Page 51 of 363 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 9065

Thread: Metalheads? anybody?

Aman Amarths Twighlight of the thundergod has leaked. has anyone else heard it?

i think its realy good, previous albums for me have been ok, i can listen to them, but i wouldnt rave over it, but i think this is a realy good solid metal album. its not groundbrakingly new or the best metal album, i feel its a consistantly good album.

i got hold of amon amarth's new album yesterday as well. yet to give it a listen, but i have better things to listen to and read.
    slipknot's new album has also been put on the back burner, due to my recent industrial and drone binge.

Well, its official, Into Eternity's new album The Incurable Tragedy absolutely shits all over The Scattering of Ashes. This is a return to the unique Into Eternity sound, TSOA blended into the background too much, it wasn't ground breaking in the slightest but The Incurable Tragedy sort of pays homage to the bands past sound but shows some change in the vocals I think, but the instrumental is sweet and this album sees the return of the catchy choruses luckily. I'm onto my second listen of the album at the moment and so far I'd say Tides of Blood is my favourite, so yeah whoever it was that said this is a good Into Eternity album, you were right.

Oh and I also managed to get my hands on an original release of Amorphis's The Karelian Isthmus, for only Ł3.50, second hand but in almost perfect condition. Getting Jess Loomis's album tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Magero View Post
    Whitechapel are pretty good. Nothing special (after you've heard 20-30 deathcore bands, you've heard 'em all really) but not that bad.
    Lol I know alot of deathcore sounds the same, but I actually prefer into alot of the general death metal stuff.

Also, I just want to know what TDTDE are considered here.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathconsciousness View Post
    i got hold of amon amarth's new album yesterday as well. yet to give it a listen, but i have better things to listen to and read.
    slipknot's new album has also been put on the back burner, due to my recent industrial and drone binge.
    FUCKING. WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?

*goes to google*

also, I'm just gonna say that I really cannot stand any deathcore at all, and feel it should not be affiliated with any death metal.
    (after you've heard 2-3 deathcore bands, you've heard 'em all really)
    Fixed, based on my opinion
    Last edited by DragonDance; 28th August 2008 at 8:23 PM.

pretty soon the new Dethklok album is going to come out, when the Metalacolypse season ends, then Brenden Small will either start it, or realease it, i cant remember....but its going to be sick

Well, the new Dragonforce CD come out this week. I was hoping the cover pictured here a while back was a joke cover, but alas, it was not.
    Quote Originally Posted by BUG View Post
    I enjoy Disturbed and Dragonforce.
    I surprised nobody flamed this guy yet.
    Anyone heard the new The Haunted album yet?
    It's really good.
    Ah, new Haunted. I didn't know they were bringing anything out. I've enjoyed Revolver and The Dead Eye, so I'll probably check out the new stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by .TraX. View Post
    Soulfly did one decent album, and I'll give you one hint which one: 3 mixes, 1 regular track and 4 live tracks.
    I've never been into Soulfly either. I've tried to like them but they just haven't really caught on with me.

Woo for rapid fire opinions!

Ahem;

DragonForce's new album is awesome. Don't expect anything new, just expect stupidly fun power metal.

Into Eternity's new album is one of the most boring things I've ever heard.

New Metallica singles so far are promising. My Apocalypse is nothing special but TDTNC is pretty awesome.

Listening to new Bleeding Through, sounds ****ing AWESOME. Thank you Devin Townsend.

Tomorrow is an all day deathcore fest for me. Hurray!
    I don't use "ubers", I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar)

Deathcore = scenesters

scenesters = epic fail

deathcore = epic fail

I like my metal hair-doo free.

~~

Deathcore = scenesters

scenesters = epic fail

deathcore = epic fail

~~

Woo for rapid fire opinions!

Ahem;

DragonForce's new album is awesome. Don't expect anything new, just expect stupidly fun power metal.
    This makes me want to stay as far away from it as possible.

Into Eternity's new album is one of the most boring things I've ever heard
    :/

Quote Originally Posted by Nidogod View Post
    Deathcore = scenesters

scenesters = epic fail

deathcore = epic fail

qft

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    I've never been into Soulfly either. I've tried to like them but they just haven't really caught on with me.
    The Dark Ages, and Conquer, their new album, are both really good

everything before that however, is mallcore trash

read as:

Deathcore = Senseless

which is also true.

I surprised nobody flamed this guy yet.
    is this the attitude every metal loving roach is supposed to take on? flame anyone who is not true, never accept non-true ness, you are of course never as true as me.
    at times i thought serebii would be exemt from the rule, but alas, it has been displaed on multiple occasions.

though every single member of sppf these days thinks they are a troll lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonDance View Post
    This makes me want to stay as far away from it as possible.
    Has DragonForce ever done something that could be construed as "new"? I mean, just judging by every post about them on this thread, they sound incapable of such.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Has DragonForce ever done something that could be construed as "new"? I mean, just judging by every post about them on this thread, they sound incapable of such
    Not only does their first album count as new (for obvious reasons), it also had more variation in it's 9 songs than all the other DragonForce albums combined. That's where alot of my hate comes from. It's not like they're unable to make enjoyable power metal, they are just lazy greedy posers who would rather appeal to the 10 year olds playing guitar hero who don't know the first thing about music as opposed to the metal community who at one time appreciated and supported them.

btw I'm downloading the new album now so I can skip around the songs and make fun of it later.

~~

I lthink with dragonforce, its a case of if it aint broke, dont fix it. im a huge dragonforce fan, and when you listen to the tracks as much as i have (god i sound like and old man)you notice difforences, sure it sounds similar but if you listen to a track of every album i think you would be able to tell they were from difforent albums.
    Its a case of if you like it its great, if you dont its not.

I also think the first album isnt as varied as Nidogod is making out (no disrespect there mate its just my opinion.)

Also I think a lot of death metal bands all there songs sound the same, growl blastbeat downtuned riff repeat. but these never get stick for it. or someone like Mayhem, im not saying its all like this, but big riff with normal drums, slight pause tremolo picking and blastbeating, back to riff at end.

I wouldnt say dragonforce were that greedy, i mean theyve always maintained that if there albums stopped selling and people stoped caring theyed call it a day, were as a greedy person would relise albums regardless.

I do appologise for this long post but i felt i had to say somthing.

also id like to thank whoever it was who had a darkspace albome cover in there sig. i checked them out and they were awesome!

i mean theyve always maintained that if there albums stopped selling and people stoped caring theyed call it a day, were as a greedy person would relise albums regardless.
    Not really, a greedy person would pack it in because if they weren't selling, there'd be no profit in making albums. A non greedy person would continue to release albums even if it meant there'd be a loss in profits.

You're my wife now!

Quote Originally Posted by Tim the turtle View Post
    Not really, a greedy person would pack it in because if they weren't selling, there'd be no profit in making albums. A non greedy person would continue to release albums even if it meant there'd be a loss in profits.
    i suppose it depends how you look at it a greedy person might relise an album cause theres always someone there to buy it and make a profit . and someone who packed it in wold no longer be making money from it.

i just depends on your viewpoint i suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerheart View Post
    I lthink with dragonforce, its a case of if it aint broke, dont fix it. im a huge dragonforce fan, and when you listen to the tracks as much as i have (god i sound like and old man)you notice difforences, sure it sounds similar but if you listen to a track of every album i think you would be able to tell they were from difforent albums.
    Its a case of if you like it its great, if you dont its not.
    for starters, i cannot undertand people who say they are fans of dragonforce. is it possible to be a fan of something that un-serious, almost outlandish in act?
    i myself do like to listen to dragonforce when i fancy something completely mindless, and when i want to air guitar to something stupid or sing along to something downright epic, but never would i consider myself a fan. they are a joke to music, no one can respect them, and to be a fan, you have to have a certain level of respect for the band, for the music they play and/or their image... power metal as a whole has some gems in the rough, but dragonforce are not worthy of such praise.
    accessable, fun masturbation of instruments sped up for your pleasure if you ask me, but nothing more. definitely fun.

and i agree in that you can hear differences between albums, but that is because they were produced differently, and it shows. but the overall concept is identical. I also agree here with Nidogod in saying that they are lazy with their music, and that they can have a sort of alright sounding sound that varies at least a little on an album, but they just choose not to, and more-or-less sell out to the children who think they are METAL because they listen to dragonforce [and play guitar hero].
    I also think the first album isnt as varied as Nidogod is making out (no disrespect there mate its just my opinion.)
    as far as they go, you have to accept that we are talking in context here, it is!
    but i see the point raised!
    Also I think a lot of death metal bands all there songs sound the same, growl blastbeat downtuned riff repeat. but these never get stick for it. or someone like Mayhem, im not saying its all like this, but big riff with normal drums, slight pause tremolo picking and blastbeating, back to riff at end.
    album to album, you can see a distinct difference in sound between albums from most artists, even in death/power metal. dragonforce you simply cannot.
    I wouldnt say dragonforce were that greedy, i mean theyve always maintained that if there albums stopped selling and people stoped caring theyed call it a day, were as a greedy person would relise albums regardless.
    they play accessable songs. enough said really!!!
    also id like to thank whoever it was who had a darkspace albome cover in there sig. i checked them out and they were awesome!
    that would have been me. I was fashioning my favourite albums of 2008 a month or so ago, and that one is certainly top 5 material.
    but which album[s] did you listen to.
    you really should go in chronological order.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim the turtle View Post
    a non-greedy person would play music simply because they love the fuck out of music and the music they play defines them as a person, not for money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerheart View Post
    i suppose it depends how you look at it a greedy person might relise an album cause theres always someone there to buy it and make a profit . and someone who packed it in wold no longer be making money from it.

i just depends on your viewpoint i suppose.
    money is a bonus in music, as far as i'm concerned. all of my favourite bands don't play music for the money, they do it because it is a passion. most of them you'll find have real jobs as well!

Currently listening to Twilight of the Thunder God

It's fucking awesome.

Currently listening to Twilight of the Thunder God

It's fucking awesome.

I'm going to call it right now:

Album of the Year
    Last edited by DragonDance; 30th August 2008 at 1:04 AM.

that would have been me. I was fashioning my favourite albums of 2008 a month or so ago, and that one is certainly top 5 material.
    but which album[s] did you listen to.
    you really should go in chronological order.
    I got Darkspace I.
    im probobly gonna get II & III sooner or later.

Has anyone herd of a band caled Thronar? i would recomend listening to them.

and as for being a fan of dragonforce, i enjoy the music, so what if its not the most serious thing in the world? doesnt mean i cant listen to it. I would say owning every album including japanise and europian bonus tracks, owning the demo, owning music from shadow warriors (sam and zp's even jokier side project), owning albums by Demoniac (the black metal band herman and sam were in before dragonforce), albums by powerquest (featuring founding members of dragonforce) having had seen them live 3 times (soon to be 4) and owning 3 t-shirts. and the fact i enjoy the music, kinda makes me a fan of the band.

but at the same time i understand that there not to everyones taste, and some people dont like them. but i dont get why people talk about them so much if you dont like them, if i dont like somthing i wont post about it.

album to album, you can see a distinct difference in sound between albums from most artists, even in death/power metal. dragonforce you simply cannot.

if you cant tell the difforence, your obviously not listenig to it properly, cause theres listening to a song and theres properly listening to a song and as an A level music and music technology student i properly listen to music. (sory for sounding aragent and big headed i dont mean to). Heres a song from every album and i think youl find there not as similar as is being made out. at the same time im not saying there totaly difforent, there all definately the same style but dont 'all sound the same'

Black Winter Night from Valley of the Damned
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vE5LP0keEE

Soldiers of the wasteland from Sonic Firestorm
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC36K7Uix_M

Body Brakedown from Inhuman Rampage
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTE9Bzbpd3M

Reasons to Live from Ultra Beatdown
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJwRQyx5tYY
    Last edited by Hammerheart; 30th August 2008 at 3:19 PM.

Deathcore = scenesters

scenesters = epic fail

deathcore = epic fail

Yeah, because these guys;
    Are TOTALLY scene kids. I mean, god, look at all those skinny jeans, fringes and hair gel.

Grow up.
    I don't use "ubers", I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar)

As a music technology student you should know that the main difference in album sounds is more expensive production as time goes on. After listening to the new album I'm fairly certain the band wasn't even there to record it. I'm glad to already posted a link to Reasons to Live as I was about to use that as an example. Even as far as drum machines go, I've heard much more realistic sounding blastbeats before. Since we already know they speed up and edit the hell out of their studio records, it wouldn't surprise me at all if no drummer was present for that.

~~

As a music technology student you should know that the main difference in album sounds is more expensive production as time goes on. After listening to the new album I'm fairly certain the band wasn't even there to record it. I'm glad to already posted a link to Reasons to Live as I was about to use that as an example. Even as far as drum machines go, I've heard much more realistic sounding blastbeats before. Since we already know they speed up and edit the hell out of their studio records, it wouldn't surprise me at all if no drummer was present for that.
    If you buy the deluxe/expanded whatever its called version with the dvd you can watch them recording at full speed and with the drummer. And they always mange to play it at speed live. the drummer (Dave mackintosh) used to be Bal Sagoths Drummer on the Power Cosmic album and the Atlantis Ascendant album so its not as if he's a bad drummer.

If you buy the deluxe/expanded whatever its called version with the dvd you can watch them recording at full speed and with the drummer. And they always mange to play it at speed live. the drummer (Dave mackintosh) used to be Bal Sagoths Drummer on the Power Cosmic album and the Atlantis Ascendant album so its not as if he's a bad drummer.

Page 51 of 363 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast