Page 340 of 363 FirstFirst ... 240290330336337338339340341342343344350 ... LastLast
Results 8,476 to 8,500 of 9067

Thread: Metalheads? anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    Side discussion: Black Sabbath is supposed to be releasing a new studio album this year, with Ozzy singing.

Given his recent solo career, does anyone think he can sing their newest "Electric Funeral" rewrite/s well?
    It's not really new news, it's been discussed for months. But I feel the whole debacle with Bill Ward has left a bad taste in the mouth, and kind of overshadowed the new album. He was such a big part of the bands early sound as far as I'm concerned. Ozzy doesn't seem up to it from recent live footage. The Heaven and Hell album ranged from listenable to decent, and the recent Ozzy output has been dire, so I'm not expecting much. I just hope 3 of the 4 of them being together with respark something inside that got lost over the years.

I liked The Devil You Know, but it was pretty much just two songs. I believe that the band has a chance at making decent music -- trouble is there that that's "a chance." Cross Purposes, their last album that I would consider average or better, is almost twenty years old now. The band's also half different from that mid-water mark (well, only one of the writers is absent), so who knows.

But there's gonna be at least one "Electric Funeral" re-write. There almost always is.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Katatonia are pretty good. The latest 4 albums are all pretty even and nice, I don't really care for their early albums, and they don't really sound like that anymore, so the newer albums gives a better view of how they sound.

ah, ok. genre-benders like Anathema then? i will check their 2 newest out tomorrow.
    life is
    a game

Yeah sort of, not as extreme as Anathema, but from what I understand they rarely play really old stuff live anymore, when I saw them they didn't play anything from the first 3 or 4 albums.

oh yeah, mikael ĺkerfeldt does vocals on brave murder day, so you might tolerate that one.

Mikael Akerfeldt rules. his best moment was on edge of sanitys crimson though. dam that scream is amazing

Anybody heard of a band called Pelican? Their tracks are entirely instrumental, but the music is so chill
    fav track so far:
    Pelican- The Creeper
    oopsie

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    Anybody heard of a band called Pelican? Their tracks are entirely instrumental, but the music is so chill
    fav track so far:
    Pelican- The Creeper
    Yeah, they're pretty good.

Anyway, here's a band Dion turned me onto, The Circle Ends Here.
    Last edited by Agonist; 18th February 2013 at 7:17 PM.

I've heard Pelican. What are your opinions of Cryptopsy?

All I've heard of Pelican was when a mate was giving me a lift home from uni and he hadn't swapped CD's in his car for months and it was the only one we'd not recently played, so he put it on. I was a bit indifferent to it.

Cryptopsy strike me as one of those bands who put brutality before good songs, much like Suffocation.

Maybe with their post none so vile stuff but their earlier stuff had some killer songs-Slit Your Guts for that breakdown, Phobophile because of the energy, Crown Of Horns because its such a pissed off opener.

Also, their Once Was Not album is great as well (Lord worm's comeback, but its a crap vocal performance)

I prefer the Thrashier sort of death metal. I think if I only owned Left Hand Path and Like an Ever Flowing Stream I'd be content as far as death metal goes. (Thats not to say there isn't a whole lot more I like)

For something very different, the new 11 hour Sabazius track

None So Vile is the absolute peak of tech death. it's a shame that all of the slam and brutal death metal bands that take their entire discographies out of that album's playbook suck.

i've mostly been listening to sludge and grindcore as far as metal goes but i pulled out Running Wild's debut for the first time in awhile. seriously one of the best traditional metal albums ever.

Like An Everflowing Stream is great agreed. if you like thrashy death, do you like Vader?

None So vile isnt tech death apart from the drums, the guitars are usually a mixture of four power chords and tremolo picking across three strings-not tech at all, and the bass work follows the guitar. Take it from someone who can play the whole album.
    Cryptopsy became tech death after that, on Whisper Supremacy

Anyone here like Sinister?

I've not listened to an awful lot of Vader, but nothing I've heard has ever made me want to check them out. They just strike me as a bit dull.

Listen to Sothis, Sword Of the Witcher (title song for my favorite game), and True Names and see if that changes your mind? Or just the entire Black To The Blind album-its 29 minutes of nothing but pure death metal.

They just don't come across as my style, too much double bass not enough blast beat or Atmosphere.

Are you familiar with the Chasm? they are one of the few bands that don't sound like Swedish death metal that I really like.

Fair enough, Vader actually use a LOT of blast beats on much of their work-they are famous for it.

Nope not heard them but i'll give them a shot now dude .

Do you like any black metal?

Aye, you might say that haha

I take it you are too?
    Last edited by Hammerheart; 19th February 2013 at 6:39 PM.

"you are too" ? I am what llol?

A fan of black metal?

Hey, someone here likes The Black Dahlia murder? I like their music and they have lot of funny clips =D

new rotting christ is quite good.

You say that about everything :P

The new Soror Dolorosa is one of the best albums I've heard in a while.

Page 340 of 363 FirstFirst ... 240290330336337338339340341342343344350 ... LastLast