Page 349 of 364 FirstFirst ... 249299339345346347348349350351352353359 ... LastLast
Results 8,701 to 8,725 of 9077

Thread: Metalheads? anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by skwid79 View Post
    gothic, grind, crust, powerviolence
    this genre thing is getting out of hand
    life is
    a game

Quote Originally Posted by skwid79 View Post
    If were talking real metal oh yes, I love real metal my favorite band being toxic holocaust and I like just about any real form of metal like black, death, doom , sludge, thrash,speed,gothic, grind and questionably metal genres like crust and powerviolence.
    Did you ever listen to Joel Grinds The Yellowgoat Sessions? I didn't my self, but I was certainly curious hearing it was basically Bathory worship.

edit: The new Graveland album Thunderbolts of the Gods is out. So far so good, just nothing spectacular.
    Last edited by Hammerheart; 9th July 2013 at 11:44 PM.

Anyone ever heard of Blood and Thunder?
    They're epic melodeath. Anyways they seem quite promising. Debut was this spring. Could only find a full album video..

Kvelertak are a pretty cool band and I'm going to listen to all of their stuff
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

^ yes. Their first album is really fun but not so much of a fan of Meir

New Gris album out. Il Etait un Foret was amazing. Here's my favourite song from the new album atm
    Last edited by Purple_Tangrowth; 14th July 2013 at 7:29 PM.

I'm sure you've all heard, but I guess it's a valid story to bump the thread. Varg has been arrested in France.

As for Gris, I never cared for the last album, but that track was quite promising.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerheart View Post
    Varg has been arrested in France.
    good, he sounds like a psychopath
    life is
    a game

It's good he's been arrested? Because his wife legally purchased 4 guns (they live on a farm), and he received a copy of Breivik's manifesto, something he publicly condemned?

Better to be safe than sorry? Haha. Music aside, Varg has pretty much always been a nutcase imo.

It's good he's been arrested? Because his wife legally purchased 4 guns (they live on a farm), and he received a copy of Breivik's manifesto, something he publicly condemned?
    Doesn't help the stereotype does it of metal artists. Varg though seems to take everything up to 11 with the stuff he does.

Also any Gwar fans on here?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Better to be safe than sorry? Haha. Music aside, Varg has pretty much always been a nutcase imo.
    Nut case or not, if you're suggesting a sort of dystopian, totalitarian society where people are arrested 'just in case' they may commit a crime in future, and are guilty until proven innocent, then I want no part of that.

i just don't like the idea of trusting a literal murderer/arsonist/neo nazi with guns. like yeah he hasn't done anything with them yet but it's probably not a bad idea for them to apprehend him so they can be confident he won't do anything
    life is
    a game

A murderer - true, but it wasn't premeditated, nor did it involve guns.
    Arsonist - not sure what this has to do with guns.
    Neo-Nazi - I think it's a quite strong term, sure he has certain racial based opinions shall we call them, but given I've never read anything (this isn't to say it doesn't exist) that he praises the third reich of fuhrer in, as Nazi referrers specifically to the NSDAP. But again, having an opinion doesn't mean you shouldn't be trusted with a gun. Do you take guns of everyone who has a prejudice just in case they shoot someone? Personally I think gun ownership is a bigger issue, I don't see the need myself, but when they've been purchased legally by his wife, and are relevant to his lifestyle, then I don't see why it's a problem.

Where do you draw the line, can we arrest men because they might sexually assault a woman, and by you're logic prevent it before it happens? Or arrest someone for having the potential to sell drugs? Surely the law is innocent until proven guilty. I think you should only be arrested if there's a crime committed, or you have hard evidence to support your concern that a crime will be committed. In this case 'his wife bought some guns, and a guy he later labelled a nutjob sent him an email' is about the long and short of it. Hardly seems an arrestable offence to me.

A murderer - true, but it wasn't premeditated, nor did it involve guns.
    Arsonist - not sure what this has to do with guns.
    Neo-Nazi - I think it's a quite strong term, sure he has certain racial based opinions shall we call them, but given I've never read anything (this isn't to say it doesn't exist) that he praises the third reich of fuhrer in, as Nazi referrers specifically to the NSDAP. But again, having an opinion doesn't mean you shouldn't be trusted with a gun. Do you take guns of everyone who has a prejudice just in case they shoot someone? Personally I think gun ownership is a bigger issue, I don't see the need myself, but when they've been purchased legally by his wife, and are relevant to his lifestyle, then I don't see why it's a problem.

Where do you draw the line, can we arrest men because they might sexually assault a woman, and by you're logic prevent it before it happens? Or arrest someone for having the potential to sell drugs? Surely the law is innocent until proven guilty. I think you should only be arrested if there's a crime committed, or you have hard evidence to support your concern that a crime will be committed. In this case 'his wife bought some guns, and a guy he later labelled a nutjob sent him an email' is about the long and short of it. Hardly seems an arrestable offence to me.
    I'm not sure about not being premeditated a lot of people in the black metal scene didn't believe his story of just going there to sort out a contract. The guy he killed was meant to be planning to kill Varg and he heard bout this so you gotta question why he went there in the first place if he knew he was being set up.

An arsonist is still dangerous he did set fire to churches could you imagine how bad it would of been if someone was inside and when he was arrested over the murder he was meant to have explosives and over 3000 rounds at his house and was planning something big before being caught.

And wasn't he meant to of made friends with Neo-Nazis in prison who after getting out tried to free him. Even if he isn't one he still friends with them, that doesn't really help him at all.

His history does show even if he wasn't planning anything its better to be on the safe side than be sorry and you can't blame the police when you're dealing with someone like Varg.

he hasn't been sentenced or anything, he was just arrested. it is literally a cautionary measure and that is a good thing given his history.

on that note though, are burzum's ambient albums any good? i might check them out
    life is
    a game

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmareisalive View Post
    I'm not sure about not being premeditated a lot of people in the black metal scene didn't believe his story of just going there to sort out a contract. The guy he killed was meant to be planning to kill Varg and he heard bout this so you gotta question why he went there in the first place if he knew he was being set up.
    If it was planned, why leave you're weapon in the car, and why get into a fight at the door? It doesn't make sense. You'd make sure you were in the apartment before attacking. And then make sure you killed him there and locked him in if possible. Someone lying in their underpants at the bottom of the stairs with 17 stab wounds attracts a hell of a lot of attention and is no way to leave a murder victim, it's irrational. I think had he planned it, someone would have found Euronymous in his apartment days later.

However, if we're using logic, he killed Euronymous with a knife, therefore do you think it's fair to arrest him for owning kitchen knifes, cutlery knifes, and butter knifes? After all he has a conviction for murdering someone with a knife.

The other issue is that everyone is supposed to be equal in the eyes of the law, past crimes aren't supposed to factor into a current charge. Thats why the scales of justice are the symbol of the courts as everything is balanced and fair.

An arsonist is still dangerous he did set fire to churches could you imagine how bad it would of been if someone was inside and when he was arrested over the murder he was meant to have explosives and over 3000 rounds at his house and was planning something big before being caught.
    I'm not sure, I'd have to read up on that, it's been a while since I last read his writings. (now I think about it it was probably 7 years ago in High School (That's UK high school, I'm 22 now, so I was 15 at the time))

And wasn't he meant to of made friends with Neo-Nazis in prison who after getting out tried to free him. Even if he isn't one he still friends with them, that doesn't really help him at all.
    Again, I'm not sure. But I don't see how your opinions directly correlate to threat with a weapon.

His history does show even if he wasn't planning anything its better to be on the safe side than be sorry and you can't blame the police when you're dealing with someone like Varg.
    Personally I think you're on very shaky ground when the legal system is guilty until proven innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by moot View Post
    he hasn't been sentenced or anything, he was just arrested. it is literally a cautionary measure and that is a good thing given his history.

on that note though, are burzum's ambient albums any good? i might check them out
    Last I read "Officials say questioning of the suspect did not bring to light any evidence of a terrorist plot." But instead wil have to answer to charges of something to with racial hatred based on his on-line writings.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-23362718

Though this smacks of censoring freedom of speech, something I'm not comfortable with. In the words of Evelyn Beatrice Hall "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

As for the ambient stuff, I heard Dauđi Baldrs and was not impressed. However I know a few people who rate Hliđskjálf quite highly.
    However if you want some Ambient from a black metal musician you seriously need to listen to Ildjarn's album Hardangervidda. It's beautiful.

However if you want some Ambient from a black metal musician you seriously need to listen to Ildjarn's album Hardangervidda. It's beautiful.
    i will do this thing
    life is
    a game

You won't regret it. Be sure to post in here when you get round to it, let me know what you think.

i am 3 tracks into it now, it's not really what i was expecting. i prefer ambient music that's soundscape-y as opposed to just being chill electric piano tunes. it's not really my kinda deal so far. is it like this the whole way through?

this is more my kind of ambient jam

e: and this

e2: ok it is over, that wasn't so great but it also didn't feel like a waste of an hour so
    Last edited by moot; 19th July 2013 at 3:54 PM.
    life is
    a game

If it was planned, why leave you're weapon in the car, and why get into a fight at the door? It doesn't make sense. You'd make sure you were in the apartment before attacking. And then make sure you killed him there and locked him in if possible. Someone lying in their underpants at the bottom of the stairs with 17 stab wounds attracts a hell of a lot of attention and is no way to leave a murder victim, it's irrational. I think had he planned it, someone would have found Euronymous in his apartment days later.

However, if we're using logic, he killed Euronymous with a knife, therefore do you think it's fair to arrest him for owning kitchen knifes, cutlery knifes, and butter knifes? After all he has a conviction for murdering someone with a knife.

The other issue is that everyone is supposed to be equal in the eyes of the law, past crimes aren't supposed to factor into a current charge. Thats why the scales of justice are the symbol of the courts as everything is balanced and fair.

I'm not sure, I'd have to read up on that, it's been a while since I last read his writings. (now I think about it it was probably 7 years ago in High School (That's UK high school, I'm 22 now, so I was 15 at the time))

Again, I'm not sure. But I don't see how your opinions directly correlate to threat with a weapon.

Personally I think you're on very shaky ground when the legal system is guilty until proven innocent.
    Actually I just read an issue of Metal Hammer where they interview Varg and he talks about what happened. "My plan was to beat the s*** out of him, so to speak, but when he tried to get hold a knife things took a more dramatic turn, I know I could have done things differently, but I don't think the end result was too bad". So you're right it wasn't premeditated he does say though he knew Euronymous planned to murder him so you got to think he probably knew if worst came to worst one of them would be dead.

When he was arrested for Euronmymous murder he was also convicted for burning four churches also his house was meant to have some explosives at the time and was meant to be planning something big according to sources. Though he has denied burning of some churches.

With the Neo Nazi thing I didn't mean how it meant he had a happen but rather saying that he was friends with some which could explain why some people call him a Neo Nazi. Also the issue of Metal Hammer he wasn't interviewed in he did seem to have some comments which could be seen as racist.

I think the reason why the french arrested him was on very shaky ground it seemed they aren't willing to take risks with him no matter what rights are forgotten.

Ever since his last terrorizer ineterview where he said he was taken out of context, and later posted the whole interview on-line in it's full context, I've been less trusting of uk mainstream metal press.

Ever since his last terrorizer ineterview where he said he was taken out of context, and later posted the whole interview on-line in it's full context, I've been less trusting of uk mainstream metal press.
    When was that? Also is there any link to it? I'm interested in reading up on it.

http://www.burzum.org/eng/library/20...rrorizer.shtml

this is the interview in full. I think I've since thrown away that issue last time I had a clear out, so I can't really say how different it is from what was printed.

Well the issue of Metal Hammer dealt more on the topic of the murder, his thoughts of the current black metal scene. I don't think they could of used the link you showed me as a base of their interview or if they did they didn't mention nearly anywhere as much of his views on other races.

Probably their least metal album but the new Karnivool album is ****ing magnificant. Idk if the stream on their website's still up but I highly recommend you check it out

Page 349 of 364 FirstFirst ... 249299339345346347348349350351352353359 ... LastLast