Page 11 of 363 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Metalheads? anybody?

Rhapsody (of Fire) is an amazing band. Dimmu Borgir is an amazing band. I don't give a rat's äss that they were on MTV. I don't care what genre of music they call themselves. I love 'em, and I got tickets to see them April 25th.
    Gorgoroth is amazing, Arcturus was amazing, Celtic Frost was sick, Noman's Land is cool as hell...
    I could go on.

tl;dr: I love metal.

but about Slipknot, there is a message in that. It's met to show that music isn't about having a pretty face, obviously, the masks are far from pretty. You'll never see any member of Slipknot pull a Dave Silveria and be modeling for GAP.
    They SAY that's the reason. At the same time they are far from the only band in their genre to wear masks, they make the masks a selling point by always being in your face with it and even go as far as to make them f*cking Halloween masks, and make easily digestable music for disgruntled 13 year olds who want to be as shocking as 9 bafoons in masks. Therefor despite their bullsh*t, the masks are just a stupid gimmick that they thrive off of. It's an attention grabber and nothing else. Their tame corporate metal is far from anything I'd even consider ugly to begin with. Try listening to bands like Lifelover and Havohej. They make music that makes Slipknot look like Britney Spears and don't need stupid masks to make their image appeal to the little girls in too much eyeliner at the mall.

About the Christianity thing, I don't mind it. Obviously not much metal is Christian based, but I won't be prejudice against a band because their lyrics are about Christianity. Divinefire and Narnia are two power metal bands I really like that are full on Christian and they make great music. That's all that matters.

~~

Divinefire and Narnia are two power metal bands I really like that are full on Christian and they make great music. That's all that matters.
    Divinefire are pretty awesome although I have yet to hear Narnia, I also quite like Demon Hunter. I don't see what the problem is with a bands lyrics being Christian. Their music is still awesome and it's not like they are trying to brainwash you into believing in their religion.

Heck I think the fact that people are able to make decent heavy metal music about something so close to them is a great thing.

You're my wife now!

Narnia actually has the same vocalist as DivineFire. That explains the similar lyrical content.

~~

Listening to As Blood Runs Black and TBDM right now actually.

Speaking of which, I saw The Black Dahlia Murder live. Good show, it was at a small venue so I got to sing with the band.
    "Son, You're 18 now...and yet you still play Pokemon. I am disappoint"

Quote Originally Posted by Nidogod View Post
    They SAY that's the reason. At the same time they are far from the only band in their genre to wear masks, they make the masks a selling point by always being in your face with it and even go as far as to make them f*cking Halloween masks, and make easily digestable music for disgruntled 13 year olds who want to be as shocking as 9 bafoons in masks. Therefor despite their bullsh*t, the masks are just a stupid gimmick that they thrive off of. It's an attention grabber and nothing else. Their tame corporate metal is far from anything I'd even consider ugly to begin with. Try listening to bands like Lifelover and Havohej. They make music that makes Slipknot look like Britney Spears and don't need stupid masks to make their image appeal to the little girls in too much eyeliner at the mall.

About the Christianity thing, I don't mind it. Obviously not much metal is Christian based, but I won't be prejudice against a band because their lyrics are about Christianity. Divinefire and Narnia are two power metal bands I really like that are full on Christian and they make great music. That's all that matters.
    IT LOOKS LIKE I STUMBLED UPON SOME SERIOUS BUSINESS IN THIS THREAD.

Slipknot is 90's metal, and their still stuck in it. They're great at what they do, which is really mediocre metal.

If you want to talk metal, Try listening to some At the Gates and maybe some good thrash too, like Municipal Waste.

Recently I started listening to some of Nevermore's tracks, seeing as I've noticed that some users here are fans of the band. I have to say, Nevermore is beyond what I expected. The non-growl/scream/yell metal really caught my attention. I must say, "Narcosynthesis" and "The River Dragon Has Come" are amazing.

If you want to talk metal, Try listening to some At the Gates and maybe some good thrash too, like Municipal Waste.
    I rather not 'talk metal' with someone who listens to As Blood Runs Black, thanks. Also, I really don't need you to recommend me any metal being as from what I've seen, chances are I've been listening to anything you think up for years and therefor don't need to be told to listen again.

~~

Quote Originally Posted by Pwnbee View Post
    IT LOOKS LIKE I STUMBLED UPON SOME SERIOUS BUSINESS IN THIS THREAD.

Slipknot is 90's metal, and their still stuck in it. They're great at what they do, which is really mediocre metal.
    As I remember, Slipknot is more nu-metal than full-fledged metal. Thus, you can't say that they are mediocre metal when they aren't really metal at all. Cross-genre judging isn't exactly something to use as classification, mind you, even if the two genres are fairly close.

Slipknot is 90's metal,
    More cunts making up non-existent genres, itt.

I got complete discographys from these bands so i consider my self a metal head
    Alestorm
    Arch Enemy
    Arsis
    As I Lay Dying
    At The Gates
    Bathory
    Behemoth
    The Black Dahlia Murder
    Bloodbath
    Cannibal Corpse
    Carcass
    Children Of Bodom
    Cradle Of Filth
    Dark Tranquility
    Death
    Deathstars
    Dimmu Borgir
    Emporer
    Ensiferum
    Eternal Tears Of Sorrow
    Hypocrisy
    Impaled Nazarene
    In Flames
    Insomnium
    Iron Maiden
    Kalmah
    Kataklysm
    Lamb Of God
    Lord Belial
    Magrudergrind
    Minor Threat
    Motorhead
    My Dying Bride<3
    Napalm Death
    Nightwish
    Norther
    One Mans Army And The Undead Quartet
    Preschool Tea Party Massacre
    Psyclon Nine
    Rammstein
    Rotting Christ
    Satariel
    Satyricon
    Sepultura
    Shade Empire
    Slayer
    Soilwork
    Trail Of Tears
    Vader
    Venom
    over 5000 MP3s 30GB my collection pwnz urs

Slipknot have enough elements of metal in them for them to be considered metal, and anyone who says otherwise really is a douche trying to be tr00 by bashing that which they're almost told to hate by the masses, and listening to music which is far worse than Slipknot like Strapping Young Lad.
    The "tag" mallcore really makes me smirk as well - I do hope I am not forced to insult anyone who may use it in this thread

Half the bands "XxSaintx" mentioned in his AWESOME LIST are on the same level as Slipknot anyway.

over 5000 MP3s 30GB my collection pwnz urs
    Over 6500 mp3s 45 gb my collection pwnz urs.

Although I know lots of people who put mine to shame. Most of the guys on the one file sharing prog I use have at least 10,000. There are even a few that have over 100,000. 0_0

Slipknot have enough elements of metal in them for them to be considered metal, and anyone who says otherwise really is a douche trying to be tr00 by bashing that which they're almost told to hate by the masses, and listening to music which is far worse than Slipknot like Strapping Young Lad.
    Slipknot barely have enough elements of metal in them to be considered metal which often makes it a touchy subject. Anyone who says otherwise is one more whiny kid who is upset because the general metal community doesn't share the same views as them, and can't be taken seriously because they think Slipknot is better than SYL.

Half the bands "XxSaintx" mentioned in his AWESOME LIST are on the same level as Slipknot anyway.
    Actually it's a fairly solid list.

~~

Quote Originally Posted by Nidogod View Post
    I rather not 'talk metal' with someone who listens to As Blood Runs Black, thanks. Also, I really don't need you to recommend me any metal being as from what I've seen, chances are I've been listening to anything you think up for years and therefor don't need to be told to listen again.
    Wasn't directed at you. o_o

Whats wrong with As Blood Runs Black?

Anyone into Animosity at all?
    Or could recomend any good Metalcore bands to me, I really just started getting into metal in like the last...4 months?

I jumped ship from listening to Minor Threat/Circle Jerks/Discharge/Ect. to metal so some help would be kindly welcome.

Converge

End list.

Whats wrong with As Blood Runs Black?
    alot

By alot, I mean everything

Quote Originally Posted by DragonDance View Post
    Converge

End list.

alot

By alot, I mean everything
    Thanks, I'll check them out.

Is Job For A Cowboy under the list of "Everything wrong with them" as well?
    From what I've heard, there's alot of controversy with them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwnbee View Post
    Anyone into Animosity at all?
    Or could recomend any good Metalcore bands to me, I really just started getting into metal in like the last...4 months?

I jumped ship from listening to Minor Threat/Circle Jerks/Discharge/Ect. to metal so some help would be kindly welcome.

Dude you like Discharge? Nice one, I know the vocalist Rat haha met him loads of times since he lives in Nottingham, in fact one of my best friends gets the train with him every week lol

Metalcore isn't my area of expertise in all honesty, and I'm rather awful at defining it, but I would suggest Heaven Shall Burn and Hatesphere.

Oh and Cain Nightroad, I'm glad to hear you've been enjoying Nevermore you should check out their vocalist, Warrel Dane's solo album which is released on April 28th. Closest thing we're gonna get to a new Nevermore album any time soon so it'll hopefully be worth a spin, it features other well known guitarists from other bands as well I hear (Y)

Anyone else into Candlemass?

Is Job For A Cowboy under the list of "Everything wrong with them" as well?
    From what I've heard, there's alot of controversy with them as well.
    Yes.

Deathcore is a very poor genre.

I'm glad to hear you've been enjoying Nevermore you should check out their vocalist, Warrel Dane's solo album which is released on April 28th. Closest thing we're gonna get to a new Nevermore album any time soon so it'll hopefully be worth a spin, it features other well known guitarists from other bands as well I hear (Y)
    Defiantly gonna be checking this out.
    Last edited by DragonDance; 14th April 2008 at 2:00 AM.

Anyone who says otherwise is one more whiny kid who is upset because the general metal community doesn't share the same views as them
    I do hate people when they are horribly wrong - this means I have to hate you now, which is a shame
    Guilty as charged!

Well, I just hate people ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by IMPERIAL DRAGON View Post
    Dude you like Discharge? Nice one, I know the vocalist Rat haha met him loads of times since he lives in Nottingham, in fact one of my best friends gets the train with him every week lol

Metalcore isn't my area of expertise in all honesty, and I'm rather awful at defining it, but I would suggest Heaven Shall Burn and Hatesphere.

Oh and Cain Nightroad, I'm glad to hear you've been enjoying Nevermore you should check out their vocalist, Warrel Dane's solo album which is released on April 28th. Closest thing we're gonna get to a new Nevermore album any time soon so it'll hopefully be worth a spin, it features other well known guitarists from other bands as well I hear (Y)

Anyone else into Candlemass?
    Yeah, My dad is way into punk so he got me into them at a young age.

I've heard of Heaven Shall Burn but never looked them up.

I really think that the word 'slipknot' should just stop being mentioned in here.

That, and everything that has 'alternative,' 'nu-' and 'core' in it's genre name.

Debates about it can go in the sticky, imo.

I enjoy the musical stylings of Metal.

I love many bands, but my all time favorites include Nightwish (moreso old NW, but new is okay), Therion, Finntroll, Aesma Daeva....among dozens of others.

Fact: Anyone who mentions Slipknot is a moron.
    Last edited by Kinslayer; 14th April 2008 at 2:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinslayer View Post
    I love many bands, but my all time favorites include Nightwish

I guess that's why your username is "Kinslayer". It's good to see another Nightwish fan here.

Slipknot is a metal band...

Page 11 of 363 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast