Page 197 of 364 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207247297 ... LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,925 of 9077

Thread: Metalheads? anybody?

@ Dragondance: I will!

@ Hammerheart: Neptune Towers is a project by Fenriz(Darkthrone, Isengard, Valhall, Eibon, etc.), and he calls it "Astral Alien Synth". Kind of ethereal ambient, influenced by Tangerine Dream
    Call the Amber Lamps.

listened to 108's recent album, 18:61. it is quite good; first impressions aren't reliable, but i think i like it more than A New Beat from a Dead Heart.

Quote Originally Posted by LunarWing View Post
    Hiphop could be great music(as long as it's not mainstream)
    how's that?

R&B is media-fed garbage.
    what kind of artists do you define as R&B?

as far as "electronic stuff," Fennesz, Oren Ambarchi (technically), Brian Eno and Stars of the Lid are some of the best that i've heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerheart View Post
    I found a band you might like Tim, dunno if you've heard of them or not, a UK band called Moss
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZbp-RGODPI
    i talked about them briefly earlier in this thread i think. they take doom and sludge to the most hilarious extreme possible. they're okay.

in the moment of ultra-light
    when the fire burns black
    & each & every second in the flame
    we divide & sub-divide &
    each time a cell splits off we
    become a new flesh - a new flesh
    a new self - a new self
    into infinity

I am quite fond of Brian Eno, but I still prefer Jarre and Kitaro.

and Ill give try Neptune Towers

Quote Originally Posted by HK View Post
    how's that?

what kind of artists do you define as R&B?
    Well, mainstream hiphop is something I could make in FruityLoops within a time span of 10 minutes, while some hiphop acts I respect are Everlast, and the like. While the music does not reach me in an emotional way, in the sense that it's "magic" doesn't work for me, I can definitely respect such efforts.
    50 Cent, G-Unit and stuff like that can bug off, in my opinion.

And R&B, well, I usually put everything under that tab, including all that MTV-Pop.
    "Artists" I think who are like that include: Lady Gaga(extremely overrated, since when is this "talent"), Rihanna, Pussycat Dolls, Miley Cyrus and more similar acts(most people brainlessly bash these "artists", but I actually listened to them before I judged. Nothing more annoying than people that bias certain music before actually giving it a listen or two.)

@ Hammerheart: please do, it's truly recommended.
    Last edited by LunarWing; 18th April 2010 at 11:32 PM.
    Call the Amber Lamps.

Anyone here into Candlemass, Ministry, or Queensryche?

Kudos to Gladeshadow

Quote Originally Posted by Rage Baron View Post
    Candlemass = Great, I love Nightfall and Ancient Dreams
    Queensryche = Has a few good songs
    Ministry = Never liked them

Candlemass were ok at Bloodstock, but I think I would have liked them more if they didn't have their vocalist. He was alright, but I felt the actual music was far better than he was.

You're my wife now!

Quote Originally Posted by DragonDance View Post
    If you liked the new Heathen, you'll like the new Overkill.
    I dunno. 90's Overkill was hit and miss most of the time, and moving into the 00's they've been trash, save for one or two songs. I have heard one song from the album, and it didn't impress me too much, either.
    Yes, yes, and yes.

Since there's some discussion of doom metal, good death/doom bands? A friend gave me some My Dying Bride albums and I really liked them. Some early Katatonia seems pretty cool too.

Personally I prefer later Katatonia but if you're looking for more downcast, growly doom then you'll want the earlier stuff.

You might want to look into funeral doom as well, it's rediculously heavy but it's guaranteed to ruin your day. Check out Skepticism, Thergothon, Esoteric, Worship etc.

You're my wife now!

Yeah, Thergothon's extremely depressive stuff. Especially "Crying Blood & Crimson Snow".

Candlemass were ok at Bloodstock, but I think I would have liked them more if they didn't have their vocalist. He was alright, but I felt the actual music was far better than he was.
    Robert Lowe's nothing compared to Messiah Marcolin, who was with them on all of their "classic" records besides their debut, Epicus Doomicus Metallicus, which I haven't heard enough of to speak for. He's got a sort of dramatic style to his voice:

"Gothic Stone/The Well of Souls"
    "A Cry From the Crypt"
    "The Prophecy/Dark Reflections"

One from each album that they did with him besides Candlemass: Live.

Epicus Doomicus Metallicus
    That album title is almost as bad as Katatonia's latest.

Also I checked out the first song on that list, the vocals still annoy me, they really don't seem to fit the music. Far too epic and no where near doomy enough.
    Last edited by Tim the turtle; 19th April 2010 at 1:54 AM.

You're my wife now!

Their Death Magic Doom is bad as well.

Their Death Magic Doom is bad as well.
    Sounds like a Final fantasy summon attack.

You're my wife now!

I like some metal, although I wouldn't call myself a full blown metalhead. I mostly like rock, but I sometimes listen to death metal like mutant christ

Quote Originally Posted by magmortar123 View Post
    I like some metal, although I wouldn't call myself a full blown metalhead. I mostly like rock, but I sometimes listen to death metal like mutant christ
    Hehe, never heard of that band. Mutant Christ? Sounds like a Cryptopsy-cover band
    Call the Amber Lamps.

They're not on metal-archives, so they must either be some deathcore band, and/or a myspace bedroom band

Just listened to a 7 minute clip of You Write My Name In Your Head off the new Nadja album Autopergamene. Same old same old, awesomely heavy, crushing drone.

You're my wife now!

I am quite fond of candlemass, I llike the odd track from ministry and Queensryche
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim the turtle View Post
    I have to agree. I was also disappoint they finished with a cover that no one seemed to know. And Im including the vocalist in that statement. Especially seeing as far as I can remember we Didnt get Bewitched either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim the turtle View Post
    That album title is almost as bad as Katatonia's latest.
    True, but it's a fitting name, to say the least.

Kudos to Gladeshadow

Katatonia... good band, but the Brave Murder Day-days are long gone,.. which is a shame..
    Call the Amber Lamps.

Sorry but I have to disagree with you on that one. Personally I far prefer Katatonia's later era, Brave Murder Day is great, but I'd rather listen to Night Is The New Day or Last Fair Deal Gone Down.

You're my wife now!

Viva Emptiness and Last Fair deal Gone Down are my favourite Katatonia albums, actually ;x

Oh the new material is not bad, by far not. I can name a thousand bands that sound alike, but do a very bad job at it, while Katatonia is very good, very good indeed. But for me(personal taste of course:P): Brave Murder Day is brilliant, the rest: just, very, very good.
    Call the Amber Lamps.

I really don't like katatonia. I tried to like them when they were announced for bloodstock, but I just couldn't get into them. And then when I actually watched them, it was worse, I felt death would be preferable than standing there watching/listening to them.

I'm really liking Funeral's Tragedies album at the moment. Ive been on something of a doom binge these last few days, and I rediscovered this gem of an album.

I've been listening to some 5ive recently. They are incredible, I wish I had picked up Hesperus when I had the chance. Slam Dunk (Da Funk) is a particularly awesome song.

You're my wife now!

Page 197 of 364 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207247297 ... LastLast