Page 336 of 362 FirstFirst ... 236286326332333334335336337338339340346 ... LastLast
Results 8,376 to 8,400 of 9050

Thread: Metalheads? anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by palingensia View Post
    new fen and cult of luna are alright, primitive man (linked at top of page) is not bad at all, and palm desert is pretty good stoner rock. those are the only four i have.
    k, will check out.

also for what it's worth, i flicked through metalstorm to see what's coming out in jan-feb. voivod is the only thing i was interested in that i didn't already have. it's going to be a very slow start to the year, so if you want good 2013 music i'd be trying pretty much anything you might find interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by palingensia View Post
    also for what it's worth, i flicked through metalstorm to see what's coming out in jan-feb. voivod is the only thing i was interested in that i didn't already have. it's going to be a very slow start to the year, so if you want good 2013 music i'd be trying pretty much anything you might find interesting.
    Not necessarily interested so much in 2013 music as I am in good music, it's just that last year started off quite good (Alcest and Sunpocrisy were released almost at the beginning of the year iirc), so I was just curious of this year was off to a similar start. Nonetheless, I'll give the stuff you mentioned a listen.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    For me personally Ensiferum ****ed up big time with Unsung Heroes. Even more perhaps then St. Anger, or even more recent would be Hamerfall's last 2 albums. What the hell happened, nobody knows.
    Damn. That's pretty impressive, then, that someone can make an album that sounds that bad at least. Then again, I own Vapor Trails, Stadium Arcadium, and some of the worst-sounding of the 1995 Frank Zappa CDs. So, maybe not that hard to make an album with sound quality that ***-o-rific. Wouldn't know about the arrangements, mind you.

Also completely blind sided the fact that saint vitus has a new album. Might have to do some re-ordering.
    Good lord, I forgot about that entirely, too. Looks like I need to go fix that.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    Not necessarily interested so much in 2013 music as I am in good music, it's just that last year started off quite good (Alcest and Sunpocrisy were released almost at the beginning of the year iirc), so I was just curious of this year was off to a similar start. Nonetheless, I'll give the stuff you mentioned a listen.
    yeah samaroid dioramas was one of the first 2012 albums i got iirc. last year was definitely off to a good start.

also i do tend to link you when i find good stuff come on :p

since a couple people are talking about it, Saint Vitus' 2012 album is really good. though it's way way way too short.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerheart
    And I still can't get on with the angel witch.
    are you talking about just the new album or all their stuff? their newest album actually strikes me as something you'd like a lot. i thought it was good, if surprisingly ambitious for them.

Just the new album. The self titled album is fantastic, but the new one just feels too sterile, lacking in energy and atmosphere, like half-hearted attempt to recapture former glory resulting in a lacklustre imitation of that which went before.

So Primitive Man was pretty damn good, and new Fen wasn't too bad. Checking out Cult of Luna, and Consciousness Removal Project in a bit.

vex (black/death) is quite enjoyable. failure (post-rock) also seems like it has potential.

The new Cult of Luna is really good. AOTY for me so far, out of the 4 releases I've heard. :P
    I doubt it's going to last that long though. New albums by Steven Wilson, Amplifier and Riverside on their way soon, all are among my highly anticipated albums for 2013 so.

I know it's not metal, but the new Dropkick Murphys is good. They seem to heading away from the more hardcore/oi punk sound and more towards a sort of Pogues-esque sound.

Also, does anyone listen to Fen? They have a new album out, kinda mix between Black Metal and Post Rock. Pretty cool, though not as good as the new Cult of Luna I mentioned before.

I've mixed feelings about Fen. I liked Ancient Sorrow at the time, but since I feel like they are doing the sort of thing I should like, but there's something about it that just doesn't click with me. I can listen to it, and even mildly enjoy it, but I have no desire to listen again when it ends.

I've also not downloaded the new one, as a friend nearly got himself into a sticky legal situation with regards that and I didn't want to make it worse for him. It's a long story that I'm not sure I'm allowed to tell publically.

new fen is alright. a step backwards imo but still not bad.

I've got their albums, but don't really listen to them often. That said, their new album wasn't too bad.

I am a metal head, but I don't really show it, don't judge me but I am almost pure Ozzy, I am not into that Slipknot crap. No offense to those who do.

I'm probably not a full on metal head, but I do enjoy the tough gritty sound of a guitar, and the quake of the drums with every tap and slam!

I enjoy metal that ranges back to it's humble beginning to the decade we live in now.

pretty decent

It's not bad, but it has exactly the same pitfalls a lot of instrumental post metal has, it's nice to listen to, but it's largely forgettable.

awesome news: dissona have put an album of theirs from 2009 that was previously unreleased on their bandcamp. going through it atm.

New Holy Grail album anyone? First time listening to them. Really, they got a modern heavy metal avenged sevenfold feel.. There were some nice guitar licks here and there but I wasn't too blown away by them. Definitely fun to listen to though!

moth is pretty nice gojira-style proggy metal.

Yeah, that's pretty good.

the new Darkthrone track sounds like Mercyful Fate with a tiny bit of Celtic Frost. the production is kinda dull though.

new Voivod album is streaming too. first album without Piggy material should be interesting. they're one of my favourite bands so i might wait off until i can get a physical copy for once.

i hope Eyehategod get their new album out this year. 13 years since the last one is too long.

metal will never get dull for me completely but i've still been listening to more punk than anything lately, so i don't have much else to contribute on the 2013 front.
    Last edited by Evilyn; 16th January 2013 at 12:20 AM.

voivod leaked!

Page 336 of 362 FirstFirst ... 236286326332333334335336337338339340346 ... LastLast