Page 298 of 363 FirstFirst ... 198248288294295296297298299300301302308348 ... LastLast
Results 7,426 to 7,450 of 9067

Thread: Metalheads? anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by Trickster44 View Post
    Yeah, I know. Compared to Someday Came Suddenly, and the others, respectively, This Means War just sounds horrible. The new vocals aren't as great as the vocals in SCS...
    Agreed. I like SCS and their self titled album the best but TMW just sounds pitiful.
    Gone foREVer. Goodbye.

DeviantART | Twitter | YouTube

Meshuggah - Break Those Bones Whose Sinews Give It Motion

I'm not really too sure about how I feel about this track, it seems somewhat akin to the tracks off of Catch Thirty-Three, but a bit slower. Maybe after a few more listens it'll grow on me...

I'm yet to hear a mehsuggah (intentional typo) I like, this is doing little to change that.

the tempo of that meshuggah track really threw me off, but it's still pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by 11tjcoulombe View Post
    Meshuggah - Break Those Bones Whose Sinews Give It Motion

I'm not really too sure about how I feel about this track, it seems somewhat akin to the tracks off of Catch Thirty-Three, but a bit slower. Maybe after a few more listens it'll grow on me...
    It was pretty decent, I think.
    Gone foREVer. Goodbye.

I'm guessing you haven't had much exposure to bands like that, however. Would I be correct?

I like to consider myself a metalhead c:
    Bullet For My Valentine anyone?
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/aakjls.png[/IMG]

Eh. The Poison wasn't that bad, however, since then they've gotten progressively worse.

Correct. I am sort of new in the metal world. I have been listening to metal for a little over a year and a half. A bunch of the bands you guys talk about on this forum I have no idea who they are.

Oh and MyLackThereOf, I am a pretty big BFMV fan myself. The poison has to be their best album.
    Gone foREVer. Goodbye.

I didn't mind the Poison as such, but I always considered them a sub par trivium at the time.

Pretty much, although Trivium isn't as good as they used to be either.

I haven't heard the latest Trivium album, but The Crusade is the only "slightly weaker" album out of their first four albums as I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaren View Post
    Best song on the album imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Best song on the album imo.
    I agree. The ending is so.... beautiful... ;(

Don't get the BTBAM fuss. It's not bad, but I just don't dig it.

As for Trivium, I really like Ember to Inferno and The Crusade, but Shogun and Ascendency I don't really care for. Not bothered with the new one yet.

Last night I got a ticket to see Primordial, Hell and Winterfylleth in Manchester. All 3 bands who have been incredible live when I've seen them before.

And I'm going seeing Ministry with a mate who had a spare ticket, even though I'm not a fan in that I listen to them regularly, I imagine they'd be great live.

i really only like colors, i don't like the s/t and the silent circus, and i'm not really sure how i feel about alaska. the great misdirect isn't bad either.

new panopticon album should be out sometime soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerheart View Post

As for Trivium, I really like Ember to Inferno and The Crusade, but Shogun and Ascendency I don't really care for. Not bothered with the new one yet.
    Between the Buried and Me took a while for me to click. I guess the vocals were the hardest part for me to get used to, and I was even a big Opeth fan back then, so it wasn't just the harsh part. I just love their sound, while it can be very fast and aggressive, the melodic parts are really catchy and works beautifully at holding the songs together. I haven't really gotten into their self-titled or The Silent Circus yet, but the rest is awesome. Colors is their best, after that I would say Alaska and The Great Misdirect are tied for second spot.

As for Trivium, Ascendancy is my favorite by far. All songs on that album are pretty kickass. Shogun comes in close second, then a small gap to Ember to Inferno, then another gap to The Crusade.

So, the new Les Discrets album is indeed pretty good. I think I'm going to write a wee review which I'll post here after.

Big fan of metal music. Metallica and Megadeth are some of my favourite bands along with some other ones.

Not everyone needs a beast connection to beast a CoD

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerheart View Post

Last night I got a ticket to see Primordial, Hell and Winterfylleth in Manchester. All 3 bands who have been incredible live when I've seen them before.

And I'm going seeing Ministry with a mate who had a spare ticket, even though I'm not a fan in that I listen to them regularly, I imagine they'd be great live.
    Quote Originally Posted by otaku-dono View Post
    i really only like colors, i don't like the s/t and the silent circus, and i'm not really sure how i feel about alaska. the great misdirect isn't bad either.

new panopticon album should be out sometime soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Between the Buried and Me took a while for me to click. I guess the vocals were the hardest part for me to get used to, and I was even a big Opeth fan back then, so it wasn't just the harsh part. I just love their sound, while it can be very fast and aggressive, the melodic parts are really catchy and works beautifully at holding the songs together. I haven't really gotten into their self-titled or The Silent Circus yet, but the rest is awesome. Colors is their best, after that I would say Alaska and The Great Misdirect are tied for second spot.

As for Trivium, Ascendancy is my favorite by far. All songs on that album are pretty kickass. Shogun comes in close second, then a small gap to Ember to Inferno, then another gap to The Crusade.
    for me, Alaska and Colors were their only ones that i really liked, although i do like their new EP that came out last year quite a bit, or at least, i like the track Specular Reflection.

As for Trivium, Ascendancy is easily my favorite, with Shogun coming in second. Their debut wasn't horrible, but I never really listen to it, and The Crusade only has a few decent songs to me. I haven't really listened to their newest album, so i can't really judge it, although the song In Waves seemed pretty decent, similar to the songs off of Shogun.

You should give their debut another listen, some of their best songs are on it such as Fugue , Pillars of Serpands, Ember to Inferno, Falling to Grey

i seem to recall my favorite track on the album as Requiem

I forgot that one, but I think of all of them Fugue (A Revelation) is my favourite. For the chorus I think more than anything.

Page 298 of 363 FirstFirst ... 198248288294295296297298299300301302308348 ... LastLast