Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Crossing the Battle Line! (535)

I'm not being funny, but Dawn did use 2 Normal-types in a Fighting-type Gym which is not a good idea. But, then again, the writers probably did that to show her inexperience in battling.
    this hope is treacherous, this daydream is dangerous.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

Quote Originally Posted by TurtwigFan1 View Post
    I'm not being funny, but Dawn did use 2 Normal-types in a Fighting-type Gym which is not a good idea. But, then again, the writers probably did that to show her inexperience in battling.
    She mentions why she chose those Pokemon, Ambipom has the most battle experience out of all her Pokemon, and Buneary has Bounce, which is a Flying attack. It's not like she had a whole lot of choices anyway, she only had four Pokemon to choose from.

This episode was great and all. Seeing that Dawn going against Maylene was pretty obvious that Dawn was going to lose.

Also, ive been seeing more pokemon using their trainers as battle practices instead of terrain objects.

Surprised to see that TR didnt make a move when Maylene and Dawn were battling. They usually do and mess things up. Have they gone serious?

8/10
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/jb1rmh.jpg[/IMG]
    I claimed Ponyta

I customized these

I thought this episode was a little boring at first. I liked the gym battle part. Dawn didn't do very good, but it was her first try and she was using 2 normal types. So, I guess she did ok. My favorite part was Piplup vs Lucario. I give it 6/10.

I thought this episode was a little boring at first. I liked the gym battle part. Dawn didn't do very good, but it was her first try and she was using 2 normal types. So, I guess she did ok. My favorite part was Piplup vs Lucario. I give it 6/10.

I also found it a bit boring at first.

I also heard Lucario and the Mystery of Mew music, since I liked the music from that movie, it turned my head abit, maybe the music will return in A Triple Fighting Chance episode.

This episode was good. I found it a little funny that Ash would use himself as a target to get Staravia to learn Brave Bird. I liked Lucario’s expression as if to say “it’s about time I get to battle”. It was interesting to see Force Palm. I actually thought that TR’s situation was pretty funny.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;598; ;635;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Even in this episode, Lucario is still awesome. I praised that Lucario finally listened to us fans by defeating that forced mascot, a.k.a Piplup.

Ha! Finally saw an episode without work interfering!

-It was so nice to hear a little more about Brock's whole past with the Pewter gym. I mean, when he spoke of when he was gym leader, such a very rare moment.
    -Now I go back to the whole thing of Dawn playing both sides of the fence. I'll save my shipping talk for later, this is for gyms and contests. I mean, I'll admit that things are not looking good for Dawn. I mean after losing two appeals round and losing to Maylene with only knocking out one of her pokemon, you would think that she feels like absolute crap. Well then of course, these are speculations that are six months old, but always good to bring up.
    -Okay, the gym battle just seemed so rushed. Looked like a gym battle from like the first season. Gym leader's pokemon uses one attack and knocks out the opponent like that. I don't know. That's how I see it.
    -I still love Reggie.

Okay episode for most part.

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

great episode the battle was good ( i especially liked how lucario trashed ambipom so fast lol) and lucario awesome as usual, im glad they kept the movie 8 music it fits in so well with lucario
    Friend Code for Pokemon Y: 1521-2881-0277 PM me if you want to battle or trade
    Shiny Pokemon:

It makes you wonder how Pachirisu would have done though. I mean, it could totally go hyper-psychotic and really kill something.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

???

Quote Originally Posted by Venusaur Master View Post
    great episode the battle was good ( i especially liked how lucario trashed ambipom so fast lol) and lucario awesome as usual, im glad they kept the movie 8 music it fits in so well with lucario
    ah...that part with Ambipom actually bothered me I felt like she was taken out WAY too quickly, especially after she did so well in Oreburgh and Eterna as an Aipom

not to mention Bone Rush isn't even a fighting attack
    Last edited by phoenix12; 27th July 2008 at 7:13 PM.

Yes, I know, I repeat myself almost every week, but man, I can´t help feeling joyful over this great, awesome, marvelous episode!

Let´s start analyzing:

How long have I waited to see real and permanent Pokemon training within the episodes! If there was a weak spot in the former Pokemon episodes like the Johto or Hoenn adventures, the lack of showing Ash´s training definitely was it. But,fortunately, these times are finally over!
    Brave Bird - a great and impressive attack which we will hopefully see a lot of times in the future.

