Page 1 of 360 123451151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 8994

Thread: Metalheads? anybody?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    102

    Default Metalheads? anybody?

    Are there any metalheads on the forum by any chance? Or am I a lone wanderer of our kind in these areas?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,375

    Default

    Slayer, Metallica (early), Pantera, Killswitch Engage, System of a Down (Alternative Metal, if it counts), Dethklok, Nightwish, Megadeth, Opeth, Tool (partially metal), In Flames, Cannibal Corpse, Behemoth, Sepultura (Earlier), Shadows Fall, and I could keep going but I'm rather lazy. I'm also keeping myself from saying "Slipknot", because I know I'm pretty much alone in considering them metal.

    Speaking of metal, I could really use the names of a few good Metalcore/Groove Metal/Thrash Metal bands, I'd like to make my taste a little more diverse.


    Quote Originally Posted by manaphy72 View Post
    when i was younger like 5 i thought babies were made by drinking a lot of milk and saying i want a baby

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Somewhere around Barstow
    Posts
    89

    Default

    Well, I'm not sure about total metalhead, but I listen to Pantera, Nightwish, System of A Down, and Black Sabbath. Occasionally Megadeth (Guitar Hero) and I have heard only one track by Dethkok and I want to find more.

    EDIT: add Dream Theatre to that list.

    Second Edit: Now I'm a total metalhead listening to Early Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Slipknot, Iron Maiden, Tool, All That Remains, Trivium, and pretty much any metal biffed at me.
    Last edited by Essencewing; 26th March 2009 at 10:50 PM.
    Name: Kuroma
    Pearl FC: 4467-9690-5987
    White FC: 5157 2229 1680
    Shameless self-promotion for page: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2897778/Essencewing

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    well Pallet town duh
    Posts
    121

    Default

    oh man i love metal

    IRON MAIDEN pantera metallica (early lol just like everyone else) dethklok anthrax megadeth slayer all that remains those are my favorites lol i got a lot more but that covers my best

  5. #5

    Default

    Not really a Metalhead. But I like some bands such as Metallica/Iron Maiden/Megadeth/etc.
    System of A Down
    I'm sorry. But SoAD is just...the most ****ed up band. Idk what they are but they're not metal.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    New Pork City
    Posts
    15,665

    Default

    Power Metal and Symphonic Metal. The rest is too hardcore for my poor heart.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Mooching off Parents
    Posts
    680

    Default

    Megadeth, Metallica, System of A Down, Unearth, 403, Disturbed (is it o.o?), Slayer, Lamb of Gods (is it o.o?), Iron Maiden, Fear Factory (is it o.o?), and DragonForce. Thats right, I listen to DragonForce. And yes, I can tell the difference between their music >:^D.

    Keeping it simple till something comes in here.

    I only read the first post and the last page.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    New Pork City
    Posts
    15,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by itsme View Post
    And yes, I can tell the difference between their music >:^D.
    You must be some kind of sorcerer.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,375

    Default

    Any fans of Testament here? I listened to a few of their songs earlier, pretty nice.

    Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky~40 View Post
    You must be some kind of sorcerer.
    Or some kind of magical demon from the depths of Misc.


    Quote Originally Posted by manaphy72 View Post
    when i was younger like 5 i thought babies were made by drinking a lot of milk and saying i want a baby

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlipKnoT View Post
    Any fans of Testament here?
    Testament! Good band, yes. Though 60 minute sound checks do get boring..

    As far as metal goes, I'm more into the Folk/Viking as the main dish, with a healthy chunk of Power on the side, covered in a sauce of Black, with a bit of most other genres lightly sprinkled over the top.


    This signature is temporary, until I can be bothered to spend a few hours shading a new one pixel by pixel in Paint.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    1,089

    Default

    I guess I can consider myself a "metalhead"

    Megadeth, Metallica (Kill Em All to ...And Justice for All era), Pantera, Black Sabbath, DragonForce (in small doses), Testament, Anthrax, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, and Nightwish
    Song Claimed: Someone's in the Wolf by Queens of the Stone Age

    Currently Playing

    DS: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
    PS2: Guitar Hero 1 and 2
    Wii: Medal of Honor Heroes 2

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tecksas
    Posts
    7,625

    Default

    I wouldn't say metalhead, but someone who likes to listen to this kind of music.

    Been listening to Killswitch Engage, Scary Kids Scaring Kids and Bullet for my Valentine.

    I'm just listening to many kinds to see which ones I like.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    3,502

    Default

    The Absence, Adema, Alice In Chains, Alien Ant Farm, Amen, American Headcharge, Amon Amarth, Amorphis, Anthrax, Anti-Flag, Arch Enemy, At The Gates, Authority Zero, Backyard Babies, Bad Religion, Baroness, Battlelore, Billy Talent, Biomechanical, Black Label Society, Black Sabbath, Blind Guardian, Blink 182, Bloodsimple, Bowling For Soup, Boy Sets Fire, Breaking Benjamin, Breed 77, Bruce Dickinson, Buckcherry, Bush, The Casualties, Celtic Frost, Children Of Bodom, Chimaira, Chrome Division, Chuck Schuldiner, Cirith Ungol, Cold, Coldseed, Communic, Control Denied, Crazy Town, Cream, Crimson Glory, Crowbar, Cynic, Daath, Damage Plan, Dark Angel, Darkest Hour, Dark Tranquillity, Dave Navarro, Death, Death Angel, Deftones, Demons &; Wizards, Destruction, DevilDriver, Dinosaur Jr, Dio, The Distillers, Disturbed, Dragonforce, Drowning Pool, Entombed, Exodus, The Exploited, Fear Factory, Fireball Ministry, Foo Fighters, Forbidden, Forever Never, Fuel, Glenn Hughes, God Forbid, Godsmack, Gorefest, Grand Magus, Green Day, Guns N Roses, Hammerfall, Hatebreed, Hatesphere, The Haunted, Heaven Shall Burn, Helloween, Hell Yeah, High On Fire, Hinder, Hole, Hoobastank, Hurt, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ignite, Ill Nino, In Flames, Incubus, Into Eternity, Iron Maiden, Jerry Cantrell, Joe Satriani, Ed Alleyne Johnson, Johnny Cash, Kansas, Killswitch Engage, The Kinks, Korn, Kreator, Kyuss, Lacuna Coil, Lamb of God, Leaves' Eyes, Lenny Kravitz, Less Then Jake, Life of Agony, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Lit, Machine Head, Marilyn Manson, Mastodon, Meat Loaf, Megadeth, Mercenary, Mercyful Fate, Metal Church, Metallica, Michelle Branch, Misfits, Monster Magnet, Morbid Angel, Motley Crue, Motorhead, Mudvayne, Mushroom Head, My Dying Bride, Mystic Prophecy, Nevermore, New Model Army, Nickelback, Nine Black Alps, Nirvana, No Doubt, NOFX, Oasis, Obituary, Offspring, One Man Army and the Undead Quartet, Onslaught, Opeth, Overkill, Panic Cell, Pantera, Papa Roach, Paradise Lost, Pearl Jam, Pennywise, Pentagram, A Perfect Circle, Pixies, Possessed, Puddle of Mudd, Queens of the Stone Age, Queensryche, R.E.M., Rage Against the Machine, Rammstein, Ramones, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Rise Against, Roxette, Saliva, Sanctorum, Sanctuary, Santana, Scar Symmetry, Scorpions, Seether, Sentenced, Sepultura, Seven Witches, Sevendust, Shadows Fall, Shatter Messiah, Sick of it All, Silverchair, Skindred, Slayer, Slipknot, Smashing Pumpkins, Soil, Soilwork, Soulfly, Soundgarden, Spineshank, SSS, Staind, Stampin' Ground, Static-X, Sting, Stone Sour, Stone Temple Pilots, Sugarcult, Suicidal Tendencies, Sum 41, Superjoint Ritual, The Sword, Symphony X, System of a Down, Tankard, Terror, Testament, Therapy?, Third Eye Blind, 36 Crazyfists, 40 Below Summer, Three Inches of Blood, Thunderstone, Tiamat, Tool, Trapt, Trivium, Tsunami Bomb, Turisas, Twelfth Gate, Type O Negative, Ugly Kid Joe, Unloco, Vallenbrosa, Venom, Wednesday 13, Wicked Wisdom, Within Temptation, Weezer, White Zombie etc etc etc


    Copy & pasted from my myspace, but it does say it all really

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,403

    Default

    Imperial Dragon is really the closest thing to a metalhead here. Everyone above him is just naming mainstream pop bands, though kudos to Tyler for the Cannibal Corpse mention. I prefer metalcore and death metal genres, bands such as Job for a Cowboy, Cannibal Corpse, Dying Fetus, As I Lay Dying, The Devil Wears Prada (though some people consider that screamo) Coldseed, In Flames. I could go on longer than Imperial Dragon, but I'd rather not, its just kinda funny when people consider slayer and metallica "metal".

    EDIT: Imperial Dragon, give yourself a pat on the back, I had no idea anyone else had ever even heard of Celtic Frost. Obviously you and I are the only seasoned metalheads here.
    19

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IMPERIAL DRAGON View Post
    The Absence, Adema, Alice In Chains, Alien Ant Farm, Amen, American Headcharge, Amon Amarth, Amorphis, Anthrax, Anti-Flag, Arch Enemy, At The Gates, Authority Zero, Backyard Babies, Bad Religion, Baroness, Battlelore, Billy Talent, Biomechanical, Black Label Society, Black Sabbath, Blind Guardian, Blink 182, Bloodsimple, Bowling For Soup, Boy Sets Fire, Breaking Benjamin, Breed 77, Bruce Dickinson, Buckcherry, Bush, The Casualties, Celtic Frost, Children Of Bodom, Chimaira, Chrome Division, Chuck Schuldiner, Cirith Ungol, Cold, Coldseed, Communic, Control Denied, Crazy Town, Cream, Crimson Glory, Crowbar, Cynic, Daath, Damage Plan, Dark Angel, Darkest Hour, Dark Tranquillity, Dave Navarro, Death, Death Angel, Deftones, Demons &; Wizards, Destruction, DevilDriver, Dinosaur Jr, Dio, The Distillers, Disturbed, Dragonforce, Drowning Pool, Entombed, Exodus, The Exploited, Fear Factory, Fireball Ministry, Foo Fighters, Forbidden, Forever Never, Fuel, Glenn Hughes, God Forbid, Godsmack, Gorefest, Grand Magus, Green Day, Guns N Roses, Hammerfall, Hatebreed, Hatesphere, The Haunted, Heaven Shall Burn, Helloween, Hell Yeah, High On Fire, Hinder, Hole, Hoobastank, Hurt, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ignite, Ill Nino, In Flames, Incubus, Into Eternity, Iron Maiden, Jerry Cantrell, Joe Satriani, Ed Alleyne Johnson, Johnny Cash, Kansas, Killswitch Engage, The Kinks, Korn, Kreator, Kyuss, Lacuna Coil, Lamb of God, Leaves' Eyes, Lenny Kravitz, Less Then Jake, Life of Agony, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Lit, Machine Head, Marilyn Manson, Mastodon, Meat Loaf, Megadeth, Mercenary, Mercyful Fate, Metal Church, Metallica, Michelle Branch, Misfits, Monster Magnet, Morbid Angel, Motley Crue, Motorhead, Mudvayne, Mushroom Head, My Dying Bride, Mystic Prophecy, Nevermore, New Model Army, Nickelback, Nine Black Alps, Nirvana, No Doubt, NOFX, Oasis, Obituary, Offspring, One Man Army and the Undead Quartet, Onslaught, Opeth, Overkill, Panic Cell, Pantera, Papa Roach, Paradise Lost, Pearl Jam, Pennywise, Pentagram, A Perfect Circle, Pixies, Possessed, Puddle of Mudd, Queens of the Stone Age, Queensryche, R.E.M., Rage Against the Machine, Rammstein, Ramones, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Rise Against, Roxette, Saliva, Sanctorum, Sanctuary, Santana, Scar Symmetry, Scorpions, Seether, Sentenced, Sepultura, Seven Witches, Sevendust, Shadows Fall, Shatter Messiah, Sick of it All, Silverchair, Skindred, Slayer, Slipknot, Smashing Pumpkins, Soil, Soilwork, Soulfly, Soundgarden, Spineshank, SSS, Staind, Stampin' Ground, Static-X, Sting, Stone Sour, Stone Temple Pilots, Sugarcult, Suicidal Tendencies, Sum 41, Superjoint Ritual, The Sword, Symphony X, System of a Down, Tankard, Terror, Testament, Therapy?, Third Eye Blind, 36 Crazyfists, 40 Below Summer, Three Inches of Blood, Thunderstone, Tiamat, Tool, Trapt, Trivium, Tsunami Bomb, Turisas, Twelfth Gate, Type O Negative, Ugly Kid Joe, Unloco, Vallenbrosa, Venom, Wednesday 13, Wicked Wisdom, Within Temptation, Weezer, White Zombie etc etc etc


    Copy & pasted from my myspace, but it does say it all really
    Although the mention of Slipknot, American Head Charge, and Tool alone left me pleased with your list, the bolded artists left me a tad confused. LP? LB? Lenny Kravitz?

    Also, Brett, deary, how exactly is Slayer not metal? .-.


    Quote Originally Posted by manaphy72 View Post
    when i was younger like 5 i thought babies were made by drinking a lot of milk and saying i want a baby

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    3,502

    Default

    Well I like a variety of bands as long as they are in some way rock influenced... I love a bit of Cream though, gotta enjoy a bit of Eric Clapton. As for the others... Bowling For Soup and Billy Talent aren't the heaviest of bands but I enjoy the energy, and BT's guitarist is alright for a lighter band. Blink 182, I've always enjoyed their music, and Greenday's earlier work is still pretty good. Lenny Kravitz's 'Fly Away' has always been a great song in my opinion, which was the main reason I started listening to him. Linkin Park, again, always enjoyed their music ever since I heard Hybrid Theory years ago. Meat Loaf is just classic. As for Nirvana, Oasis, Stone Temple Pilots and The Smashing Pumpkins, I love my grunge and decent rock, which is why I enjoy Nickelback, since in my opinion they are one of the best straight up rock acts in recent years. NOFX are great for comedy value too, and Santana's just a legend, no different to listening to Johnny Cash or Elvis really.

    And a big cheers to Brettt for the kind words. Luckily where I live, all the genres of metal have a strong following so Nottingham is a very cultured town in a metal sense, Celtic Frost and Kreator played here last year actually. By the way, are you a fan of Hellhammer too?

    Also, personally if I had to choose a top 5 bands, they would be: Nevermore, The Haunted, Paradise Lost, Kreator and Death.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brettt View Post
    its just kinda funny when people consider slayer and metallica "metal".
    That's a shocking thing to say. I'm guessing 95% of metal fans would disagree with you there, and another 4.999% would disagree with you if you specify "pre-1990". Care to explain why you think this?


