Page 101 of 363 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 9065

Thread: Metalheads? anybody?

I realy like The Sound of Perseverance. I think its a lot better than Human and Scream Bloody Gore. And The Priest cover is awesome

but Human was the most Sucessful in terms of sales. but im not sure wich fans consider the best

Ive Been realy getting into Primordal lately, The Coffin Ships is such an Amazing song. but when i first heard them i wasnt so struck, but its realy grown on me lately

Quote Originally Posted by Cain Nightroad View Post
    I'm talking more fanbase here than music critics.
    These are the same type of idiots that dismissed Cynic's latest album as rubbish and believed Traced in Air can only be appreciated by nostalgia freaks excited to see the band producing more material after 15 years.

In short: fanbases in metal are pretty goddamn dumb.

in the moment of ultra-light
    when the fire burns black
    & each & every second in the flame
    we divide & sub-divide &
    each time a cell splits off we
    become a new flesh - a new flesh
    a new self - a new self
    into infinity

Quote Originally Posted by HellKorn View Post
    In short: fanbases in metal are pretty goddamn dumb.
    On that we agree.

When it comes to Death, I'm of the opinion that Symbolic and TSOP are superior to their other albums. Not to say the other ones aren't good, but they don't do much for me.

Quote Originally Posted by manaphy72 View Post
    when i was younger like 5 i thought babies were made by drinking a lot of milk and saying i want a baby

Quote Originally Posted by SlipKnoT View Post
    On that we agree.

When it comes to Death, I'm of the opinion that Symbolic and TSOP are superior to their other albums. Not to say the other ones aren't good, but they don't do much for me.
    I agree, though ive not heard Symbolic yet, From the three albums ive heard, the later it was made the more I liked it.

Another random, but very good band for you all to check out, Ravenage

Jarboe does guest vocals in Cattle Decapitation's new album.
    Weird

Quote Originally Posted by *Bashamo* View Post
    Jarboe does guest vocals in Cattle Decapitation's new album.
    Weird
    I didn't know that. I have it downloaded already, as I was keeping up with 2009 releases, but have yet to listen.

Can anyone recommend me some Black Metal like Vinterland?
    Oh, it's a sad to forget your e-mail
    [B]

Join this group and I'll sex you up

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerheart View Post
    I agree, though ive not heard Symbolic yet, From the three albums ive heard, the later it was made the more I liked it.

Another random, but very good band for you all to check out, Ravenage
    I will listen to that now, thanks.

Also, opinions on the following bands would be appreciated:
    Tyr
    Watain
    Old Man's Child
    Kult Ov Azazel
    Khold
    Lord Belial
    Borknagar
    Dark Funeral
    Dissection
    Tsjuder

Want to know if they're worth looking into.

when i was younger like 5 i thought babies were made by drinking a lot of milk and saying i want a baby

Quote Originally Posted by Azatos View Post
    Can anyone recommend me some Black Metal like Vinterland?
    http://www.last.fm/music/Vinterland/+similar

should do the trick

Tyr
    Watain
    Old Man's Child
    Kult Ov Azazel
    Khold
    Lord Belial
    Borknagar
    Dark Funeral
    Dissection
    Tsjuder

of those i only Listen to Tyr (asuming your on about the tyr from the Faroe Islands) and Borknagar. There both very good. thou i wasnt impressed with TYR when i saw them live. Id recomend;
    TYR - Eric The Red
    Borknagar - Borknagar

Tyr
    Watain
    Old Man's Child
    Kult Ov Azazel
    Khold
    Lord Belial
    Borknagar
    Dark Funeral
    Dissection
    Tsjuder

If your trying to get into Black Metal yes they are great, Checkout the album Enter The Moonlight Gate nice production quality for BM.

Also, if you are starting on Black Metal which I'm pretty sure you are checkout Secrets Of The Moon and there album Antithesis, one of the good bm albums with good production quality.
    Oh, it's a sad to forget your e-mail
    [B]

Join this group and I'll sex you up

I have yet to listen to them, but a classmate of mine has a brother in a metal band called "Pandah." She really wants me to listen to them, but I haven't got around to it yet. I'm expecting something along the lines of Trivium-bad, but I'll see what happens.

TYR - Eric The Red
    I completely agree with this. It's a great album. You might want to check out one of their later ones, Ragnarok. It has a lot of interludes for one album, though.

Listened to that Ravenage album, it was ok. Favorite tracks were Marmenill and Corpse Hall, the rest were kinda average, in my opinion. Drumming was kinda generic, vocals were nothing special, but I was fond of the guitar work.

Quote Originally Posted by Azatos View Post
    If your trying to get into Black Metal yes they are great, Checkout the album Enter The Moonlight Gate nice production quality for BM.

Also, if you are starting on Black Metal which I'm pretty sure you are checkout Secrets Of The Moon and there album Antithesis, one of the good bm albums with good production quality.
    Will do.

I have yet to listen to them, but a classmate of mine has a brother in a metal band called "Pandah." She really wants me to listen to them, but I haven't got around to it yet. I'm expecting something along the lines of Trivium-bad, but I'll see what happens.
    I don't think Trivium is that bad, really. I saw them live, very energetic, very active, worked the crowd, put on a good show. The guys in that band are seriously talented.

Also, "Pandah". Lol, seriously?

Triviums first two albums with roadrunner are nothing more than awful ****. I'm sure most people can agree with me here.

I gave Shogun another listen recently, and although the majority of songs on there are indeed awful, they somehow manage to make a few decent songs.

Although i did notice a rip of Death - Lack of Comprehension in there, so to say they've finally risen above riff theft would be a false statement.

Even if in a few years, they somehow manage to learn how to write songs, and make an album better than Satanica, or At the Heart of Winter, I will never be able to respect them for that reason.

On another note, np: Celtic Frost - Monothiest

Truly amazing album.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonDance View Post
    Triviums first two albums with roadrunner are nothing more than awful ****. I'm sure most people can agree with me here.

I gave Shogun another listen recently, and although the majority of songs on there are indeed awful, they somehow manage to make a few decent songs.

Although i did notice a rip of Death - Lack of Comprehension in there, so to say they've finally risen above riff theft would be a false statement.

Even if in a few years, they somehow manage to learn how to write songs, and make an album better than Satanica, or At the Heart of Winter, I will never be able to respect them for that reason.

On another note, np: Celtic Frost - Monothiest

Truly amazing album.

I think the Debut album Ember to inferno is triviums best album, but i agree with ascendency being poor or as you say "nothing more than awful ****. " I thaught the crusade was a good album, with some decent songs, not the best album ive heard, but i cant complain. and ive only listened to shogun once, and it was a bit average in my opinion.

I also listened to Monothiest, and i cant say i was overly impressed by that either.

Got the new Suidakra album Crógacht last night. its quite good. Its slightly melodic death with hints of celtic folk music. a bit like Ensiferum if they played celtic folk rather than Finnish folk. Except there no were near as good as ensiferum.
    I also got Primordials 'To the Nameless Dead' and 'Storm Before Calm' yesterday. and Odroerir's 'Laßt Euch Sagen Aus Alten Tagen...' all albums i would strongly recomend.
    Odroerir features members of Menhir and XIV Dark Centuries.

Also, "Pandah". Lol, seriously?
    You haven't seen the shirts. Oh, Satan, why?

I listened to Trivium for a the majority of two or three months, and I can no longer stand to hear Heafy's voice. They should have worked with that harsher set of vocals that were used on bits of "Into the Mouth of Hell We March."

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerheart View Post
    I think the Debut album Ember to inferno is triviums best album, but i agree with ascendency being poor or as you say "nothing more than awful ****. " I thaught the crusade was a good album, with some decent songs, not the best album ive heard, but i cant complain. and ive only listened to shogun once, and it was a bit average in my opinion.
    I actually thought that Ascendency > The Crusade, by a small margin.

I also listened to Monothiest, and i cant say i was overly impressed by that either.
    :/

I listened to Trivium for a the majority of two or three months, and I can no longer stand to hear Heafy's voice. They should have worked with that harsher set of vocals that were used on bits of "Into the Mouth of Hell We March."
    Heafy's vocals on Shogun are overall much stronger than the previous two.

Though he still has one of the worst growls I've heard.

Heafy's vocals on Shogun are overall much stronger than the previous two.
    I'll check into some of the songs I haven't heard yet. I want be on an empty stomach before I listen to the cover of "Iron Maiden," though, as it could get...interesting.

The Crusade
    I still hate that it was the second album I've ever bought. It was interesting for a while, but it doesn't have any quality that really sets it above the rest. And I'm not going into the whole "title track = 'Dance of Eternity' " thing again.

I still hate that it was the second album I've ever bought.
    sux2beyou

sux2beyou
    I got a good share of listening out of it, though. Besides, the fact that Reign in Blood was first redeems my place in Hell.

Would be better if it was Show No Mercy

I know some people are probably going to be like, "omg thats not metal, thats really...bad music"

but im a huge fan of suicide silence, annotations of an autopsy, emilyrose, emmure, and a bunch more.

is anyone planning on going to mayhem fest or warped tour this year? and if so which ones are you going to?

My friend has gotten me somewhat interested in Iron Maiden. Still haven't decided on whether I should get some albums or not though.
    Heyahowsitgoin
    Addmewhydontcha
    3DS (IGN: Luna): 3625-9695-2604

Iron Maiden's great.

Avenged Sevenfold, IMO, actually did a good cover of Flash of the Blade.

^I'm gonna get like 5 angry messages/replys for saying that.

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

Quote Originally Posted by AEROBLASTER View Post
    My friend has gotten me somewhat interested in Iron Maiden. Still haven't decided on whether I should get some albums or not though.
    Powerslave. Get it.

If you like that, Feel free to get A Matter of Life and Deat, Brave New World, Fear of the Dark, s/t, and The Number of the Beast.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderblade12 View Post
    Iron Maiden's great.

Although nothing can be worse that Arch Enemy's cover of Aces High....

And I like Arch Enemy.
    Last edited by DragonDance; 22nd February 2009 at 7:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderblade12 View Post
    Iron Maiden's great.

avenged sevenfold is amazing live. ive seen them 3 times already. i dont really care for them anymore to be honest

Page 101 of 363 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast