Thread: Emerald: need help to complete Hoenn dex

Default Emerald: need help to complete Hoenn dex

Hi there!

Cannot figure out how to complete Hoenn Dex: I do miss (never encountered them):
    Treecko (and its 2 evolutions), the 2 evolutions of Clamperl (the 2 done via trading with deepsea tooth/scale) and Swampert (evolution of Marshtomp).
    So I miss only 6 pokemons. I play with a DS (do not have gba): is there any way to encounter them without doing trades?

I've tried to see if I can get them by breeding, but unfortunately not...any idea/help? Can I meet them in battle frontier? If yes, how?
    Thanks a lot if you can help, already done 150 hours of playing and really want to complete hoenn dex if possible.
    Cheers,
    pranella

you cant get them without trading. you might want to consider buying ruby/sapphire, so you can get the starters easily, or find a friend with the game, but otherwise, no.
    you might meet the starters in the battle frontier, as im pretty sure you can meet virtually any pokemon in battle frontier, but im prtty sure you cant meet huntail/gorebyss there... trading is your only option...

(by the way, how did you get non-emerald pokemon on your game, like zangoose? if you cant trade)

I just noticed this generation has great grass types! (except serperior)

Hi YoYie, thanks for the reply! I don't know how I've got Zangoose, but it appears I've encountered it, cause it shows up in the dex.
    I'll try to do a lot of battles in the battle frontier and see if I'm lucky to meet the missing starters pokemons!
    If I buy ruby/sapphire, I'll not solve problem because I do have ds (and not gba) so cannot trade w/ emerald, am I right?

You might consider getting a GBA, since you can't wireless trade from a DS to GBA.
    Now, I've completed the Pokedex on Ruby twice, so I can give you some useful advice on how to complete it

OK, a very useful way to complete it is to trade a lot with friends. See if any friends of yours have a Treecko or any of it's evolutions. You can obtain Huntail/Gorebyss (evolutions of Clamperl), but only 1. Ask a friend if they have it or not. As for Swampert, do what I've benn telling you a lot.

Chosing one of my eleven swords
    is simply just like chosing
    a chess piece from a chess game.
    Just like each powerful sword has
    its own value and speciality,
    each chess piece has its own.

Hi Pokenicks,

Thanks for the reply. I do not have friends w/ GBA so only option seems to be that I buy 2 GBA and 1 more game and do trades between myself!
    That is a too expensive solution to complete my Hoenn dex :-))))
    I will try to see if I have some luck with the battle frontier, but understood that is not possibile to meet the 2 evolutions of clampearls so I'll miss 2 pokemons, anyway :-((((((((

Quote Originally Posted by pranella View Post
    Hi Pokenicks,Thanks for the reply. I do not have friends w/ GBA so only option seems to be that I buy 2 GBA and 1 more game and do trades between myself!
    That is a too expensive solution to complete my Hoenn dex :-))))
    If you have a GC, you can rent/buy Colosseum, buy a GBA--> GC link cable, rent Ruby/Sapphire, and use the GC to transfer pokemon between games. Slow, but cheaper.
    Pearl FC: 0430 5238 5397
    Platinum FC: 5155 9132 7698

Shinies
    Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
    Pearl: Purugly

Need help with breeding chains? PM me

There is no possible way to complete the Hoenn pokedex without trading except cheating using GameShark etc.

The stillness of the deep blue ocean which surrounds us is like our hearts

Cute Pokemon Club
    The Graphics Club

Pokemon you met in Battle Frontier WON'T be added to the Dex.
    Pokemon you met in the Contests however, are added to your Dex

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Trainer View Post
    Pokemon you met in Battle Frontier WON'T be added to the Dex.
    Pokemon you met in the Contests however, are added to your Dex
    Thanks for the tip! I do not like a lot contests (quite boring...) but I will give it a try!

also, how did you see machamp/alakazam? you can only get him by trading machoke/kadabra, but since you cant trade, and i know no place where you see machamp/alakazam???or did i make a mistake

I just noticed this generation has great grass types! (except serperior)

There are trainers who has Alakazam & Machamp in Emerald. The fighting-type Gym Leader (forgot his name) use a Machamp after some battles with him.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Default i have a problem

i have every pokemon but still my pokedex says 199 pokemon on emerald do you know what the problem is?

Don't bump threads that are over a month old - this one was almost an entire year old.

And you're not very clear either... Plus, unless it's some glitch (which I really doubt), or the game is fake, than you must have missed a Pokemon then. Make sure to check - and if you still need help, use the Official Help thread in the FAQ subsection here - that's what it is for.

Closed.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current Article: From RSE to ORAS - what has improved? We look at aspects that changed for better or worse.
    Previous Article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar: minty-fivestar on DA, edited background/cropping. Fic banner: cieux.