Now about the gym battle: It was quite obvious that Dawn wasn´t serious about becoming a Pokemon trainer and keeping on battling in gyms. Nevertheless, it was both an entertaining and fierce fight which attracted my whole attention.
    Personally, I think that Ambipom did the best job. Piplup´s efforts were neat,too, but wasn´t it quite reckless to jump happily into this cloud of smoke, hoping to hit Lucario? But Dawn´s very first Pokemon turned out to be a tough and brave fighter ( some kind of brave "bird" Note the pun!)

But the highlight surely was Ash and Lucario:
    Although only being a member of the audience this time, Ash still was present as enthusiastic and cheering supporter of Dawn! It was so awesome to see him experiencing the battle as if has himself was the challenger!
    And finally, Lucario, one of the greatest Pokemon that has ever appeared showed it strength!
    As a Lucario fan and a convinced Riolu-for-Ash supporter, I was just delighted to see this majestic Pokemon fighting like a mixture of a knight and a magician . This unique battle style combined with a briliant, outstanding design makes up the extraordinary appeal of this lynx-like Pokemon.

Next week´s episode is going to conclude this Lucario/ Maylene arc with the great showdown between Maylene and Ash. Today´s and last week´s episode have prepared this final fantastically, so I´m all geared up to watch it as soon as possible.

As far as this episode is concerned, my review is positive without exception! Fantastic work!
    7,5 out of 10 points
    Last edited by ash_forever; 28th July 2008 at 1:27 AM.
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

Quote Originally Posted by ash_forever View Post
    Yes, I know, I repeat myself almost every week, but man, I can´t help feeling joyful over this great, awesome, marvelous episode!

Let´s start analyzing:

How long have I waited to see real and permanent Pokemon training within the episodes! If there was a weak spot in the former Pokemon episodes like the Johto or Hoenn adventures, the lack of showing Ash´s training definitely was it. But,fortunately, these times are finally over!
    Brave Bird - a great and impressive attack which we will hopefully see a lot of times in the future.

Now about the gym battle: It was quite obvious that Dawn wasn´t serious about becoming a Pokemon trainer and keeping on battling in gyms. Nevertheless, it was both an entertaining and fierce fight which attracted my whole attention.
    Personally, I think that Ambipom did the best job. Piplup´s efforts were neat,too, but wasn´t it quite reckless to jump happily into this cloud of smoke, hoping to hit Lucario? But Dawn´s very first Pokemon turned out to be a tough and brave fighter ( some kind of brave "bird" Note the pun!)

But the highlight surely was Ash and Lucario:
    Although only being a member of the audience this time, Ash still was present as enthusiastic and cheering supporter of Dawn! It was so awesome to see him experiencing the battle as if has himself was the challenger!
    And finally, Lucario, one of the greatest Pokemon that has ever appeared showed it strength!
    As a Lucario fan and a convinced Riolu-for-Ash supporter, I was just delighted to see this majestic Pokemon fighting like a mixture of a knight and a magician . This unique battle style combined with a briliant, outstanding design makes up the extraordinary appeal of this lynx-like Pokemon.

Next week´s episode is going to conclude this Lucario/ Maylene arc with the great showdown between Maylene and Ash. Today´s and last week´s episode have prepared this final fantastically, so I´m all geared up to watch it as soon as possible.

As far as this episode is concerned, my review is positive without exception! Fantastic work!
    7,5 out of 10 points
    I absolutely thought that this was one of the better episodes I've ever seen! Me personally, I am an avid supporter of Riolu and Lucario eventually getting into Ash's arsenal.

But about Dawn's actual battling, I thought that she really didn't have a choice as far as her choices were. She doesn't have a very good battling roster, but they're all good at contests, so it's natural that she lost quickly.
    3DS Friend Code: 2079-6549-2981
    "Let's trade and battle!" - *message me first*
    I am a shadow, I seek the ways of Hadou.
    I'll have you know, I am a Lucario.

If there was a weak spot in the former Pokemon episodes like the Johto or Hoenn adventures, the lack of showing Ash´s training definitely was it. But,fortunately, these times are finally over!
    LOL, what? Ash spent whole episodes training his Pokemon in Hoenn.

Pikachu with Iron Tail, Treecko with Bullet seed, Swellow with Aerial Ace, and Snorunt with Ice beam.

There have been tons of training episodes over the last few years.

Dub episode was excellent, much like the previous one. Nothing much to say about it, still enjoyed it and it's Dawn's first gym battle. Next episode will definitely will be just as great.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    LOL, what? Ash spent whole episodes training his Pokemon in Hoenn.

Pikachu with Iron Tail, Treecko with Bullet seed, Swellow with Aerial Ace, and Snorunt with Ice beam.

There have been tons of training episodes over the last few years.
    Not to mention Cyndaquil which was trained back in Jotho to fire up its flames more quickly.
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by TeddiUrsa View Post
    Not to mention Cyndaquil which was trained back in Jotho to fire up its flames more quickly.
    Ah, yes I remember that episode...If I remember correctly, Ash actually ordered Cyndaquil to attack Ash to boost its confidence, just like how Ash was the "moving target" for Staravia in this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    I just think it is stupid that people compare the music...I don't even pay attention to it.
    Thank goodness, I honestly thought I was the only one who thought like this.

Heh, nice catch, didn't realize that till now.

Quote Originally Posted by AstralEon View Post
    Surprised to see that TR didnt make a move when Maylene and Dawn were battling. They usually do and mess things up. Have they gone serious?
    I was initially very confused about what they were doing there, but now I know: they were just checking up on what Maylene had to see if they could switch to it instead of getting Lucario... or something to that measure (I'll have to watch it again).

You know, in a lot of ways, you're beginning to remind me of... me. That's not a bad thing. I'm happy to know there are those who actually watch a show for the aspect of entertainement; not to nitpick at it at every frame.

One: As CyberCubed mentioned, there have been multiple training times between Ash and his Pokemon. Though, you won't quite remember straight away because of the immense gap between them, but after doing a quick research, you find that he did in fact do some "special training" with his other Pokemon back in Hoenn. Though, I'll agree on one thing though, there wasn't a whole lot of this type of stuff done in Johto. I think the only "real" one I can think of is indeed the Cyndaquil one.
    But, I'll gladly take any correction. I prefer to have proper information than to be misleading.

Two: I thought it was neat that Reggie makes the comment about the incredible difference between the way Ash trains and the way Paul trains. Now, that is something that gave me a grin.

To a degree, we really shouldn't consider this a "gym battle" even though it was in fact against a gym leader. This was mainly a confidence booster for Maylene. To the point, where later in the battle, Reggie even states that he wonders "if this Maylene would have beat Paul". Simply put, that's all this battle was: a confidence booster.

And really, we don't have to worry about Dawn; this whole will be straightened out in the near future.

Now, yes... we all know that a certain veteran VA has resurfaced to take upon the role of Maylene for this particular gym, but I noticed that in the episode prior when we first hear her voice, it's kinda in between her natural and Misty voice. Notice in this one however, it's almost consistently her "Misty" voice. Not that I'm criticizing, just something I've noticed.

The battle was pretty neat I gotta say, and actually knowing what the heck is being said makes it way more enjoyable for me. I can't wait for this weekend's episode. Now it's time for Ash to "take the stage".

Force Palm, what a cool move.

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Meh, the fact that Ash only ties with Maylene is kind of a downer if you ask me.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

That's in the next episode.......
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post
    Now, yes... we all know that a certain veteran VA has resurfaced to take upon the role of Maylene for this particular gym, but I noticed that in the episode prior when we first hear her voice, it's kinda in between her natural and Misty voice. Notice in this one however, it's almost consistently her "Misty" voice. Not that I'm criticizing, just something I've noticed.

The battle was pretty neat I gotta say, and actually knowing what the heck is being said makes it way more enjoyable for me. I can't wait for this weekend's episode. Now it's time for Ash to "take the stage".

Force Palm, what a cool move.

~C_L~
    Yeah, I noticed that as well with her voice, but I think it's the same voice actor who did May and Anabel back in the Battle Frontier. Except this time it was more natural.

And I agree, watching it in Japanese is really a pain for your soul if you don't know what they're saying.

And to be honest, I think they over exaggerated the whole Force Palm thing. After all, in the games remember, it only has a strength of 60 and Aura Sphere had 90.

Maylene, May, and Anabel all have different va's. Maylene is voiced by Rachael Lillis, May was voiced by Michele Knotz, and Anabel by Hilary Thomas

Maylene, May, and Anabel all have different va's. Maylene is voiced by Rachael Lillis, May was voiced by Michele Knotz, and Anabel by Hilary Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    Really? Jeez, I thought they were all the same. I've really got to read up more on Bulbapedia.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast