Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Crossing the Battle Line! (535)

Quote Originally Posted by Ash6K View Post
    Yay! Buneary was used in this episode. Even if it didn't pull of a win, at least it put up a fight (especially since we haven't seen it in a major battle since its first contest I believe). Imo, I think Buneary did a bit better than Ambipom considering Ambipom just finished what Buneary started but then got knocked out pretty quickly by Lucario. Speaking of Lucario...

Wow, the writers are totally making Lucario so awesome. The Star Wars Bone Rush, the Wolverine Metal Claw, the Kamehamaha/Hadoken Aura Sphere, and the electrifying explosive Force Palm! Lucario really looked like an awesome pokemon this episode.
    Did anyone else think that the force palm seemed like a DBZ tecnique?
    Cause I have a vegeta in tenkaichi (a dbz game for those who don't know) and usues an attack similiar to lucario's force palm...

^ Wow, you're right. That Force Palm did look like something from DBZ. Lucario seems like it got the warrior treatment with its moves and battling style.

Anyway, I forgot to talk about Staravia. I'm so happy it got to learn Brave Bird. We haven't seen it do anything useful and it seems like Veilstone has treated it well!

Poor Ambipom, she kicked but at Ash's Gym Battles, but did bad with Dawn.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

buneary did pretty good considering its type disadvantage and its lack of expirience, it i think this is the first time the swirly-spinning dodge has failed anyone

Wow, Dawn sucks at almost everything.

What attack was Staravia trying to learn? Brave bird or sky attack?

^ It was Brave Bird.

Which I'm so happy Staravia's learning. From the episode, it really looks like a powerful attack.

Wow, Dawn sucks at almost everything.
    Seriously! She's only won one ribbon, and it's been ages since she even got past the preliminary rounds.

If you ask me, I think Staravia will evolve soon. Did you ever notice how the only three Pokemon to ever evolve in the series were Starly, Bonsly, and Aipom. And two of the three evolved before Ash even had his first badge!
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Doom View Post
    Seriously! She's only won one ribbon, and it's been ages since she even got past the preliminary rounds.

If you ask me, I think Staravia will evolve soon. Did you ever notice how the only three Pokemon to ever evolve in the series were Starly, Bonsly, and Aipom. And two of the three evolved before Ash even had his first badge!
    We all noticed that, so what?
    I seriously didn't get how that relates to the rest of the posts....

Anyway, moving on.... I see buizel pulling a corphish, especially since floatzel has that "look" that totally belies Buizel's persona... You know, creepy and smiling (as creepy as a water weasel can get, thats not much I know). It's just a feeling.....

And no evos for the time being, I think the next change will be ages for now.

Yup ppl, we have oficially entered the PLOT!!!!!! :O

Guys, there is time for Dawn to win more ribbons and for more pokemon to evove later in this very long saga. Dawn has to win four ribbons in the time that Ash obtains five more badges, so either contests become more spread out or she has more losses than May- the writers chose the latter option and they've handled it very well, and that way allows for more rivals and more purposes for non-gym towns. As for evolution- Turtwig has only had about 65 episodes and three gyms in its present form, and will clearly have a pivotal role in the next gym. Chimchar has only just joined Ash's team and is still adapting to his new trainer's approach to battles, and the same goes for Buizel. Staravia won't evolve for a while, methinks, as I see him taking down Fantina's Drifblim.

Staravia won't evolve for a while, methinks, as I see him taking down Fantina's Drifblim.
    Why Drifblim? That makes no sense!
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Is her last pokemon Drifblim or Mismagius?

Whoever is the strongest pokemon in that gym should die in the hands of Mukkuhawk.

I wonder why Ash had Gligar watch Staravia's training? Me think something good is going to happen to Gligar later on.

Yay, I was able to watch this episode (had to go somewhere today but, eh, it was fun) and I must say, not bad, not bad at all.

Alright, to be honest I think I spent more time taking snapshots of this episode for use in the captions thread than actually watching it, but from what I was seeing, I was different.

It seems to me that Ash was able to get Staravia to learn Brave Bird before he went and watched Dawn's battle (a little comment on his actions later). It was also pretty amusing to have Paul's Electabuzz simply lolling around and watching the training. It even seemed amazed when Staravia actually pulled it off. Personally, Brave Bird should stay as a fireball-esque move than a "blue volt-tackle" esque move (as it seems to be used as such).

Now, the battle itself was probably pretty interesting, given that Dawn was in fact able to successfully defeat at least 1 of Maylene's Pokémon (heh, Lucarion not being one of them), and not to mention both Brock and Reiji sitting in proper fashion in the gym, whilst Ash decides to continue to wear his shoes indoors (seeing as his feet were in the gym anyways, and that he was sorting "cheering" Dawn on, I guess it fits).

First 2 rounds were pretty neat, Buneary actually getting in at least 1 hit on Meditite (I consider frozen a hit), and Ambipom finishes it off (what the heck was it using against Meditite? It sure doesn't look like Focus Punch... unless, is it 'Doubel Hit'?). Of course, Lucario comes in and uses a very Jedi-esque Bone Rush to finish off Ambipom ([insert witty Star Wars joke here]).

