Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RIP Robin Williams

Default RIP Robin Williams

One of the greatest actors - whom I should mention was a big Zelda and Pokemon fan - has passed away today at age 63 due to asphyxiation.

This is a grave loss indeed. This guy has made many childhood memories to many people with his great charisma and charm.

What has he done over the years in his career? He voiced Popeye, acted as John Keating in Dead Poet Society, Peter Pan in the film Hook, his hilarious role as Genie in Aladdin, Daniel Hillard / Mrs. Euphegenia Doubftfire in Mrs. Doubtfire, Alan Parrish in Jumanji, Prof. Phillip Brainard in Flubber, Fender in Robots, not the real Theodore Roosevelt in Night at the Museum, and most recently his final voice role as Dennis the Dog in Absolutely Nothing. In case you want to know when he was there in your TV, check his entire filmography.

His TV roles also extend to Mork & Mindy as Mork, along a whole lot of programs where he was himself.

Rest in Peace, Robin Williams. You made many childhood memories for so many children.
    Last edited by AuraChannelerChris; 12th August 2014 at 4:55 AM.

Never alone, together forever. ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - Metroid Prime Trilogy - Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

A grave loss is not enough to describe this. I'm beyond terrified and saddened about hearing the news. Especially for the possibilities as to why. This is just... so heartbreaking. I remember watching him in Flubber back when I was a kid. And when watching Aladdin back in the day. Not to mention he and Zelda (his daughter) are big Zelda fans. The guy had a big heart where he put others before himself. A man with a big smile and was full of laughter. I really am going to miss him. If only I could have met him.

RIP Robin Williams

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Man, I remembered when he made fun of Spore.

He was so hilarious.

I guess I will also note that I last saw Zelda Williams at the invitational. I hope she and the others can recover from that.

Cipher sent us to hell - but we're going even deeper - take back every Pokemon that we've lost!
    Wakin, I'm already a demon...
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

*sigh* Why must such talented and wonderful people leave from this world so soon?

He was an AMAZING guy and a great father too.

R.I.P Robin Williams, you'll be missed. :'(

I am very sad about it as well. Flubber and Jumanji were like my favourite movies when I was a kid.

ONE OF THE GREATEST COMEDIANS ON THIS PLANET

Nothing can explain how shocked I was when I saw this. Robin Willians is someone who I cannot ever picture not smiling. A man like him is one of a kind and being only 19, I can say he really made an impact on my childhood. Jumanji anyone?

God I just can't. I'm hoping his family is alright, especially Zelda. The world lost an amazing human being today.

Popeye was a disappointing mess for his first starring movie role, but it was one of the few movies I've seen him in. I loved Popeye the cartoon, and when I saw the movie on cable sometime when I was 9yo, I also fell in love with it. Also saw Jumanji, Mrs Doubtfire, and one where I think he was a robot. I sadly haven't seen many of his movies, but this is sad. I'll try to go on a Robin Williams movie binge sometime this week, and try to see the brilliance of comedy he left us.
    "You either die a Grammar Nazi,
    or you live long enough to see yourself make a typo."
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

I never imagined he would go like this. To me, he always seemed like such a happy, goofy guy. But I guess sometimes that's what depression becomes. I only pray that he is in a better place.

Rest in peace, Mr. Williams. You will be dearly missed.

Made by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design

I am seriously at a loss for words right now. I don't even know what to feel other then pure shock.

I did not see this coming, that's for sure.

RIP Robin Williams, you're contributions will always be remembered fondly.

I feel so heartbroken right now ....
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

I don't usually care about celebrity deaths, but this one hit close to home. Robin Williams was a wonderful actor, and I've heard great things about his stand-up.

He also taught childhood me an important lesson: a little rain never hurt anybody...
    "Yeah, but a lot can kill you."

He will be missed.
    Ever wanted to attend a Pokémon convention?
    Check out Pokéthon, a new sub-event at Otakuthon in Montreal, Canada this August!

Like us on Facebook for news and updates!

Big loss imo. A heck of an entertainer, not just in movies but also as a heck of a great stand-up comedian (he just seemed to spew out jokes). Certainly one of the memorable actors and voices from my childhood.

RIP, Robin.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

Other Fics
    Unfortunately Blue | Notice: Keep Out | Turnabout Assumptions
    Song Parodies | Snapshots | Fairy Tale (new!)

Check out this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut? Check the forums too!
    Current article: Cheating? In my VGC? We look into the World VGC 'Ray Rizzo event' last month and more.
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

I am just seriously at a loss for words. He was such a great actor and I never thought this is how he would go. But that just goes to show that depression can effect anyone.

Rest in peace, Robin! You will be dearly missed.

"We're being who we are
    Even if they hate that!"

GIF Credit ~ Twitter ~ Tumblr

It's a sad day when someone so famous such as Robin passes away, he was an awesome person from what he would share about himself and seemed like the kind of guy who would be more than happy to talk to you. Today shouldn't be for mourning, we should be remembering him and celebrating his successful career.

R.I.P Robin Williams.