    This signature is temporary, until I can be bothered to spend a few hours shading a new one pixel by pixel in Paint.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    102

    Default

    I do not see Dimmu Borgir in those bandlists :P

    I have just about 200 CD from various bands... can't really name em all, would take too long

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    corn country
    Posts
    3,820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IMPERIAL DRAGON View Post
    And a big cheers to Brettt for the kind words. Luckily where I live, all the genres of metal have a strong following so Nottingham is a very cultured town in a metal sense, Celtic Frost and Kreator played here last year actually. By the way, are you a fan of Hellhammer too?
    Damn you people and living in decent places!

    I listen to a lot of older metal... mostly Black Sabbath, but I listen to a few other metal bands and a few which are kind of ambiguous, but still sufficiently heavy. I listen to... well, some Iron Maiden, anyway - I don't have many of their albums, though. I also listen to Tool A WHOLE FUGGIN' LOT - likewise to Dream Theater. I listen to Monster Magnet, a band sometimes listed as being metal, though, more appropriately they're considered to be stoner rock. Similarly, Rush is sometimes stated to be metal though they're really more in-line with being prog-rock.

    As far as '70s metal goes, though? What really tops my list (at the moment, of course) are Motorhead's "Overkill" and "Bomber" albums...

    -T.F.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

    The usual links

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    ontario
    Posts
    4,085

    Default

    I've really been digging !T.O.O.H.!, Necrophagist, and other Tech death bands lately.

    Though I'm a thrash fan 100%. MEgadeth Kreator, Nevermore, Slayer, Testament, Sepultura, etc.

    I do not see Dimmu Borgir in those bandlists :P
    Good. Dimmu is one of the worst metal bands there are. Along the lines of DragonForce, Trivium, and Cradle of Filth.
    Last edited by DragonDance; 5th March 2008 at 8:35 PM.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Crystal Mountain, US.
    Posts
    1,621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonDance View Post
    Good. Dimmu is one of the worst metal bands there are. Along the lines of DragonForce, Trivium, and Cradle of Filth.
    I remember seeing Trivium's cover of Metallica's Master Of Puppets, done with heavy distortion and in cut time. I seriously lol'd.

    Metalhead here. If I can mosh to it, I listen to it.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    ontario
    Posts
    4,085

    Default

    To be honest, thats the best thing they've ever done.

    Yet still fails in comparison to the original.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Slayer; 80s Metallica; Unearth; Megadeth; 70s Black Sabbath; Soulfly; Type O Negative; Judas Priest; Danzig; Mastodon; Kyuss; Iced Earth; Exodus; God Dethroned; Behemoth; God Forbid; Biohazard; Anthrax; The Absence; Iron Maiden; Sepultura; Motorhead; Pantera; SuperJoint Ritual; Opeth; Ozzy Osbourne; Cannibal Corpse; Obituary; Overkill; Deicide; Dying Fetus; Bolt Thrower; Suicidal Tendencies; Enslaved; Suffocation; Kataklysm; Satyricon; Heaven Shall Burn; A Perfect Murder; Old Man's Child; Thine Eyes Bleed; Meshuggah; The Black Dahlia Murder; Shadows Fall; Kreator; Hammerfall; Hellyeah; Amorphis; Down; Moonspell; Napalm Death; Otep; White Zombie/Rob Zombie; Chimaira; Lamb of God; Black Label Society; Arch Enemy; Fear Factory; Tool; Alice in Chains; High on Fire; Celtic Frost; and more.


    Meh.
    Last edited by MetalMEB; 10th March 2008 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Was copied and pasted off my old Myspace, it needed updating.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    ontario
    Posts
    4,085

    Default

    Can someone please tell me what's so good about Pantera? Because I can't figure out why people like them.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Crystal Mountain, US.
    Posts
    1,621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonDance View Post
    Can someone please tell me what's so good about Pantera? Because I can't figure out why people like them.
    Not the best band, but Pantera did help bring metal back into the spotlight. Grunge and other alt rock sub-genres were running rampant at the time, iirc. Dimebag is a good guitarist, though. If you can't see that, or enjoy the fact that he took blues scales and made them "metal", then you are a lost cause.

Page 1 of 360 123451151101 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •