Page 287 of 356 FirstFirst ... 187237277283284285286287288289290291297337 ... LastLast
Results 7,151 to 7,175 of 8886

Thread: Metalheads? anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    Dude, DUDE, DUDE. That was ****ing amazing. I dunno what it can be described as, but damn. Like dracula formed a black metal band while playing the organs.
    "funeral doom".

i like Esoteric and disEMBOWELMENT.

in fact, i just found out Esoteric have a new record out. will have to get on that.

New Cynic EP is freaking boring. Didn't liked it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by QingLong View Post
    Still haven't listened to it, but Re-Traced was pretty boring to me. I wonder if this is just a thing with the band.

So Metallica and Black Sabbath at Download. Who else is excited by that?
    In possession of a wand made of Dogwood. 13 inches long with a dragon heart-string core. Very supple. Sorted into Gryffindor

Heartgold FC: 3224 8200 8836
    White FC: 1592 4903 1670

Spoiler:- Pokedexs:

Spoiler:- Claims:

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon35 View Post
    When do the tickets for Download usually go on sale? I was intending on waiting to see if Sabbath played a gig near me before deciding whether or not to get tickets, but if Metallica are playing as well, it pretty much seals it for me.

EDIT: Never mind, I just checked the Download website. They go on sale next week. Earliest I will have the money for tickets is January. Doesn't look I'm going. ****.
    Last edited by RobertStyx; 11th November 2011 at 7:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon35 View Post
    I feel I should be excited about Sabbath, but I'm just not. And I don't really care all that much about Metallica.

Quote Originally Posted by QingLong View Post
    i didn't find it boring, it's just not clicking. i do think they've let go of the metal a tad too much though.

speaking of funeral doom, i need to give the new mournful congregation a listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Tyrant View Post
    "funeral doom".

i like Esoteric and disEMBOWELMENT.

in fact, i just found out Esoteric have a new record out. will have to get on that.
    Esoteric are yet to click with me. I really have to be in the mood for them.

Whereas with Skepticism I can stick on Stormcrowfleet or Alloy at any time and I think I'd love it.

well, i only listen to Esoteric when i'm going to sleep, and it's usually the same album (The Maniacal Vale).

but disEMBOWELMENT i can play a lot more often, because i think they're a lot more... "brutal" compared to other funeral doom. it's a lot more based in death metal. compared to Esoteric, which is just super heavy slow doom with some growls.

do you have any opinion on Thergothon?

oh, and as far as new Cynic goes, i've only listened to it once, but i think it spent way too much time trying new things and experimenting. which isn't a BAD thing, but there's just not enough meat to the album... it just sort of panders on the whole time and it doesn't really accomplish much.

it might grow on me, but i don't know if i'm even going to bother listening to it that much more in the future. i mostly just stick with Focus and their demos.

I've heard of, but not listened to Thergothon. I'll get on it in the morning (as it's almost one in the morning here and I'm getting quite tired), and get back to you.

oh, and as far as new Cynic goes, i've only listened to it once, but i think it spent way too much time trying new things and experimenting. which isn't a BAD thing, but there's just not enough meat to the album... it just sort of panders on the whole time and it doesn't really accomplish much.
    this seems to be a fairly common consensus tbh, and i agree after three listens.

anyone here know of entropy? i just randomly stumbled upon them, they're really good thrash from the one track i listened to. definitely worth checking out imo.
    Last edited by palingensia; 12th November 2011 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerheart View Post
    I feel I should be excited about Sabbath, but I'm just not.
    It would be worth it just to see the hilarity of a bunch of geezers trying to capture some old glory, and to see a bunch of geezers coughing trying to cheer for the metal band they supported years ago. But hell, a new proper Sabbath album is enough to get hyped. Its gonna be an interesting year next year...
    BLAH

Yeah, I had initially missed the bit about the new album. That could be good, but only if they can capture the spirit of those early albums.

as for Thergothon, I think I'm going to have to give it a Download, its sounding rather good.

I recently started listening to Dragonforce, and they are quite great. Their fast and long solos are amazing!

Anyone else heard of them? Do any of you like them?

Quote Originally Posted by otaku-dono View Post
    anyone here know of entropy? i just randomly stumbled upon them, they're really good thrash from the one track i listened to. definitely worth checking out imo.
    wow. i was expecting some boring melodic leads to come in after that acoustic intro then a bunch of boring prog/thrash stuff Mekong Delta or such a band already did better years ago, but that kicks ***. reminds me a lot of Exhorder, Gammacide, etc...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE6PkRDS0L0 (no album version youtube so the vocals are a bit worse but it still kicks ***)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INVMnfCsyiE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBDI8gLRwCE

i'd say the early 90's had a bunch of really heavy, brutal as **** bands like that in general.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post
    I recently started listening to Dragonforce, and they are quite great. Their fast and long solos are amazing!

Anyone else heard of them? Do any of you like them?
    I think a better question would be anyone not heard of them. Compared to a lot of the stuff discussed in there, they're massive.

I've not listened to them much lately, but I've been a fan as far back as 2004.

Dropping in to say that I'm digging Carbon-Based Anatomy. Cynic are getting more and more organic-sounding with each release (sans Re-Traced). "Box Up My Bones" and the title track are great, but "Elves Beam Out" just flops. My expectations for the next full length are pretty high.

It's time to get over the idea of Focus 2, guys. I'm much happier with this than if they had continued playing the same style of music for the past 20 years. Look at Megadeth: they keep retreading the same old sounds and just don't know how to progress.

do you have any opinion on Thergothon?
    They never really struck me as anything special. They were trying to be hilariously depressive, and the production renders it practically unlistenable (not to mention those vocals). Maybe if they were an instrumental band and made some drone-doom, they would sound good and the production would be fine. As far as funeral doom is concerned, Ahab's Call of the Wretched Sea is what I stick to.

wow. i was expecting some boring melodic leads to come in after that acoustic intro then a bunch of boring prog/thrash stuff Mekong Delta or such a band already did better years ago, but that kicks ***. reminds me a lot of Exhorder, Gammacide, etc...
    listening to the album now and the song psionic dissection is basically just death metal.

feels good finding something that you like tbh.

Vektor - Outer Isolation drops November 22nd. there's a new track floating around but i'm keeping myself in the dark so i can listen to the album in full.

just reminding you all for what will be the best album this year likely!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cain Nightroad View Post
    It's time to get over the idea of Focus 2, guys.
    if you're referring to my comment about it earlier i wasn't saying i wanted Focus 2, i was saying i just like Focus and the demos more.

i actually haven't seen literally ANYONE saying they want Focus 2, so i don't even know what you're talking about.
    They never really struck me as anything special. They were trying to be hilariously depressive, and the production renders it practically unlistenable (not to mention those vocals). Maybe if they were an instrumental band and made some drone-doom, they would sound good and the production would be fine. As far as funeral doom is concerned, Ahab's Call of the Wretched Sea is what I stick to.
    other than the comment about the vocals this literally made no sense at all.
    Last edited by Evilyn; 13th November 2011 at 4:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    Dude, DUDE, DUDE. That was ****ing amazing. I dunno what it can be described as, but damn. Like dracula formed a black metal band while playing the organs.
    what! That sounds awesome i have to check this out
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/msdvlg.png[/IMG]
    where is my mind?
    Heart Gold Freindcode: 3654-3989-9565
    Current Team: Tess Lizzy Slayer Wacko Farrow
    Gym Badges: 8

New Lord Vicar album arrived today. If you like traditional doom, you'll love this. It's nothing vastly different form their first album in terms of sound, but that's no bad thing when if your first album sounds as good as theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerheart View Post
    New Lord Vicar album arrived today. If you like traditional doom, you'll love this. It's nothing vastly different form their first album in terms of sound, but that's no bad thing when if your first album sounds as good as theirs.
    Sure as hell ain't a bad thing as you said, that thing was amazing. A Man Called Horse has to be the best doom of 2010.
    BLAH

Just got Napalm Death's albums Inside the Torn Apart, Words From the Exit Wound and Breed to Breathe. And the fact that I haven't listening to anything else than that the last three days should be proof enough what I think about them.
    "Because if you didn't believe in evolution, you were a shitty pokemon trainer!"
    Rollie Williams

At long last the Morbus Chron album has arrived.
    I think it's really good, however, I feel it's just a bit too inconstant to be an out an out classic. To many slow sections with not enough Blasting if you ask me. But that said, when they do kick into a nice section with blast beats, it's fantastic.

I love Cynic and haven't heard the new EP, but I just have to say that "Elves Beam Out" has to be one of the most lulzy song titles I've heard. Seriously, all it makes me think of is this:

In other news, I've been getting into Iced Earth, and I have Night of the Stormrider and Burnt Offerings. Any suggestions on which of their albums I should pick up next?

Page 287 of 356 FirstFirst ... 187237277283284285286287288289290291297337 ... LastLast