"Well I'm walking by the red light
    Gonna find me all that I'm owed
    And I know where I'm gonna be then
    When the red light's gonna shine on me"

To alot of people he was a phenomenal, I am no different. I usually don't care too much about this stuff but he felt different, that world has lost a wonderful man today.
    ... -_-' What, were you expecting a cookie?

I think what hurts the most is that Robin Williams wasn't a happy man to the end despite all of the smiles and laughter he gave to us. He seemed like the kind of man who always had a smile on his face and was a jokester, and there's a lot of stories out there to back it up. It's such a tragic end, it almost feels like some sick irony. I can only imagine the heartbreak his family is going through.

Like a lot of people here, I grew up knowing who he was, and recognizing his voice. I think some of my favorite moments of his is whenever he did impressions and sang. I imagine he was animated when recording lines--all I have to back this up is a brief instance in the VHS preview trailer for Aladdin and the King of Thieves where you see him behind the mic, and he's making arm-spread gestures and (almost) throwing his head back. He really looked like he was ready to show off some of Genie's presentations, and that's always stuck with me. It was that particular clip that proved to me he was the Genie. Sure, I would see/hear him in other roles that he was also fantastic in (the last movie of his I saw was Good Will Hunting, which I did enjoy, he was great as psychiatrist Sean Maguire), but I always saw the Genie in him. Honestly, they're not one without the other, and I'm happy it turned out that way. Similarly, he's always looked like he did as Alan in Jumanji, I've never been able to look past that, and I never will--which is something I honestly don't mind.

Mr. Robin Williams, you're free. And thank you for sharing your talent.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Wow. Awful news. RIP

Woah. This is pretty hard to believe that Robin Williams could have most likely commited suicide. I don't really care much of celebrity media but this is different. I remember watching movies with him in the cast such as aladin, flubber, jamanji, and happy feet. Kinda ironic how someone who brought so much laughs to people was depressed deep down, so much that he just ended his own life. He'll be surely missed.
    Friend Code: 5472-7859-5500

Friend Safari: Machoke, Sawk, and Breloom

The world seems a bit more gray now that he is gone. This man played a substantial role in my childhood, and it's sort of surreal to believe that he's actually gone. He was just a man who was genuinely able to put smiles on the faces of just about everyone, and that's a rare gift indeed. What's truly sad is that despite his gift to spread joy, he himself was filled with sadness and struggles that many didn't even realize, due to the way he presented himself. It just goes to show you that depression and mental health issues can affect anyone.

RIP Robin Williams. Truly a legend in every sense of the word, and the world will sorely miss him. My thoughts go out to his family.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

I will always admire his work. He was a great performer and I was sad to hear he has passed . I think we can each think of a time that Robin Williams made us smile and laugh. His legacy lives on in his works.
    Pokémon Y Team: Florges
    Pokémon AS Team:

Damn, can't believe it. He brought smiles to everyone in his movies/televisions. Wish he lived longer.

RIP Robin Williams.

Man no good, no good. I was sleeping when I got a phone call from a friend who was one of the biggest fan of Robin Williams, I'm one too. It was a total shock to know such a great fellow pass away. No doubt till he was here, he entertained many, many lives. Such a huge loss to the Hollywood industry. I guess God up there saw some of his movies and now called him up there to entertain him!!

R.I.P Robin Williams, you will be missed.

Spoiler:- ASB Records and Credits:

R.I.P - THE ONES WHO LOST THEIR LIVES 9/11 - Humanity Finally Dies.|Wild Future|ASB

This news was so hard to believe at first. But there's no denying he's gone.

He starred in my favorite Disney movie, Aladdin.

The world will dearly miss him.

Claims: Gardevoir and Lulu(FFX)

I've been listening to Tears of A Clown all day.

The song pretty much defines Robin Williams. It hurts so much to know he suffered from depression, especially considering his legacy as a man of comedy. I can only hope people take this unfortunate event as a note to how serious depression is.

R.I.P. Robin Williams

Such a shocking death. It just seemed to come from nowhere. He was just one of those guys you didn't think about dying. And I didn't even care much back in the week in 2009 when Billy Mays, Michael Jackson, and Farah Fawcett all died, but that's because I barely cared about them when they were alive. Robin Williams was just so...influential might be putting it lightly. Yeah, he had stinkers (No, I won't even let Patch Adams be 'decent' just because the main actor died, that movie sucks), but he also had amazing hits (My favorite Disney movie is The Lion King, but Aladdin is second and I actually liked the sequels; even if Dan Castellaneta actually played the character more than Williams did, Williams is still the definitive voice for him) and was a generally good guy. Look, I don't want to just sit and cry while staring at my computer screen at one in the morning, so I'll end there.

Wait What? How?

This is really unexpected...he was great and its sure to be missed.
    Who said moe cant be Gar?

Fc Ixchen: 0559-7194-5664
    Poison safari : Muk Cascoon Venomoth

LF 6iv Rash Diancie.I got nothing decent to offer just consider it a charity of some sort PM me if you are willing to help. Ty to the noble souls who helped me on previous requests.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast