Page 337 of 364 FirstFirst ... 237287327333334335336337338339340341347 ... LastLast
Results 8,401 to 8,425 of 9077

Thread: Metalheads? anybody?

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but that was ****ing excellent. Haven't heard any other of their material so I can't compare to older works, but I assume they would be just as good or even better. Also am I mistaken or is their a thrash band with a similar name of sorts......or at the least I'm very confused. I'm pretty sure Voivod is who I'm thinking of, but didn't they have an album 2 or so years ago that was with a green logo or smth? Damn I'm confused.
    Also recently discovered Watain. Still missing out on a lot of stuff it seems.
    Last edited by mitchman_93; 17th January 2013 at 5:58 PM.
    BLAH

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    Forgive me if I'm wrong, but that was ****ing excellent. Haven't heard any other of their material so I can't compare to older works, but I assume they would be just as good or even better. Also am I mistaken or is their a thrash band with a similar name of sorts......or at the least I'm very confused. I'm pretty sure Voivod is who I'm thinking of, but didn't they have an album 2 or so years ago that was with a green logo or smth? Damn I'm confused.
    i'm not sure where your confusion is. but yeah, Voivod is/was a thrash band, and they've used green logos on some merch.

they're also one of the best metal bands ever.
    Also recently discovered Watain. Still missing out on a lot of stuff it seems.
    they have their moments, but the band members have some hilariously try hard outlooks satanism.

still just makes me want to listen to Dissection or old Necrophobic or something.

Are you not thinking Vektor mitchman?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerheart View Post
    Are you not thinking Vektor mitchman?
    There you go! The logo and same sub-genre was mixing me up.
    BLAH

why hello there hanging garden you sounding fine

i'm surprised to see that Denouncement Pyre album in your recent plays on last.fm, Dion.

it was pretty good i thought.

sulphur aeon is also quite good.

I'm recently rediscovering the joys of Moonsorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by palingensia View Post
    it was pretty good i thought.
    it's something much more harsh/bestial/whatever than i thought you'd like.

but i haven't actually heard that album, just their debut, which i only have heard because Hells Headbangers sent me promotional free ****, so whatever.

arkhan is another spicy one. doesn't seem to be any better yt vids sadly.

Would The GazettE count as like...a japanese metal? xD Well, I like them.
    ~Working on getting a sig~

They aren't metal at all, but does anyone like Slowdive? I got Just for a Day in the post this morning with some EP's as a bonus disk, and I've kind of fallen in love with them again.

Also Neil Halstead singer/guitarist from Slowdive is guesting on the next Alcest record.

Slowdive are awesome.

Has anyone heard of Queensryche? This is one of their better songs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYakP5Q_mWg
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

eyes of a stranger tyvm. haven't listened to them for a LONG time actually, should give a couple of their albums a spin maybe.

Can't say I care massively for them. I had a best of but gave it away. Only the early stuff (lady wore black, queen of the reich) stood out to me.
    I do have a shaped 7" picture disc of the Empire singe though.

Has anybody heard Black Veil Brides' new album, Wretched and Divine. It's a lot better than their other 2 albums. Here is a playlist I made, it's just the songs, no intermissions or mini intermissions(Abeyance, Exordium, or Overture).

http://tinyurl.com/b5wspx6

You don't need an account or anything, just click the link and press play.

EDIT: Just wanted to note "Days Are Numbered" features Bert McCracken, singer of The Used, and "Lost It All" features Juliet Simms, Andy's GF and singer of Automatic Loveletter.
    Last edited by LydiaRyan; 25th January 2013 at 4:25 AM.
    Me and my Husband(I finally got married!!!) share this PSN account.

Just to get this out of the way.

None of the thread regulars give a **** about music like that.

Agonist, is that meant for me, I normally don't listen to stuff like that, I just wanted to say that I like it.

Anyways, I saw somewhere that Children of Bodom is realeasing a 2013 album, if it's true, I can't wait for it.

Also, does anybody know of any metal bands with female singers, similar to Abnormality and Arch Enemy, but with clean vocals.

Not a fan of Children of Bodom, but others may feel differently.

Er, clean vocals... Outside of symphonic stuff, I can't really think of any off the top of my head who use clean vocals. Alyssa White-Gluz of The Agonist (not where I got my username from, btw) uses both clean and harsh vocals.

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    Not a fan of Children of Bodom, but others may feel differently.

Er, clean vocals... Outside of symphonic stuff, I can't really think of any off the top of my head who use clean vocals. Alyssa White-Gluz of The Agonist (not where I got my username from, btw) uses both clean and harsh vocals.
    Symphonic stuff? You're talking about stuff like Amberian Dawn and Nightwish, right? I like them.
    As for The Agonist, I haven't heard of them, but I just listened to three of their songs, one from each Album, and I LOVE them already.

stream of passion is probably one of the better symphonic bands out there.

Whilst it's true in general. You never know. We've had that many oftopic music discussions in here that it's pretty much anything goes as long as your also into metal.

Quote Originally Posted by LydiaRyan View Post

Anyways, I saw somewhere that Children of Bodom is realeasing a 2013 album, if it's true, I can't wait for it.

Also, does anybody know of any metal bands with female singers, similar to Abnormality and Arch Enemy, but with clean vocals.
    I don't really feel Children of Bodom have done anything worthwile for a decade now. Hatecrew Deathroll was their last tolerable album for me. The first three are fantastic melodic death metal albums with a huge power metal aesthetic. Even though I'm not massive on that sound anymore, if I do feel like it, they are the albums I will go to. They were atmospheric, bombastic, lots of flashy technical guitar and synth playing, and generally catchy songs given the nature of the music. But then around the time of Are you dead yet they just forgot everything that made them good, and became a generic americanised version of themselves.

As for death metal metal with female singers I would say it shouldn't matter. Listen to good music instead of music that ticks boxes.

im a huge fan of metal,hardcore etc..etc..

fav all time band is Parkway Drive :3

also song im currently hooked on is Thy Art Is Murder - Reign Of Darkness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47Plg93oJ1M

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    Has anyone heard of Queensryche? This is one of their better songs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYakP5Q_mWg
    Who hasn't heard of Queensryche?! Seriously though, outside of Operation Mindcrime which is a pretty decent concept album as a whole, they're nothing terribly amazing. Average at best.

Eh, don't say that, if I was still 15 I would have given the link more of a listen. Too mind numbingly repetitive though, and honestly the only appeal they really had were some iffy riffs at best. Its far far FAR too dime a dozen to even have a second listen though.

Quote Originally Posted by Odin VI View Post
    im a huge fan of metal,hardcore etc..etc..

fav all time band is Parkway Drive :3

also song im currently hooked on is Thy Art Is Murder - Reign Of Darkness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47Plg93oJ1M
    However Agonist if you were to say no one gives a **** about this post, you would be absolutely right. I think I have a headache now.....
    BLAH

Page 337 of 364 FirstFirst ... 237287327333334335336337338339340341347 ... LastLast