Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Shipping Oscars 2007/2008

PikamasterADV may not be with us at this time, but I will personally make sure that he receives his awards for his accomplishments. Everybody here has done a great job with their work and I want to say a job well done. Good luck next year.
    My Music Playlist

Lost in a sea of sadness
    Blind in this place of darkness
    If I fall, would you be there to raise me up?
    Or will I be the forgotten one?

Gongratulations to all winners, and a special thanks for Shadow for making this oscars possible.

I have one tiny question though, why isn't PikamasterADV (who has won 8 awards!) nominated for best writer overall (together with Encyclopika)? Just a question though.
    Bring Back The Golden Age

Quote Originally Posted by Gazmof View Post
    Congratulations to shadow_shipper for running this year's awards and surviving. And hey the banners actually look good this year (I loled when I saw the inverted banners - edgy ) I'm particularly pleased that Uza-chan won her awards, as she really deserved them.

Same time next year, guyz!?
    Bet on it

Thanks for the compliments, especially on the banners ^^' yeah, I guess the "inverted" idea did turn out pretty cool xDD Glad you liked them

And Hunter, to answer the question, I honnestly don't know...
    Nobody made the effort of nominating Pikamaster for that category, which is a terrible shame, since there was no competition for one of the most anticipated categories :/
    For example, I nominated Encyclopika in my nominations, Medea did second it, and besides us two, nobody has ever added another nominee for that category...Maybe you should have dropped by sooner or something ?
    Last edited by shadow_shipper; 5th June 2008 at 9:49 PM.
    Because of serebiiforums, my Life has been put on hold...

...wait, that sounds wrong...
    ...yeah, it's the other way around.

My Works : A, B, C, D, E

Well, for one, I'm not complaining.

Eight awards! I'm surprised!

Uh, this is where people shout "Speach, Speach!", right?

I guess we'll do things the way I like. That is, one at a time.

"Best AdvanceShipping Fic"

Well, I'm not that confident in my actual writing ability to claim it as "the best." I guess it depends on what people like. Especially since the fic hasn't ended and the story's conclusion could change interpretations. But since last semester was so rough, and I'm still not having a lot of time to write now what with my girlfriend's High School Graduation and such, I haven't even been able to read much fanfiction recently. So I feel bad that I can't comment on what others have read.

"Best AdvanceShipping One-Shot"

Now I have read "She Returned". And it is indeed a lemon. But (personally), I feel that sex scenes are often forced, especially in One-Shots. And Especially in Pokemon. So it's though to write something believable like that. In my opinion, you'll need a multishipping fic to build up to it. (Don't get your hopes up. It ain't happening in any of my stuff.)

"Best AdvanceShipping Author."

Again, I feel bad since I haven't had time to read the works of these other authors. If they're up here, then they must be pretty good, right? But I feel bad because I haven't read that.

"Most Romantic Shipping Author"

What got me in the running for this? MC2 is definately lacking in the Superma romance that MC1 and various one-shots I've written have. That leaves Custom Christmas... I s'pose that may have been it. *shrugs*

"Most Popular Author"

What the damn?! I beat Encyclo-freakin'-pika? There must be a mistake. I am not worthy. I don't see how someone who disappears for several months is the most popular one, but somehow, I won. I am shocked and amazed. Thank you very much.

"Most Humble Author"

I guess I can see this one fitting. I am not confident at all in my abilities, even when they apparently shine through. Perhaps I should feel more confident upon receiving this.

"Most Likely to become a successful author"

Wow, I am honored. It's my goal to be a successful author. I'm going to college to be an English Teacher, but only because I figure that Writing won't pay the bills. If I can get writing to pay the bills, that would be awesome. Here's to the future!

"The Shipping Story that Always Keeps You On the Edge of Your Seat"

I have to credit this award to Tales of Symphonia. That's where I learned that you have to slam your readers with plot twist after plot twist after plot twist...

As far as the "Best Overall" Category, I don't think I'd have beaten Encyclopika twice. Once was probably because lots of ASers like my stuff. I don't think I'm near that level, yet.

In conclusion, I want to thank everyone who nominated me and voted in the awards entirely. I'm sorry that I've sorta been away for a bit, but as soon as things settle down, I'll get back to work. See you on the battlefield.

Banner by Scenice. Origonal Fanart by Suzu.
    And the Prequel: May's Crush
    My Fanfiction.net Profile
    Eternally an Advanceshipper
    It may be hard, but it's not impossible!

Well, it's certainly taken my long enough to respond to this... I guess I really don't spend enough time on the forums due to the rampant lag. ^_^; Add to that I didn't think I stood a snowball's chance in hell of winning any kind of award.

I guess I just want to say thanks to those who voted for my story. But more importantly, I'd like to thank those who simply read it. Knowing people are reading and enjoying my work is far more important than any award could ever be.

And finally, I want to say I'm sorry. I know I've been rather lacking in the fanfic department ever since writing An Appealing New Year, but I do have plans for more fics, and will get around to writing them as soon as I'm able. So until then... thank you. ^_^
    Last edited by Yaezakura; 6th June 2008 at 3:42 AM.

Wowz! I actually won a Shipping Oscar? Last year was a Special Award which was cool but obviously not as fulfilling as this. Seriously, thanks to everyone who nominated me for Cutest Shipping Fic and the other categories in which I was a nominee and for any votes I might have gotten . When I saw that I was a nominee for 4 categories... wow... that just seriously brightened up my day.

And to my readers and reviewers... THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING AND REVIEWING! If you're an author, you know how much these two things mean to you. And without you guys, "Heartbroken Again and Again" would never have been so much of a success as it is now. Also, I'd probably never finish the story if it weren't for all of you! (And that is a promise to finish the story when I escape from school's clutches unless I die. So... if you don't see an update or a post for a year or something... assume I'm dead. lolz)

Also, shadow_shipper, you really have my thanks for hosting this year's shipping oscars. You did an awesome job on it

Last, but not least, congrats to all of you who have been nominated and have claimed the Oscars! You all deserve it!

click on my banner to go to my CS fic! (no flames!)

Hey, congratulations to the winners, and especially to my fellow Advanceshippers (Matkin, cichawk, Lord Zant, Uza-chan and of course, PikamasterADV)! Also, thanks to shadow_shipper for spending all that time laboriously counting nominations and hosting the event - much appreciated.

Can't say I was really expecting anything for myself, especially as I was nominated twice in the same catagories as Pikamaster, but I'd have tried to improve my writing either way, so it doesn't really matter.

Once again, congratulations to all the winners, all the nominees and to everyone who writes fanfics....Keep writing! (I guess the "Keep Writing" goes for me too . Let's see how Sacred Fire goes...)
    Last edited by EarthBorn; 6th June 2008 at 12:32 PM.

I'm trying to think of a post that won't come across as arrogant or worse, indifferent, but it is hard for me to say anything of any real scope because, quite simply, I don't read shippings. I've read a few oneshots here and there, but I've never actually followed a ship the way others do. So from the get-go, that very fact makes me feel undeserving of these awards. But I don't want you to think I don't appreciate them, that I'm not grateful for them, because I do and I am. I'll try and elaborate.

First off I'd like to say how surprised I am to find myself writing a speech. The INXS project was such a vaudevillian enterprise that I can hardly believe it had enough support even to garner short-list nominations, let alone win in the categories. A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one. Thanks a bunch.

Now to the individual awards.

Best MultiShipping Fic
    Like I said before, I don't really read other shippings, but I have noticed the names Medea, Brian Powell and Uzamaki Hinata next to some of the most read and reviewed fics on the first page of the Shipping Fics forum. That would lead me to the conclusion that these three are heavyweights in the shipping world, and well worth their nominations.

Most Action-Packed Story
    I don't care how arrogant this sounds: but with fires, floods, earthquakes, world travel, 4-on-3 battles, fist-fights, train chases, break-ins, murders and all the stuff about to happen in Elegantly Wasted, if I deserve any of these awards, it's this one. Thanks a bunch.

Favourite Character
    As John Hammond said: "I really hate that man." It's interesting to see that not everyone does. Frankly I would have given it to Houndoom or Tania, but since neither of them have had much to do lately...

Best Shipping Fic Rated Over R
    All three parts of the trilogy were rated R. Do I even qualify for over R?

Best Multi-Genre Shipping Author
    Thanks. This one means the most to me because it tells me that despite my flagrant disregard for sensible narrative you can still follow the story.

So I come to the end of this rambling post (I blame everything bad about it on this horrific headache I'm currently enduring) by saying a big thanks to all the readers and voters, especially to shadow_shipper for all his hard work and his omnipresence - I can honestly say without him I would not still be updating Elegantly Wasted (however infrequently).

And of course, a big congratulations to all the winners and nominees.

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zubeon View Post
    Best Shipping Fic Rated Over R
    All three parts of the trilogy were rated R. Do I even qualify for over R?
    To be accurate, the category awards actually : "best fic rated R or over"
    I copied the categories from last year, made some adjustments, reorganised some categories, but I forgot to arrange that one...soe yeah, you kinda deserve it then.

And, I appreciate the thanks concerning my efforts in this and in reviewing. That means everything to me, knowing that you, and all of you, appreciate the work I do...
    Because of serebiiforums, my Life has been put on hold...

...wait, that sounds wrong...
    ...yeah, it's the other way around.

My Works : A, B, C, D, E

Talking

HOLY <!@#$%> !!

Wow, I never even thought I'd get nominated for something or even win it! I guess since I was the only Pearlshipping Oneshot on the list It was kind of a shoe-in.

Haha I went through the whole thread and I saw that Uza-Chan nominated me :P thanks so much !! You're like my only and #1 fan, sad eh? I'm not sure if someone else nominated me, but if you did I'm sorry I couldn't find your nomination and I love you too !!

Hmm, I'm not sure If I deserve this award though, If anyone else was nominated I would've totally lost, my writing isn't exactly all that great.I'm not sure how this award thing works, but I'll take it and keep it as inspirtation to make my writing even better and one day post a pearl shipping fic that blows people away.Haha I doubt I'll ever be able to do that, but I can dream!

Well, thanks so much for the award!! It means a lot to me !!!
    That awkward moment when three years after inactivity you feel the need to come back to the fandom.

Grats all the winners and quite sad that only have 1 AbilityShipping.

Most Imaginative Shipping Author :
    This was unexpected for me. Yes, to make great stories, you have to have a some great imagination but I never knew I was the most imaginative author around. I like to thank every one who nominated and voted me for that category.

Most Realistic to Anime Shipping Fic :
    I wanted one of the cast of Goldenrod High to give a speech but I guess they couldn’t be bothered. Well, what a coincidence. Every time I write Goldenrod High, I always think how close it can be towards an anime cartoon. With all the characteristics, drama and the humour, I say you can probably tell. Again, thank you everyone who nominated and voted for me. Very proud of that.

Lastly, huge congratulations to those who got nominated and won their respective awards. You guys deserve it. Well done. ^^

Check these out:

Thanks for the card, Skiks
    Pokemon Impact (PG13):
    Series: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 (Cancelled)

Starring Black Jack, a veteran pokemon trainer who saves the lives of others while breaking necks of his enemies in cold blood. You want action? You got action!
    (Continue or Reboot? That is the question.)

Goldenrod High (Chaptered Comedy Multishipping fic PG13) Updated: 02/12/09
    Who says school is just for learning? ^^

Check out my other stories, and everyone else's in the Completed Fics forum!

Been doing some singing and voice impressions too! Check me out at the Brian Random Channel Thread!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456