Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Treecko, Torchick or mudkip On Emerald

Default Treecko, Torchick or mudkip On Emerald

Which starter Pokemon should I get on Pokemon Emerald?
    A fan of SpongeBob and a fan of May/Haruka

This Banner is made by Amazingkiss

[IMG]http://i12.*******.com/2djb15c.png[/IMG]
    This Banner is made by Umi Mizuno
    I love May fans & SpongeBob fans

it's all your own choice, any pokemon will do.
    just bear in mind that mudkip is kinda like a starter for beginnners, you will beat the game smoothly
    torchic is going to be tough at the beginning, but at the end it's really strong
    treecko is also nice, but not as strong as the others, and is going to make a tougher game than the others.

I just noticed this generation has great grass types! (except serperior)

I chose Treecko. He saved my *ss in the E4.
    Claimed: Grovyle - November 10th, 2013
    Chapter 17 is up.

Treecko. Can learn tons of stuff and killer speed for a grass type.

Definitely Treecko. It learns Leaf Blade (the only pokemon to learn it in rse, well Grovyle and Sceptile do) and it isnt hampered by awkward typing like fire/fighting and water/ground
    and I'm going to have to disagree with you, YoYie, because if anything, I have always found that starting with Treecko made the game easier toward the end and in battle frontier compared to starting with the other two

It all depends on how easy you want things to be

Mudkip is best to use for begginers. He will hold his weight on almost all of the gyms

Torchic will have a hard time against Roxxanne, but after that, he becomes pretty useful

Treeko is probobly going to give you the most challenge. I like him a lot but he will make Wattson VERY hard to beat

These are just my experiences with all 3 starters. I picked Treeko in Ruby, Torchic in Sapphire, and Mudkip in Emerald

Actually for all of you saying torchic is the hardest in the beginning, you're wrong. (In my opinion anyway. :P) Evolving it to a Combusken (Level 16), isn't that hard, and when you do you get double kick (super effective on rock type PKMN). Also you get peck at level 15/16 on your torchic (Super Effective on fighting type) Finally, the 3rd gym has lots of Steel/Electric PKMN, which you can just ember or double kick (both Super Effective on steel type PKMN) to their doom. :P

Mudkip and Torchic are easy for beginners. Sceptile is better for endgame, especially Battle Fronteir. I love my Sceptile to death, but if you're more of a beginner choose Torchic or Mudkip. :O

I agree with squirrel...though I'm partial to Torchic/Blaziken...

MY SHINY CARD All mine! <3

Feel free to add, just PM me so I can add back
    CURRENT HUNTS:
    HG- SR- 500 Pt- SR- 715

I have to say Treecko, even though its a pain when you get to the 3rd, 4th and 6th gyms.

Anti-gracefulshipper and proud of it!

Adopted Newbie: Ultimamage
    My deviantART:
    http://seduction-remix.deviantart.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi-chamo View Post
    The obvious reason why Emerald didn't get hurt is because of his big hair.
    92% of teens would die if Abercrombie and Fitch/ Hollister said it wasn't cool to breathe.
    Put this on your sig if you are one of the 8% who would die laughing! Started by maxx unlimited.
    A site to go to for insanity-

I go with mudkip usually, but for emerald I'd say that treecko pays off more than any other. Especially since the champion is a water trainer. (though it doesn't make much of a difference).
    My Platinum FC is 1934-8386-5285
    My HeartGold FC is 0475-0093-3302

mudkip is da bomb!

I owuld say Mudkip, since when he evovles to Swampert, Swampert only has one weakness - Grass. But at least Swampert has the advantage of using Ice beam, freezing Grass foes.

Chosing one of my eleven swords
    is simply just like chosing
    a chess piece from a chess game.
    Just like each powerful sword has
    its own value and speciality,
    each chess piece has its own.