Now, I know that I find Lucario to be a very cool Pokémon, and that it has some kickass moves to use, but in all honesty, I personally think they went just a tad overboard with Movie 8 music. Don't get me wrong, the music suits Lucario just fine, though I find they're milking this a little much.

The battle with Lucario and Piplup was awesome. Whirpool + Peck, Force Palm + Peck, Aura Sphere + Peck, Whirpool + Metal Claw. I swear, Metal Claw was done in the most unique fashion for Lucario; the spikes on its arms were the Metal Claw. Then, what do you know, Dawn gets cocky and decides she can win this by sending Piplup right through the smoke; completely bewildering Maylene. Of course, Maylene is the gym leader and therefore isn't going to win that easily and finishes off Piplup with a "grand slam" Force Palm.

Overall, some pretty good battling, Starvia learns a new move, and Maylene is back to her old self again ready to battle against Ash.

And, the preview for the next episode looks awesome. Ash is using Chimchar, but apparently, Buizel is still battling Lucario. Though, the cool attack used at the end of the preview is telling me that Ash is learning how to use Aqua Jet to a whole new level.

... Before I go: honestly, fans of Lucario/Riolu, we get that you want to have Ash have either one. Personally, me too... but to a lesser extent. Now, seeing how much screentime Lucario gets within these three episodes plus a movie automatically tells me that the writers are getting the most out of this guy as much as they possibly can. After this whole gym arc, I could care less if Lucario doesn't make another appearance till either Riley or Cynthia. This guy got three episodes nearly to himself. I think that's pretty generous don't ya think. Don't get me wrong, the guy's awesome, it does suit Ash. Does it need to go to him? No, not really. [end 'o' rant]

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

honestly, fans of Lucario/Riolu, we get that you want to have Ash have either one.
    I didn't know so many people wanted that to happen.

I didn't know so many people wanted that to happen.
    Where have you been then?

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    Is her last pokemon Drifblim or Mismagius?

Whoever is the strongest pokemon in that gym should die in the hands of Mukkuhawk.

I wonder why Ash had Gligar watch Staravia's training? Me think something good is going to happen to Gligar later on.
    I'm sure Ash is just showing the ropes to Gligar.

Heh, I suppose people will consider a Gentle Fist user now after watching Force Palm.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

I watched the episode and it's not that bad. I mean, Dawn is conscious about her lost. Also, I wanted Buneary to at least take out one of Maylene's Pokémon.

THE END.

It makes me wonder how Dawn could possibly hope to get to the Grand Festival.

I cant believe they actually made piplup last that long against a lucario he should have been out in one aura sphere no doubt. Ambipom was the only one with enough experience i must say i think ambipom looked WAY better battling then doing appeals she looked beastly!
    Staravia was awesome learning that move so easy i cant wait for an evolution into staraptor he will so rock out then.
    Why must the writers constantly mess Buneary up. It was so cruel of them to battle her in a fighting type gym... They should have let her do an appeal or battle earlier in one of dawns contests then Dawn may have had a chance every time they show Buneary she gets creamed
    You had way too many outside images and your signature was overstacking, so everything was erased. Please read the signature rules.

I think the reason why Ambipom fainted that quickly, is because she knocked her head on a ledge. Poor thing:

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i6/vavavant/Am.png

*Credit to Serebii.net for the picture
    Last edited by Vavavoom; 18th February 2008 at 10:14 PM.

THE END.

I'm happy Maylene won. <3

GFX made by Deidara of Janime Community Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Poke'T<3 View Post
    every time they show Buneary she gets creamed
    Seriously, Buneary has really won a battle, has she? Unlike most people, I don't want Buneary to evolve. She already has a crush on Pikachu, if she evolves it could turn into something... worse!
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 19th February 2008 at 3:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poke'T<3 View Post
    I cant believe they actually made piplup last that long against a lucario he should have been out in one aura sphere no doubt.
    It makes sense Piplup lasted that long. It's Dawn's strongest pokemon.

Ambipom was the only one with enough experience i must say i think ambipom looked WAY better battling then doing appeals she looked beastly!
    I thought it was the opposite. For me Ambipom was the worst one.

[QUOTE=Dax;7573544]It makes sense Piplup lasted that long. It's Dawn's strongest pokemon.[QUOTE]

And it seems like the only one she uses outside of contests. They should give Buneary the spotlight AS LONG AS SHE DOESN'T EVOLVE!

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    It makes sense Piplup lasted that long. It's Dawn's strongest pokemon.
    And it seems like the only one she ever uses outside of contests. They should give Buneary the spotlight AS LONG AS SHE DOESN'T EVOLVE! If that happens, that would be just wrong!

Seriously, Buneary has really won a battle, has she? Unlike most people, I don't want Buneary to evolve. She already has a crush on Pikachu, if she evolves it could turn into something... worse!
    Or maybe it'd stop with the crush thing, but Pikachu doesn't.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast