Page 316 of 364 FirstFirst ... 216266306312313314315316317318319320326 ... LastLast
Results 7,876 to 7,900 of 9077

Thread: Metalheads? anybody?

of course not, i'm just that kvlt.

well, maybe a little bit.

only Lee Dorrian's doom dance can compete.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilyn View Post
    if it was snowing right now i'd go out and take a picture of myself in the forest with my vinyl-yellow Bathory s/t shirt to absolutely obliterate you with my kvltness.

alas, michigan does not have very grim or frostbitten summers.

also Call of the Wintermoon has nothing on this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3uvf0cn0jo (opening isn't that ridiculous, wait about 1:30)
    needs more corpse paint

also yes that video is amazing so far but i think i still prefer call of the wintermoon because ****ING WIZARD HAT

corpse paint is pretty lame compared to gas masks:
    http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/50...yan+Frster.jpg
    http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/50...+y+Lamento.jpg

unless you're Profantica. i'd post the picture in question but it has dicks so i don't think sppf would appreciate that. but i think it's their last.fm profile pic.

i'm tempted to dig up the photo of Carpathian Forest's vocalist where he's naked and has a tattoo pointing to his *** that says "sodomized by satan" as well (which is only better due to his girth).

oh black metal, so many funnies to be had.

i admit i have been kinda tempted to put on corpse paint just for a laugh, but i think i'd need a bathory shirt or else it won't be the same.

speaking of which, there were these two thirteen year olds at the Cannibal Corpse show wearing corpse paint.

at first i thought they were being ironic, then i realized the scowling and whole thing was totally serious. it was pretty hilarious because one was wearing an In Flames shirt too.

not the funniest thing i've seen at a metal show (not really even remotely strange), but at the moment it was amusing.
    Last edited by Evilyn; 19th May 2012 at 2:19 AM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlzCI...feature=relmfu Take a listen to my one man band? Going to record another track soon, Depressive Black Metal.

EDIT: I'm not Norwegian, Frosset Skygge is only the "band" name.

Pokemon games I own:
    PokemonBlue (2 copies)
    Pokemon Silver
    Pokemon Emerald
    Pokemon Fire Red
    Pokemon Leaf Green
    Pokemon Pearl
    Pokemon White
    Pokemon Black 2
    Pokemon Y

seemed alright, just needed some nice vocals with it. very kvlt production techniques.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead9838772 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlzCI...feature=relmfu Take a listen to my one man band? Going to record another track soon, Depressive Black Metal.

EDIT: I'm not Norwegian, Frosset Skygge is only the "band" name.
    The artwork reminded my of Enslaved Yggdrasill demo a little.
    Musically it's not bad. I like your drum sound, are they live or sequenced?

My only issue is it's crying out to go somewhere, I thought something was coming around 2:50, but it fizzled out before it got going. A good solid blast beat wouldn't have gone a miss, if for nothing else for some added intensity.

I think it has potential is the best I can say about it. You obviously have talent, and you know the sort of sound you want, but you need a little more work yet.

awwwwwwww shit

i know it's not metal but ,,|,, i do what i want
    life is
    a game

overrated

edit: not sure if it's been posted, but in mourning is fantastic. fans of opeth should probably check it out.
    Last edited by palingensia; 21st May 2012 at 9:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by palingensia View Post
    overrated

edit: not sure if it's been posted, but in mourning is fantastic. fans of opeth should probably check it out.
    Animals was a better album, in my opinion. Probably because I've heard every song from Dark Side of the Moon on the radio more times than I have brain cells. Also big, structurally-complex songs like "Dogs" excite me more than "Us and Them," to compare what are probably my favorites from the two albums. (And besides, every album that a professional critic might call the best at anything is probably overrated. Except maybe Rain Dogs, but even that, too, because it's more of a great emotional experience than a great musical one, if you know what I mean.)

Also, what you showed me of In Mourning was pretty cool.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Been listening to a lot of Mike Patton's stuff lately, Mr. Bungle and Faith No More - awesome stuff. Such a talented singer, and he's climbing fast among my favorites.

I don't think Dark Side is that over rated, yeah they have better (incidentally I was also going to suggest Animals) but I still think it's a fantastic record.
    741 weeks in the Bilboard 200 is impressive too.

I went watching Amon Tobin on Saturday. Whilst not metal, I felt it worth mentioning purely for how good his stage show was.

Oh, don't get me wrong. It's a very good, very listenable album still, but I personally get more enjoyment out of other albums. So, it's overrated in that sense, that it's decidedly not the obvious best of their career as some critics choose to treat it (and, like I said, part of it maaaay just be due to it being played, literally-ish, to death). But indeed, an impressive span of time on the charts.

Speaking of Animals, though, I should check if I still have this on my external -- I'm pretty sure there's a version of the two "Pigs on the Wing"s that are connected together (the end of 2 to the start of 1) from the 8-track. I should see if I still have that.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

dsotm is still pretty good but it is horribly overrated. i am infinitely glad that most people i know agree with me that animals is their best. the outro of sheep is just the best thing. i still don't know why so many people hate on a momentary lapse of reason though, that album is SO good.

MLOR isn't their finest, but is certainly a solid album that's much better than anything a lot of other bands have put out. On The Turning Away ranks amongst my favourite Floyd tracks.

learning to fly, on the turning away, terminal frost, sorrow... people even rank it lower than the final cut ffs. :/

Quote Originally Posted by palingensia View Post
    i still don't know why so many people hate on a momentary lapse of reason though, that album is SO good.
    because sounds like generic 80s rock for the most part
    i like the division bell more than a momentary lapse of reason

anyway i pretty much posted the photo to show off the kickin' rad poster (animals is my favourite PF album too)
    life is
    a game

No love for the wall in here? I do like Animals, Sheep being the stand-out of the album, but The Wall is definitely their highlight album. Also, even though Metallica is pretty much in my past for now, they were amazing couple of weeks ago in Prague:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxNFDHCKLSg
    Sure I'm pretty late on this, but the hate for them all the time is a bit silly. That line up is great, and beginning it with Hit the Lights is perfect. God I hope I make it to one of their concerts some day.
    Last edited by mitchman_93; 21st May 2012 at 2:45 PM.
    BLAH

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    No love for the wall in here?
    don't think it's their best but i do love it
    saw it in feb:
    life is
    a game

I've never gotten into Pink Floyd. I would probably enjoy them if I really took the time and pushed through all the albums, but currently I already have way too much music on my hands, and it's a massive project to embark on. I would probably say that the vocals have been the biggest turn off so far, to me they sound kinda "dull", and ever since I saw someone comment on how every PF-song starts with 2 minutes of silence, I can't listen to them without thinking about that. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I've never gotten into Pink Floyd. I would probably enjoy them if I really took the time and pushed through all the albums, but currently I already have way too much music on my hands, and it's a massive project to embark on. I would probably say that the vocals have been the biggest turn off so far, to me they sound kinda "dull", and ever since I saw someone comment on how every PF-song starts with 2 minutes of silence, I can't listen to them without thinking about that. Haha.
    this is my favourite floyd song at the moment:

also echoes
    life is
    a game

Huge metal fan right here. I usually listen to it while playing non-Pokemon games

so i just found out Unleashed have a new one out. need to get around to that, eventually.

Asphyx's DVD is cool btw. i don't think anyone here likes them but me but it's very highly recommended for fans. 2 hours of live footage + 1 hour of interviews showing you all of the band's background + 30 minutes of bootleg type ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by king_dratini_sodium_1995 View Post
    so much kvlt itt
    not enough kvlt, too much pink floyd
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiro136 View Post
    Huge metal fan right here. I usually listen to it while playing non-Pokemon games
    name yer favourite bands, son.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    listen to sheep it's the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by king_dratini_sodium_1995 View Post
    so much kvlt itt
    oh yeah man we sodomize people in the name of satan all the time

Page 316 of 364 FirstFirst ... 216266306312313314315316317318319320326 ... LastLast