I would say mudkip, because she does well throughout, nice and consistent.
    Treeko if you are looking for a challenge.
    And Torchic if you are going to need a fire type.

training up my team.

mudkip is the best for begginers but I found that in my experience that Torchic is the most fun to use.
    The one thing that does not abide by majority rule is a person's conscience
    To Kill A Mockingbird

It is no matter, let Hercules himself do what he may, the cat will mew, and dog will have his day.
    Hamlet Act V Scene I

Mudkip:
    Pros - Has the best typing for the majority of gym leader battles, with proper TMs can be a great asset against the Elite 4.
    Cons - Before you get surf, his best moves will be mud shot and and strength. He severely lacks in good moves until you start teaching him stuff like surf and ice beam on your own.

Torchic:
    Pros - Has the best stat distribution. In-game attacks and speed are best and he has the best ratio for both. Learns better moves faster, and completely obliterates the Elite 4. They have a severe weakness to fighting (nearly half the Elite 4 Pokemon are weak to it x_x) and he takes advantage of that.
    Cons - Typing isn't so great against gym leaders, lack of defense hurts him before his power gets higher in later levels.

Treeko:
    Pros - Learns false swipe around when you get through the Elite 4 making it convenient to complete your Pokedex...
    Cons - Brings nothing to the table for gym leaders, defense is more hindering than Torchic, has way too mch speed and not enough of anything else, has an extremely limited movepool, is barely useful (as far as type coverage goes) against the Elite 4 and has terrible level up moves before leaf blade and not much after it.

Basically Torchic and Mudkip each bring something to the table to make them helpful throughout the game. Treeko is the one you pick when you don't want a starter who's going to straight up make things a cakewalk for you.

~~

I personally reccomend against choosing Water starters in general unless you have other games with which to trade and get all three starters. Water is a very common type, and found literally everywhere in the game. Mudkip can easily find replacements if you don't choose it.

Blaziken ends up being very helpful in the long run, but if you're a veteran, Treecko is worth the effort it takes to train it well. Ezpecially since both the last Gym and the Champion focus on the water type.
    Friend Code: 5026-5649-8262
    Pokémon X ∙ Animal Crossing
    Friend Safari: Meditite, Pancham, Tyrogue

In the first times I went with mudkip. And I put him in lvl 100. But now I pick torchic and train only him. Of course then I catch kyogre, groudon or rayquaza depending if I am playing sapphire, ruby or emerald. It's easy to beat all gyms and the pokeleague that way. I don't know about you but I can do it easily. The reason I picked torchic is because in the final evolution (blaziken) it's cool (frankly) and it's easier to do 1-hit-ko. When I had mudkip I loved wingulls. I catched a lot of pokemons and after the 5th gym I didn't know what to do, so I trained for weeks and then someone said what to do. It was then that I had lvl 100 Swampert

Mudkip of course. But this thread is gonna get closed you know. Dammit Carl......... WWWHHYYY!?

I have claimed the beast that is Shieldon.
    Credits to Geekachu for my amazing licky.
        Spoiler:- The rest of my sig:

Quote Originally Posted by YoYie View Post
    it's all your own choice, any pokemon will do.
    just bear in mind that mudkip is kinda like a starter for beginnners, you will beat the game smoothly
    torchic is going to be tough at the beginning, but at the end it's really strong
    treecko is also nice, but not as strong as the others, and is going to make a tougher game than the others.
    This pretty much sums it up. One thing I must add about Mudkip, is that rival battles might be tough if they pull any grass moves since water and ground have a 4x weakness to grass.

i usually take torchic even though he will have a tough time against roxanne thats why i catch a marill early on
    also cos torchic can evolve into combusken and ultimately BLAZEKIN cos he is fire fighting which means he can be super effective against many types eg. grass, ice, normal, rock and many more =]

Treeco all the way. Has a great move pool for a grass type. The only snag you might hit is in the 3rd gym. but by that stade you should have a half decent team built up.

A for horses
    B for mutton
    C for yourself

I think you should pick torchick because when it is a lvl.80 blazekin it will not be beaten easily.
    Last edited by creator of arceus; 1st February 2010 at 3:18 AM. Reason: I forgot spelling in my sentence.

Treecko.It has a great move set though it`s evovltions.

Smashin' !

Treeco, When it evolves to grovyle it learns leaf blade

Treecko. But Mudkip is da awsomest :3

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast