Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Shipping Oscars 2007/2008

best AdvanceShipping Fic Trials of the Elite Four by Master_in_Training

nominations are closed -_-

If you wish to vote, follow the rules and form that are posted on the page before, please...
    Because of serebiiforums, my Life has been put on hold...

...wait, that sounds wrong...
    ...yeah, it's the other way around.

My Works : A, B, C, D, E

...so I don't get why the votes are being sent to me because when I send votes to you, Mark, by PM, it will still count towards your inbox. ._. I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but guys, PM shadow_shipper with your votes, as I'm not going to be here much until April 23rd. Thank you. =)

Um, I already PM'd Chelc with the votes because that was what shadow_shipper told me to do when I asked about whether I should send them to Chelc when she was on vacation. So since I already PM'd my votes to Chelc, do I resend them to shadow_shipper?

ok, pm me, i don't care, I'll just need to have enough free space in my pm box

PEOPLE PLEASE VOTE !! SEND ME PMs !!!

I've gotten like, ten votes at maximum, and that really saddens me...
    SO voting is open untill end of May !

Voting shall officially end on Saturday, 31st May 2008, 11.59 pm CET

And there shall be no deadline.

Voting has ended

Thanks to all those who have nominated and voted !

As for now, I need to count the votes, finish the banners/prizes, but first and foremost, concentrate on the three weeks of exams ahead of me ^^'

Expect results and prizes around the end of June !
    Until then, have fun, and keep on with reading, writing and reviewing

Results and Prizes are in !!

Thanks to some spare time today, I was able to finish all the banners and even ask ~Mist~ to upload them Big thanks to her again !

Go check out on the first page who won what, and even if you won something xD

You may now officially link the Awards Banneres to your sig, or in your fic, or whatever...

Congratulations to the winners, andfor those who haven't won anything...better luck next year, keep trying

Winning Speeches, reactions and comments are welcome !

Default Ehhhhhhhhh?!

*goggles* I won all these?! Well, ok, I tied for two and one category only had me in it, but still...I'm in shock. O_O

YAY! Now I can open my mouth, lmao. xD Wow...

I'm so happy that Christmas Understanding won. I'm surprised because I didn't even expect it! But a big thank you to those for voted for it! Now I feel like reading it again! xD

Seriously?! Whoa, I'm honored! Never gotten somehting like that before besides reviewing way back in '05. I'm quite flattered, but I'm thrilled to have this one. I was like "What? I won? o___o!!!" But, I'm happy for that. I feel like I've done something good for the sake of Pokeshipping. Thank you all so much for this one! I appreciate it! ;__;

=D! I'm happy to have this one. Why is it that I often end up getting a reviewer award? The whole irony of it all was my last award was Most Beloved Reviewer and now I got Most Critical?! Why, that's awesome. I don't mind being hard on anyone as long as it helps others in the end. Thankies!

o___________o!!! Holy shrimp, Unbreakable did it?! My god, I'm really happy about this one. I think this story is the one I'm proud of the most of them all in my writing. I'm thrilled to have won this one; I worked very hard on it [like nearly half a year]. Words just can't express how happy I am. I just want to print out my story and hug it to pieces! My most prized one shot. <3 Thank you, guys! I don't know what to do without you guys! Thankies! ;________;

SEA did it, yay! I'm glad that it's gotten a bunch of awwws for people; I already had a feeling since I started writing this one, people would say how it would be like that. I'm glad I can get that factor from my reviewers; I owe you guys. Thank you!

I am so putting all of these awards in my writing community. At last I have something to be proud of with my writing! <3 Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou! [/superfastspeedtalkingme] xDDD My god, I'm shocked that I won five awards! Daaaaaaaamn! xD That is one of my lucky numbers, so yay! But thank you again, guys! This made my day. It makes me want to write more, which I will do sometime! <3

I have to say a big congratulations to everyone who won! I'm especially happy for Orenji-chan, Medea, Brian, Uza-chan, Mark, & Avegaille! Great job, everyone! Everyone keep trying their best. ^^

And no problem Mark, it's the last I could do. ^^;

*runs over to her community like hell* xD
    For those who'd like to keep in contact, you know where to find me. ♥

I was in against some real tough competition in three of the four categories I won (and the one I tied in), and those other people who were nominated all deserve major recognition for their work. They may not have won, but they would never have been nominated if their work was anything less than superb.

Thank you to everyone who voted for my works. It always makes an author feel good when their writing is appreciated so much, and it really serves as a major inspiration to keep on writing. I can't help but find it ironic that two of my awards were for PearlShipping fanfiction, considering that I am more of an AdvanceShipper, but it's all good. ^^

My fanfictions
    Advanceshipping: Final Challenge
    Pikashipping: Raikou's Test, Emotions
    Pearlshipping: Searching for Truth
    Other: Reaching Out, Welcome Home

Wow, I. Am. Surprised. Seriously, I won four awards. I'm, wow, I don't know what else to say. Last year, I won a special award. Which seemed pity-ish but either way, this year I won stuff for my fanfics and me. ;-; I'm so happy right now, thank you for hosting the Oscars this year shadow_shipper, and thanks to all those who nominated/voted for me and read my fanfic(s). It totally makes it worth while to write them knowing someone takes the time to read and review them.

I am so totally honored and happy right now, thanks!

I can't believe Thinking about the Sky won something! Thank you very much! Granted, in the end, both of my fanfics were the only ones nominated, but still, I'm very happy to accept this award. I wrote this one-shot in an hour I think, and maybe because of this award, I'll continue writing for Kyo/Tohru in the near future.

I'm sad I wasn't able to win this award for IP2, but still, for me to win it still means a lot to me since I'm still new to writing multi-shipping fanfics. Thank you, thank you, thank you. *graciously accepts award*

Wow, this nomination was a last minute one by you Mark, if I remember correctly, yet, I won. O_O And I was going against PikamasterADV and Matkin22! I'm... surprised and very, very grateful. Thank you once again.

Yay!!!! IP2 did win an award!!!!! I suppose I can fully say that IP2 is the fanfic I am most proud of. For how many praises it has gotten and just the fact that I have a lot of fun writing for it. For it to win an award just makes it all worth while. And Most Suspenseful too! I.. wow, I don't know what to say now except more thank yous!!!!!

Four awards, wow!!! I won a special award last year, and this year I won four shipping oscars (which I probably should say instead of awards) After changing around my signature, I'll find a way to fit in one or two of these banners in. ;-; Again, I am very very grateful. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. For me to even be compared to such great authors as those who I've gone against in nominations is... well, I don't know, I never imagined my writing would have gone this far. Maybe these oscars I've gotten will help me with my writer's block.

Again, thank you! ^_^ I don't even think I can say how happy I am right now. xD If that makes sense.

THANK YOU!!!!

EDIT: I'M SO BAD! O_O I forgot to congratulate everyone else! xD;; Congrats Encyclopika, PikamasterADV, and Orenji-chan!!!!!! YOU GUYS ALL DESERVED TO WIN!!! ~Mist~, not only are you talented at making banners but your writing is incredible to read! I'm very happy your fanfics won awards! And of course Mark ! Who, I think, is a new writer this year...? Also, congrats to Zubeon, I am very very glad that your trilogy won Best Multi-Shipping fic (as well as the other awards it won! And see? Dante IS a cool enough OC to win an award for himself ), it deserved to win. Congrats cichawk! For winning Best First time shipping author!!!! And omg, Tbone won something too!!!!! X3 GOOD JOB TYLER!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also, congrats to everyone else! Everyone, and I mean everyone deserved to win! And to those who didn't win, hopefully your chance will come next year! (I'M SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW! XD)
    Last edited by Uzamaki Hinata; 7th June 2008 at 9:38 AM.
    ~*Uza-chan's Good bye*~

IS SUPAH FIIIINE

O:
    Wow, I actually won something? *spazzes like a little fangirl*
    That's pretty awesome!
    Best Manga Shipping Writer, eh? I think that's pretty cool considering that Ed Phoneix is also a very good writer too. (:

And, well, Shattered Memories? ;~;
    I was hoping Searching would get the vote but that's fine too. *nods*

Thanks for all of your votes and support!
    *jumps off to go work on my fan-fictions*

Hooray for another splendid ceremony. I really love the Shipping Oscars - it's good to see that the fic writing here is treated so well and authors can get more than reviews. ^^

What I like about some of these awards is that I got the same ones last year. XD It's just really cool to think the members that voted for me still think I deserve those awards and for that and that I'm still doing a good job. I am truely pleased with these results.

Congrats to CuteDrew. Happy to share this one with ya. ;D

I'm so honored to get this one, really. It's such a big honor to be named as such, and I thank the people who nominated me. I'm a little surprised that I actually won this one with no competition. I don't really know how I should take that, and so I'll just be really happy people thought I was the only one who should win it. XD;;

This one is special. Yes, another I got last year...but what makes getting this even more special is that it's not a duplicate as it's for Demons of Metropolis, not Contest Tie. I'm so happy Demons got this one - this was the award I was really hoping for. Thank you all so much. ^^!!!

Another I'm very honored to still have. I really appreciate getting this one. I know what ~Mist~ is talking about when she said she feels she's done something good for her ship. I do too. It's an honor to be named as such.

Now this one is new. XD Yes, I am pretty confident most of the time. Not gonna go and deny it. D: Thank you very much! XD!<3

=D This I was pleasantly surprised with. I know the person I was up against is a tough competitor in any of these categories. Overall, I'm just really glad people like Demons' plot...that story is all about its plot. <3

Thanks to everyone who voted for me. I really appreciate them! And congratulations to everyone who won.
    I know I said this at another fic ceremony, but I think even those authors who didn't win should feel honored. Nominations really show that your reviewers enjoy your story, but in a different way that comes around once a year. Rejoice! =D Rounds of applause!
    Encyclopika's Fic of the Moment:

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Has a deviantART account and a Tumblr
    Is on Fanfiction.net.
    Need a moveset for a specific Pokemon for a specific contest? PM me!
    Don't reply to my infractions. It's not gonna change anything.

Random friend requests do nothing. Let's actually talk first. >_<

I think of the three awards that I was nominated for, this was the one I wanted to win the most. To be considered the best of any genre, section or niche of writing is nothing short of an honor and I thank all of those that were curious or wondered about it, those that offered a helping hand, and those who understand why I do what I do. Avegaille was great competition and her writing has improved greatly over time. She will be one to watch in the near future. Once again, thank you all for the opportunity.

I was up for that award? Okay time for speech!

Well this is a great feeling. It means that people actually care about my story. It really does. I want to first thank my readers/reviewers. Without you, I would not be typing this sappy stuff right now. Putting up with me every week with my crazy plot twists, deaths, weird get-togethers, you people rock out loud. Next, I want to thank my best friend Marcus for this award. It was because of his precious memories of high school as well as mine, that I was able to come up with the story. I would also love to thank...the cast and crew of Boston Public. I was also inspired by that especially all of the twists and shocks throughout the story. Thank you all for this award and congratulations to Artemis Ignitan as well. I am truly honored!
    Last edited by Medea; 5th June 2008 at 1:43 AM.

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

0pijnmioplkmbktkb;sl;kmkebkslkbksgmlmkllkgnAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!! !!!!! I didn't even know I was nominated.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

XD Congrats to everyone... 8D Wow, you all deserve those awards you got... and as for me... well, since I'm the only one nominated on the category I won... my first award... let me tell you that... *runs*

Rave, don't deny it, you know you're the best Yaoi/Yuri writer who has entered the internet world... =P Glad to have such competition with ya and thanks for telling me my writing has improved... xD;

GPXPlus Profile | Electromaster | Alert; Obsessions
    Paired with the awesome Orion-Sama~

OMG! I am running around like a headless chicken! I truly, never imagined someone would like my fic enough to nominate and vote for. I feel so honored and recognized! Thank you, shadow_shipper, and everyone who made this possible.

You guys have no idea how encouraging this is, I am gonna work on the sequels twice as hard

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you so much to everyone. You don't know how much this means to me :'(
    We all live in a Pokemon World
    Check out my fanfic here!
        Spoiler:- Shipping Oscars Winner:

Set by my very good friend Ookamish from the RS Shrine

Best first time author eh? That's completely unexpected to me. Never knew enough people read my fic to find me worthy of this award. But anyway, thanks to all who nominated and voted for me.

My only regret is that I don't update often enough. Maybe the summer will bring
    more time, and perhaps my main fic will be finished within this year.

Well, most improved...

Cool. I'd have to agree that I definately have improved, and that my early stuff left a lot to be desired, so...

Cool.

Congrats cichawk, a much deserved award - and PikamasterADV got it last year!

Yay for Uza-chan as well - she deserved everything she got.

My applause goes out to everyone else, as well.

But, if you don't mind doing a recolor, I have quick request. I'd like to withdraw from the joint ownership of the "Most Determined Shipping Author", if at all possible. Master_in_Training wrote two LOOOONG fics and many many oneshots in less than a year. If that's not determination, then I don't know what is.

I don't really think my 21 chapters and two one-shots can compete with that.

Next year, I am so getting an award with Best in its name, not Most.

Bring it on.

Ok, let's do my speech as well xD
    First to all those who nominated and voted, thank you again ! And those who are thanking me for organising it, well, we need stuff like these awards lol

Heh, my first attempt at writing a decent fanfic turned out pretty well ^^'
    Massive thanks for this one,since winning this award after the likes of Jo-jo, masterwannabe (aka. Draco Malfoy) and Encyclopika have won this award...truly means a lot to me. Thank you !!!

This one is giving me a bittersweet reaction :/
    Since, ok, thank you for this, but yeah, only nominee in it's category, and when I re-read it, I found some mistakes. Some big mistakes, and frankly, had somebody else written a multi-shipping one-shot this year that was of equal level, I would have voted for that...
    Don't get me wrong, I love my work, and the effort I put into that one, and that's why I'm glad I got this one !! Thank you !! ^^

Most avid...I guess I am xD
    I can live with that lol I really am enthusiastic about my work, and maybe I don't give as much helpful advice as Mist (which is why she won the critical award xD) I really do take pride in what I do

My prized posession...
    Everything I worked for ever since I registered here, I've found a pleasure in reading what others write...And as it would have been selfish for me to just keep those impressions for myself, I felt a need to give feedback.
    The rest is just history

Thank you, as this is as much a recognition of my work, as is the best fic award for a writer ^^

As for you, Lord Zant, are you really certain you wish to withdraw from that category ? Since, imo, you were determined to improve yourself and your writing...I don't see why you shouldn't be deserving

Keep on writing, next year's edition begins now

Oh ma gosh, thank you so much, everyone who voted for me. It means a lot that people still appreciate my writing, even after my updates becoming rarer and I'm really sorry about that.
    To be tied for 1st with Encyclopika is fab in itself, because I can remember talking to her when I joined this site for the very first time. She told me to go read Demons of Metropolis (and not bother to start Contest Tie 'cause it would take me too long) and I thought her writing ability was astounding.

As for the Yougest Shipping Author, well, thank you is all I can really say. I look back on the early chapters of HC and GoL and think...good grief, how was anyone motivated to read this? Even my latest chapters- I'm just not very good at writing fan fictions and better at my novel, so I find it so flattering that you still think I'm worthy of recognition.

Thank you again
    Lots of love

Samantha xxx

Samantha Jane
    Facebook

Ack! The bitter crush of defeat...

Not that I mind; I'm happy that an unknown like me even got nominated for anything ^^ Particularly for Bayleef-tan - I'm happy it was recognised, as Chikoshipping is such an obscure pairing and I'm very proud of the work on it.

Congratulations to shadow_shipper for running this year's awards and surviving. And hey the banners actually look good this year (I loled when I saw the inverted banners - edgy :D) I'm particularly pleased that Uza-chan won her awards, as she really deserved them.

Same time next year, guyz!?
    Good Love Charm
    *COMPLETE*

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast