Page 295 of 364 FirstFirst ... 195245285291292293294295296297298299305345 ... LastLast
Results 7,351 to 7,375 of 9077

Thread: Metalheads? anybody?

Great, just less great

Emerald Sword is pretty darn good, shame it wasn't longer than 4 minutes...
        Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I have claimed Registeel!

I finally got the new Alcest.
    I was a bit unsure after my initial listen, however it's gotten better and better with every subsequent listen.

So what do you guys think of the Guns goin' in the Hall of Fame. I say good for them, but what the f**k, Hall of Fame? What about Purple, Priest, Maiden, etc.? Before you put people like Metallica and Guns 'N Roses in, at least put the people that had and/or still have major success and inspired those and many other bands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKRTlLsXigg
    Preview of the re-recorded Valhalla from Blind Guardian. All I can say is my ****ing god they still have it. Might even like it more then what they had before. Oh and Steelwings new album released and I gotta say it needs a listen. A definite step up from what they did with Lord of the Wasteland. Can't take how they still feel like its flat lined through the entirety of the album.
    Edit: What the hell Turilli also released a new song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WGzr9s4mGM
    Can't say I'm happy bout it though. Seems like I missed a lot lately.
    Last edited by mitchman_93; 20th January 2012 at 2:54 PM.
    BLAH

Sorry for the double post, but I just realized today Memories of a Time to Come is out. Bought it instantly for all the reworked songs. One thing can describe it:

They ****ing nailed the remixes, no exceptions. Be it subtle little backround noises or full tweaks it was worth it. Crown jewel of the album for me has to be the re-recorded And then there was silence, no doubt about it. It was already the best 14 minutes they've ever recorded, but now, just damn. How anyone hated that album goes straight over my head.
    BLAH

I preferred the Live version of Valhalla to that version, and Kai's vocals don't sound up to much sadly.

Bards song didn't work for me, I feel the original arrangement suited it better and made it seem more bard like for want of a better phrase.

And then there was Silence was good, but I think I prefer the original, the rerecording just doesn't feel like it has the same energy to me.

As for the LT track, it was uploaded in 2006, so hardly new. But listening to it made me sad, as 2006 was the year Rhapsody sort of went below average in terms of their songs/albums, and I feel that would have been by far the best Rhapsody song of the last 3 albums had been included. And it's a bit annoying that he still had it in him to write such good music, but didn't.

Personally Bard indeed was the weak point. The orchestration probably killed it, cause as you said being bardy was what sold it. It felt way more like a song you'd hear in the middle ages being sung by a guy and his sitar in a musky pub when it was released way back when then it does now. As for Valhalla and ATTWS the only thing that did kill it is that somehow they made the voiced muted compared to the instruments. As for the rest of the album, its better you don't listen unless you really want Blind Guardian for listening. Still good to have demos available at a proper quality though, so its worth something.
    As for LT, damn I'm blind, I saw 2012 for some reason. XD
    Last edited by mitchman_93; 23rd January 2012 at 2:57 PM.
    BLAH

Am I the only Blind Guardian fan who doesn't like the song And Then There Was Silence?

Probably

It took a while for me to fully appreciate it, but once it clicked I loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Lathander View Post
    Are there any metalheads on the forum by any chance? Or am I a lone wanderer of our kind in these areas?
    Metal is a dying breed but I enjoy a good thrashing still every now and then! LOL

Dying Breed? This is the most popular thread in Entertainment, and has been going strong for years.

i wish there were more threads for the various genres, but i don't know where else to post that i am just getting into russian circles. i'm only on their first album but god it's phenomenal
    life is
    a game

Just got my copy of Tool - Ćnima yesterday. I never got into it back when I listened a lot to the band, but now I quite like it. Much better then I remembered.

Quote Originally Posted by KingK12 View Post
    Metal is a dying breed but I enjoy a good thrashing still every now and then! LOL
    ^Proof that you dosen't listen to metal.
    "Because if you didn't believe in evolution, you were a shitty pokemon trainer!"
    Rollie Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Just got my copy of Tool - Ćnima yesterday. I never got into it back when I listened a lot to the band, but now I quite like it. Much better then I remembered.
    i've just bid on a copy of Ćnima that has the holographic cover. i hope i get it

also yes Ćnima is awesome, Ćnema, H., Forty Six & 2, Stinkfist and Eulogy are definitely some of their best songs imo

edit: am i the only one who doesn't like deliverance by opeth? i love all their albums from my arms, your hearse onwards except that one (i do like orchid and morningrise too but i don't love them)
    Last edited by moot; 24th January 2012 at 2:43 PM.
    life is
    a game

I think deliverance is probably their worst album.

Quote Originally Posted by moot View Post
    i've just bid on a copy of Ćnima that has the holographic cover. i hope i get it

also yes Ćnima is awesome, Ćnema, H., Forty Six & 2, Stinkfist and Eulogy are definitely some of their best songs imo
    I recently heard a piano version of Stinkfist... It was the most beautiful thing I've ever heard.
    "Because if you didn't believe in evolution, you were a shitty pokemon trainer!"
    Rollie Williams

Nope, Heritage is the worst.

For me I think it's

Damnation<Heritage<My Arms, Your Hearse<Orchid<Morningrise<Still Life<Deliverence<Ghost Reveries<Blackwater Park<Waterhsed.

First you said their worst was Deliverance. Now you have Damnation as their worst? XD

BP = MAYH > SL > WS > GR > DVR > DMN > MR > O > H

My Arms, Your Hearse > Blackwater Park > Still Life > Damnation > Ghost Reveries > Heritage > Morningrise > Orchid > Deliverance

i don't have Watershed

and yes i do quite like Heritage, seeing them play some of the tracks live made me like some of them a bit better (i love the Devil's Orchard though)
    life is
    a game

Deliverance is actually my second favorite Opeth-album after Ghost Reveries.
    The title-track, A Fair Judgement, Masters Apprentices and Wreath alone makes it better then most of their other albums.

If I had to pick a worse I'd probably say Damnation. I don't think it has any bad songs, but on the contrary not many outstanding ones either, (I'd rank them all as good/great), but it's slightly one dimensional. Even Heritage offers more variety and is slightly more interesting.

Ghost Reveries doesn't click with me so well, i think the production is a little too clean, i'd much rather listen to the roundhouse tapes version of ghost of perdition
    life is
    a game

Page 295 of 364 FirstFirst ... 195245285291292293294295296297298299305345 ... LastLast