Battle!~
    Proud to have Nicknamed All My Pokemon Since Crystal Version
    I don't EV train, I don't breed my way to perfection, I don't use cheating devices to play the game for me and I don't spend ages hunting pokemon for battling online. If you agree then C+P this to your signature. (Started by Tyranitar)

Yay! Buneary was used in this episode. Even if it didn't pull of a win, at least it put up a fight (especially since we haven't seen it in a major battle since its first contest I believe). Imo, I think Buneary did a bit better than Ambipom considering Ambipom just finished what Buneary started but then got knocked out pretty quickly by Lucario. Speaking of Lucario...

Wow, the writers are totally making Lucario so awesome. The Star Wars Bone Rush, the Wolverine Metal Claw, the Kamehamaha/Hadoken Aura Sphere, and the electrifying explosive Force Palm! Lucario really looked like an awesome pokemon this episode.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast