Page 307 of 363 FirstFirst ... 207257297303304305306307308309310311317357 ... LastLast
Results 7,651 to 7,675 of 9065

Thread: Metalheads? anybody?

Fair enough. I know a few people who have seemingly gone of music lately.
    Have you heard the new Alcest? I seem to recall you were a fan of them?

I heard the teaser song they released and loved it. Haven't get the album yet. It's about the only other thing I've been interested in this year.

You're my wife now!

I think it's good. It seems to be a bit hit and miss with people I know. Generally people who think they're a black metal band and haven't heard Souvenirs D'un Autre Monde don't like them, but I find most who do know that album quite like the new one. I really rate it myself, aswell as the new Les Discrets which is a bit less immediate and needs a few listens to warm to I (and a handful of friends who I told to persevere with it) found.

I've been listening to Dir En Grey a lot this last week, not sure if there are any more fans here. Uroboros is fantastic, and Kyo is arguably the sickest vocalist in metal. (I dare you to find someone with more range)

Quote Originally Posted by Burning Shed
    The following items have been sent:

1 x Anathema - Weather Systems (limited edition CD/DVD-V in digibook preorder)
    yessssssss
    life is
    a game

Got the same mail this morning.

I too got that message

did i mention how good the album is?

soooo keeeeeeen
    life is
    a game

It's pretty good. I don't think it's as good as WHBWH, but definitely a solid follow-up.

To be fair though, when you release an album like We're Here, your never going to have an easy time topping it.

Yeah, and considering it took them 7 years to make it. Weather Systems is after all 3-4 leftover songs that didn't make it to WHBWH, so that explains something.

Finally got around to ordering the latest Alcest album. Looking forward to it.

You're my wife now!

Good man.

Ea's new self titled album arrived in the post this morning. They are a Russian funeral doom band, and the album features a single 47 and a half minute track, but it's very good and well worth a listen for anyone who's into funeral doom. There's some very nice elements, especially the choral section that enters around the 8/9 minute point. It seems to take a lot of the best elements of the genre ad throw them into one monolith of a track.

does anyone in here listen to sunn o)))?
    i've got ŘŘ void (found the japanese edition in a shop aw yeah) and it's pretty cool but do all their albums sound exactly the same? i can't exactly imagine doom drone sounding any different from NN O)))
    life is
    a game

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerheart View Post
    Good man.

Ea's new self titled album arrived in the post this morning. They are a Russian funeral doom band, and the album features a single 47 and a half minute track, but it's very good and well worth a listen for anyone who's into funeral doom. There's some very nice elements, especially the choral section that enters around the 8/9 minute point. It seems to take a lot of the best elements of the genre ad throw them into one monolith of a track.
    Funnily enough, I just downloaded this a few hours ago. I've yet to listen, although I'm looking forward to it.

Weather Systems arrived this morning, and good god it's good. I'm on my third listen, but really it's my first as I was somewhat preoccupied with my girlfriend if you catch my drift
    Still, initial impressions are very good indeed. Feels like a nice balance between Were Here and Falling Deeper.

i got back from seeing Exhumed/Cannibal Copse yesterday, with Abysmal Dawn and Arkaik.

first two bands were okay, they put on a decent show but the acoustics of the place were shitty in the first place which made the already few and far between riffs hard to hear. the guys themselves put on a good show. but tech death isn't much my thing. i had the typical problem with them i have with most tech death, too much guitar noodling without enough riffs and the drum sound was real shitty and triggered.

then Exhumed came out and ****ing WRECKED. one of the best shows i've been to so far. it was about a 10 song set, from stuff all around their discography, from demo stuff to stuff off the new album. i wish it was a bit longer but since they were an opener i can't complain, that's longer than normal. only complaint about it is that i didn't get the fake blood on me.

i left after the first few Corpse songs because my ride was having car troubles and i don't trust cabs, but they seemed alright. i probably would have gotten into it more if i had heard something from Eaten Back To Life before i left.

also new Saint Vitus has leaked for anyone following 2012 stuff.

I'm still gutted I missed Exhumed when they played Manchester.

There's a new Thunderkraft album out, god knows what genre I'd call it, but it's certainly interesting.

Got my copies of Weather Systems & Love and Endings today. Kscope are awesome.

kscope really is the best. i was so pissed when i missed out on their porcupine tree transmission IV ebay listing by Ł2. friggin ninja bidders
    i still haven't gotten weather systems but i'm hoping it gets here by friday

so no one listens to sunn o)))?
    life is
    a game

i've put off Nokturnal Mortum for a very long time due to not liking any other folk metal at all really, aside from gimmicky bands like Swashbuckle and Alestorm, and i do admittedly have a soft spot for a few Eluveitie tracks. kind of sad that i did, The Voice of Steel seems pretty solid.

also i cannot stress how good Acid Bath are. i know some people think they straddle too close to the whole 90's alternative/nu/grunge/whatever for most people but they're so good.

i want to post "Finger Paintings of the Insane" or something else off When the Kite String Pops but it's not nearly as accessible as Paegan Terrorism Tactics
    Quote Originally Posted by moot View Post
    does anyone in here listen to sunn o)))?
    i've got ŘŘ void (found the japanese edition in a shop aw yeah) and it's pretty cool but do all their albums sound exactly the same? i can't exactly imagine doom drone sounding any different from NN O)))
    most Sunn releases are pretty similar from my limited experience.

they're okay i guess, decent when i feel like having background music when i'm just laying around not doing anything but i don't return to them very often.

Altar is a pretty nice release, but pretty much everyone will tell you to go to Monoliths & Dimensions next. but i think Altar (and again i'm speaking from limited experience) seems a bit more dynamic to me.

if you don't already have any i personally stick to Jesu for drone, but you probably already like them, judging from your other posts. but i don't like drone much, so.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Tyrant View Post
    most Sunn releases are pretty similar from my limited experience.

they're okay i guess, decent when i feel like having background music when i'm just laying around not doing anything but i don't return to them very often.

Altar is a pretty nice release, but pretty much everyone will tell you to go to Monoliths & Dimensions next. but i think Altar (and again i'm speaking from limited experience) seems a bit more dynamic to me.

if you don't already have any i personally stick to Jesu for drone, but you probably already like them, judging from your other posts. but i don't like drone much, so.
    i've got altar too, i didn't mention that because it feels like boris dominate that collab, and yeah i might go to monoliths & dimensions...
    try this, it's my favourite boris song (besides the 40+ minute ones) and pretty droney:

life is
    a game

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Tyrant View Post
    i've put off Nokturnal Mortum for a very long time due to not liking any other folk metal at all really, aside from gimmicky bands like Swashbuckle and Alestorm, and i do admittedly have a soft spot for a few Eluveitie tracks. kind of sad that i did, The Voice of Steel seems pretty solid.
    It's certainly one of my favourite albums. Валькирия (Valkyrie) and Україна (Ukraine) are some of the finest metal track ever composed in my opinion. If your after trying some folk metal again, give Темнозорь (Temnozor), Крода (Kroda) and Viter a listen.

Page 307 of 363 FirstFirst ... 207257297303304305306307308309310311317357 ... LastLast