Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Enter Galactic! (537)

Um, right. Team Galactic had their first appearance in this first episode. I knew of the Croagunk vs. Toxicroak battle. I can't wait for it to be dubbed in English........

*bumps*

Just about the Toxicroak, someone said it's proven it's not shiny?
    Wrong, it IS shiny.

Have a look at this: http://serebii.net/pokedex-dp/454.shtml
    You can see it's cheeks are pink and his body is sort of light blue.

Compare Croagunk's normal sprite with the normal one of Toxicroak, they both have the same color palettes.

Now look at the episode picture, it should have the same blue color as Croagunk, and his cheeks are different then Croagunk's.

Now about the pokédex image, it shows the same colored Toxicroak, but in the D/P games, when you catch a shiny which isn't in your dex yet, it also shows the shiny.

Anyone can dis-proof this?
    Apparently my signature's picture was too big after not hearing anything about it for nearly 2 years! : D
    Will be updated at some point.

*bumps*

Just about the Toxicroak, someone said it's proven it's not shiny?
    Wrong, it IS shiny.

Have a look at this: http://serebii.net/pokedex-dp/454.shtml
    You can see it's cheeks are pink and his body is sort of light blue.

Compare Croagunk's normal sprite with the normal one of Toxicroak, they both have the same color palettes.

Now look at the episode picture, it should have the same blue color as Croagunk, and his cheeks are different then Croagunk's.

Now about the pokédex image, it shows the same colored Toxicroak, but in the D/P games, when you catch a shiny which isn't in your dex yet, it also shows the shiny.

Anyone can dis-proof this all?
    Last edited by Pokerealm; 27th July 2008 at 8:09 PM.
    Apparently my signature's picture was too big after not hearing anything about it for nearly 2 years! : D

Sigh...how long will this go on.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by Pokerealm View Post
    Anyone can dis-proof this all?
    Certainly.

Spoiler:- Episode only aired in Japan at the moment:

Not sure whether this has been stated before now. But i'd say that more-or-less extinguishes the speculation that Saturn's Toxicroak is Shiny.
    Last edited by Blazing Charmander; 27th July 2008 at 8:51 PM.

Interesting..
    Yeah, it does look the same, I wonder why they did that =p

I dont know, but this whole if its shiny or not thing is confusing me. I guess I have to see the episode myself to understand it more. but I'm going to wait for the dub version since its coming in about 2 weeks according to Serebii.
    Credit goes to Deoxys911

He sparkles when he comes out of it's ball.

(0:10 - 0:11)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMcOA46ZUnw

Quote Originally Posted by Durden View Post
    The most interesting part in this ep is the Pikachu/Electabuzz relation. Seems like the writers want to develop it even more.

They're actually settling their differences, Durden.

I have returned with a new sig on my team, so be careful with Palkia.

So it's not shiny? Aww...

But, yeah. I'm staying up the whole night so I don't oversleep and miss the episode. I hope it's good

This episode is definitely one you have to see and not just the pictures. So it seems that the Galactic commanders have more knowledge of Cyrus' plan in the anime then in the games.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Paul on screen

Paul: It me hi. So you need to send me Electabuzz sense were preparing for the pastoria gym.
    Reggie: Pastoria huh? Guess it is Electabuzz's turn. Thats right, your old friend Ash has been here, you know, the trainer that has the a pikachu that uses volt tackle you told me about, interesting guy, i like him.
    Paul: Well I suppose you would.
    Reggie: Guess what? He earned the cobble badge today.
    Paul: So what? Anyone can win at the veilstone gym.

)--(

OLD FREIND???

There were several moments of silence in the dub. That hasn't happened in a while, has it?
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

I loved this episode, the beginning with the power out, felt like the start of a movie. Liked how everyone important mobilized to fight togther.

Officer jenny's entente was so sexy

The Crogunk vs Toxicroak fight was amazing, the faces they made were great and I loved how Crogunk pouted after Toxicroak left.

Ash didn't have to apologize to Jenny at the end though. "sorry us kids couldn't do your job for you" What was she thinking going there alone with no Pokemon??
    FC - 4339-3819-1503
    Safari Type is Bug

I guess I expected this amazing showdown between Croagunk and Toxicroak. I don't see what was so great about it. They didn't even do that much.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

This turned out to be a pretty good episode. I loved the Croagunk/Toxicroak staredown and them accidently sending Team Rocket blasting off.

The whole Galatic plot seems a lot different from the main game, except for the goal of course. I suspect that it is dealing more with the plot of the Platinum game. Or it could be (gasp) an original plot the writers came up with.

Pikachu and Electabuzz seem to have buried the proverbial hatchet. Perhaps this could make an impact in the future.

Overall, this was a good episode. Here's hoping that the writers don't screw Team Galatic over like they did to Team Magma/Aqua.

Now being reposted!

This episode was good! It was a great way to finish the Veilstone City story arc. Pikachu & Electrebuzz sure made a great team. I like how Pikachu cut took ropes from Team Galactic's helicopter with Volt Tackle.

This episode was good! It was a great way to finish the Veilstone City story arc. Pikachu & Electrebuzz sure made a great team. I like how Pikachu cut took ropes from Team Galactic's helicopter with Volt Tackle.

Team Galactic and the Croagunk vs. Toxicroak fight made this episode a little interesting. I was ticked off that they didn't played the Team Galactic battle team once. That was one of my favorite battle music in the game. I've also spotted a logical mistake. When Regi told Electibuzz to use thunder to throw Pikachu while using volt tackle, It didn't look like Electibuzz was using thunder. WTFP would be so proud that I spotted it.

Quote Originally Posted by kiara911 View Post
    Paul on screen

Paul: It me hi. So you need to send me Electabuzz sense were preparing for the pastoria gym.
    Reggie: Pastoria huh? Guess it is Electabuzz's turn. Thats right, your old friend Ash has been here, you know, the trainer that has the a pikachu that uses volt tackle you told me about, interesting guy, i like him.
    Paul: Well I suppose you would.
    Reggie: Guess what? He earned the cobble badge today.
    Paul: So what? Anyone can win at the veilstone gym.

)--(

OLD FREIND???
    That part made me laugh how Reggie said Ash is Paul's friend. Wow, it was awkward and funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Dattebayo View Post
    I've also spotted a logical mistake. When Regi told Electibuzz to use thunder to throw Pikachu while using volt tackle, It didn't look like Electibuzz was using thunder. WTFP would be so proud that I spotted it.
    Actually Reggie said Thunder in Japanese version as well and they go by translating close enough to the english version.

This episode was good, I liked it overall, and the music volume was a bit higher than usual. So it was nice. One of my fave part was the phone conversation that Paul and Reggie had, and as well Toxicroak and Crogunk battling. It was too funny. The only disappointment I had that Satoshi no Theme wasn't played around the end, it was replaced the dub boring music.

Cool

Yeah, I thought it was pretty good. Saturn is the essense of cool.

Interesting show. Finally get to see Team Galatic in action. They are more organized than the other Teams ive seen. Makes TR look awful.

At first I thought the Meteors have to do something with Deoxys in the show but it seems to be a purpose to get the Red Chain was it?

The stand-off of Croagunk and Toxicroak was funny but not much battling in them.

Seeing Paul already at his next gym was pretty fast. Thats so like him.

Well overall, this episode was great but not much.

7.5/10
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/jb1rmh.jpg[/IMG]
    I claimed Ponyta

I customized these

This episode was pretty good. I love Saturn's voice and Toxicroak had a cool voice, too.
    The part where Toxicroak and Croagunk were staring at each other was funny.
    Paul sure is fast. Ash just saw him a few episodes ago and now he's all the way in Pastoria!
    7/10

Quote Originally Posted by SOS! Its Not Healthy.. View Post
    That part made me laugh how Reggie said Ash is Paul's friend. Wow, it was awkward and funny.
    That's more of a brother teasing tactic. They are brothers afterall. Makes perfect sense.

Wow, I gotta admit, they finished off Veilstone quite nicely. To put it in perspective, it took them half a season to show off Team Aqua. It took them a little longer to cameo Galactic, a bit longer to show them in action, and roughly a whole season for Ash and co. to finally know who the heck they are. The writers certainly took their sweet time.

Great episode, Saturn is the type of guy you really don't want to mess with. I was amazed that even though Saturn attacked TR with Toxicroak, they didn't blast off till later. Which is good. TR deserves to weigh a little more.

Jessie annoyed by the "Rockets" with a fashion sense was quite entertaining. I also thought it was funny that Meowth and James are impressed by TG's equipement.

Croagunk seemed downright annoyed by Toxicroak, and not having beat it's evolved form seemed to really tick it off. I was also impressed that Pikachu and Electabuzz set aside their "rivalry" and helped each other out. Thunder Tackle was awesome, and considering the uber class of Pikachu made sense.

Overall, lots of nice game mentions and finally the revelation of Team Galactic to the main cast. The writers seem to be putting much more time and effort into this "storyline" than previously thought. At least, whatever storyline this thing has to begin with.

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

This episode was cool. I found it hilarious when the Saturn Leader retaliated against TR during their motto. Ash should’ve done that years ago. It was cool to see a Toxicroak and a Dark Pulse. It was also funny how TR got mad about Team Galactic having “Team” in their name. After seeing this episode, I wonder why Croagunk had such a problem with Toxicroak. Maybe that'll be explained in a future episode.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast