Page 346 of 363 FirstFirst ... 246296336342343344345346347348349350356 ... LastLast
Results 8,626 to 8,650 of 9065

Thread: Metalheads? anybody?

Can't say I know either, but Dionysus have members who are involved with Magic Kingdom and Saint Deamon, so perhaps they're worth me checking out.

Anyone else listened to the new Meads of Asphodel album?

The new Altar of Plagues album is brilliant, one of the best albums so far in 2013.

I only heard the track they did the video for, but it didn't do much for me I'm afraid. But then I've always found them very hit and miss. White Tomb was the album I listened to most, and the first half, or 'Earth' tracks were fine, but then the second half, the 'Through the Collapse' tracks really didn't do anything for me.

The new album has been getting fantastic reviews so I would recommend checking it out. Black Metal can often be hit or miss for me, but in this case it's a homerun pretty much.

i have done a complete 180 on Opeth's Deliverance in the last few weeks. god damn it's great, especially the title track and A Fair Judgement. got this in the post today B)

life is
    a game

Deliverance is pretty sweet. Wreath, title-track, A Fair Judgement, Masters Apprentices, neat stuff.

I will also recommend the new Polkadot Cadaver album, "Last Call in Jonestown". Avant-Garde Metal very influenced by Mike Patton (Mr. Bungle and Faith No More) but darker, with sinister lyrics and just fun music overall. Mix between metal and pretty much everything else you can find. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    The new album has been getting fantastic reviews so I would recommend checking it out. Black Metal can often be hit or miss for me, but in this case it's a homerun pretty much.
    I probably will at some point. I just feel I'm enjoying so much music at the moment that there's not room for anything new right now.

Quote Originally Posted by moot View Post
    i have done a complete 180 on Opeth's Deliverance in the last few weeks. god damn it's great, especially the title track and A Fair Judgement. got this in the post today B)

I've never really gotten on with that album. Especially live, they just seemed the least interesting songs and they never seemed to end. Especially the 3 minute chug at the end of the title track. My problem with Opeth is I feel I've had my day with them, like I'm never going to care enough to revisit the albums I didn't like, and it's rare I will listne to the ones I do/did.

I re-re-descovered the joys of W.A.S.P. this afternoon. The self titled is what Heavy Metal is all about.
    I've also been listening to a lot of Seirom (1973 is an essential album if you ask me, this track is one of my favourites), Sisters of Mercy, Dead Can Dance, Sorror Dolorosa, The Cure, M83, Fall out Boy, various uplifting Trance artists, Jess and the Ancient Ones and Slowedive. Very little metal, but I honestly don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    It's quite good, I've listened to it quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by moot View Post

Deliverance used to be one of my favorite albums by them, but I haven't listened to it recently.

And I'm jealous ;__;

And finally, the new DEP album is rather good.

I preordered it today, haven't heard it yet though.

Also, just came home from seeing Agalloch live. They remain one of my favorite metalbands, and they put on an amazing liveshow.
    Last edited by Zantera; 11th May 2013 at 11:08 PM.

I'm yet to see them, what sort of setlist was it?

chiming in to say that deliverance is a great album, quite possibly their 5th best.

also nothing has toppled amends off my aoty 2013. nothing has even come remotely close, to be honest. new tesseract will hopefully be a solid 4.

Yeah, I feel there's a bit of a dry spell at the moment.
    Since the start of April all I have in terms of new albums are

Gloryhammer
    The Soundtrack from Spring Breakers
    Wardruna
    M83's soundtrack to Oblivion
    Fall out Boy
    The Meads of Asphodel
    Kulturkampf
    Anahata Sacred Sound Current.

And of those the only one likely to make the end of year list is Fall out Boy.

Edit: so shortly after posting that I find some really good music. Only a single demo track, but it's hitting all the right spots for me in terms of black metal
    Last edited by Hammerheart; 13th May 2013 at 1:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerheart View Post
    I'm yet to see them, what sort of setlist was it?
    The setlist looked like this:

-intro-
    1. Limbs
    2. Ghosts of the Midwinter Fires
    3. Falling Snow
    4. Faustian Echoes
    5. The Melancholy Spirit
    6. You Were But a Ghost in My Arms
    7. In the Shadow of Our Pale Companion
    8. Kneel to the Cross
    -encore--
    9. Our Fortress is Burning I
    10. Our Fortress is Burning II: Bloodbirds
    11. Our Fortress is Burning III: The Grain

They delivered. Also picked up Faustian Echoes on vinyl, and will get my Pale Folklore vinyl soon as well.

I never took to Faustian Echoes the same way I did other stuff. Then again, I think around the time of Ashes when their sound seemed to shift from the neo folk influence to the post rock influence my liking seems to drop if that makes sense.

The new Skagos album came in the post today. Only one play, but it does have top 10 for the year potential.

Personally I think Ashes is their best. The other three are all stellar though, but Ashes is just perfect from start 'til finish. But yeah, The Mantle, Pale Folklore, Marrow of the Spirit.. epic run of albums.

Are you familiar with Skagos? I know I mentioned them last page, but thinking about it, I think if your into Agalloch, there's a good chance you'll like them.
    http://skagos.bandcamp.com/album/anarchic

I remember hearing that album at the very beginning of this year. My reactions towards it were almost the same as my reactions to the latest Fen, I thought it was good, but also it reminded me a bit too much of Agalloch to make me really interested in it.

New TesseracT.
    It takes way too long to climax on the last few tracks and I don't think the wait is worth it imo. Also, I usually don't say this but I wish it was more metal.

i actually really liked new tesseract. the vocals fit nicely, but i do agree that it lacks a little crunch.

Quote Originally Posted by palingensia View Post
    i actually really liked new tesseract. the vocals fit nicely, but i do agree that it lacks a little crunch.
    basically this.

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by tokyo/seven View Post

I was hoping it'd be the single from the upcoming Falkenbach album. Alas. Seems I'll have to do that one myself.

The Ŕrsaidh album roots is finally out.
    Here's a track from it.

If this isn't in my top ten come the end of the year I'll eat my hat.

Page 346 of 363 FirstFirst ... 246296336342343344345346347348349350356 ... LastLast