Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: A Triple Fighting Chance! (536)

Um it was a Tie...

Machoke vs Staravia-Staravia wins koing Machoke with an aerial ace/quick attack
    Meditite vs Staravia-Meditite confuses Star, then is withdrawn by Ash
    Meditite vs Chimchar-Same thing happens here, chimchar gets confused then withdrawn
    Staravia is sent back out ,and proceeds to clobber meditite with Brave Bird.
    Lucario sent out, Kos Star quickly with metal claw ,then takes out Chimchar after it gets hit with Flame wheel.

Lucario vs Buizel- Action packed match up going on. After aabit, Buizel learns Water pulse to counter Aura sphere.Both attacks collide, destroying the roof,.Conveniently, it starts to rain, Buizel swift swim comes into play dodging Lucarios attacks.Both go into a head on collision, Lucario with force palm? ,and Buizel with a combination of water pulse/aqua jet.Both have a staredown then faint resulting in a tie.Maylene was happy how the battle turned out ,and gave Ash the Badge anyway.

I found it to be a very enjoyable gym battle tho...
    Last edited by Erutan; 28th February 2008 at 3:31 PM.

Despite being a tiny bit bothered by the fact that both Water Pulse AND the rain activating Swift Swim had come so conveniently, I thought the battle was highly entertaining overall. Buizel's spiteful grin when it learned Water Pulse was great too XD

Not to mention, we finally get to know what happens if a Gym Battle ends with a draw - the judgement whether the challenger had fought well enough is simply left to the Gym Leader. I wonder if there are Leaders who're pissy enough to deny the challenger the badge though.

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

omg omg omg....
    Excitement overload...
    Best damn episode in ages, and the next one seems 10x better *-*
    I'm on heaven!

And even if tails learned water pulse and the convinently destroyed roof let the rain that clouded the perfectly clear sky power up buizel, I did think this was a GREAT flaming battle!

Made my day, and I had a PE test AND a geography test.

The whole class cheated on the PE test though, literally XD

I don't care how silly Buoysel learning Water Pulse out of nowhere and getting a steriod boost from a quick shower was. The bird came, the bird saw, and the bird made them taste sweet, feather-covered Muku.JUSTICE, and that's all that really matters. You jive-turkeys can't call mah homie weak now!

That was a mega episode! I don't care that it was a tie, the 2 wins for Staravia and the Water Pulse from Buizel was what made it great!

The only thing i disliked was Lucrapio using its aura to find Chimchar underground...(and that Chimchar didnt get even one win )

Also, does anyone here understand japanese? I would like to know what Prof.Oak was saying about Ash's Gligar...
    Last edited by ShinyCharyZard; 28th February 2008 at 4:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    That was a mega episode! I don't care that it was a tie, the 2 wins for Staravia and the Water Pulse from Buizel was what made it great!

The only thing i disliked was Lucrapio using its aura to find Chimchar underground...(and that Chimchar didnt get even one win )

Can any1 understand japanese? I would like to know what Prof.Oak was saying about Ash's Gligar...
    Yeah i was thinking chimchar was gonna go head to head with meditite and get beat by Machoke. Staravia and buizel stole the show, not that there is anything wrong with it cause god knows they needed it, but chimchar was just sorta there.

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter,
    put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    Despite being a tiny bit bothered by the fact that both Water Pulse AND the rain activating Swift Swim had come so conveniently, I thought the battle was highly entertaining overall. Buizel's spiteful grin when it learned Water Pulse was great too XD
    Once I get the episode, I'll be sure to grab that image for the captions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    Not to mention, we finally get to know what happens if a Gym Battle ends with a draw - the judgement whether the challenger had fought well enough is simply left to the Gym Leader. I wonder if there are Leaders who're pissy enough to deny the challenger the badge though.
    Heh, I can of a few. Well, mostly the beginner ones perhaps. Had the show based the Goldenrod gym on the one in the game, then that whole scene with Whitney could have potentially happened... had Ash won.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post

Hehe, guess the aura can be used for finding more than Solid Snake hiding under a box!

