Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite Generation I Pokemon?

Default What's your favorite Generation I Pokemon?

Mine is Vaporeon,because it is adorable and elegant and has a pretty high Special Attack.I also like Starmie,Ninetales,Arcanine,Gyarados,Jolteon,Lapras and Sandslash.My favorite Kanto legendary is Articuno,followed closely by Moltres.

Note: please try to explain your choice. Don't just post something spammy like "I like Pikachu"!
    Last edited by Aquarelle; 15th September 2014 at 12:17 AM.

I don't have that many favorite Kanto Pokemon sadly. The only ones that I find really appealing are cute ones like Horsea and Meowth, and Legendaries like Articuno and Mew.

Alakazam is mine. Awesome design, great Sp.att and Speed, and a quite good movepool (though maybe not in Gen 1, but I'm not sure). My favorite Kanto legendary is Moltres.
    Your heart goes on teaching all the things I taught to you

It's time I left this place behind and left their care with someone new

Just added something to the OP saying to elaborate your posts a bit so that we don't get just a bunch of short, spam answers.

Anyway, back in the day my favourite Gen 1 Pokemon was Charmander. This was mostly due to the anime, as Ash's always seemed so strong to me. I was also a fan of its design and I was kinda obsessed with Fire types back then.

But now, I'd pick Dragonite as my favourite Kanto Pokemon. I have used it many times throughout the years and it has served me well with its high stats, great movepool, etc.

Other Gen 1s I really like: Clefairy/fable, Starmie, Gengar, Eevee, Lapras, Mew

Though nothing outstanding in battle, I had always loved the whole idea and design of the Cubone/Marowak family. The eerie fact that it's the skull of their dead mother, dude?! I found it kind of odd for a game like this to have something like that, I mean Pokemon is supposed to be all happy and fun right? ;v; Oh yeah....Hypno....
    Current Emerald playthrough

Omega Ruby hype

I love Articuno, its design is so elegant but sadly I've yet to actually catch one
    I have claimed

Although it isn't the best, I always loved Pidgeot. Mainly because Pidgey was one of the first Pokemon I caught and it would last the entire game in my party. Also because I love Flying-type Pokemon. XD

Eevee is probably my next favorite. Just because it looks so adorable.
    3DS Friend Code: 3652 - 0535 - 5004
    IGN: Michi
    Friend Safari : Snover, Bergmite, Cloyster

miShellder's Bank Ball & HA Pokemon List

Mew, Bulbasaur, Pikachu, Cloyster, Flareon, and Articuno would be mine, and my favorite party probably, for Gen 1.

"Small but Brave! Keldeo the Hero!!"

3DS FC- 4141-3093-5467

FS- Flying Safari- Hawlucha,Woobat,Spearow

Please add me to your Friend Roster!

oh, blastoise by far. I've done solo runs through the whole game, only with blastoise... Good memories.
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

I'm baaaaaaaaaaack

Looking for that extremespeed linoone with adamant or jolly (when it comes out). If you're gonna get one, I'd appreciate it. I can clone it if needed.
    I'm willing to sell my soul for it

Raichu!!! Ever since the episode "Thundershock Showdown", Raichu has been one of my absolute favorite Pokemon. Back then, I tried so hard to find a Raichu plushie, but just couldn't. Bless my little heart. xD

Favorite? Hum... Staryu and Cubone. Staryu due to it being a freaking star with a glowing jewel. Ever since it appearance on the show, I have liked it.
    Cubone, because is it a very poetic pokemon. I mean, it loses its mother, but maintains her existence, not on his heart, but physically as well. Think with me, it uses her bones, showing a huge level of affection for its mother. And it is also a very lonely creature. Tell me how it isn't poetic!

Missing number. It screws with everything, and allows you to dupe items and get to level 255.

Raichu not because of it being underrated because of it's mascot brother, but because of how cool electric types were in gen I.
    It isn't very strong (especially not by today's standards) but it still has that cute little puffy face of his.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

I'll have to go with Pikachu due to starting with Yellow. Pikachu was always my highest leveled Pokemon in any of my Yellow playthroughs
    My other favorites are Jigglypuff, Clefairy, Clefable, Articuno, and Mew.

A lot of my favorite Pokemon are from Kanto actually. My top favorites have to be:

1. Pikachu
    2. Charizard
    3. Mew
    4. Aerodactyl
    5. Mewtwo
    6. Gyarados
    7. Lapras
    8. Omastar
    9. Dragonite
    10. Eevee
    Last edited by PKMNOriginsRed; 30th October 2014 at 5:56 AM.

Currently looking for a 6IV Pichu or Pikachu in a standard Pokeball with the egg move Volt Tackle, PM me and I'll provide what I can

Bulbasaur, due to it being the only dual-type startwe up to date. That, and the fact in the anime it seemed to be the Cartman of Ash's group, and for that, the whole species gets a thumbs up. I still like to use it in Gen 6!
    What is Life's Greatest Illusion?
    Innocence, my brother...

I always loved butterfree, seeing butterfree here there and everywhere made me finally decide to play the game and watch the episodes

Actually my 2 top favorite pokemon are from this region. machamp and Arcanine, machamp because I always thought he looked cool and also because he was the first one I got shiny in a pokemon card lol and Arcanine because he is elegant and graceful yet though.
    Trinity League Badges

3DS FC: 1075-1699-3820
    Ign: GC7

My favorite 1st gen Pokemon would probably actually be Nidoqueen because it was the first pokemon that I can really remember liking and battling with.

I'll say Kadabra because it was always good at steamrolling most of the game.

I'm saying Kadabra instead of Alakazam because I could never evolve it.

Visit my Youtube Channel

Pokemon Y: Name: Yoda FC: 0001-3341-1988

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVader
    You may dispense with the pleasantries Commander; I am here to put you back on schedule.

Not only is Venusaur my favorite Gen I Pokémon, he's also my all-time favorite!

Zubat is my favourite Pokemon because I love Crobat and it's unloved as far as Pokemon go.

Credit to Junpearl63 for the banner

Nidoking because it was the first pokemon I got to its final form in the original games. The moon stone could be found in Mt Moon.

I said missingno earler but I was just kidding I like ditto because it looks cute, can transform in otheres and is the best pokemon for breeding, I also like mewtwo because it is very strong mega X is awesome

http://www.goomy.net/
    chansey sweep!
    F. E. A. R. this guy?
    my awesome sweep XD

credit to astral shadow
    click my pokemon

I have claimed vanillish and pokemon battle trozei
    hardest question ever

Hard to choose just one, but definitely Dugtrio and Machamp above all.

Starmie is there somewhere too.

Dugtrio basically because it was the first actual Pokémon I loved using in-game, and it swept everything and everyone with EQ and Rock Slide. <3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast