Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Enter Galactic! (537)

Default *Just watched it, is late to the party here*

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziken Trainer View Post
    What the heck was up with Electabuzz. It looked like a freakin' ball!
    Ahaha, I said the same thing when I was watching it. XD "What the heck is up with it's shape?" You'd expect it to be skinnier.

Overall, a great episode indeed. The Toxicroak vs. Croagunk "face war" was pretty funny as well. Saturn's voice seems fine to me now, and the ending peeked some interest. I somehow wish they could of dove into the history of the meteorites more, I liked it anyway, but still. Pikachu's volt tackle (Coupled with Electabuzz) was quite awesome, too. Galactic isn't just some cheesy team, either; They're determined, devious, and demeaning. I'll definitely be looking forward to the episodes that continue to dive into Team Galactic, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Coast View Post
    Ahaha, I said the same thing when I was watching it. XD "What the heck is up with it's shape?" You'd expect it to be skinnier.
    Nah, not when its using that move....

Quote Originally Posted by Coast View Post
    I somehow wish they could of dove into the history of the meteorites more, I liked it anyway, but still.
    I'm preetty sure they wanna leave the more juicy plot stuff till later on...

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2qnqtyf.jpg[/IMG]
    Looks like I might be here to stay...

PASBL Trainer Level: 4 | 26-12-8 | 77 KO's | 199 TP | 0 SP
    PASBL Referee (C+)
    | Squad | League Table |

[.:Badges:.]
    Reffing Badge
    Onslaught Badge

Yosh! Everyone now realizes the true greatness of Team Galactic! *is TG obsessed*
    Anyway, I don't really have an opinion of Saturn's voice. I could never really match a voice to his image...
    Anyway, the Toxicroak v. Croagunk showdown was pretty awesome. I actually think Croagunk might not evolve so they can have this epic showdown.
    And TG plans seem slightly different than the games... I wonder how it will turn out in the end...
    Also, I too am not sure why Saturn evacuated Veilstone, where their base is supposed to be. Unless they were just running from the meteorite field to return to Veilstone later *shrugs*

Anyway, I am sooo looking forward to more Team Galactic action. AND MARS! *needs Mars to have an anime appearance NOW!*

d00med n0w

Mars will be the next TG member to appear, so hang in there...

PASBL Referee (C+)
    | Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
    Onslaught Badge

You don't know that.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    You don't know that.
    Yeah, for all we know, Galactic could've gotten all of the Lake Trio Pokemon and put it into some sort of cage or something. I just really don't get it how Galaxy "evacuated" the Veilstone headquarters. In the game at least, its the next to last place you go to foil the Galaxy fold.
    3DS Friend Code: 2079-6549-2981
    "Let's trade and battle!" - *message me first*
    I am a shadow, I seek the ways of Hadou.
    I'll have you know, I am a Lucario.

True, I don't know that.... But I'm a person to think postively. Plus, why would they choose not to include Mars the next time TG appears?

PASBL Referee (C+)
    | Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
    Onslaught Badge

Thumbs up Onward to a new universe!

I'm going to say this first: I'm a HUGE fan of Team Galactic, so my review may be a bit on the...biased side. (Normally I use the Japanese names, but for these reviews I'll use the English ones just because of quotes, and to make it easier for people.)

This episode went above and beyond my expectations. After the first bit of setup, something happened that seems to be ignored by the other people in this thread: Ash showed us a little bit of maturity, something that he has been severely lacking in previously. When complimented on his badges, he replies:

"Thanks, Dawn, but I'm still gonna need five more to get into the Sinnoh League. This is no time to get too confident."

Now, if I remember correctly, getting too confident was what Ash was best at back in Kanto and Johto, and even to a certain extent in Hoenn. He seems to be changing a little from the energetic young boy he was in the beginning of the series, to a teenager who seems to know what he's doing. Maybe all those years of traveling actually made him smarter!

Next was something I (and many other fans) have been anxiously waiting for since Reggie was introduced: interaction between him and his younger brother. I was almost surprised at the way Paul was talking during his conversation with Reggie. His speech was much more casual, and he seemed more relaxed. Sure, Reggie is his brother, but it does show a little that he isn't incapable of warming up to people. There are siblings out there with worse relationships.

I was also very happy with the history of Veilstone City. It's good to see some background for the places around the Sinnoh region - it was sorely needed to supplement the rich mythology of the region. The whole "pilgrimage to see the meteorites" thing sounded realistic enough to me, which was a pleasant surprise.

And now to the main focus of this episode: Team Galactic. They made the episode for me, they really did. I breathed a sigh of relief when I heard Saturn's voice - for those of you who don't know, in the Japanese version, his voice actor was a woman. I was afraid that he would get a sex change in the dub too, but apparently not. This is the first time I've heard of the dub doing something better than the original.

Here's a little tidbit for you: the second scene with Saturn, when he was standing on the balcony above all the grunts, came straight out of Pokemon Special. In volume 12 of PokeSpecial, there is a scene in which Keane and the Mask of Ice of Neo Team Rocket are seen speaking to the grunts. This is the image. (I'm sorry, I don't have it in English.) This was actually a tipoff to me that they were going to do Team Galactic right - NTR is one of the most evil teams in Pokemon, or at least insane.

Also, Saturn's speech was quite a surprise. They really seemed to be serious about what they were doing:

"Then, after plan completion, we'll destroy this base and evacuate. It's vitally important we leave absolutely no sign of our presence here."

