Page 332 of 364 FirstFirst ... 232282322328329330331332333334335336342 ... LastLast
Results 8,276 to 8,300 of 9095

Thread: Metalheads? anybody?

So uh....

I haven't gotten the opportunity yet, but who here has listened to Gojira's latest album, L'enfaunt Sauvage?
    So far I have gotten to listen to two songs, the albums namesake song (my favorite) and Explosia (it was meh).

And lately I have gotten into Melodic Death Metal, in particular, Scar Symmetry. especially their older material with Christian Älvestam. the two new guys can't make up for the brilliance he brought to the brand. too bad he left.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    From what I understood she had to go to the hospital, and the band was like "screw you" and did the show anyways with another singer, or something. I don't listen to Nightwish so I don't really know.
    You mean Tuomas expects the singer to obey his demands carefully? Shock and awe! But at least they got a decent sub for the rest of the tour, since After Forever had some decent albums for that genre.

(I don't really have anything to contribute re: Gojira or melodic death metal, so)

i don't like Nightwish but from my understanding the split was in mutual agreement. apparently they've had several guest singers for the tour, not just the After Forever chick too.

whatever happened to that movie they started working on a few years ago? i always thought it was pretty much guaranteed to be awful and i've waited for it to come out so i could laugh at it, lel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    So uh....

I haven't gotten the opportunity yet, but who here has listened to Gojira's latest album, L'enfaunt Sauvage?
    So far I have gotten to listen to two songs, the albums namesake song (my favorite) and Explosia (it was meh).

And lately I have gotten into Melodic Death Metal, in particular, Scar Symmetry. especially their older material with Christian Älvestam. the two new guys can't make up for the he brought to the brand. too bad he left.
    i think the only one who likes Gojira itt is dion/palingstupdnameican'tspell though i have a soft spot for Terra Incognita.

as far as melodic death metal goes i for the most part can't stand In Flames and **** but here's some old school death metal that has lots of melody/influenced melodeath:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7FqMmHyyuo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM3pysHEfI8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHXDPhNb1q0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYOY9RPRm6Y
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwZcl9sttyY

Quote Originally Posted by Evilyn View Post
    i don't like Nightwish but from my understanding the split was in mutual agreement.
    As far as I know... yes. I'd both forgotten and love making fun of them all whenever I get the chance.

whatever happened to that movie they started working on a few years ago? i always thought it was pretty much guaranteed to be awful and i've waited for it to come out so i could laugh at it, lel.
    Short attention span? I'm going with that. (or perhaps not)

But more and more, an entire film based around one Nightwish album seems like an extraordinarily psychotic idea because of how scattershot it would be. It would be like watching a clip show of the inner workings of Siouxsie's brain after liberally mixed through a metal filter, stirring in a few D&D (ehhhh), or possibly Exalted (potentially way cooler) rulebooks, and becoming devoid of personality. Unless I desperately missed the point about Imaginaerum is, in fact, a concept album detailing a journey through the land of Legend of Mana -- maybe they're going to become a non-animated version of Gorillaz or something...

new gojira is quite good, on par with the way of all flesh imo.

/me passes judgement

I thought the new Gojira was pretty good, but it was also sort of "same **** done again". I'd rank it below both The Way of All Flesh and From Mars to Sirius.

Are there any fans of Death and/or Anthrax?

death are good, i need to flick through their discog sometime soon again.

i like a few death albums, most notably Scream Bloody Gore, Leprosy, and Individual Thought Patterns. Human, Symbolic, and Spiritual Healing have a few good tracks and The Sound of Perseverance is pretty bad honestly.

the only Anthrax i like is their debut. i'm sure that has nothing to do with my Dan Lilker fanboyism or anything at all like that.

Death - Do not get the fuss in the slightest.

Anthrax - I don't like them as much as I used to, but Music of Mas Destruction is a top live album.

ok after flicking through death's discog, i think their last three are my favourites. i really dug individual thought patterns, and the sound of perseverance is deliciously proggy.

Not sure how lenient we are on the term 'metal' over here, but anyone heard the new Converge record? Pretty phenomenal.
    White 2 Nuzlocke Challenge Location: Castelia City Gym Badges: 2 DEFEAT

Nice try team. You shall be avenged! Burgh shall be destroyed on my next visit!

Quote Originally Posted by palingensia View Post
    ok after flicking through death's discog, i think their last three are my favourites. i really dug individual thought patterns, and the sound of perseverance is deliciously proggy.
    and the number of people surprised is...

but yeah Individual Thought Patterns was always my favourite Death album from their prog era. Human's production is too dry, Symbolic is a bit too clean, and TSOP is honestly just kind of dismal from my perspective. not to mention Chuckie's vocals.
    Quote Originally Posted by primavista View Post
    Not sure how lenient we are on the term 'metal' over here, but anyone heard the new Converge record? Pretty phenomenal.
    i would consider Converge hardcore but plenty metal enough to talk about them here.

i haven't heard their new one, though. i've been kind of putting it off since i think they've kind of gone weak since Jane Doe.

similarly i haven't heard new Pig Destroyer since i thought their last album was a total dud. maybe their new drummer will bring something good to their sound though.

The new Converge album is really friggin awesome. A top5 release this year so far for me, brilliant album.

new neurosis is definitely an interesting album, with much more emphasis on atmosphere than heaviness. not bad at all.

@Evilyn You should definitely check it out, as I'd say it's on par with Jane Doe, one of my favourite records.
    White 2 Nuzlocke Challenge Location: Castelia City Gym Badges: 2 DEFEAT

Nice try team. You shall be avenged! Burgh shall be destroyed on my next visit!

I finally got around to listening to Ne Obliviscaris' "Portal Of I." Definitely one of my favorites of the year thus far.
    SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION SINCE I HAVEN'T BEEN ON SPPF FOR MORE THAN TWO YEARS

Last.fm|Twitter

New Kawir is out and is very good.

i really liked that kawir album, nice and melodic.

wow. nice there are even metalheads here. Im liking this forum lol

Quote Originally Posted by palingensia View Post
    i really liked that kawir album, nice and melodic.
    Yeah, I feel the really suble folk melodies that are interwoven in their music is what really sets them apart for me. Plus Hades is pure Bathory worship in the best way possible.

Quote Originally Posted by BearTown View Post
    wow. nice there are even metalheads here. Im liking this forum lol
    This might be a longshot, but are you from Congleton?

Yesterday I saw Between the Buried and Me, Periphery and The Safety Fire live. Mind was blown at several occasions.

i love finding obscure 80's/90's death metal demos.

Pre-Dystopia band, in the vein of Repulsion, Entombed, Exhumed, Carcass, Machetazo, Impetigo, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerheart View Post
    Yeah, I feel the really suble folk melodies that are interwoven in their music is what really sets them apart for me. Plus Hades is pure Bathory worship in the best way possible.

This might be a longshot, but are you from Congleton?
    nope. sorry lol. where'd u come up with that?

Congleton's nickname is Beartown which dates back to a story from the middle ages. Long story short the town used the funds it had been saving to buy a bible to buy a bear and as such became known as Beartown. There is a brewery from Congleton also called Beartown which is where I know the story from.

Page 332 of 364 FirstFirst ... 232282322328329330331332333334335336342 ... LastLast