Page 271 of 363 FirstFirst ... 171221261267268269270271272273274275281321 ... LastLast
Results 6,751 to 6,775 of 9065

Thread: Metalheads? anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerheart View Post
    It's not though, it's just incredibly dull. It's like a mixture of banal radio rock and metal.
    Each to their own I guess. I have a high **** tolerance though, so perhaps if the albums a 2 on a scale of 10 I could have it as a 4 MAYBE a 5.

And yeah, their first album is one of their greatest works, as it is for most bands unfortunately.
    BLAH

Fair play to you. I guess if your more into that sort of thing then I can see why you'd like it. It's just not for me I'm afraid.

Fair play to you. I guess if your more into that sort of thing then I can see why you'd like it. It's just not for me I'm afraid.
    I'm not too into it, just in general tolerant of it in the sense that I won't listen to it 100x in a row and still find little bits of awesome. Maybe 1 time every 2 months to escape from everything that's it.
    BLAH

Is it me or has Entertainment exploded in activity recently. We seem to be constantly down on page 2.

My band discovery for today has been Woodtemple. Very much Graveland worship, but good none the less.

that and it's mostly just me and you carrying the conversation half the time.

anyone here dig Bastard Priest? Left Hand Path era Entombed or Nihilist mixed with some crust, and maybe a tad bit of Possessed type thrash. pretty nice.

god Sweden know what the **** is up when it comes to death metal. not a big fan of the mid era 90's melodic stuff but the earlier bands and the newer stuff coming from there is ****ing ace.

i know i'm always saying that but i just can't stress it enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Tyrant View Post
    that and it's mostly just me and you carrying the conversation half the time.

anyone here dig Bastard Priest? Left Hand Path era Entombed or Nihilist mixed with some crust, and maybe a tad bit of Possessed type thrash. pretty nice.

god Sweden know what the **** is up when it comes to death metal. not a big fan of the mid era 90's melodic stuff but the earlier bands and the newer stuff coming from there is ****ing ace.

i know i'm always saying that but i just can't stress it enough.
    Yah, Sweden has some beastly bands. This ones ok, it doesn't appeal to me; it sounds like a LOT of other bands I have heard over the years.

I've not heard them, but interestingly enough I had them recommended to my by a guy I know. So I'll probably give the album a download tonight.

I've decided to stop buying temporarily whist my bank account recovers.

Just this weekend I ordered
    Obsequiae - Suspended in the Brume of Eos
    Forest of the Soul - Restless in Flight
    Falls of Rauros - The Light That Dwells in Rotten Wood
    (those 3 were part of a package Bindrune were offering, it works out at Ł6.02 for each of them, which considering they are all brand new straight from the Label isn't too bad.)
    Woodtemple - Sorrow of the Wind (a5 digi pack)
    Graveland - Will Stronger Than Death (A5 Digi limited to 2000)

Nice list man. Seeing as you posted purchases, why don't we all? I'm looking lately into a lot of older bands that have 1-4 albums only, or perhaps are lesser known ala Demon, but what albums they are. Of course some of this stuff has been balls ****ing hard to find, but its worth it.
    Warlord-And the Cannons of Destruction have begun
    Demon-Night of the Demon
    Fifth Angel-Fifth Angel
    Watchtower- Energetic Disassembly
    BLAH

I'll be honest, I've only heard of watchtower there, which is surprising.
    What sort of music are they all?

Also Dark Forest have a new track up form the forthcoming album
    http://www.facebook.com/cruzdelsurmu...08468622525037
    Called Under the Greenwood Tree

I'll be honest, I've only heard of watchtower there, which is surprising.
    What sort of music are they all?

Also Dark Forest have a new track up form the forthcoming album
    http://www.facebook.com/cruzdelsurmu...08468622525037
    Called Under the Greenwood Tree
    Warlord and Fifth Angel are early US Power Metal and Demon is NWOBHM. For demon the album I mentioned is pretty much the best you can get out of, afterwards I dunno if you can even call it hard rock. Its worth it because Dave Hills voice work is amazing.
    Demon- Father of Time
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k3ddUX4_jk
    Warlord- Beginning/Lucifer's Hammer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZSkg...eature=related
    Fifth Angel- The Wings of Destiny
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-rqkJxx-Ro

I dunno if you'll get anything out of these songs, but they are some of the highlights of the albums. Just one song won't give you a full picture, but they are worthwhile.
    BLAH

This Demon track is pretty good, sort of reminds me of Thin Lizzy, Magnum and UFO combined. I might download this.

Warlord seem pretty good too. I might also look into this.

Fifth Angel seem pretty good too. Sort of remind me of Headless Cross era sabbath a little bit. I think I'll give these a go too, cheers.

You're welcome man, always good to spread the good word for bands that deserve, even if they're pretty much non-existant.
    BLAH

god i ****ing love Ghoul's first album.

elitists can make fun of me if they want but they're such a fun ****ing band. they're like the Municipal Waste of grind (except they don't suck).

it's just so ****ing CATCHY

My favorite band is Demon Hunter, but my top favorites include As I Lay Dying, Killswitch Engage, Skillet, Impending Doom, The Devil Wears Prada, August Burns Red, The Crimson Armada, Red, Underoath, Skillet, and alot more then that. I'm quite a huge metalhead as you can see
    Battle Subway Singles team (Black): (RECORD: 59)

Working on a new Singles team for Y:

Friend Safari: Type: Fighting Pokemon - Pancham, Medicham, and Breloom.
    FC: 4613 - 7267 - 1185

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontamer1011 View Post
    My favorite band is Demon Hunter, but my top favorites include As I Lay Dying, Killswitch Engage, Skillet, Impending Doom, The Devil Wears Prada, August Burns Red, The Crimson Armada, Red, Underoath, Skillet, and alot more then that. I'm quite a huge metalhead as you can see
    I dunno man, I checked them out and I'm pretty sure the majority of this thread wouldn't touch any of the bands you listed with a 20-foot pole. I know as sure I wouldn't/
    BLAH

dude even i'm more of a metalhead than you.

anyway uh yob - atma is a really good 2011 album. stoner doom with a nice neurosis-y touch to it. check it.

Quote Originally Posted by otaku-dono View Post
    dude even i'm more of a metalhead than you.

anyway uh yob - atma is a really good 2011 album. stoner doom with a nice neurosis-y touch to it. check it.
    Mmm that was delish. Never really touched this area of metal but prepare the ground was enough to give the entire album a look, thanks man.
    BLAH

I keep meaning to give the Yob album a go, as everyone's raving about it. But given I got 3 albums in the post this morning I think it'll have too wait till another day.

I'm not usually one for double posting, but today I rediscovered Scald

F**k metal! Techno/Trance rules!
    Fufufufufu.. .:3
    I bet every metalhead on Serebii hates me now >:3
    I tried to forget you
    I tried to love you
    But I hurt you all the time
    I cant't forget you
    I'm afraid to touch you
    And I always see you cry

Erkennst Du mich denn nicht?
    Bin ich dir unbekannt?

Not really. I imagine they all think "oh look, another attention seeker trying to provoke a reaction"

Stupid troll is stupid? I think so
    Ugh... Metalcore... The worst thing to happen to metal since scene kids...
    [IMG]http://i43.*******.com/343jiwx.png[/IMG]
    Keeping the classics alive

anyone here like Unleashed? i'm thinking of getting their full discography but i want to know what to get next (i'm thinking Midventerblot), i have Where No Life Dwells, Shadows In the Deep, Across the Open Sea, Warrior, and Hammer Batallion. i'm hoping Warrior grows on me because i like everything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterLucario View Post
    Ugh... Metalcore... The worst thing to happen to metal since scene kids...
    pretty sure only a few months ago you had metalcore albums in your sig
    also being an elitist with your sig isn't the best course of action, partly because of the fact that the albums in it are mostly entry level stuff itself, and partly because you have to be so ****ing stupid to think your sig quality is even passable it makes me want to shoot myself just trying to wrap my brain around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arceus94 View Post
    F**k metal! Techno/Trance rules!
    Fufufufufu.. .:3
    I bet every metalhead on Serebii hates me now >:3
    No, but I think you're a douche bag for trying to steal my job of shitting on good threads, and also that you're an attention *****. Really, if you nixed the emotes, a good representation of the average Misc. user.

Non-metal news: I think I've gotten to the point where I can safely call King Crimson's The Power to Believe the most overrated prog album of the 00s.

I should really pick up some more metal albums.

P.S. good on MasterLucario for Diamond Head. You are okay in my book/s.

Since when is Skillet metal? Skillet is a Christian Rock band. Killswitch Engage is the only one I can listen to in your list.

Page 271 of 363 FirstFirst ... 171221261267268269270271272273274275281321 ... LastLast