Page 296 of 364 FirstFirst ... 196246286292293294295296297298299300306346 ... LastLast
Results 7,376 to 7,400 of 9077

Thread: Metalheads? anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by QingLong View Post
    First you said their worst was Deliverance. Now you have Damnation as their worst? XD
    Damn, well spotted. I've got them confused there. Deliverence is the on I like least.

Quote Originally Posted by moot View Post
    also yes Ćnima is awesome, Ćnema, H., Forty Six & 2, Stinkfist and Eulogy are definitely some of their best songs imo
    i will agree on h., but you cannot forget songs like jimmy, third eye, pushit and the mighty intermission. for some reason eulogy really hasn't clicked with me yet.
    edit: am i the only one who doesn't like deliverance by opeth? i love all their albums from my arms, your hearse onwards except that one (i do like orchid and morningrise too but i don't love them)
    the title track on deliverance is very good, and the album in general is by no means their worst. i would probably rank them thusly;

damnation > watershed > my arms, your hearse > deliverance > morningrise > blackwater park > still life > orchid > ghost reveries > heritage

i'm not really 100% sure about anything after watershed there though.

Quote Originally Posted by otaku-dono View Post
    i will agree on h., but you cannot forget songs like jimmy, third eye, pushit and the mighty intermission. for some reason eulogy really hasn't clicked with me yet.
    i totally forgot about third eye, i love that song (seen it live twice too)
    jimmy and pushit don't do anything for me, but i love intermission
    life is
    a game

Am I the only Blind Guardian fan who doesn't like the song And Then There Was Silence?
    Yes. Best part of a Night at the Opera, one of last truly great BG albums. Hell I'm probably the only one who would put it about Nightfall, no point in asking at all.
    BLAH

I never really remember jimmy, the others are good, though. (Although Third Eye is not something I can listen to all the time...)

damnation > watershed > my arms, your hearse > deliverance > morningrise > blackwater park > still life > orchid > ghost reveries > heritage

i'm not really 100% sure about anything after watershed there though.
    Still have not listened to Heritage...

jimmy's opening riff is identical to intermission, if it helps.

heritage is not bad, but it just didn't really interest me all that much tbh. i ought to give it another listen though really.

Any of you guys heard of the Band "Dead by April" or am I the only fan on the fourms?
    Gone foREVer. Goodbye.

DeviantART | Twitter | YouTube

Got Rauhnacht's Vorweltschweigen in the post the other day, it came in a rather nice 7" digipack.

I know not many on here seem to really be into black metal, but I think a few might like it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubr3F3_z7SI

Anyone like Dance Gavin Dance, The Devil Wears Prada, I Set My Friends On Fire, Enter Shikari, Attack Attack!, or Sleeping With Sirens?
    Black FC: 0905-8396-1651
    Black 2 FC: 0734-2563-1464

LOOKING FOR THE FOLLOWING POKEMON:
    *UNTRAINED*

HAVE THE FOLLOWING FOR TRADE:
    Adamant + Jolly / Naďve / Naďve + Modest

LEGENDS:
    G1:
    G2:
    G3:
    G4:
    G5:

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerheart View Post
    Got Rauhnacht's Vorweltschweigen in the post the other day, it came in a rather nice 7" digipack.

I know not many on here seem to really be into black metal, but I think a few might like it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubr3F3_z7SI
    Yeah, it was cool, try this too:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfKaskhs-sk

Quote Originally Posted by Trickster44 View Post
    Anyone like Dance Gavin Dance, The Devil Wears Prada, I Set My Friends On Fire, Enter Shikari, Attack Attack!, or Sleeping With Sirens?
    I love Attack Attack! and the Devil Wears Prada!
    Gone foREVer. Goodbye.

DeviantART | Twitter | YouTube

I don't know if I'm too late or too early for this topic (and please excuse me if this has been posted already) but ...
    maybe a week and a half until Grammy's!

basically a bunch of American guys who know little about music probably and are extremely biased are choosing who wins so... not always the best song/band/artist will win

For best hard rock/metal performance who do guys thinks gonna win?
    for those who aren't aware, the nominees are
    -Sum 41 - blood in my eyes
    -Mastodon - curl of the burl
    -Megadeth - public enemy no 1
    -Dream Theater - on the backs of angels
    -Foo Fighers - white limo

is it kinda obvious?..... MASTODON FTW!!!!
    Last edited by Purple_Tangrowth; 1st February 2012 at 5:42 AM.

odds of the people in charge of the grammies knowing anything about metal: 1% being really optimistic.

Everytime there's an award-ceremony, even if it's the grammies or the academy awards (aka oscars), they always seem to go to the most popular, so there's rarely surprises. I would probably guess Foo Fighters, but maybe Megadeth or Mastodon behind.

oh here guys have some good proggy deathy folk metal, i'm enjoying them. honestly so far this year has been great.

Yeah, it was cool, try this too:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfKaskhs-sk
    I keep meaning to check them out. For a while Mark from Winterfylleth had a Helrunar patch on the sleeve of his regular coat. Listening to it now it's bad, but it's lacking a certain je ne sais quoi. It's a bit too clinical sounding. Would I be right in thinking they're either German or Swedish?

Quote Originally Posted by Purple_Tangrowth View Post
    I don't know if I'm too late or too early for this topic (and please excuse me if this has been posted already) but ...
    maybe a week and a half until Grammy's!

basically a bunch of American guys who know little about music probably and are extremely biased are choosing who wins so... not always the best song/band/artist will win

For best hard rock/metal performance who do guys thinks gonna win?
    for those who aren't aware, the nominees are
    -Sum 41 - blood in my eyes
    -Mastodon - curl of the burl
    -Megadeth - public enemy no 1
    -Dream Theater - on the backs of angels
    -Foo Fighers - white limo

is it kinda obvious?..... MASTODON FTW!!!!
    Sum 41 are still going? Well I never. Not heard anything by them since does this look infected. They used to be a decent band in hindsight, definitely evocative of late primary school, early highschool.

of the one's nomintaed I'd give it to dream theater, and to be honest I didn't think that album was all that great.

oh here guys have some good proggy deathy folk metal, i'm enjoying them. honestly so far this year has been great.
    Not sure if I like them. The folk elements are nice enough, but the chuggy riffs and proggy bit aren't grabbing me.

Periphery, also Opeth
    so do you guys like djent?
    Charles Mingus is my jazz bishie

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Everytime there's an award-ceremony, even if it's the grammies or the academy awards (aka oscars), they always seem to go to the most popular, so there's rarely surprises. I would probably guess Foo Fighters, but maybe Megadeth or Mastodon behind.
    Megadeth would be nice. If this were something from Endgame...

Quote Originally Posted by OokOokOok View Post
    Somewhat. I don't think everyone here knows what djent is, though. Why don't you describe it for us?

I enjoy Djent, though I'm not much of an expert on the area. I listen to Periphery and Cloudkicker for example (his earlier stuff, The Discovery) and it's pretty awesome.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Djent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB75rvrv5YA <-- guitars like in that song is generally the whole deal with "djent".

Djent isn't something I have a lot of time for. I appreciate the intracity that goes into it when it's done well, but it's not my cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by OokOokOok View Post
    djent is quite good. i'm a fan of tesseract, and obviously meshuggah, but i haven't really delved into the genre a whole lot tbh. i have some other stuff like entrosolet and vildhjarta as well. the genre is something i am definitely into, but there just doesn't seem to be a whole lot of djent out there, or it's too underground to even be able to tell if the band has any releases or not.

I recently got hold of Threshold's Dead Reckoning. This was my first experience with the band that I can think of off-hand. I'm actually very impressed with this. I mean, to be fair, I've loved prog metal for some time, but this is just... quite impressive, really. I highly recommend that any fans of the genre give it at least one listen, if given the opportunity.

I haven't listened to them for quite a while, but I seem to remember them being decent enough.

Lord Winds new album arrived yesterday, and whilst not metal as such, is still a fantastic album.

Storm Corrosion's debut will come out on April 23rd according to their facebook page. The album probably wont be metal, but seeing as many people here still will be interested in it, due to loving Mikael Ĺkerfeldt's and/or Steven Wilson's work, it's worth a mention. I'm pretty excited about it to be honest, two of my favorite musicians collaborating, can't be anything less then awesome.

new orange goblin is amazing.

i don't think i've plugged dissona here yet either.

Page 296 of 364 FirstFirst ... 196246286292293294295296297298299300306346 ... LastLast