Moreover, the grunts did everything in unison throughout the episode (with the exception of Saturn's two lackeys). This gives them a sort of edge that we haven't seen from any of the other teams. Team Galactic is scarier, smarter, and eviler ("Destroy Croagunk!") than any of the other teams we've seen so far. They're on par with Hunter J. They were very thorough in their operations, jamming all the signals in the city to cover their operations (although it failed).

However, there are some key differences from the games here. For example, Saturn shows knowledge of the intentions of the team, unlike in the games. (For example, he knows that they're going to build the red chain, and if he doesn't know why, then he doesn't let it on.) However, his personality is pretty true to the games. I only hope that we get to see what he's like on the inside, the way we did in the games after the events at Spear Pillar.

Finally, the Secret Police! I was glad that the writers finally decided to involve the police. They were sort of necessary, because with a truly criminal Team comes someone who wants to arrest them. They might have been doing this so that they could involve Handsome, the Interpol officer from Platinum, later on.

My only few complaints:

1. "Check out those helicopters! They've been hovering above the park all day!" If Ash noticed this, I'm sure everyone else did. Why did no-one do anything about this, especially with the conspicuous yellow Gs on the sides of the 'copters?

2. Team Rocket stood out too much. They've had at least three hundred times their share of the limelight. They should have stepped aside at least a little, to let Team Galactic shine as much as they could have.

All in all, a great episode. This is why I watch the series.

I have to admit I didn't notice the fashion comment the first time that I saw the "Secret Sphere of Influence" episode (I probably missed a lot because of the headache I got from them showing that episode in fast-foward). At least the fashion part of the original Japanese title of this episode makes more sense now after watching this episode. It still doesn't make me see Team Galactic as being any better than Team Rocket, Magma, or Aqua, though. At least the twerps finally got to meet them.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 11/10 NEW!! 11/13
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

^^ Yeah, finally - but hasn;t it been that TR always meet the new team before the twerps?

PASBL Referee (C+)
    | Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
    Onslaught Badge

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious_Dreamer View Post
    ^^ Yeah, finally - but hasn;t it been that TR always meet the new team before the twerps?
    I think so, but it's probably because Team Rocket always has to get the news before anyone else. Of course, they don't do anything useful with all of that information because all what they're interested is just getting the money out of the operation.
    3DS Friend Code: 2079-6549-2981
    "Let's trade and battle!" - *message me first*
    I am a shadow, I seek the ways of Hadou.
    I'll have you know, I am a Lucario.

Sometimes that even use the info and end up helping the other team anyway... it's all a bit weird.... (perhaps too well thought out *nods*)

PASBL Referee (C+)
    | Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
    Onslaught Badge

Having now finally got round to seeing the dub version of this episode, it still rings a bell in my mind as being absolutely brilliant. I think maybe this picture here kind of sums it up for me:
    http://serebii.net/anime/pictures/shinou/537/DP82.jpg

More Galactic in the future, because their storyline is really enthralling!

(Oh, and Maylene's voice still worries me how much she sounds like Misty [I know, btw, same actor])
    Last edited by Anyone 4 Buttons?; 7th September 2008 at 3:51 PM.

Do the Robot!

I haven't seen the episode yet, but I want to because I always love the episodes with the evil teams (except Team Rocket, they're no real threat). Does anyone know if Ssturn is a boy or girl? I was never able to hear it's voice, so I don't know.

My fic, Drowning.
    Cye of the Torrent is my bishie.
    Credit to Sketchie of Coronet Designs

I haven't seen the episode yet, but I want to because I always love the episodes with the evil teams (except Team Rocket, they're no real threat). Does anyone know if Ssturn is a boy or girl? I was never able to hear it's voice, so I don't know.

My fic, Drowning.
    Cye of the Torrent is my bishie.
    Credit to Sketchie of Coronet Designs

Seriously, this has been known for two years now, boy.

Still, it's very difficult sometimes in the anime to determine for sure whether someone is a girl or boy....

PASBL Referee (C+)
    | Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
    Onslaught Badge

Still, it's very difficult sometimes in the anime to determine for sure whether someone is a girl or boy....
    Yeah since in the Japanese version, Saturn has a very feminine voice. While the English Dub makes it obvious he's a male.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

who knows why the japanese dont care so much about the genders......

PASBL Referee (C+)
    | Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
    Onslaught Badge

If you honestly look at Saturn and think female, I feel sorry for you.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Now, why is that - because i guarantee that when you looked at Aoi, you thought she was make as we all did until her gender was revealed.... I'm saying that its difficult to tell, not that once you know, you still think they are another gender...

PASBL Referee (C+)
    | Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
    Onslaught Badge

I didn't think of Aoi as either gender at first...she was a little hard to tell, Saturn is not.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Now, why is that - because i guarantee that when you looked at Aoi, you thought she was make as we all did until her gender was revealed.... I'm saying that its difficult to tell, not that once you know, you still think they are another gender...
    I actually thought she was female from the word go...It was obvious just from looking at her face.

Pretty much:

eyelashes= female
    no eyelashes= male

Seriously.

Saturn <33333

I loved this episode, not only for the fact Team Galactic were in it but the fact that they aren't actually getting kicked by the 'twerps', they are actually suceeding to an extent. Something that's long overdue, a DECENT crime syndicate.

Toxicroak's anim&#233; colouration bugs me quite a bit, but I overlooked it, since I quite liked the Gunk/Croak rivalry and I hope it's a recurring thing.

9/10
    Subliminal rules: how to live, how to die.

FB ~ PC ~ PASBL

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast