Page 333 of 363 FirstFirst ... 233283323329330331332333334335336337343 ... LastLast
Results 8,301 to 8,325 of 9051

Thread: Metalheads? anybody?

Congleton's nickname is Beartown which dates back to a story from the middle ages. Long story short the town used the funds it had been saving to buy a bible to buy a bear and as such became known as Beartown. There is a brewery from Congleton also called Beartown which is where I know the story from.

aluk todolo is p great krautrock.

also new wintersun is fantastic, really enjoyed it. there is also new kamelot and bison b.c. (probably leaked or something i dunno exactly) which i am looking forward to hearing sometime today.

i haven't heard new Wintersun. as much as i dislike melodeath these days their first album was one of my favourites when i was still into the genre and it's one of the few albums that has stuck with me over time from the genre so maybe i'll like their new one.

Pseudogod's debut is still my aoty, though i'm pretty curious about new Weapon. i dl'd it last night and i might buy it next time i go looking for albums if where i get my stuff has it but i haven't listened to it yet.

70's Pentagram, Inquisition, and Repulsion have made up most of my listening habits lately.

actually, i've mostly been listening to Cranford Nix, but he isn't metal:

I dont really like metal but my cousin plays bass for Your Chance to Die which is like a screamo band.

I love Black Sabbath, (Especially woth Dio in it) Dragonforce, Disturbed, Metallica, mostly Early Metallica up to Enter Sandman though.
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

Pokemon Black team: The sixth spot is for whatever I feel like using at the time.

Looking for:

Pm me If you have any of these and I'll see if we can work something out.

My favorite Pokemon:

Shinies:

A man once told me I can't have my cake and eat it too. I then proceeded to eat not only my cake but his as well.

What if the stickers are the only things made in China?

new wintersun isn't melodeath at all so probably not, evan. it's basically kamelot style metal.

Quote Originally Posted by palingensia View Post

also new wintersun is fantastic, really enjoyed it.
    You are one of two people I've seen say anything positive about it. The other being my mate who is an absolute fanboy and can count the number of bands he enjoys on two hands. I'm yet to listen myself, but I'm keeping an open mind.

Haven't heard new wintersun but I've heard from others that it's not really melodic death metal. Is it really symphonic or is it like described, "kamelot style metal" ??

I watched the new cattle decapitation video yesterday and oh god.. I don't think anyone can watch the entire thing keeping a straight experession.

it's not melodeath at all, it is pretty much kamelot style power / symph metal with a few growls here and there.

I enjoy all metal from classic 80's metal and thrash all the way up to modern tech death and deathcore.
    If anybody is into tech death or deathcore, search my band Summon the Ancients.
    Metal fan? Listen to my music.
    http://www.soundcloud.com/summon-the-ancients

stuff for evan: konkeror, a death metal band from michigan. doubt you'll like it but w/e.

also new dynfari is quite enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by palingensia View Post
    stuff for evan: konkeror, a death metal band from michigan. doubt you'll like it but w/e.
    i kind of liked the beginning but it didn't really go anywhere.

Conqueror are better

also this has been a good year for bm

it has been a good bm year. did you ever get riitiir btw?

I've listened to this album so much in the last 4 days.

new hell militia is promising if this track is any indication.

edit: found this thing full of avant-garde gems, definitely recommend checking it out.
    Last edited by palingensia; 5th November 2012 at 10:15 AM.

bumping the thread to mention DreamLongDead's debut this year. it's probably my closest contender with Pseudogod's album for my aoty, and it's for free on their bandcamp too.

it's death/doom, by the way. take Celtic Frost riffing, put it at the speed and to the atmosphere of Cathedral's Forest of Equilibrium, and put LG Petrov of Entombed on vocals.

finally got an autumn for crippled children's first two albums and hooooooooly **** why did it take me so long, lost is incredible.

As if we've dropped to page 3. Sort this out guys

Anyone heard or planning on listening to the new Finsterforst album? I've only heard the promo on youtube but it's sounding fantastic. Proof that folk/viking metal isn't dead yet.

i liked the previews as well but haven't got around to acquiring it yet. might do that now.

My copy is in the post. It might sound blasphemous to some, but it sounds to me form the preview, like the kind of album Moonsorrow should have made instead of the dullery of their latest effort.

http://www.mediafire.com/?t3uwmac773ioaay

free 4 way split featuring two of my mate's bands. (Aloeswood and Wolfthorn)

huh, i actually listen to wolfthorn. i can't really remember what their 2012 album was like though.

there's more than one Wolfthorn. just saying.

also i've been listening to a lot of Archgoat. pretty much sums up everything i want out of BM.

Yeah, this is the UK Wolfthorn, though the other didn't have an album out this year, so I assumed it was the UK one.

I've had a copy of that album ages now (possibly before it came out depending when he sent it to me), but I've still not listened to it.

Turns out the new Finsterforst is very good. It also turns out the new Syven is even better.

Page 333 of 363 FirstFirst ... 233283323329330331332333334335336337343 ... LastLast