Page 335 of 363 FirstFirst ... 235285325331332333334335336337338339345 ... LastLast
Results 8,351 to 8,375 of 9065

Thread: Metalheads? anybody?

man i wanna see meshuggah live. **** YOU MAN.

also glad you're digging lurk, finally scored a home run with a rec to you! no mutilation rites in the top 10 though?

Lurk are indeed good. i dunno if i told you to check out that DreamLongDead album but i'd compare to the two to each other a bit, though DreamLongDead is less sludgy. and their debut is up for free on their bandcamp too.

and Mutilation Rites is one of the albums that tied for last place along with Desaster, Aura Noir, Impiety, Ketzer, and probably a few others. there's been too much decent black metal this year so i just gave it to Deathhammer for the sake of convenience, when i go back and listen to everything i'll probably change my mind.

This thread still exists? hot damn.

The new Enslaved album is awesome. That is all.

Long time no see.

Your comment inspired me to read back over the thread. People who seemed very 'underground' in their tastes suddenly seem quite tame in retrospective. However I cringe to look at how bad my spelling and grammar was back then, not to mention some of my opinions. And the opinions of others too, found a post with someone saying they didn't think Epicus Doomicus Metallicus was very interesting. Utter madness haha.

Best album of 2012 was either Sabaton's Carolus Rex, which took a long time to grow on me, or Manowar's Lord of Steel. It was a great comeback for Manowar. Just as heavy as ever.
    [IMG]http://i43.*******.com/343jiwx.png[/IMG]
    Keeping the classics alive

I've still not decided on a top 10 albums, but my top misc. releases are

1. Cosmic Crusader - The Lost Children Of Babylon Present... CosmiCrusader: CosmiCalculations Part 1
    2. Germ - Loss
    3. Hesper Payne / Sabazius - Under the Album Shale
    4. Lana Del Rey - Paradise
    5. Ascended Masters - Reflexions.

My top100 albums from 2012:
    http://www.sputnikmusic.com/list.php...&listid=114375

Mind you, it's far from being all metal. It's very mixed.

Interesting list. I have to ask though, what is it about the Deaftones that I'm missing? I've tried listening to them, and a friend tried tricking me into liking them by playing them without saying who it was, but I just don't see the appeal. Yet I know a lot of people who think very highly of them.

One of my top bands recently is Benighted. They're brutal as Hell and every release they've had is amazing.

A hundred? Wow. Heck of a list, though.

My top five of the year, in no particular order, are currently Storm Corrosion, Weather Systems, Pandora's Pinata, Nine, and Sounds That Can't Be Made, and a reminded that I need to find and listen to that Threshold album and some of the other stuff on Zantera's list. I cannot really, for the life of me, remember all of what I listened to this year. I guess I'll dredge that up later.

edit:     Spoiler:- zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:
    Last edited by The Admiral; 28th December 2012 at 6:46 AM.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerheart View Post
    Interesting list. I have to ask though, what is it about the Deaftones that I'm missing? I've tried listening to them, and a friend tried tricking me into liking them by playing them without saying who it was, but I just don't see the appeal. Yet I know a lot of people who think very highly of them.
    Well I actually discovered Deftones this year, I had known about them before, but this new album was my first album by the band.
    There's something about their style that really appeals to me, crushing riffs that can be heavy and "in your face" as hell, but also a lot of great melodies, and more softer/mellow songs. I've only had time to check out two other albums by the band, "Diamond Eyes" the previous album, which is a bit similar to the new one, and "White Pony", considered their best album by most people, which is a bit more experimental.
    I really dig all of them tbh.

primitive man is an interesting second 2013 album to come across. absolutely filthy sludge.

Zantera, if you haven't made any more progress with Swans yet, i'd check out Cop, Children of God, and White Light From the Mouth of Infinity. those are my three favourites and they give a good grasp of their sound across the years.

Quote Originally Posted by palingensia View Post
    primitive man is an interesting second 2013 album to come across. absolutely filthy sludge.
    that sounds pretty okay actually.

have you tried Iron Monkey? Our Problem is probably in my top three sludge albums.

that was pretty good as well

I've grabbed those Swans album, and I'm excited to check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Well I actually discovered Deftones this year, I had known about them before, but this new album was my first album by the band.
    There's something about their style that really appeals to me, crushing riffs that can be heavy and "in your face" as hell, but also a lot of great melodies, and more softer/mellow songs. I've only had time to check out two other albums by the band, "Diamond Eyes" the previous album, which is a bit similar to the new one, and "White Pony", considered their best album by most people, which is a bit more experimental.
    I really dig all of them tbh.
    For me that's what didn't work. I kind of liked the alt rock bits, but the heaviness spoiled it I thought.

Maybe you would like some of their earlier stuff more, White Pony is considered a milestone-album by many, and it's totally worth checking out. A bit more experimental, but it's really sweet. Might even be my favorite.

I'll certainly give it a go at some point.

For those interested I've finally bitten the bullet and committed to a top ten for this year.
    http://www.last.fm/user/AnnihiSlateR...albums_of_2012

Don't even know if I could produce a 2012 top 10 if only cause I've been gone from the scene far too long. And if I did, it would be a bit weak in front of the other top 10s. A lot of them are recent too, cause the mid 2012 period is nothing for me. In random order, with notes.
        Spoiler:- TOP 10 PLEASE READ:

So yeah, I guess I did get a top 10 out of 2012 after all. Surprised cause I thought there was less, and it took me a while to get through everything I haven't heard.
    BLAH

Had it been a top 20, Dragonforce would have made it for me too.

I somehow missed that Candlemass had a new alum out. I'll have to give that a go.

And I still can't get on with the angel witch.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    But overall, thus far I'd call this year satisfying. We haven't had a St. Anger or a Metal Machine Music or a Lungs this year that I can identify to this point. Maybe in certain other circles I don't listen to a whole lot, but it'd be hard to expect me to find those, then, wouldn't it?
    Yes it would. For me personally Ensiferum ****ed up big time with Unsung Heroes. Even more perhaps then St. Anger, or even more recent would be Hamerfall's last 2 albums. What the hell happened, nobody knows. Also completely blind sided the fact that saint vitus has a new album. Might have to do some re-ordering.
    Edit: Missing Candlemass' album isn't surprising, kinda missed it as well. And yeah do listen its nothing short of great, one of the better albums.
    Last edited by mitchman_93; 3rd January 2013 at 8:41 PM.
    BLAH

really impressed by arcanorum astrum's debut, definitely some solid symphonic black metal right here.

dion, any good 2013 albums yet?

Wintersun, Eluveitie, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Septic Flesh, Turisas, Nightwish (pre-anette)...

That sort of thing...

new fen and cult of luna are alright, primitive man (linked at top of page) is not bad at all, and palm desert is pretty good stoner rock. those are the only four i have.

Page 335 of 363 FirstFirst ... 235285325331332333334335336337338339345 ... LastLast