Well, from the sounds of things, I think I'll consider this episosde as well. What was up with the 1 week delay anyhow?

I'll be sure to get some more pictures for the captions thread once I dl this. I really hope they get it on time. Not a problem, just a mild inconvenience.

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Would someone please define "It just learned water pulse." becuase it sounds to me based on what you said it knew it before just never used it

"It learned water pulse to counter aura sphere." That doesn't make sense by itself unless Buizel did know it before. and based on that one shot, none of buizel's attacks use it's arms so how the heck did Buizel manage water pulse?
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
    I don't care how silly Buoysel learning Water Pulse out of nowhere and getting a steriod boost from a quick shower was. The bird came, the bird saw, and the bird made them taste sweet, feather-covered Muku.JUSTICE, and that's all that really matters. You jive-turkeys can't call mah homie weak now!
    HELL YEAH!
    Dude I think the exact sam mukku.THING!

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Would someone please define "It just learned water pulse." becuase it sounds to me based on what you said it knew it before just never used it

"It learned water pulse to counter aura sphere." That doesn't make sense by itself unless Buizel did know it before. and based on that one shot, none of buizel's attacks use it's arms so how the heck did Buizel manage water pulse?
    It just DID!
    God damn, its not enough they refuse to accept that buizel is now ash's, they also refuse to accept it learnt water pulse!

Quote Originally Posted by niedude View Post
    HELL YEAH!
    Dude I think the exact sam mukku.THING!

It just DID!
    God damn, its not enough they refuse to accept that buizel is now ash's, they also refuse to accept it learnt water pulse!

READ MY POST.

I never doubted Buizel knowing water pulse, I'm doubting that it learned it while under Ash's control meaning it already knew it. Geez!

Edit: And I'm not one of those who hates Buizel on Ash's team...so I don't know where that came from...in fact long before Buizel was caught, I was one of those who hoped Ash would catch it.
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 28th February 2008 at 4:49 PM.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Basically, Buizel had just got floored by Lucario, and when it looked as if it had lost, Buizel gathered a ball of energy (Water Pulse). All witnesses were surprised by this, thus it should be assumed that the otter hadn't learnt it beforehand.

As for the episode in general, it was pretty awesome. I didn't expect a draw though. Thank God Staravia got redemption, especially in a Gym battle that is most suited to it. I had to laugh how both Muku and Chimchar became confused (the indication being wide purple eyes), and then began beating themselves. Someone has gotta make animated gifs of those!

It was a bit disappointing how Chimchar didn't put up much of a fight in this battle, but i'll let that one slide as this was at the expense of Staravia getting the limelight for once. Plus i'm sure it'll get its own glory soon enough anyway. :/

No matter how cheap it was that Buizel got floored about four times, then had the luck of learning Water Pulse as well as its Swift Swim ability as good as fully rejuvenating it, I thought that the battle between it and Lucario was fairly entertaining. The Water Pulse+Aqua Jet combo was very clever methinks.

And finally, a special mention for Croagunk. Once again it was used for some comic relief at the expense of Team Rocket. It's unbelievable how one second it is jabbing in a pot (presumably something to toughen it up), and the next it is outside ready to serve Tr's butt's to them on a plate. Croagunk FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Blazing Charmander View Post
    Basically, Buizel had just got floored by Lucario, and when it looked as if it had lost, Buizel gathered a ball of energy (Water Pulse). All witnesses were surprised by this, thus it should be assumed that the otter hadn't learnt it beforehand.
    All anyone had to say is Buizel started using the attack and Buizel was surprised by it. So thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
    READ MY POST.

I never doubted Buizel knowing water pulse, I'm doubting that it learned it while under Ash's control meaning it already knew it. Geez!

Edit: And I'm not one of those who hates Buizel on Ash's team...so I don't know where that came from...in fact long before Buizel was caught, I was one of those who hoped Ash would catch it.
    Dude, I wasn't saying you exactly, I was saying to ppl in general.

And it learnt the water pulse from nowhere, a tiny ball of energized water just popped up between his "palms" and he was having dificulty keeping its size for the first two/three seconds. Then, probably because of the match's adrenaline, he was able to do it three times (or four) perfectly.

This is how the battle goes, IIRC:

Spoiler:- Summary:

P.S: Everytime dawn lifted her leg you would be able to see her panties, but she was quick to cover that with pom-poms! Seriously, her skirt is getting even more dangerously lower...

BTW my computer is acting up, so I probably missed some letters on some words...

Well just now saw the episode & liked it. I am also sorry about my previous mistake about the battle match up. I didn't see any pic which told me that the match was a draw when i saw the pics so i assumed that Buizel defeated Lucario.

See what happens when you train, hopefully Chimchar and Buizel get some now since it definitely helped turned the bird around but they still didn't do too much other than Chimchar getting a good hit in on Lucario and Buizel learning water pulse.

Though some will be happy to note that i will not classify Buizel's water pulse as deus ex, simply because he did not win with it and I don't count ties as wins.

Though this is getting to be abit rediculious, is Ash ever going to BEAT a gym leader on his first try, if this keeps up then i see no way in heck he's gonna be a match for paul at the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Durden View Post
    I was RIGHT. Water Pulse. Haha.

I just pooned everyone who thought it was Aura Sphere.
    uuuh, no-one really cares and no-one likes braggers...

Wow... they can be unpreditable indeed. Not only did Chimchar NOT steal this one (or indeed perform well at all) but Buizel and Staravia kicked ***! And, of course, this one was a draw which is weird in itself. I look forward to all future gyms cause even this one managed to impress.

Whomgz, a draw in a gym battle? Sillyrabblerabblespacetimecontinumetcetc.

I wonder if Maylene will choose to file a lawsuit against Ash for roof damages?

Quote Originally Posted by The Benmeister View Post
    Whomgz, a draw in a gym battle? Sillyrabblerabblespacetimecontinumetcetc.

I wonder if Maylene will choose to file a lawsuit against Ash for roof damages?
    Probably not, as his pokemon would cream her, if she tried... *imagines Pikachu zapping Maylene* Awesome... I hope she does...
    My bishie is Grimmjow Jeagerjaques from Bleach.

PASBL
    B Grade Referee

Well, a tie is certainly an improvement from the previous two losses. Perhaps he'll now start winning.

And Staravia kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    See what happens when you train, hopefully Chimchar and Buizel get some now since it definitely helped turned the bird around but they still didn't do too much other than Chimchar getting a good hit in on Lucario and Buizel learning water pulse.
    Yeah, I'm so sad Chimchar has been getting the shaft with Ash. It has done nothing important. I want Chimchar to come alive! With the potential of being an Infernape it should have done something better.

I'm glad the bird didn't fight Lucario but still it was the star of the gym. Kudos for no more losses!

Well Chimchar prbably didn't do much this episode, but there's always the next one.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

I think this is just because the bird has no more chances to battle in gym battles after the ghost one. I expect them to keep developing it and the Chimchar can do amazing in the gyms that are left. Chimchar has tons of chances so they sacrifice some of them to do justice to the ones that will be absent in the last gym battles.

I think they are distributing their time better between pokemons which is something I always wanted. I hope they keep doing it so they can avoid the "shafting one pokemon" from Ash's team. Everybody can develop, everybody can have a great range of battles and everybody will have the necessary strength to be amazing in the gym.

Anyone remember Candice? Abomasnow, Snover, and Medicham? Don't they all share a common weakness? Staravia has another chance to shine!

Staravia was simply pwnsome. Buizel was good too, but Staravia really shined in this Gym. I'm happy that he didn't just take out Meditie and then get KOed by Machoke, it took them both down. Sucks that Chimchar didn't do much, but it'll have more chances.

How did it get so late so soon? Its night before its afternoon. December is here before its June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?, -Dr. Seuss

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    Yeah, I'm so sad Chimchar has been getting the shaft with Ash.
    I don't see how Chimchar's been getting 'the shaft'. I mean, at least it's not rotting inside a Pokeball.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast